Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Winter Update

33 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Gameplay > Realism 

Balance is best however.

If we wanted gameplay only we would be playing fifa :)

Edited by RPA123456
42 minutes ago, Guppy McFicklestein said:

The new fitness makes the game near unplayable, especially in lower leagues when I'm playing almost 2 games a week. Hope SI changes this

Even my world class Queen's Park team has to be rotated every other game and most of them have all green physicals!(thanks to 5 fitness coaches, including me.) 

Can I just check: why do they "have to" be rotated? Are you scared of / used to playing guys with higher fitness? Or are you seeing performance drop-off and more injuries?

It's hard for me to say so far - the timing's good as in I now have an awesome squad so I'm very comfortable to constantly rotate it and have fit players in (in fact I like to see the young'uns get a go!). But I'm just wondering where the issue really is...

1 minute ago, Mr Tree said:

Can I just check: why do they "have to" be rotated? Are you scared of / used to playing guys with higher fitness? Or are you seeing performance drop-off and more injuries?

It's hard for me to say so far - the timing's good as in I now have an awesome squad so I'm very comfortable to constantly rotate it and have fit players in (in fact I like to see the young'uns get a go!). But I'm just wondering where the issue really is...

For two reasons mainly, although I'm not 100% sure if these are true. 

1. Is that I believe players with lower condition play worse.(due to being tired I suppose?) 

2. Is that I believe players with lower condition are more prone to injuries. 

But that is just what I believe, so I'm not 100% if it is something that is coded into the game or not. 

Both make sense, but yeah, maybe it's worth the risk of pushing the guys harder too - maybe the performance drop-off isn't that significant (or at least still better than the replacement player).

A bit more management is involved. Shock horror they've ****ed it all up!

I am playing with rotation all the time .. but that update is some kind of a joke .... The players are tired after every game ... Is that we pay for ? Start in PL with Man Utd and when the season starts is hard to make two games in a row even with different start eleven .. disgrace !

Edited by FrAn4eSc0
42 minutes ago, FrAn4eSc0 said:

I am playing with rotation all the time .. but that update is some kind of a joke .... The players are tired after every game ... Is that we pay for ? Start in PL with Man Utd and when the season starts is hard to make two games in a row even with different start eleven .. disgrace !

"Disgrace"? Paying big money? C'mon guys, enough hysteria. They are a bit tired, not dead. Have you tried playing them? Maybe another part of the tweak is that 90% is not a huge drop-off from 100%...

What we're complaining about here is that it's different and we're not used to it. Not that it is itself a massive problem. Jeez.

5 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

"Disgrace"? Paying big money? C'mon guys, enough hysteria. They are a bit tired, not dead. Have you tried playing them? Maybe another part of the tweak is that 90% is not a huge drop-off from 100%...

What we're complaining about here is that it's different and we're not used to it. Not that it is itself a massive problem. Jeez.

Hmm its definitely not too bad, but it's not good either. 

My first choice striker barely managed 35 games this season(on the new update) which is about 10 games less that the last season despite being injured less this season. I don't know about you, but that is a significant change this update has brought about... 

56 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

Hmm its definitely not too bad, but it's not good either. 

My first choice striker barely managed 35 games this season(on the new update) which is about 10 games less that the last season despite being injured less this season. I don't know about you, but that is a significant change this update has brought about... 

But that's because you're choosing not to play him at 90% right? Because you're used to not playing them at 90%. But maybe it's not so bad for him to play at 90% 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Mr Tree said:

But that's because you're choosing not to play him at 90% right? Because you're used to not playing them at 90%. But maybe it's not so bad for him to play at 90% 🤷‍♂️

Hmm perhaps, but it is early days yet and it is hard to tell what is what.

Honestly I feel SI should just release a goddamn changelist and be done with it. Then we can agree/disagree on what was a good change and what was not. 

Also to answer your question, before the update I used to rotate out anyone not at 100%. After the update I dropped the criteria to 95%, then I dropped it again to 90% and since that I've been playing worse and getting more injuries. (Just what I feel like, might just be a run of bad luck.)

So honestly, I still feel that playing players who are at under 90% condition is a big NO and that you are definitely risking playing worse and racking up more injuries. 

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

It’s so bad that I’m not going to play the game again 😛

Yep me too, I'll be putting my careers on hold until SI sorts this shit out. 

34 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

But that would make it a pointless change surely? 

A 100% fit player has more chance of playing well compared to a 90% fit player so if they have dropped the criteria of condition to performance what is the point in the condition stat?

Pre update a player would start the season fit and with plenty of energy and then as the season went on players that played more games would start to recover slower and might need to miss games. To me this was a good balance between realism and making the game entertaining to play.

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

A 100% fit player has more chance of playing well compared to a 90% fit player so if they have dropped the criteria of condition to performance what is the point in the condition stat?

Pre update a player would start the season fit and with plenty of energy and then as the season went on players that played more games would start to recover slower and might need to miss games. To me this was a good balance between realism and making the game entertaining to play.

Yes Foxy!! Yes!! Yes!!

9899E5DF-D61A-4B59-B0C5-329FF301A664.gif.cff9ffd20b9f5690d455a609f35bcbb0.gif

35 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Maybe the change isn't proportional though, making it non-pointless :)

Yes, it does look like they might have over-tweaked it, but the guy above saying he's playing worse since just posted a season where he won every top-flight league game (never happened) with a team that is currently small in real life. So maybe there was scope to rein it in a little bit, and the "outrage" seems to be that the incredible is no longer achievable. Um... Yeah 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Maybe the change isn't proportional though, making it non-pointless :)

Yes, it does look like they might have over-tweaked it, but the guy above saying he's playing worse since just posted a season where he won every top-flight league game (never happened) with a team that is currently small in real life. So maybe there was scope to rein it in a little bit, and the "outrage" seems to be that the incredible is no longer achievable. Um... Yeah 🤷‍♂️

Well TBF the game can get unrealistic at times, but that is part of the fun, no? 

Everyone loves those crazy stories where an amateur club that was playing in 4th division suddenly rises up to become Champion's League winners. 

Would it be fun if every career was a boring slow grind where we have to go through 2/3 generations of players to finally win the CL 20+ seasons in? I mean that would be realistic, but it would be boring as hell. 

I got the update last night in the end just out of curiosity. I’ve probably been playing FMM too much recently anyway so figured if it’s shit it’ll be an excuse to dial back my game time. Just played a few friendlies with Liverpool and noticed players condition dropping down to the 60’s and this is pre season with fit players and even the keeper. Going to play a bit more today but I’m thinking lower league careers with poor players will be abysmal.

8 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Maybe the change isn't proportional though, making it non-pointless :) So maybe there was scope to rein it in a little bit, and the "outrage" seems to be that the incredible is no longer achievable. Um... Yeah 🤷‍♂️

What will be interesting is when the inevitable “hot fix” comes out in the next few days and how the game plays then as I expect that will be the final update this year (if it follows previous years) and then  we can all sit in judgement of the game st that stage.

The problem for the devs is always the fact that a single change to the game will please half the players and enrage the other half so I honestly don’t envy them at times like this.

Just now, Foxy said:

What will be interesting is when the inevitable “hot fix” comes out in the next few days and how the game plays then as I expect that will be the final update this year (if it follows previous years) and then  we can all sit in judgement of the game st that stage.

The problem for the devs is always the fact that a single change to the game will please half the players and enrage the other half so I honestly don’t envy them at times like this.

Better communication from the devs would go a long way, but I'll have to agree with you on this one. It is pretty much impossible to please everyone. 

52 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

Well TBF the game can get unrealistic at times, but that is part of the fun, no? 

Everyone loves those crazy stories where an amateur club that was playing in 4th division suddenly rises up to become Champion's League winners. 

Would it be fun if every career was a boring slow grind where we have to go through 2/3 generations of players to finally win the CL 20+ seasons in? I mean that would be realistic, but it would be boring as hell.

No sure, it's not a simulation and I'd prefer it to stay more arcadey. I'm just saying, they might have leaned a little too far in that regard previously, so now correcting it a bit... But it's a tough balance and they might have gone too far.

5 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

But I'm just wondering where the issue really is...

Go and start a new save with a non-league team with a small squad and then come back and talk about the fitness issues.

4 minutes ago, Jack said:

Go and start a new save with a non-league team with a small squad and then come back and talk about the fitness issues.

I get it. But you're just saying you can't use players at 100% all the time, right? And you're not used to it, so worried they'll under-perform or get injured. But do they? Maybe you don't HAVE to change your whole team every time. Maybe it'll all work out. Maybe it's just a bit harder. 

As mentioned (and you allude to), I'm in the middle of something right now, my squad is awesome and can bear it. But my next save will start in non-league, all good 👍

Noticed some players got adjustments to their PA. For example Lindelof and callum wilson now have 4.5 stars up from 4.

Edited by hakuren7
Rephrasing
56 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

I get it. But you're just saying you can't use players at 100% all the time, right? And you're not used to it, so worried they'll under-perform or get injured. But do they? Maybe you don't HAVE to change your whole team every time. Maybe it'll all work out. Maybe it's just a bit harder. 

As mentioned (and you allude to), I'm in the middle of something right now, my squad is awesome and can bear it. But my next save will start in non-league, all good 👍

Anything over 90% is generally fine. However you’re fortunate to get that with a small squad in non-league. I implore you to go and experience it for yourself before assuming that everyone complaining about these issues is exaggerating. This issue is real and is incredibly damaging to the game.

14 minutes ago, Jack said:

Anything over 90% is generally fine. However you’re fortunate to get that with a small squad in non-league. I implore you to go and experience it for yourself before assuming that everyone complaining about these issues is exaggerating. This issue is real and is incredibly damaging to the game.

Implore away, I'm very clear about the position I'm taking and the timeline I'm on. Just seems there's a difference between having to deal with something that you haven't had to deal with before, and that making the game "unplayable" or a disgrace etc etc.

Right im throwing my weight into this.

The fitness scenario is shocking...i have discussed this with Foxy and Rob.

On a save i have been playing for some time which i have been using for testing, my players are dropping to around 50-60% by around the 60min mark and the squad just falls apart and we get destroyed! This is not realistic!

Played a game recently i had 17 shots by half time and i think it was 9 on target they had 7 shots 6 on target and i was 8-1 down at half time game finished 9-4! I am sincerely not that shit at this game!!

It has happened more than a few times too. 

The AI seems to have no problem though. The fitness issue is over the top and DOES need correcting its taken the playability of the game away. Poor update. 😠

9 minutes ago, Woody said:

Right im throwing my weight into this.

The fitness scenario is shocking...i have discussed this with Foxy and Rob.

On a save i have been playing for some time which i have been using for testing, my players are dropping to around 50-60% by around the 60min mark and the squad just falls apart and we get destroyed! This is not realistic!

Played a game recently i had 17 shots by half time and i think it was 9 on target they had 7 shots 6 on target and i was 8-1 down at half time game finished 9-4! I am sincerely not that shit at this game!!

It has happened more than a few times too. 

The AI seems to have no problem though. The fitness issue is over the top and DOES need correcting its taken the playability of the game away. Poor update. 😠

Hope that 9-4 was in the VPL 😛