Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat "Development has plateaued"

Does anyone have a solution to this? Under the coach report, it says the player "needs to mature if he is to improve further". I tried mentoring the players I have with this status but it doesn't seem to work so far.

It might be that the player won’t ever mature because of one of his hidden attributes.

Plenty of players in real life don’t reach their full potential because they don’t have the right attitude but it will be interesting to see if mentoring can ever help in these situations.

54 minutes ago, Foxy said:

It might be that the player won’t ever mature because of one of his hidden attributes.

Plenty of players in real life don’t reach their full potential because they don’t have the right attitude but it will be interesting to see if mentoring can ever help in these situations.

Yes this is true someone like Lingard, Barco and Vela didn’t reach full potential because of this

2 hours ago, TimVillegazzz said:

Does anyone have a solution to this? Under the coach report, it says the player "needs to mature if he is to improve further". I tried mentoring the players I have with this status but it doesn't seem to work so far.

Try a fine for unprofessional behaviour maybe?

2 hours ago, MikeF said:

Try a fine for unprofessional behaviour maybe?

I'm still waiting for that wonderkid to do something bad! I can't even warn him for poor performance since he's performing so well.

I have noticed that warning/fining players can improve their determination and work rate. Perhaps this two attributes are related to the plateau in development?

How old is he? Sometimes development will plateau for a bit if they improve fast when young and then when a little older it kicks in again with experience. Maybe he just needs a few more years under his belt. 

The same thing has happened to me with Mason Greenwood, really frustrating as I couldn’t ever get him to reach his potential in FM19 no matter how many saves I did or what I did with training etc. Hope the same thing doesn’t happen this year and there is a solution for this.

31 minutes ago, Crashhart said:

It’s happened for me Mason Greenwood went down from 5 star potential to 4, I’ve tried mentoring him and fined him, just nothing works

Sometimes even that PA jumps up and down especially very early and very late in their careers. Other things that may have caused the drop:

• Change of staff/ ass. man. 
  • Period of missed games/injury
  • A run of poor performances
  • Stronger competition for places

I wouldn't worry a great deal about it. Just keep playing him regularly and he'll be OK. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Sometimes even that PA jumps up and down especially very early and very late in their careers. Other things that may have caused the drop:

• Change of staff/ ass. man. 
  • Period of missed games/injury
  • A run of poor performances
  • Stronger competition for places

I wouldn't worry a great deal about it. Just keep playing him regularly and he'll be OK. 

I hope so, main thing I was looking forward to was having mason destroy the premier league for 15 seasons straight, he still picked up 20 goals in cup comps so can’t complain too much

E64E62DD-E115-4956-8AFE-25292B18354A.png

839E05E7-8E64-4701-B7E8-09EC9FB2B2EF.png

C0E5C00C-9BB3-45F2-A1F0-6C9E571CF128.png

I spoke to Marc Vaughn last night (sorry don't know how to tag) he said that the player plateaued has been put in the game to limit player development so you don't get loads of over powered teenagers and tbey will develop when there get older. Im getting the same problem with Greenwood that he is not developing at all and i have younger players than him that are which i think is a bug but not 100%

5 minutes ago, Gs123 said:

I spoke to Marc Vaughn last night (sorry don't know how to tag) he said that the player plateaued has been put in the game to limit player development so you don't get loads of over powered teenagers and tbey will develop when there get older. Im getting the same problem with Greenwood that he is not developing at all and i have younger players than him that are which i think is a bug but not 100%

doesn't sound like a bug if that's the intention per the developers?

fair enough if they have done this because it had gone too far, but god damn - i loved bringing through these shit-hot youngsters! have to recalibrate.

I think that a player should develop a bit then plateaued im getting players plateaued before developing at all which i think is a bug. It just needs some fine turning 

1 hour ago, Crashhart said:

C0E5C00C-9BB3-45F2-A1F0-6C9E571CF128.png

Screenshot_20191120-224152.thumb.png.9af3e30704659422d7f968f2ba30b6dd.png

This is him in my save also after 1 season. I threw him into the Reserves for the entire season and he performed very well in there. 

Different saves different numbers etc but he'll get there. 

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Screenshot_20191120-224152.thumb.png.9af3e30704659422d7f968f2ba30b6dd.png

This is him in my save also after 1 season. I threw him into the Reserves for the entire season and he performed very well in there. 

Different saves different numbers etc but he'll get there. 

Maybe keep them in the reserves till there 19/20 may be the way forward, guess I’ve got to adapt from fmm19 a bit more 

6 hours ago, MikeF said:

Makes sense to slow development. You could have a player at max potential by 20 before which is unrealistic. 

There is, Ronaldo Nazario scoring 45+ at the age of 19 while playing for FC Barcelona

5 hours ago, Crashhart said:

Maybe keep them in the reserves till there 19/20 may be the way forward, guess I’ve got to adapt from fmm19 a bit more 

If he isn't your main striker for a challenge then that's what I would do with all youngsters, yes. 

In my Everton save I couldn't really give Moise Kean much game time. Eventually the coach told me he plateud so I decided to loan him. Anyway he did good for half a season away and he improved. The plateu thingy in the coach report is gone as well. 

On 19/11/2019 at 16:41, broodje kip said:

Yes this is true someone like Lingard, Barco and Vela didn’t reach full potential because of this

If you had lingard in your team now it would say, determined to prove his manager wrong!! Haha

6 hours ago, Smoked said:

If you had lingard in your team now it would say, determined to prove his manager wrong!! Haha

I said this 2 years ago. Although, tbf even his determination is admirable, I don’t think he’d thrive for my team (Man City) like how he is currently in West Ham due to a few specific reason. I won’t elaborate about this unless you would want me to