Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Yossi Benayoun Challenge

BatiGoal

Back with yet another single-post career thread. This time I've gone for The Yossi Benayoun Hat Trick Challenge. Credit goes to @danovic78

Two reasons I'm going for this challenge. One, no one's done it before so there's an empty leaderboard 😉 Two, I like the challenge. Three, a third reason just came to mind, it's a perfect test for The No Striker Challenge I'm thinking of doing some time in '20.

The objective is simple, all I gotta do is to get my player to score hat-tricks in:

1. The Premier League
  2. The Champions League
  3. The FA Cup

And accomplish this feat as quick, or in as few games, as possible. 

Featured Club

• Manchester United

Featured Player

• Mikel Oyarzábal

Screenshot_20191025-104900.thumb.png.58a66a31372705bf5ed5ac5cdbe647d4.png

It's gotta be a player with NO green in the striker's position. Check. My first choice was Talisca with a shooting attr of 17, but this dude only wanted to leave his Chinese club for exorbitant wages. As a matter of fact, strangely enough Man Utd were adamant to stay under his demands so I was forced to turn to Plan B; Mikel Oyarzábal. What I like about this player is his all-roundedness. No doubt he's quality. 

Club Transfers

Screenshot_20191026-004402.thumb.png.650310f11118a088de85af4ea78e5f29.png

Only three players needed. Our featured player obviously and two quality wingers to provide us with crosses if needed. 

The Formation

• As I mentioned earlier, I'm planning on doing that strikerless challenge at some point and tbh I have very little experience playing a no striker formation. So this challenge was at the same time a test for me to come up with a decent formation, which is easier said than done. Funnily enough, I struggled a bit in the beginning, which explains why his first hat-trick is close to the turn of the year, and he happened to score all three hat-tricks in a different formation. So there's no reason to screenshot any tactics as I've used multiple ones for this ocassion. 

First Hattrick : EPL

Screenshot_20191025-203918.thumb.png.36cb2fb56e04ebc172b611fcdef68982.png

As I said, took way longer than I'd hoped for but it's a start. 29th December, after 20-ish games! 

Second Hattrick : FA Cup

Screenshot_20191025-225504.thumb.png.1adb9c147e599d804ebeda929296ada6.png

Massive result!! Frankly speaking, I have no idea what's gotten into my player. All of a sudden he destroyed the weak opposition with 6!! goals but following games nada. Thought I'd nailed the formation but apparently just a one off. So more tweaks needed until our final hattrick. 

Third Hattrick : Champions League

Screenshot_20191026-004316.thumb.png.5bf043511a018ac370a11b6111f77d97.png

A penalty needed to complete his trio of hattricks as well as this challenge. Let's see how many games were needed for this. 

Player History

Screenshot_20191026-004534.thumb.png.bf1d5a14a951bf6f34c4b926fe4de1c8.png

Three hattricks in three different competitions after thirty games. Not bad per se but this could, and will I expect, be bettered. 

The Manager

Screenshot_20191026-004543.thumb.png.eba06c9b5f2155f8df85ef10e38d172d.png

Here's me and a few numbers that explain what I've been up to. So that's 40 games played, which means Mikel was either unavailable, injured or rested for 10 of them. 

Final Words

• It's definitely been a fun challenge but upon rereading the rules I think I may have shot myself in the foot. It states that we're to use a player with no greens in the striking positions. Initially I read it as 'striker's' but as it's plural I'm afraid that Creator @danovic78 includes the AML/R as well as these could be IFs after all. I know of at least one person here who will truly enjoy this, potentially, fatal error 😂 😂 I was halfway thru this post so I decided to post this career anyways. Regardless whether it is or isn't eligible for the leaderboard. Makes no big difference tbh as I enjoyed the ride and you hopefully the read.

Thanks for the views and see you at the next one 👍 

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

I highly doubt that Danovic meant AML/R in the rules tbh. 

Fantastic effort Bati, well done :) 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Regardless of the technicalities of the legalities that is wonderfully quick, especially in a first season challenge.

Thanks guys, quite enjoying these "mini" challenges atm. 

Did the job in great time. Well done.

I like the player choice too and looking at his attributes kind of reminds me of Firmino as he is decent all across the board, maybe stamina a touch lower then Bobby mind but looks like he’ll be a top top player after a season or two.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Did the job in great time. Well done.

I like the player choice too and looking at his attributes kind of reminds me of Firmino as he is decent all across the board, maybe stamina a touch lower then Bobby mind but looks like he’ll be a top top player after a season or two.

Thanks Ian. Never used him before but yes like you said he's another Firmino type of (FMM) player, and he did show significant overall improvements in those months I managed him. Definitely a player I'll be looking out for next version. 

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

Another brilliant result. I had actually used Oyarzabal as an IF in my DT career this year and he was top quality. 

Thanks Kane, I'm curious to see how well this player develops over a couple seasons. He's got my attention now. 

6 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks Kane, I'm curious to see how well this player develops over a couple seasons. He's got my attention now. 

Well, i actually sold him to Real Madrid after 4 seasons with me for Sporting and the selling price was a whopping 120 mil.

9 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

I will let you off @BatiGoal 😉

Yes, I only meant the striking position (FC)...the AML/R are technically still Midfield positions in my mind.

Never used him in any of those positions, but regardless, I'd have accepted any decision. As a wise man always said: "the challenge starts at the reading". 👍 

Thanks for the add. 

Just caught up. Very fun little challenge. I would have thought it could be doable earlier, but thinking it better a hat trick is no easy task. Not even for Messi. So that is a great result imo!! 

25 minutes ago, S4NCH0 said:

Just caught up. Very fun little challenge. I would have thought it could be doable earlier, but thinking it better a hat trick is no easy task. Not even for Messi. So that is a great result imo!! 

Thanks. It's a fun challenge to do I inbetween longer saves.