Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BatiGoal's Augusta National Golf Club Challenge

BatiGoal

58 minutes ago, Taff said:

Cracking job there dude, but Sven needs to get his lazy ass in gear or watch the door smack his ass on the way out

Correct. I'll be his dad at home but at the club he's a number and had better act like he deserves his inclusion in the squad or it's adios :D

Spoiler

Ok, maybe he's got 5 strikes :P

5 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Never in any doubt that you would get a minus score on this hole.

Thanks. Next one's not going to be so easy tho. 

1 hour ago, Titjes said:

Another great hole mate, 4 left :) you are setting a very hard score to beat ;) 

Hope so. Honestly tho I'm very happy to just make the leaderboard. It's pretty tough doing a 22-season career. Takes a massive amount of dedication. 

11 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Comfortable birdie here.

You'd best get rid of the Sven Batigoal and stop his pocket money! ;)

I'd like to do a "Son Challenge" for the remaining 8 seasons and make it a full 30 career but he's acting like a d#@k so not sure what the future holds for him. 

Just now, BatiGoal said:

Hope so. Honestly tho I'm very happy to just make the leaderboard. It's pretty tough doing a 22-season career. Takes a massive amount of dedication. 

I'd like to do a "Son Challenge" for the remaining 8 seasons and make it a full 30 career but he's acting like a d#@k so not sure what the future holds for him. 

I admire your perseverance mate, I would be sick of it after max 10 seasons i think :P 

Keep it up! Both hole 14 and 15 seems like rather comfortable challenges, so I'll go ahead and bet on an eagle in the next one. 

Is the son guaranteed to be of some quality? Would suck to have him come out as a one-star prospect..

5 hours ago, Titjes said:

I admire your perseverance mate, I would be sick of it after max 10 seasons i think :P 

Totally get it, tho on the other hand I'm so close now that I need little motivation to keep going. 

2 hours ago, 1899 said:

Keep it up! Both hole 14 and 15 seems like rather comfortable challenges, so I'll go ahead and bet on an eagle in the next one. 

Is the son guaranteed to be of some quality? Would suck to have him come out as a one-star prospect..

Under normal circumstances I'd get an Eagle but I'm quite limited in my player choice. I couldn't get my #1 pick as the board wouldn't allow me to pay close enough to the man's requested wages. Not sure my #2 pick is good enough to get the job done. :unamused:

Sven BatiGoal looks decent but don't think I've ever gotten a 5:star: son. My assistant is comparing him with a worldclass squad so it's still early days to accurately see how great he could become. Usually I get a better picture after a season or two in training.

Every challenge is difficult I guess, It just depends on how you approach them, patience, tactics and understanding the team and players is what makes it successful, I got told that the Chinese Challenge should of been hard, but I have found it relatively easy, but I guess that's because i've enjoyed it as well, something different to get my teeth into

Good luck @BatiGoal, been really good read so far

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

I thought this challenge was meant to be difficult :P

If this one isn't than certainly the next one is. I know very well that learning about my struggles makes for a much more enjoyable read lol. Unfortunately next hole might be that one. :'(

1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

Every challenge is difficult I guess, It just depends on how you approach them, patience, tactics and understanding the team and players is what makes it successful, I got told that the Chinese Challenge should of been hard, but I have found it relatively easy, but I guess that's because i've enjoyed it as well, something different to get my teeth into

Good luck @BatiGoal, been really good read so far

True. And of course applying what we've learned in the many past challenges as well. Scoring with defenders (hole 16 or 17) is an example. No doubt I'm going back to re-read my "scoring 250 goals with a def" challenge to see what I can learn/apply during this career :)

Cheers for the comments, guys. 

On 27/01/2018 at 10:25, Ashez said:

I thought this challenge was meant to be difficult :P

I'm only at Hole 6 for the moment, but I can guarantee you that's this is not easy. The holes themselves can be more or less doable, but the whole journey seems really long. 22 seasons, with dozens of adjusments, not stability whatsoever... That's the tough part actually !

200.webp#99-grid1

Waaaw Bati ! You've really put yourself through it ! I am not sure my nerves will stay intact enough time to beat you in some way :P

3 hours ago, GrtepZ said:

The holes themselves can be more or less doable, but the whole journey seems really long. 22 seasons, with dozens of adjusments, not stability whatsoever... That's the tough part actually !

Exactly, it's hole after hole after hole. It's tough doing a lengthy and proper pre-season each and every time and keeping the focus for such a long career.

Hole 15 isn't going as smooth as I'd have liked tbh.. a chance to shrink the gap or maybe even expand your lead :O

Oh man, I just read through ALL of this (took several days non-stop) and it is Epic!! Smashing it! I think you broke the challenge though - isn't it supposed to be tough?

Though the one failure is probably the biggest - Sven... The way it's going, it's probably going to end up like this:
Spoiler

lg.png

I can DM you some links to some parenting courses if you like! :P 

A couple of comments: Nice choice with Matt Ryan on hole 1, surprised you went with a right footed left back for the assist challenge (I get lots of assists from crosses, but has to be same foot as side), amazing work with Yedlin (I've never managed to get him to perform like that!), pretty hard on yourself with the GK season, smashed everything after that!
4 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Oh man, I just read through ALL of this (took several days non-stop) and it is Epic!! Smashing it! I think you broke the challenge though - isn't it supposed to be tough?

Thanks Scratch, appreciated your comments. And yes it may look easy but it's still tough. Some challenges more than others but as a whole it's just a very demanding journey.

Though the one failure is probably the biggest - Sven...

lol to his.. my son's defense.. he's showing promising sign as of late. :)

surprised you went with a right footed left back for the assist challenge (I get lots of assists from crosses, but has to be same foot as side)

It's simple, my second choice was so much weaker attribute-wise that I had to I ignore footedness. Choosing between good attributes wrong foot or scary attributes right foot is easy in the end. Fortunately it got us the points.

pretty hard on yourself with the GK season, smashed everything after that!

It's always a disappointment when one spends a lot of time brain-storming on specific type of players and which attributes are supposed to be essential for a challenge and it turns out totally different than one expects. Still not entirely sure if it was the GK I picked or that GKs make horrible strikers in general. There's more guys doing this Augusta Golf challenge so we will soon get an answer to that.

Thanks.. update coming up..

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

lol to his.. my son's defense.. he's showing promising sign as of late. :)

LOL just what Han Solo said on that bridge.... ;)

It's simple, my second choice was so much weaker attribute-wise that I had to I ignore footedness. Choosing between good attributes wrong foot or scary attributes right foot is easy in the end. Fortunately it got us the points.

Yeah I guess that's a problem! Actually I'd like to see a test on that sometime, to see how important footedness is for the wingback role... 

It's always a disappointment when one spends a lot of time brain-storming on specific type of players and which attributes are supposed to be essential for a challenge and it turns out totally different than one expects. Still not entirely sure if it was the GK I picked or that GKs make horrible strikers in general. There's more guys doing this Augusta Golf challenge so we will soon get an answer to that.

I'm thinking it's just likely that GKs suck at scoring in open play... But look forward to seeing how the others go...

The Augusta National Golf Club Challenge

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPQpgB5kn-yTsmd4iE_bN

- challenge link -

Update 15 - Hole 15

temp flower

Hole 15 - Firethorn (Par 5)

Firethorn is one of the most famous holes at Augusta and is probably one of the easiest as well with the green make-able in 2 shots. In FMM terms, this is a great opportunity to gain back some much needed momentum going into the final three seasons.

Challenge - Buy a North American AMC who must get as many assists in 2 seasons as possible in all competitions.

• Eagle - 80 assists
  • Birdie - 60 assists
  • Par - 40 assists
  • Bogey - 20 assists
  • Double Bogey - 19 or less assists

The last 2-season challenge of this career. Let's see which North American player I've brought in to get me 80 assists and an Eagle.

A Mexican AMC

GZDT7Lx.png

First choice was twice the player this man is but due to the board's interference (not allowing the man's wages) I had to settle for the next best thing. He's not exactly the worst either but definitely no worldclass player my #1 pick is. It's unfortunate but that's the challenge we're facing and I'll do my best to get the most out of our Mexican friend. Tbh not the most confident manager right now going for an incredible amount of assists with a 12-Creativity guy but we've got to keep faith no matter what.

Let's get those assists!! 80 for Eagle!!

- Season One -

SJ4G2Cz.png

A really good start getting 8 assists in 10 games. Confidence is growing..

Ia2CYJz.png

Add another 10 to that and we're on 18. Wow, this is looking easy.

dmaIrFm.png

Ouch!! only got 4 assists in the next 10 games and we've fallen wayyy behind schedule. With 16 goals he's scoring too much.

YeqP9YH.png

OMG, this is terrible!! What's happened all of a sudden? 2 assists in 10 games? 7 goals? Our end to the season is as terrible as our start was great. I'm shocked.

x56cnvB.png

Decent. Plus 5 assists in 10 is decent but we're still very much short of where we ought to be at this point. My confidence is at an all-time low right now. I definitely need to tweak a couple things.

Best Games

Fe0EG2v.png

Assist hat-trick 1.

L5UegzN.png

Assist hat-trick 2.

j6E9KoV.png

And an insane win vs Juve to record our third hat-trick of assists.

Season One Assist Tally

FqtMPe1.png

We end season 1 with 36/80 assists. Disappointing. Worst is that he scored way too many goals, 29. Half that amount should've been assists and we'd been cruising to victory. Now we're struggling big time to score another 44!! assists to get our Eagle. Mission impossible if you ask me but we've got to keep pretending we're doing great. That's what I told my players and my Mexican provider in particular so let's move on to season two.

- Season Two -

The Mexican AMC

6iozAGs.png

Looking much prettier than a year ago. Creativity still only 13 but nice overall improvements which will hopefully be enough for buckets of assists.

Best Games

bs4Zl37.png

A familiar sight getting an assist hat-trick.

S8EYztz.png

And a CL one on top of that.

6sEi0Ut.png

Finishing with his very best one yet. assists x4! that felt mighty good, I gotta say.

NKmPk4L.png

Just like season one our start is beautiful. A couple tweaks to turn goals into extra assists and we're flying.

ttrSBn1.png

A slightly less production but we're doing pretty good nonetheless, standing on 54/80 for an Eagle. I'm hoping..

6iDK8Lx.png

Yes! 10 good games scoring an extra 9 assists. 63/80. He's in tremendous form right now.

Uz9SiUN.png

And another 7 assists to our total brings us on 70/80 with approximately 20 games left. Oh this is looking awesome. If he continues this ratio and with his consistent performances this Eagle is mine. Only 10 assists to go.. we got this..

Season Ending Injury

7hE6FpU.png

:O please no :O

I'm begging the FMM Gods to be kind to me but my prayers have gone unanswered. How cruel. How cruel to end our journey with an injury.. or.. did our Mexican king of assists manage to produce the magical 80 before the injury instantly put an end to our efforts???

Final Assist Tally

xE13Sn0.png

Sigh!! The injury crushed all our hopes of getting that Eagle. We're stuck on 72/80 thus no Eagle. It's a mere Birdie for Mexico. This kinda stings as we were doing really well. I was starting to believe in the impossible and surely if we hadn't been robbed of rougly 20 games he missed thru injury in 2 seasons I'm positive we'd gotten those 8 missing assists.

At this point I turned off the phone and went outside to get some fresh air :) lol not even so much for not making that Eagle, if we're disappointed with Birdie we're doing crazy good, but it's what we've been working on for 2 seasons so I was really looking forward to the end of the challenge and see whether what we'd assisted was enough or not. It was definitely going to be close, just on the right or wrong side of 80 but I would've loved to complete the journey either way. Wasn't to be tho and we have to settle for -1 instead and move on to the next hole. 

Golfer BatiGoal - Manager Profile

ViYaMMX.png

Looking good, but the disappointment hasn't entirely sunk in yet.

Challenge Progress - Golf Scorecard

vdY44HB.png

Eagle Birdie noted!

We "drop" from -11 to -12. Before this challenge I'd have taken it so I'm quite happy with the result so far. I'd like to move on quickly to the next one tho :)

Thanks for reading and hope you stick around for the next update. Should be a cracking one.. ohh.. scoring with defenders? Really? Oh I'm actually excited for the next challenge for once. This is going to be great!

What to expect in the next update

Spoiler

Update 16 - Hole 16

temp flower

Hole 16 - Redbud (Par 3)

A very short hole but one that is played entirely over water. As long as you as managers don't do anything daft then you should be in with a reasonable chance for a birdie, but don't under-estimate the challenge of the hole either otherwise you'll be falling back yet again.

Challenge - In half a season (Jan.15) a centre back of your choice must score as many goals as possible in all competitions.

• Birdie - 6+ goals
  • Par - 4 or 5 goals
  • Bogey - 3 goals
  • Double Bogey - 0-2 goals

Thanks big for the support, guys. I hate it when injuries stand between us managers and success but that's unfortunately what we have to be dealing with. 

Good start to hole 16..

7 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks big for the support, guys. I hate it when injuries stand between us managers and success but that's unfortunately what we have to be dealing with. 

So do I, usually. But when it happens to you I love it.

22 minutes ago, samhardy said:

So do I, usually. But when it happens to you I love it.

:laugh: knew I could count on your undying support (y)

Spoiler

unnamed.gif.c9197433979a867169d90b56ee5eb78e.gif

19 minutes ago, Taff said:

Dude that’s gutting, but that’s the way the world works.  Still looking really good so kiu

Thanks, but already forgotten about it :D hole 16 is done and over with. Update tomorrow.. 

Oh man, that's rough. You were doing superbly there and I reckon it would have been in the bag... Still a birdie is not to be sneezed at. And now you're on to the BatiGoal hole... 

Oh man, that's rough. You were doing superbly there and I reckon it would have been in the bag... Still a birdie is not to be sneezed at. And now you're on to the BatiGoal hole... 

True, if I don't get a birdie on "my" hole I'll probably take a sabbatical :unamused: