Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2019 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Uploading to Sam as we speak.....for the lack of a better phrase. I did F@#$ing shit!!! I hate this game!

98814620_tenor(3).gif.e6af16d6a089aca15b529629c866c655.gif

Week 6 - Results

The penultimate week of this year’s VPL is now over with and surely something had to give with how tight the table was. Many of the participants felt this was the toughest challenge to date which confirms its place in next year’s competition as well but let’s see who struggled the least this week as the race for the playoffs is hurtling towards its conclusion.

It’s a good challenge for me as well, since all the 15 year olds were as bad as each other it doesn’t require a lot of detail when writing up the match reports :P

Mr Tree v Nucleus

Spoiler

Mr Tree had a tough ask in his first ever competitive challenge on vibe against Nuke who was looking to consolidate his playoff place after a recent run of poor form.

It was the Welshman who was first to submit for the 5th challenge out of 6 and he led Chievo to 13th position after 19 games, which doesn’t sound too good but under the circumstances it was more than respectable. He accumulated 25 league points and managed to keep the GD in the positives as well, even if it was only +1 a plus is a plus and a lot of people would, and did fail to manage that throughout this challenge. 26 may seem a small number to be a good score but 4 of the participants would have been happy with that score this week.

Mr Tree however struggled in his first challenge. He couldn’t match his opponent at all and by the challenge conclusion he was rooted to the bottom of the table, 6 points adrift with iust 9 points to show for his efforts. He took a few hammerings along the way resulting in an absolutely horrific GD of -27 in what was a real baptism of fire for who I am christening as Vibe’s version of the “Green Machine”. Thankfully he will have another chance to put this score of -18 right next week when we’ll see a battle between a Tree and someone who cuts them down for a living.

An easy win for Nuke without really troubling the higher gears and that victory now means it’s very likely, although still not certain that we’ll be seeing Stereophonics’ biggest fan in the playoffs in a couple of weeks.

Result - Mr Tree 0-2 Nucleus

smoggy90 v Woody

Spoiler

I’m not sure whether many people would have been surprised to see Smoggy in the top 4 come the end of the season but I doubt many would have predicted he’d be top of the pile and sitting pretty with just two weeks left. It’s been a fantastic campaign for him and he took on the ever inconsistent and occasionally brilliant Woody this week knowing a win would secure his playoff birth.

However, this turned into an extremely scrappy affair with neither manager managing to produce anything more than their C games. Smoggy wasn’t hopeful this week and you can see why as he sat in 15th place with just 17 points at the end of the challenge. This coupled with a negative GD of 8 meant he finished on a disappointing 9 and for the second week running Woody had the door opened in front of him but could he walk through it this week.

The answer is no! Woody produced another below-par performance this week and is slowly starting to slide away after a promising start to the campaign. It was all looking good with the 18 league points accumulated but this was all cancelled out, literally by a GD of -18 to give him a nice round score of 0! As it turned out neither manager was really close to winning this one as they would have had to have beaten Nuke’s score of 23, but also neither were really close to losing either. Draw written all over it looking at the scores.

Given the respective performances I think both of these will be delighted to take a point from this fixture and move on. The point keeps Woody’s slim playoff hopes alive whereas that’s two consecutive draws Smoggy has picked up, but two crucial points that have turned out to be equally as important as any of his wins this campaign. It was this result that secured his playoff place, and although it’s still not mathematically certain you can believe me when I say we will definitely be seeing Smoggy in the playoffs.

Result - smoggy90 1-1 Woody

1759 v Foxy

Spoiler

Now onto what turned out to be the match of the week. Foxy had recovered from a slow start to look solid in the top 4 before this whereas Ian was in absolutely fantastic form coming into it, the only person to win 3 consecutive games so far in this competition and in the top 4 for the first time. Everything promised a fantastic game here and that’s what we got.

The Gloucetershire Gladiator really flexed his muscles this week with a fantastic performance and led the Italian minnows to 6th position in the league after 19 games. This included 10 wins on his way to a lovely 32 league points and another healthy dose of points came from his GD of +11. A total of 43 and Foxy is really saving his best stuff for the business end of the competition here. A score to really put his opponent under pressure but the question is could Ian respond and keep up his run of great form?

He absolutely could and another execellent performance from the form man of the competition saw a strong display. Ian finished just 3 points and 3 places below Foxy this week, which is a fantastic effort in comparison to some of this week’s other performances. In the end this one all case down to goal difference! We know that Foxy finished on 43, now Ian was on 29 from his league points meaning a GD of 15 would take the bonus point but also the way the scores went he would need a GD of 11 to secure a draw... And sadly for him he could only muster up a GD of 4 to finish on a score of 33. 

A very harsh defeat for Ian as you feel that his performance more than merited at least a draw but that’s the way the VPL goes. He drops out of the top 4 but still remains in with a chance in the last week, Foxy meanwhile took the maximum 4 points as he got the highest score of the week as well and this officially means that the “Double G” is the first person to officially and mathematically qualify for the playoffs. Not only that but he leapfrogs Smoggy to top the pile as well.

Result - 1759 2-3 Foxy

DutchTony v samhardy

Spoiler

Tony against me to round things off and after yet another sacking last week Tony was looking for anything this week to shout about. He may not be able to qualify for the playoffs but pride is enough to play for whereas I really needed a win this week to boost my chances of a playoff place.

Thankfully I managed to have a good run at things this week. I started really strongly but dipped towards the end of the 19 games however it was still enough for me to finish in the top 10, 8th position to be precise with 30 league points. The one blip to my early season form was a 4-0 defeat to Napoli and although that was a blow I still managed to recover to record a GD of 9 and give me a final total of 39 which I had hoped would be the top score this week but it was bettered by Foxy.

Now I think everyone wants to see Tony have a good challenge here but unfortunately FMM doesn’t work that way as it twisted the knife to send Tony plunging to another minus score in this record breaking season. Like Mr Tree he was rooted to the bottom of the table come the challenge conclusion a whopping 11 points from safety. He only managed to secure 7 points in the league but thankfully avoided losing a point as his GD of -17 wasn’t enough to undertake the Green Machine finishing on -10.

That win for me puts me in the playoff places for the first time this season and I think everyone ought to get behind Tony for the final week to ensure he has a good end to this nightmare competition!

Result - DutchTony 0-3 samhardy

Full scorelist for week 6 below. No-one loses a point due to Mr Tree having the lowest score and Foxy picks up the bonus point.

Spoiler

Foxy - 43
samhardy - 39
1759 - 33
Nucleus - 26
smoggy90 - 9
Woody - 0
DutchTony - -10
Mr Tree - -18

And here's the penultimate league table. @Foxy has officially qualified no matter what happens in the last week. @smoggy90 is definitely there too barring some insane occurrences next week whilst @Nucleus looks set to make it too. I move into the top 4 with @1759 and @Woody close behind; any one of us three could still claim a place in the playoffs. @DutchTony stays 7th and will finish there.

I'll attempt to do a post with all the permutations for the playoff hunt later tonight but in the meantime you lot can work it out for yourselves :P

Final challenge of the league season will be posted tomorrow.

League table Wk6.png

Well done @Foxy, a truly titanic performance.👍 I enjoyed this one as I could more or less play my preferred system but it’s a good job it wasn’t a full season challenge as my form had gone by the end and think I was about to go on a horrible run tbh.

What position did everybody leave alone? I left the CM.

32 minutes ago, Woody said:

Hahaa how the feck did i not lose?? Unlucky @smoggy90 lad thatwas an awful matchup 😂

Poor week mate :laugh:

23 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Well done @Foxy, a truly titanic performance.👍 I enjoyed this one as I could more or less play my preferred system but it’s a good job it wasn’t a full season challenge as my form had gone by the end and think I was about to go on a horrible run tbh.

What position did everybody leave alone? I left the CM.

Same mate, although in hindsight i thought i should've left the striker as i just couldn't score enough goals.

Some really good performances this week. I kept the striker as I play a lone striker formation, at least the CM and CB had a partner to compensate for their lack of ability. Unlucky there @Mr Tree, a brutal introduction to competitive Vibe tournaments!

37 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Poor week mate :laugh:

Same mate, although in hindsight i thought i should've left the striker as i just couldn't score enough goals.

Yeah I was thinking the same as I found scoring difficult at times but I think losing a midfielder would’ve messed my system up totally tbh.

30 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Some really good performances this week. I kept the striker as I play a lone striker formation, at least the CM and CB had a partner to compensate for their lack of ability. Unlucky there @Mr Tree, a brutal introduction to competitive Vibe tournaments!

I just went with something similar to what I used in the goalkeeper challenge except I had one of the wing backs inverted. Couldn’t score enough but kept the scores close and got some good results until near the end. Ironically this and the GK challenge have turned out to be my two best performances by far and most seemed to hate the two challenges.😀

Permutations

Right then here we go... 🙈

Firstly here's the fixtures for the final week.

Fixtures wk7.png

@Foxy - Has qualified.

@smoggy90 - Has qualified trust me on that one. The only way he wouldn't qualify would be if all of the following happened...

• He has the lowest score of the week
  • He loses to Tony
  • I beat Woody
  • Ian beats Nuke
  • Ian has the highest score of the week

@Nucleus - Very similar to Smoggy. All of the following would have to happen for him not to qualify.

• He loses to Ian whilst having the lowest score of the week or Ian having the highest score of the week
  • I beat Woody

@samhardy - Qualifies with a win over Woody. A draw would be enough providing Ian doesn't get the highest score and beat Nuke.

Would fail to qualify if I lose to Woody.

@1759 - Needs to beat Nuke to have any chance. A win would see him qualify if Woody beats me without the bonus point or if the match ends in a draw.

Would fail to qualify if I beat Woody providing the Smoggy madness doesn't happen or if he fails to beat Nuke.

@Woody - Qualifies with a win over me and if Ian fails to beat Nuke but needs to win to have any chance.

Even a non-bonus point win wouldn't be enough if Ian beats Nuke due to H2H record.

The only way to guarantee his place in the playoffs would be to beat me with the bonus point as well.

@DutchTony - Can not qualify.

Remember that if points are level it goes:

1. To H2H record against each other
  2. If the match was a draw, then the overall points from all the challenges combined have been totalled up.
14 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Permutations

Right then here we go... 🙈

Firstly here's the fixtures for the final week.

Fixtures wk7.png

@Foxy - Has qualified.

@smoggy90 - Has qualified trust me on that one. The only way he wouldn't qualify would be if all of the following happened...

• He has the lowest score of the week
  • He loses to Tony
  • I beat Woody
  • Ian beats Nuke
  • Ian has the highest score of the week

@Nucleus - Very similar to Smoggy. All of the following would have to happen for him not to qualify.

• He loses to Ian whilst having the lowest score of the week or Ian having the highest score of the week
  • I beat Woody

@samhardy - Qualifies with a win over Woody. A draw would be enough providing Ian doesn't get the highest score and beat Nuke.

Would fail to qualify if I lose to Woody.

@1759 - Needs to beat Nuke to have any chance. A win would see him qualify if Woody beats me without the bonus point or if the match ends in a draw.

Would fail to qualify if I beat Woody providing the Smoggy madness doesn't happen or if he fails to beat Nuke.

@Woody - Qualifies with a win over me and if Ian fails to beat Nuke but needs to win to have any chance.

Even a non-bonus point win wouldn't be enough if Ian beats Nuke due to H2H record.

The only way to guarantee his place in the playoffs would be to beat me with the bonus point as well.

@DutchTony - Can not qualify.

Remember that if points are level it goes:

1. To H2H record against each other
  2. If the match was a draw, then the overall points from all the challenges combined have been totalled up.

So what your saying is i've got to pull a worldy out my arse? Yup no chance on this shitty update.

But i will give it me best shot seeing as its Mackems v Geordies 😉

That must’ve took some working out.😂👍

It’s looking highly likely that the current top four will remain in place next week. I’m still proud of my performance and can hold my head up high.😁

I want to thank all of my fans and I hope to go out with a respectable performance next week.😀

19 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

You win some you lose some - except I lose them all....

You'll be stronger for it dude 😉

10 minutes ago, Woody said:

You'll be stronger for it dude 😉

I wont but thanks anyway 😛

After the final challenge i wont play this years game again. Got a save going on 17 and 18 so will stick with them games till next year. This year has been a joke since the update. Enough of that anyway...

30 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

I wont but thanks anyway 😛

After the final challenge i wont play this years game again. Got a save going on 17 and 18 so will stick with them games till next year. This year has been a joke since the update. Enough of that anyway...

Dont get me started....i have been told a new hotfix is in the offing but not sure when.

Week 7 - Challenge

The Final Countdown

So we've made it to the final week and excitingly for the sake of the competition everyone still has something to play for, except Tony of course, whether it's fighting for the top position in the league, or scrapping to make the playoffs. Now this challenge may look daunting and complicated at first but it's only complicated if you don't read everything carefully ;) A perfect way to round off the league season.

248px-Hyundai_A-League_logo_(2017%25E2%2

Yes we're heading down under for the final leg of the VPL season and this is the most tactical challenge so far in which your choices at the start might be make or break before things even get going.

The Challenge

As a reward for dealing with all the restrictions and challenges so far you'll be pleased to know that there's no restrictions at all for this challenge, apart from the fact that no transfers in are allowed. That is it, you can keep the squad you start with, don't have to play any 15 year olds, sign any Chinese players or sell your stars!

Then you will play the A league season. League Points and GD will be the points, but it's the bonus points that will play the main part of this challenge.

I have picked 3 players from each A-League club, these will be your 3 "bonus players" depending on which club you use. During the course of the season you will get 1 point for a goal from a striker, 2 points for an assist from a midfielder and 3 points for a clean sheet from a defender.

Now this is where the big choice comes in, the positions for each club are different, and you'll have to choose whether to focus on your defence, midfield, attack, or even all 3 if you want. These bonus points will be added to your total. You can't sign backups for the three players though, if they're injured, then tough luck you'll just have to do without them.

The bonus points are only available in the 27 regular league season games, not in the playoffs. You don't need to play the playoffs in this challenge.

Points System (27 league games)

League Points + Goal Difference

Bonus Points (1pt per striker goal, 2pts per midfielder assist, 3pts per defender clean sheet)

Bonus Players

Spoiler

These are the bonus players that you will be using once you've chosen your club/in order to help you choose it.

Adelaide - Michael Jakobsen (D), Ben Halloran (M), Baba (S)

Brisbane - Jack Hingert (D), Stefan Nigro (D), Adam Taggart (S)

Central Coast - Jacob Melling (M), Connor Pain (M), Ross McCormack (S)

Melbourne City - Ritchie De Laet (D), Bart Schenkeveld (D), Luke Gallo (M)

Melbourne Victory - Thomas Deng (D), Kosta Barbarouses (M), Ola Toivonen (M)

Newcastle Jets - Pat Langlois (D), Kaine Sheppard (S), Roy O'Donovan (S)

Perth - Chris Oikonomidis (M), Jamal Reiners (S), Andy Keogh (S)

Sydney - Alex Wilkinson (D), Rhyan Grant (D), Michael Zullo (D)

Wellington - Mandi (M), Max Burgess (M), Nathan Burns (M)

Western Sydney - Brendan Hamill (D), Alexander Baumjohann (M), Oriol Riera (S)

Clarifications

• The bonus players must be played in position, but can be played in another area of their position. For example, a central defender can play at left back, but not in midfield.
  • You can't sign any backups for your bonus players. If they get injured, tough luck.
  • Important - Load the November database when booting up the save.
  • No transfers in, but you can sell players.
  • No cup games or the playoffs count towards points, just the 27 regular season games.
  • Any queries just ask me.
  • No coaching badges

Only 27 games so I think 5 days is a reasonable deadline, it's shorter because with it being the final week everything will have to be sorted out for the playoffs which are due to start a week on Monday.

Deadline - Wednesday, 27th March 11:59PM GMT

Rules And Screenshots Required

Spoiler
  • Enhanced match engine only
  • Own tactics only
  • No coaching badges
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software
  • SI approved databases only
  • No holidaying or reloading
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required
  • Failure to meet the deadline will equal 0 points - no extensions
  • If you fall under any suspicion you will be asked to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do so will result in immediate ejection from the competition.
  • Tiebreaker is league points
  • And the most important rule - have fun :)

Screenshots Required

• League table
  • Manager profile
  • Tactic
  • Squad list in order of appearances
  • Transfers page
  • Full fixture list
  • Stats of your three bonus players
  • Screenshots showing any games your bonus player didn't play in.

53 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Nice challenge this.

It looks so simple but there are lots of different ways to go with it especially with how the game like to screw you over at times 🤔

Exactly. Sydney very tempting until those last minute AI goals start raining in 😂

6 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Exactly. Sydney very tempting until those last minute AI goals start raining in 😂

I can confirm I am going that way.😀

I’m playing through all the friendlies and cup games before the season starts and can confirm that I officially think the hot fix is utter shite. Proper rotation required right from the off and it seems worse than other saves. Hopefully there’ll be enough gaps between the league games.

7 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I can confirm I am going that way.😀

I’m playing through all the friendlies and cup games before the season starts and can confirm that I officially think the hot fix is utter shite. Proper rotation required right from the off and it seems worse than other saves. Hopefully there’ll be enough gaps between the league games.

I’ve gone Sydney too 😛 

Just now, Nucleus said:

I’ve finished. 😛

Well you’ve got nothing to worry about with me as I have a feeling this is not going to go to plan. 😂Just about to play first league game.

Just now, 1759 said:

Well you’ve got nothing to worry about with me as I have a feeling this is not going to go to plan. 😂Just about to play first league game.

Just to let you know, no pressure or anything, but I smashed it 😛