Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll The Weekly Poll: How many Playmakers do you use?

FuddledFox

How many playmakers do you have in your team?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How many playmakers do you have in your team?

• 3+
    • My name is Sam and I don't give a s**t!!!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/01/18 at 13:00

The Weekly Poll 21/1/2018

Another week is nearly upon us but fear not as I have another question for the community to give there opinions on.

How many playmakers do you use in your team?

Image result for kevin de bruyne png

This is both deep lying playmakers and advanced playmakers and in any position on the pitch eg. DLP in either DM or CM and AP in CM AM or on the wings, and is in your tactic and not how many you have in your squad.

Lets hear your views in the comments as well.

Thank you for reading

Used 2 APs.. Didnt thought those were enough to bolster my attacking play so added a 3rd APs, And now i'm satisfied enough with my team.... ??? ( 4 Playmakers = Failure, Cause that just how Everton used to play with before Big Sam came in )

I must admit that i'm struggling with the playmaker roles. DLPs don't seem to contribute much in the way of key passes or anything else and when using more than one AP in central position and behind the striker seem to get in each others way. I've been getting more success with BWMs and BBMs and CMs

Im finding a APM behind a lone striker doesnt work for me...finding better success with Trequartista! But APM in a cm role does work.

Cant get more than one to work well in tandem. Maybe just how i set up i think but i'll be testing till the cows come home!

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Personally I've always been a fan of the wide APM, I never use them at AMC though, just at CM or wide. 

I have been using AP's out wide recently with some success.

@PriZe sent me the link to this great article from @MerlionMaple96 which helped me get my head around the role in wide areas.

37 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I have been using AP's out wide recently with some success.

@PriZe sent me the link to this great article from @MerlionMaple96 which helped me get my head around the role in wide areas.

That article is a massive reason why I use them :)

Currently 3 and I alternate between 2AP/1DLP and 2DLP/1AP in my Current tactics .. All in the middle positions hardly ever on wings but might try it now to switch it up when team hits a snag which seems to happen every season unless your team is just overwhelming the opponents .

20 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

Currently 3 and I alternate between 2AP/1DLP and 2DLP/1AP in my Current tactics .. All in the middle positions hardly ever on wings but might try it now to switch it up when team hits a snag which seems to happen every season unless your team is just overwhelming the opponents .

It's always good to mix it up a little as it keeps the AI guessing.

On 22/01/2018 at 04:36, TheServant said:

0. So far it works quite well.

So what position gets most of your assists?

32 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

So what position gets most of your assists?

The poacher got the most assists, which I am aware it's weird. And even now that I have one playmaker, poacher still provides the most assists. Maybe because I have three strikers at the front.

58 minutes ago, TheServant said:

The poacher got the most assists, which I am aware it's weird. And even now that I have one playmaker, poacher still provides the most assists. Maybe because I have three strikers at the front.

So the player who should be the greediest in the team gets the most assists:S Does he have high passing, creativity and teamwork?

6 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Does he have high passing, creativity and teamwork?

The current holder of most assists, Alexis Sanchez, has 16 Passing, 14 Creativity, & 15 Teamwork. So I guess those are not that high.

8 minutes ago, TheServant said:

The current holder of most assists, Alexis Sanchez, has 16 Passing, 14 Creativity, & 15 Teamwork. So I guess those are not that high.

I would say they are quite high for a poacher although not in a bad way more that they arnt attributes you would look for in a poacher.

So I guess the question is do certain attributes make roles perform differently?

3 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I would say they are quite high for a poacher although not in a bad way more that they arnt attributes you would look for in a poacher.

So I guess the question is do certain attributes make roles perform differently?

Ive had poachers creating too much before, its really frustrating when he has created more than he has scored the noticed his "stats" are not what is required.

Its a case of making sure the player suits the role. 

10 hours ago, Acidsparxx said:

Its a case of making sure the player suits the role. 

I guess you are right. I usually put any type of forward on poacher role. And maybe the fact that I have 3 forwards & all of them are on poachers role does not help.

8 hours ago, Rob2017 said:

I tend to play two attacking midfielders in the middle, with an APM in front of them.

How do you play an AP in front of two AMs? Are they all in the AMC position?

4 hours ago, GrouchoLenin420 said:

How do you play an AP in front of two AMs? Are they all in the AMC position?

I may have got that the wrong way around. ? I meant two AP with an AMC in front. 

On 24/01/2018 at 08:35, Rob2017 said:

I may have got that the wrong way around. ? I meant two AP with an AMC in front. 

I havent used the AMC role yet. Does he score or assist more or a bit of both?

Just now, FuddledFox said:

I havent used the AMC role yet. Does he score or assist more or a bit of both?

I've heard David Silva is pretty broken in that role