Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

On 27/03/2020 at 03:02, Pista said:

Why does my scout only rate Martin Odegaard as merely "useful"?! He has gold badge and natural aptitude. Should I sack him?!

Screenshot_20200326-184741.jpg

Screenshot_20200326-184738.jpg

Screenshot_20200326-184752.jpg

No point sacking your scout, they are all pretty inaccurate. His replacement wouldn't be any better. You sort of have to read what they say and then make your own judgement based on that and other signals you can see and on your own experience. I guess that's a bit like real life...

As for Odegaard, I almost never sign him. I've seen him develop quite nicely in some saves, but be pretty mediocre in others. At 24 in the screenshot, maybe he's not going to get much better than that? We obviously can't see the rest of your squad, but maybe he's not going to be a lot better than what you already have? Hard to tell. Might be worth the risk, but his salary is going to be pretty high and there could be better options out there. The 6.66 rating isn't very high, but maybe that's from a handful of games off the bench.

At the end of the day however, you need to make your own mind up and the scout is just one input (and one that's often inaccurate)

I haven’t even bothered having any scouts at TNS simply because I came to the realisation that I hardly ever use them in previous saves. It’s risky I guess as it means you don’t know a players hidden attributes till you sign them but they can be worked around or the player can just be sold if it doesn’t work out.

A32996E0-4946-4083-AD65-504F9046B4D6.thumb.png.68e4434bcc73ff8d9845d8160aee9c25.png

What I also found useful is just buying the youngest transfer listed players that are interested. Usually they turn out okay, but if not you can always ditch them. Sometimes I scout them if I'm not sure, but it's not accurate enough.

Actually I do use the scouts to see if they report a difference between the player's current ability and their potential ability. I feel like they do a better job at judging the difference than the actually ability levels.

For example, if they report a player has 4 stars for both current and potential ability, I'll assume the player won't get any better. Take them as they are, but don't expect much more. But if there is a difference, even if the values are lower (eg 1 star current, 3 stars potential), I know they will develop a reasonable amount - so if they have a good base, I'll buy them. 

That is actually quite useful yes, I tended to buy those since the competition I play in isn't that great so I can use them anyway.

There are instances where scouts can be useful. For instance, I needed a GK and found this Venezuelan guy Wuilker Farinez, 22-23 years old. His important skills were all pretty mediocre, around 12-13, with the exception of reflexes at 17. I didn't think he was too great but my scouts kept recommending him and rating him at four stars. I kept an eye on him for another season, his skills remained the same. In the end, still in need of a decent GK and with my scouts continuing to rate him so highly, I bought him. Played him for a full season and, to my disappointment, his stats didn't improve at all, not one frickin point. Nothing. After another half season in which he became my reserve GK and played only one or two games I decided to sell him. So he was sold but remained in my team as we were between transfer periods. After a couple of weeks I get a message from my assistant manager telling me that this guy deserves to play more, especially after his amazing progress and training and stuff. Imagine my surprise when, after checking him out, I see that all those skills at 12-13 were now 14-15. And I assume that had I actually continued playing him that season he would have developed even better. Basically, his stats completely stagnated for one and a half seasons only to suddenly improve by 2 points despite not playing in the last 4-5 months. 

TLDR: sometimes scouts see thing we don't, especially when it comes to potential. So, just like in real life I guess, they can be useful. Sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Dagion said:

Yes, good game and nice goal, here is a 5!

Screenshot_2020-03-23-11-54-29-415_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_2020-03-23-11-54-41-319_com.sega.soccer.jpg

did you take him off straight after he scored? i've noticed that sometimes the rating needs the match to move forward a bit before it updates...

40 minutes ago, Dagion said:

Could be, can't remember. Still pretty strange they mention him though? Since Schwartz got the man of the match?

1-0 win, so probably just some sort of default "mention the goalscorer" message... you're right though, it's lame :)

50 minutes ago, Faffie203 said:

I sign piatek for watford. But he dont need work permit? Why? Becauze he has already international caps or some?

He's polish, Poland is in the EU, they don't need a work permit to work in England

Basques should have their own national team in football manager and the reality. Just look at that. 7 of 11 players in Spanish team are Basque. In real world Basque players team would be at least TOP 8 in Europe.

Screenshot_20200401-204329_FM20 Mobile.jpg

13 hours ago, Chris1428 said:

Basques should have their own national team in football manager and the reality. Just look at that. 7 of 11 players in Spanish team are Basque. In real world Basque players team would be at least TOP 8 in Europe.

Screenshot_20200401-204329_FM20 Mobile.jpg

The Basque region does have some great players, the region covers an area of Spain and France. The do play friendly games against other international sides but I can’t not see them being given full international status.

Famous French players include - Bixente Lizarazu (first French player to play for Bilbao) - Griezmann - Laporte - Deschamps.  Did you also Know that Gonzalo Higuain father was Basque

59 minutes ago, macmole said:

The Basque region does have some great players, the region covers an area of Spain and France. The do play friendly games against other international sides but I can’t not see them being given full international status.

Famous French players include - Bixente Lizarazu (first French player to play for Bilbao) - Griezmann - Laporte - Deschamps.  Did you also Know that Gonzalo Higuain father was Basque

Problem is probably the economical side of separation. Historically it's a relative poor region of France and Spain. A little bit like Belgium in my opinion, with the relative poor part of Wallonia vs. Flanders. 

Isn't there a Mexican club with the same policy (as in, only Mexican players)?

Can someone please explain to me how can I stop my younger players from the national team continually being taken to the Under 21 squad, playing there and returning with ruined condition right before the main team's games? This is incredibly annoying and as far as I can tell I have no control over that second team. So what can I do?

12 hours ago, Pista said:

Can someone please explain to me how can I stop my younger players from the national team continually being taken to the Under 21 squad, playing there and returning with ruined condition right before the main team's games? This is incredibly annoying and as far as I can tell I have no control over that second team. So what can I do?

I feel your pain bud. It’s so annoying and like you say, it destroys fitness and sometimes morale. My U21s is made Uk of 35,34,33 year olds it’s a mess. ITN has never wirked properly and SI have chosen to ignore it when raised in the bugs thread. 

Yeah, I figured as much, thanks!

Edit: isn't it strange that the board is worried that I might not command enough respect when my reputation is world class? 

Edited by Pista

That option right there, does it mean that the assistant manager simply offers players for loan or does it mean that he also accepts any incoming offers? I am asking this because I just noticed that one of my most promising youngsters is joining Lazio thanks to a buyout clause in the loan contract. Is my assistant manager a complete dumbass or was it my fault for not noticing that particular clause when the loan offer came in?

Screenshot_20200414-153639~2.jpg

I believe that is just what players are offered out. Anyone 20 or under, in the reserves will be offered for loan. 

If you want to make sure there is no buy out clause, leave the next option unticked, then you have to confirm the offer before it happens. 

The next option is unticked as I assumed it was about offering contracts to players who are on the loan list, not about accepting incoming loan offers. I just realized it isn't at all clear to me how these options really work...

27 minutes ago, Pista said:

The next option is unticked as I assumed it was about offering contracts to players who are on the loan list, not about accepting incoming loan offers. I just realized it isn't at all clear to me how these options really work...

same here - they try to make it clear but it's hard to have a text-based mobile game that doesn't clog up the screen with OTT info....

i tried the option once, it did like @Jsavfcsaid, so i turned it off. 

you must not have noticed the buy-out (they are sneaky bastards trying to get a buy-out in). orrr, i have seen a bug a couple of times where it says that your player is being bought out (no announcement but it's showing on their Contract screen), but then you update for the New Season and it forgets about it.

Well, the thing is that before the next season there is still the winter transfer period, I am in November currently. If it was my fault and I didn't notice the clause then the player is gone. I recalled him in the meantime, not sure why as there is nothing I can do, I was just too pissed off about losing him like this. Maybe I should reload before I recalled him, just in case it is a bug... Fortunately I haven't progressed further after noticing this thing. 

4 hours ago, Pista said:

Well, the thing is that before the next season there is still the winter transfer period, I am in November currently. If it was my fault and I didn't notice the clause then the player is gone. I recalled him in the meantime, not sure why as there is nothing I can do, I was just too pissed off about losing him like this. Maybe I should reload before I recalled him, just in case it is a bug... Fortunately I haven't progressed further after noticing this thing. 

Still might just be a bug. Play through and hopefully, at the worst, you get to cancel the transfer...

17 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Still might just be a bug. Play through and hopefully, at the worst, you get to cancel the transfer...

Yep, it turned out to be a bug. The player is still mine, thankfully! 

2 hours ago, Pista said:

Yep, it turned out to be a bug. The player is still mine, thankfully! 

Yeah it's just happened to me again, young striker thinks he's "looking forward to joining Tottenham". Bit annoying, but at least it doesn't actually happen, that would be much worse!

Gotta love international management... It was mostly the same thing when managing Portugal. Is this some sort of bug or am I just incredibly unlucky? I'm talking about my players' morale. 

Screenshot_20200416-214820.jpg

Screenshot_20200416-214811.jpg