Find results in...

Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

Football Manager Mobile 2020 will be out on November 19th so not long to wait now for the new game. We will find out new features a week or two before the game is released so probably mid to late October but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t start getting hyped now.

This thread is for anything you want to discuss regarding the new game so as examples....

• Who will you manage first?
  • What potential wonderkids are you excited about?
  • What improvements are you hoping for in the game?
  • Will you buy this years game and if not why not?

A few members of Vibe made some suggestions of new features in this article.

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/43796-fm-mobile-2020-potential-new-features/

Don't mind if they don't do much as long as they fix some of the big issues. Of course, history teaches us that this is the opposite of their approach :( But I live in hope.

My bees aren't gonna be quite as good this year, which is a pity, but understandable. They'll still be one of the better teams to start with.

I plan to jump straight in with a "Goal a Mile" career, as the last one was very enjoyable and seemed to be well received too. But I have some ideas for how it can be done differently, so I plan to do a poll here in due course to help me decide :)

I expect there’ll be a host of bugs upon release which should really deter me from buying it straight away but I have no doubt I’ll be there ready for the release to make my purchase. Like @Mr Tree above I’d be happy even if there wasn’t much new stuff added if it were to mean a more stable game. 

If my current 1kc tactic works well on the new game then I might try the Strikers Striker challenge as my first proper save although there’s a slight chance I might still attempt that on this years game if I have the time and motivation after I finish up with Kean.

If I'm going to buy then it will be next year after sampling opinions and reviews of early buyers. I actually dropped a negative review for them on playstore a long time ago and I said I won't be buying the game again. I think I might just stick with that

There is no point lying and saying I won't be getting it as I know I will, the question for me is more when will I get it. 

From now until late November the Switch line up is stacked and I'm already skipping titles I really want so FMM will need to find a slot. If I can make it through the release period I wouldn't be surprised if I don't touch it until next year tbh, at least by then a few issues might be sorted out lol. 

Ive have everything crossed it will be upto scratch, but it wont be.

I will buy it most probably on day of release and then spend days moaning that its bug ridden. 

A game we love and hate in equal measures 😂

Edited by Woody

I’m buying it but I won’t be playing it as much anymore. Idk, it’s just lost it’s magic for me. At the end of the day, I prefer full fat fm but I can’t get that so it’s a compromise playing FMM and I don’t think I’d even get FMM 20 if it wasn’t for vibe.

29 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

I’m buying it but I won’t be playing it as much anymore. Idk, it’s just lost it’s magic for me. At the end of the day, I prefer full fat fm but I can’t get that so it’s a compromise playing FMM and I don’t think I’d even get FMM 20 if it wasn’t for vibe.

I 100% would have walked away from FMM years ago if it wasn't for Vibe, however in the last two years especially I've discovered Vibe isn't even enough to make me actually want to play the game. 

I’ll get it for sure, Like @Ashez, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t going to, but I doubt it’ll be on release this time as like Ash also said, the switch is stacked and I’m in the same boat as him lol. I think they just need to steady the ship this year and bin the unnecessary “features”. That won’t happen though, casuals love the feature drop. They couldn’t even get pre orders right this year iirc 😂

Yeah, I will. I’ll pretend to myself that I’m not going to get it, then get ridiculously excited about it the day before. Then I will download it, hate it immediately, and then it’ll grow on me and I will end up enjoying it despite its obvious flaws. Same every year.

It's amazing to me that I buy this game year after year, even though it doesn't get any better (and worse in some ways).  I looked at the new full-fat version features, which are very underwhelming, but I'm sure a lot of people will "upgrade".

I know that fmm and fm touch are different due to match engines. But maybe for fmm make it so we can see the players rather than the dots. The other thing is I cant seen to find daniel james who currently plays for man United I've searched him by name, nationality, and even looked in the Swansea team but nothing.. 

Although I've loved this years fm mobile, I cant wait to see what they bring out in November. 👍

8 hours ago, Jaymz said:

I know that fmm and fm touch are different due to match engines. But maybe for fmm make it so we can see the players rather than the dots. The other thing is I cant seen to find daniel james who currently plays for man United I've searched him by name, nationality, and even looked in the Swansea team but nothing.. 

Although I've loved this years fm mobile, I cant wait to see what they bring out in November. 👍

I think the reason they don’t go down the 3D route is so that the game can be played on as wide a range of devices as possible. It also might be due to the time and resources it would take to develop a 3D match engine that looks good and isn’t just the same animations over and over again.

Daniel James is in this years game.

820D5EEB-ED0D-4B42-BC00-8D32FCD7F8A2.thumb.png.3c4a3769ef9dfaf009144a24c98095cf.png

As mentioned by @Rob, it has been the same for me. I will buy it, shower hate on it due to bugs and then find a way to play it till the next edition and of course I have my Vibe Triple Crown to think of which I accidentally missed this year

Edited by Kanegan

I’ll be getting it release day and dive straight into a Middlesbrough save to check out anything new. 
From then I’ve got my eye on a TT which includes a young player I hope will be on this years game. 
I’m really looking forward to it, despite its flaws I’m at the stage now where I’m ready for a change from 19. 

I’ll be buying the moment it comes out lol. £8 straight out of the purse 😆 Quite excited actually, the amount of young players we United have will make a great long term save. Hoping for some newer features aswell  

On 26/09/2019 at 23:09, Ian said:

If my current 1kc tactic works well on the new game then I might try the Strikers Striker challenge as my first proper save

That's one of the hardest challenges I've created. Might I suggest something lighter? 🙃

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

That's one of the hardest challenges I've created. Might I suggest something lighter? 🙃

Yeah it is, I think getting to the last couple of rounds would be a great achievement. No harm in giving it a go though depending on what the new game is like of course!

I’m lead to believe that two new teams will be in the MLS league, Cincinnati FC and Inter Miami (David Beckham’s team).

I think they could be too interesting team to manage in FMM20 as they are two new teams, budgets unknown until game gets released and you could make yourself a legend in their early years of being a team. 

Two other teams that will be a good challenge is Bury (Hopefully they are in FMM20) and Bolton.

As everyone probably knows that these two clubs was potentially looking administration and unfortunately, for Bury they have been expelled from the footballing league.

Bolton on the other hand was saved. They started the season with a draw fielding a team with average age of 19 and having 12 points deducted from the clubs before anyone has kicked a ball. Luckily, for Bolton they made a few signings before deadline day. Could take them back to the Premier League? 

So, they idea of not having any money and trying to help the team back to a good place maybe a hard challenge, but an enjoyable one. 

Personally I feel if we got to pick our own friendlies it would be much better. It would make them more interesting and I wouldn't let my assistant play them.

Sorry for my bad English. I feel that hidden reputation attribute does not work properly. AI often buys players at a price that is too high for their latest season's rating. Some players (like Ross Barkley, Arthur Melo) are never used even when I set their CA and PA 200. The national team also calls high reputation players instead of players that have good performance. For example, I let Oxlade-Chamberlain sit on the bench for a whole season but he's still called up to the national team. I think it should be fix in this year version.

Edited by KaitoLee
10 hours ago, LTFC said:

Personally I feel if we got to pick our own friendlies it would be much better. It would make them more interesting and I wouldn't let my assistant play them.

In full fat there is an easy cheat where you set up as many friendlies as possible to get the money.  But it takes a fair amount of time and planning. It would be another thing I have to do on football manager which takes a lot of time but doesn’t add much fun.

7 hours ago, Scouse Mouse said:

In full fat there is an easy cheat where you set up as many friendlies as possible to get the money.  But it takes a fair amount of time and planning. It would be another thing I have to do on football manager which takes a lot of time but doesn’t add much fun.

Yeah, personally I would still ignore them and get onto the main games. Actually, I'd probably just set up no friendlies at all, or maybe just one a week before the first game. To be honest, they just get in my way in the mobile version and letting me pick them won't make any real difference...

I will buy on release day as I have done previously. Then I will moan rotten to @Ashez and @Aaron55 about x y and z and then get frustrated but continue to play none the less. 

I really hope that this year they have covered the bases and not bodged it like they have previously. 

Cant work out what extras will be added this year - leagues etc. Some wanted youth teams added (and playable) but the game surely cant have the depth nor need for that?

What is full fat? I see this a lot but I’ve only began to grasp it lol, is it the PC version? Well, full fat milk is better but in terms of FM games, the semi skinned FMM is better 🙂

6 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

What is full fat? I see this a lot but I’ve only began to grasp it lol, is it the PC version? Well, full fat milk is better but in terms of FM games, the semi skinned FMM is better 🙂

Full fat is the PC version correct, now in terms of milk, semi skimmed would resemble FM Touch, and therefore FMM would resemble the mysterious red topped skimmed milk