Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career No Strikers,No Problem! The One Season Strikerless Challenge

danovic78

So I thought I would take this little beauty on and see if we can put a half decent make on the leaderboard. You most of you know I am strictly OME only player and what I have noticed on this years game that it really takes a good 1-2 seasons before things settle down and the team starts performing consistently so this one season challenge might be tough.

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/41404-the-one-season-strikerless-challenge

Looking for the right club

I had a formation in mind that I wanted to use but I needed to make sure I had the base of those players roles covered but also a league where my new tactic might work best so I decided to head off to Portugal and Porto.

502de1f8bf19d3fdf44184fd8b41e9be.png

My thinking was they have a large squad with lots of strikers to get rid off in order to build my squad around my tactic.

Tactic

So here is my tactic, nothing really fancy here. A mixture of the role to give balance to the side going forward. With simple team instructions (full details available)

1eb0e6053d9881a9267493d638f75c05.jpg

The Players

After a lot of scouting the players from all over the world and looking for those I feel could  fit into the system but also the change role if required I settled on this three guys.

bad05a1b7c1120993036b155770fe26d.jpg

Aleksander Katai

This experienced Serbian can hopefully slot into the Inside Forward position but could also have the stats for the Shadow Striker role too.

2179bcfc57935ce05552116f6e991c8e.png

Gustavo Scarpa

A lot of people have used him this year and you can see why. Great starting stats and very cheap to buy. With decent creativity he could be used in any of the three attacking roles.

f0b1d298885e856f2b1d959edb5397f0.png

Xadas

This Portuguese wonderkid always seems to turn into a good player but I have never managed to snap him up early. Again decent starting stats but will he be able to kick on well enough in just one season?

dc07be827a8fc188234746698bc3d053.png

Edited by danovic78
2 hours ago, PriZe said:

Nice pick in scarpa!!! good luck!

Yeah, thought this would be a good challenge to test him out.

2 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Good luck mate, some nice little picks!

Thanks. Always nice to try different players and not the usual stand out performers.

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

Good luck mate

Cheers, hope it doesn't fail spectacularly! 

1 hour ago, Titjes said:

Good luck mate, I'm sure you will do great ;) 

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Nice looking tactic (y) 

Curious to find out how that BBM does for you :D goodluck! 

Cheers, lets hope it does the trick.

Well the plan is to use my trusty BBM Hector Herrera, who never lets me down! (y)

28 minutes ago, NucleusNT said:

All the best @danovic78

Cheers, shall update soon as have nearly finished.

SEASON REVIEW

So it was a strange season in general. We performed ok but just ok and sadly my score is nowhere near the total@JohnyBravo achieved. My tactic actually turned out to be really good defensively but struggled to score enough.

So the season was good for a trophies point of view. We won the league but struggled to that with way too many draws, 10 in total and I think everyone was a 1-1 draw where we always took the lead, couldn't finish them off and conceded in the second half. Missed changes has always been a bit of an issue for my playing the OME, its just ridiculously high. Then compared to numbers on the EME, makes me wonder what if I am missing a trick? :unamused:

Just 68 goals was never enough to put a decent score on the board but we only conceded 11 over the season so it was a very solid tactic but failed in the thing it was mean to do, score goals! :'(

We did ok in Champs League and just went out to the odd goal over two legs with Juve in the Quarter final.

Won the Taca de Portugal with a penalty shoot out against Sporting but failed in the league cup with a draw in the group stage, which is always fatal.

1ad439f409c0770b55d7146a548351da.png

The Players

So it was a distinctly average goal return, our three did not even hit the total @JohnyBravomanaged with Hazard alone!! :O

4734023aa46305766c94cb9cbc54b6a8.jpg

The guys just didn't perform as I would have hoped. We struggled as a team to score enough goals but did enough at other end to nick plenty of wins. There was lots of niggling 2/3 week injuries too to restrict the playing time and interrupt the flow.

Goals - 62 points
Assits - 29 points
League Goal Difference - 57 points
League Points - 79 points

TOTAL - 227 points

Wow! Nowhere near good enough but its a score on the board. Solid tactic but very unspectacular in terms of goals.

Edited by danovic78
19 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Well done mate, still a great score for this tough challenge ;) 

Thanks, pretty average really but 2nd for now! :laugh:

5 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Still a decent number all things considered. Maybe it's a sign you should jump ship to EME :)

I just don't know if I am ready for that kind of commitment yet...<3

42 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Good score mate. How did you find playing with no strikers? 

Thanks. It was ok but as I said I found that I was creating chances ok, double figures most games but failed to net enough. Just 1's and 2's really but this is the same I have found with normal formations on the OME. It takes a few seasons before the goals start to flow. 

I shall post the details for the Parking the Bus Challenge as I can use my scores to post a Porto score! ;)

8 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Not bad mate! Strikerless on OME is a bit harder then on EME  in my opinion! So congrats on the result :)

Thanks. Yeah I am finding the OME a bit of challenge this year, especially after the latest update as my tactic has fallen down so I am going back to basics for my next challenge and see how we get on. Its a brand new challenge yet to be launched.

10 minutes ago, Taff said:

It’s a decent score dude I’m just starting a save now so will see how well I can perform 

Cheers mate, good luck chasing down that total. Might have a bash with the EME, as its only one season and I can endure it for that long! :laugh:

I guess I am top of the OME leaderboard! :medal:

59 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Thanks. It was ok but as I said I found that I was creating chances ok, double figures most games but failed to net enough. Just 1's and 2's really but this is the same I have found with normal formations on the OME. It takes a few seasons before the goals start to flow. 

I shall post the details for the Parking the Bus Challenge as I can use my scores to post a Porto score! ;)

Thanks. Yeah I am finding the OME a bit of challenge this year, especially after the latest update as my tactic has fallen down so I am going back to basics for my next challenge and see how we get on. Its a brand new challenge yet to be launched.

I had a little dabble at this in EME last night, also using a post-update version, and found the double figures issue. I’ve found the same all throughout my Triple Threat too. In my opinion it is the ‘after update’ issue that makes it harder, rather than the use of the OME engine itself.

27 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I had a little dabble at this in EME last night, also using a post-update version, and found the double figures issue. I’ve found the same all throughout my Triple Threat too. In my opinion it is the ‘after update’ issue that makes it harder, rather than the use of the OME engine itself.

Its not just me then! 

25 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Nice one. I will get you put on both leaderboards tonight?

Cool, I shall post some other screenshots to show the full stats needed.

21 hours ago, danovic78 said:

Its not just me then! 

Cool, I shall post some other screenshots to show the full stats needed.

Just realised my score would be ineligible as I made transfers into my team. 

17 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Just realised my score would be ineligible as I made transfers into my team. 

For the park the bus challenge? I would still love to see how many clean sheets you had even if I can't put you on the leaderboard.

54 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

For the park the bus challenge? I would still love to see how many clean sheets you had even if I can't put you on the leaderboard.

No worries, shall see if I can add the screenshots later.

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Still a fantastic score mate, and with the players you chose you should still be happy  :)

Thanks, yeah I felt I could have done better. Maybe I will have think and go back to the drawing board....:unamused:

Personally I loved the unique player choices as I can't say I'm familiar with any of them, unfortunately the risk didn't pay off in terms of your points total but I enjoyed it :P

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Personally I loved the unique player choices as I can't say I'm familiar with any of them, unfortunately the risk didn't pay off in terms of your points total but I enjoyed it :P

Thanks Ash, the irony of trying to score goals and end up with a defensively sound tactic! ?