Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2019 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

All scores are in. 

Hopefully I'm attempting to make an event of this with one final posted tomorrow and one Sunday but it's time depending. As it's a SF I don't want to rush the post so we'll see what I can come up with free time wise. 

@samhardy you haven't responded to the above questions

59 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Tidy, @Nucleushas offered to test my idea so if it's reasonable be prepared to hate me with a passion...For those that make the final anyway. 

Oh i cant wait to see what you have in store for them 😈

Unfortunately I won't be able to do separate updates as the family are dictating how I spend my weekend 😂. So results night will be tomorrow with the challenge reveal on Monday. 

14 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Unfortunately I won't be able to do separate updates as the family are dictating how I spend my weekend 😂. So results night will be tomorrow with the challenge reveal on Monday. 

When you say ‘family’, you mean ‘Nintendo’ dont you? 😅

Edited by Rob
3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Nintendo, family......samething!

56 minutes ago, Rob said:

I wish 😂 

I'm building dinosaurs out of cardboard/loo rolls atm lmao 😕

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I wish 😂 

I knew it! Labo! Or at least pretending it is Labo.

Edited by Rob
12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I wish 😂 

Pebbledashosaurus???

18 minutes ago, Rob said:

I knew it! Labo! Or at least pretending it is Labo.

😂😂😂😂😂

If my nephew was older I'd be all over it! I'll admit I've tried him on MK8D with the kids features activated but he's not ready yet lol. 

4 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Family comes first! Just googled it now and it looks fun, I may have a go myself.😂

Look at this one I’ve found.

4B883D99-782F-4D73-94D3-818B1C048D21.jpeg.6687c01e995522003f10361d7667f531.jpeg

That's basically it but we've not got craft supplies so just cardboard ones and imagination for us lol. 

They're piss easy tbf, he's 2 and he loves them. He's dinosaur crazy! 

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

Am I the only one that is now expecting @Ashez to start a “cardboard dinosaurs” thread with monthly updates of all his creations 😬

Now we're talking! NintendoVibe only caught a few peoples attention but ShitRollDinoVibe might be the future! SI best stop ruining the game or things could get messy 😂

The Vibe Premier League Play Offs

Playoffs Semi.png

Hello and welcome to the VPL semi finals, in this round we found @1759 taking on @Foxy and @samhardy taking on @smoggy90. A brief recap of the challenge is our semi finalists played ten games each at clubs owned by The City Group which meant they played in England, Spain, America and Australia, that's not all however as our competitors had to sign a representative from the Arab Nation Cup in reach round in search of bonus points. 

While this is a strict head to head I've decided to post each stage in full for each competitor so we can compare the four as a group before we work out who's eliminated, so without further ado let's get down to the nitty gritty. 

Key
R: Role
P: Player Name
PP: Player/bonus Points
LP: League Points
GD: Goal Difference

Melbourne City FC 

Samhardy - R: GK P: Jerome Idir PP: 4 LP: 23 GD: 11 = 38

Foxy - R: GK P: Mazin Al-Kasbi PP: 2 LP: 23 GD: 9 = 34

1759 - R: CB P: Saad Attiya PP: 2 LP: 20 GD: 4 = 26

Smoggy90 - R: CB P: Abdelatif Bahdari PP: 3 LP: 16 GD: 0 = 19

Foxy and Samhardy went the goalkeeper route in Australia and it seems like a winning formula as both competitors finish in similar positions. Smoggy90 and 1959 decided to use central defenders on this leg but the lack of goal difference points came back to haunt them as that's where this round was won and lost. 

New York City FC 

Foxy -  R: MC P: Nabil Dirar PP: 8 LP: 25 GD: 12 = 45

Samhardy - R: CB P: Jamel Saihi PP: 3 LP: 28 GD: 13  = 44

Smoggy90 -  R: GK P: Alireza Beiranvand PP: 4 LP: 20 GD: 11 = 35

1759 - R: GK P: Daniel Zeaiter PP: 0 LP: 17 GD: 5 = 22

Samhardy and Foxy continue their mini head to head in the second stage as once again they post similar scores even though they went about it in different ways. This round saw Smoggy90 and 1759 both use up their goal keeper which limited the amount of bonus points earnt in a weaker league but I think the difference in league points was the deciding factor in this stage. I'd like to take a moment to shade on Samhardy however as the Sunderland native was either cocky or a genius in this stage as after being unhappy with his available options he used a no colour (at CB) midfielder in his defence which almost paid off. 

Girona

Samhardy - R: MC P: Adel Taraabt PP: 6 LP: 22 GD: 16 = 44

Foxy - R: CB P: Syam Ben Youssef PP: 4 LP: 17 GD: 6 = 27

Smoggy90 - R: MC P: Aziz Mashaan PP: 7 LP: 15 GD: 0 = 22

1759 - R: MC P: Abdelaziz Barrada PP: 3 LP: 9 GD: -5 = 7

I think this stage was the hidden challenge with most of our competitors finding this round tough going! Samhardy steals the show once again due to his understanding that the goal difference points are the target during these events, while Smoggy90 does his best to catch Foxy who just snuck second place. 1759 had a disaster however as his league form never really got going which combined with a -5 in the goal difference table means he's rooted to the bottom. 

The final stage takes us to Manchester City and what's really the wild card round, as we've already revealed everyone decided to unleash a striker here. This could be a massive point winning round as goals are basically worth double points thanks to the bonus and GD so let's see how things unfolded. 

Manchester City 

Samhardy - R: ST P: Mohamed Salah PP: 22 LP: 30 GD: 39 = 91

Smoggy90 - R: ST P: Mohamed Salah PP: 16 LP: 28 GD: 22 = 66

Foxy - R: ST P: Mohamed Salah PP: 10 LP: 30 GD: 19 = 59

1759 - R: ST P: Islam Slimani PP: 7 LP: 28 GD: 17 = 52

I expected to see Salah throughout this round but 1759 took a risk going for Slimani and while he produced a decent return it wasn't enough to rival the Egyptian. Smoggy90 finally over comes the Gloucestershire Gladiator thanks to his version of Salah scoring 16 times but once again it's Samhardy who steals the show with a monstrous score of 91. 

Final Scores 

Foxy Vs 1959

Foxy: 165
1759: 107

Smoggy90 Vs Samhardy

Samhardy: 217
Smoggy90: 142

9B524617-2A79-4D6D-9628-1B9444E76207.png

That brings this play off to an end and sets up the exciting final of @samhardy vs @Foxy! The challenge will be revealed on Tuesday night so enjoy the breather while you can! 

@smoggy90 and @1759 if you want a third place play off let me know asap!

Finally thank you @Nucleusfor all your help. 

Edited by Ashez

Hard luck @smoggy90 and @1759 but you have both had a great run so far and I kinda hope you both go H2H for a 3rd place playoff but i will understand if you don't (especially when I didnt want to do one in last years VPL}.

Looks like I might need to get out of 2nd gear for the final!!! 

Well done @Foxy on a great performance. I never fancied my chances but gave it my best.😀

I started with Man City and actually tried to get Salah but couldn’t get him to sign and tried a few more times but he wouldn’t come so I had to go with my next option so I’m happy with that round considering. Girona was next and I couldn’t get it going there and it turned into a complete shitshow so I knew it was over then tbh.

Anyway good luck to @Foxy and @samhardy in the final and commiserations to @smoggy90 but you have had a fantastic tournament. If you want a third place playoff then I’m happy to give it a whirl.

Anyway thank you @Ashez and @Nucleus for coming up with the challenge, I really enjoyed it as it was like four challenges in one.😀

Thank you @samhardy and @Foxy for inviting me into the event, I’ve enjoyed it all and did better than I ever expected.😀

I know @Foxy was responsible for the graphics and they really help bring out the thread so credit to you for that also.

Anyway another thank you to @samhardy for taking the time to come up with all the challenges every week, I appreciate it!👍

Congrats @samhardyand @Foxy👏 look forward to the final. Sam you could carry on and get salah in the 100 club at the rate you’re going! Fantastic!

Thanks to everyone involved, really enjoyed taking part. 

Got to admit @1759I’m happy taking a break and investing some time in another save if that’s ok with you? Congrats on your tournament too mate 👍

1 minute ago, smoggy90 said:

Congrats @samhardyand @Foxy👏 look forward to the final. Sam you could carry on and get salah in the 100 club at the rate you’re going! Fantastic!

Got to admit @1759I’m happy taking a break and investing some time in another save if that’s ok with you? Congrats on your tournament too mate 👍

Yeah that’s fine with me as I’m in a similar situation where I’m kind of just waiting for the next update. 

So @Ashez we don’t want a third placed playoff but whatever idea you’ve come up with I’m sure you can use it another time.👍

17 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

12 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Yeah that’s fine with me as I’m in a similar situation where I’m kind of just waiting for the next update. 

So @Ashez we don’t want a third placed playoff but whatever idea you’ve come up with I’m sure you can use it another time.👍

No worries lads, I completely understand the decision. I might be wrong but I don't think anyone has ever taken up that option lol. @samhardy?

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

No worries lads, I completely understand the decision. I might be wrong but I don't think anyone has ever taken up that option lol. @samhardy?

Me and Taff didn’t do one in last years VPL but we had one in the Vibe World Cup last year.

3 hours ago, Foxy said:

Me and Taff didn’t do one in last years VPL but we had one in the Vibe World Cup last year.

Whatever happened to Taff? That guy used to post some brilliant tactics.

8 hours ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Was looking at his MRI career from last year the other day, was incredible what he achieved there. Not sure why he hasn't been around.

Wanted to try something similar myself but that was a monumental feat.

35 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Was looking at his MRI career from last year the other day, was incredible what he achieved there. Not sure why he hasn't been around.

Wanted to try something similar myself but that was a monumental feat.

8 hours ago, LenTheWelsh said:

He feel out of love with the game after MRI and just drifted away from Vibe.

Shame as he was a good lad and always brought a lot of fun to these types of events.

Pleased to make the final again. Whenever GD is used in the points as one of the main targets I always fancy my chances and I knew instantly that's what I was going to be targeting.

I completely sacrificed the clean sheets, didn't go for them at all as for me for 1 point it wasn't worth it. Much rather focus on the league points and goal difference.

Unlucky to both @smoggy90 and @1759 you did great reaching the playoffs and I'm glad to hear you both enjoyed it so much.

@Foxy in the final then. Just have to turn up and I've won haven't I 😂

4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Just have to turn up and I've won haven't 😂

I hear that due to the issues with FMM post update the final will be played on Prodarts 2018 so you haven’t got a chance!