Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic World Football

rafa

Have you seen this other rankings called the 'Unofficial Football World Champions' or something to see who is current world champions. According to it, Scotland are the best international team ever, Argentina are world champions and North Korea were recently champions. :lol:

Have you seen this other rankings called the 'Unofficial Football World Champions' or something to see who is current world champions. According to it, Scotland are the best international team ever, Argentina are world champions and North Korea were recently champions. :lol:

:D

Victoria Plzen 21st?? :O I guess you can't really make a flawless ranking system

Maybe it's not what you would expect, but they earned the position by consistently beating higher level opponents in the Europa League this year. Check their last results:

http://www.footballdatabase.com/clubs.php?Id=27

It's a funny one, they use the boxing system, where the reigning champion has to defend the title.

So the first world champion was England, after beating Scotland in the second international football match ever played (the first was 0-0 :D).

Then the title swapped hands between England and Scotland many times, as they were the only footballing nations in the world at the time.

That's why Scotland defended the title more times than any other team :)

Anyone know if there's any particular reason why Keirrison seems to have gone downhill so much? When he signed for Barca he looked like a great prospect but now at 24 he's on loan back to Brazil and I don't think he's played for Barca.

Is he another Kerlon? Did he get a really bad injury at a young age?

As good as Henry's goal in MLS was, it doesn't come close to Ibrahimovics goal back in November, definitely not the goal of the decade the commentator claimed

Portuguese league. Two games to go. Porto faces Benfica at the Estádio do Dragão. Benfica leads the league with two more points than Porto. If Benfica wins, they're champions.

90 minutes gone, the game is tied 1-1. During extra time Kelvin scores the winning goal. We're in the lead. The stadium was full. One game to go that we'll surely win. I lost my voice. Literally lost my voice.

Tonight, my friends, I am extremely happy.

Don't know where to put this.. but it technically is World Football lol

But the MLS just got it's 20th team.

New York City FC. Manchester City and the New York Yankees have partnered to make this club.

They're expected to start playing in 2015.

They're an expansion team. But it's going to be interesting to see who they acquire for players. 

Especially since the New York Yankees are the richest teams in Baseball. And Machester City is a pretty big team as well.

Wonder how much money they'll spend :P

Who knows, maybe David Beckham will be the new manager.

I've heard they're hoping to appoint Kyle Ford as first team manager, and Jens De Wit as assistant. Also, Ashley Sale has been linked with the youth coach position (obviously).

He kept blaming the manager (Jorge Jesus) and the left back André Almeida, saying it was their fault they have lost the cup. This because Jesus replace their usual left back Melgarejo with André Almeida.

According to Jesus in the following press conference, Cardozo apologized to André Almeida after the incident.

All I know is that if this had happened at FCP he'd be gone.

He kept blaming the manager (Jorge Jesus) and the left back André Almeida, saying it was their fault they have lost the cup. This because Jesus replace their usual left back Melgarejo with André Almeida.

According to Jesus in the following press conference, Cardozo apologized to André Almeida after the incident.

All I know is that if this had happened at FCP he'd be gone.

Thanks Grave - so no apology to Jorge Jesus yet then ?

Is he late 20s now - surprised nobody has even bought him ...

So.... Belgium beat us..

It might just be the laziness of the team because it was a friendly.

But it's probably going to be another one of those disappointing failure.

On a different(but basically the same) note:

I'll masturbate in public the day USA wins the World Cup

USA just beat Germany 4-3 lol.

Almost lost it when they gave up 2 very late goals.

Last time they beat Germany was in the 1999 Confederations Cup. Bringing their overall record against Germany to 3-6-0