Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic World Football

rafa

That's what I'm trying to say. how can you judge him this early?

And you might not have said he was shit directly. But you implied it.

You can't judge someone through international play..

Someone can be the best international player. But end up being a terrible league player.

Someone can be the worst international player and end up being the best league player.

Neymar is still young enough to change his playing style. It's not hard to slow yourself down.

If it were reversed and Barca was pacey and Neymar was slow. He'd have less of a chance of adapting.

Personally. You can't judge him until halfway in the season. Possibly not even season ends.

Let him get adapted to his new teammates. His new surroundings.

Honestly. The guy is picking his life up and moving it to a different country. It will be hard for him to adapt.

It's stressful enough as it is for him to get settled in.

But don't say he was a waste of money if you have no idea what you're talking about.

Say he's a waste of money when you actually see him play for Barca.

Unless you're a psychic? Are you a Psychic Sports Analyst? 

Didn't think so.

He's not going to stand out as much as people expect, as he'll still be second fiddle to Messi, so unless he's exceptional he will be deemed a failure.

But Kera did you watch the game? If so did Nagatomo play? If so again how well did he play?

He's not going to stand out as much as people expect, as he'll still be second fiddle to Messi, so unless he's exceptional he will be deemed a failure.

But Kera did you watch the game? If so did Nagatomo play? If so again how well did he play?

He was alright,

All he did was take all the throw-ins on the left side later one, because, Kagawa and the No. 4 (can't remember his name) were making runs into the box from the left side before either trying Ronaldo-style run and shot or running right down to the line near the box and then curling it in (just before the ball went out).

Nagatomo was there all along but he was relatively quiet, I saw the most of Hasebe (he was marking Cahill) and because Australia were playing a more left-sided attack (Oar doing more crossing than Kruse so Nagatomo didn't see too much action)

And might I add I was less than impressed with some of the diving and pushing done by both sides, especially Hasebe and the No. 4 for Japan, Hasebe went down a bit too easy when contesting balls with Cahill and Oar gave his opponent a shove when he couldn't out-run him (he's normally a central mid I think). And Japan got 4 or 5 free kicks from the right side just outside the box (like identical spot each time) for No. 4's left boot to have a shot at the goal (missed every time looooool).

It's not really his fault tho, it's more the game plan (Japan was attacking for most of the match and playing centrally whilst Australia was well... initiating the slowest counterattacks I'd ever seen, I mean seriously :P)

Cules Alert: Cuenca out for 4 months... AGAIN http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2013/soccer/wires/06/07/2080.ap.soc.barcelona.cuenca.78/index.html

He's done it again, gotten himself injured, the first time it resulted in him being loaned to Ajax to regain form. He has asked to be allowed to stay another season, the truth is it hardly matters now because Ajax will probably be able to sign Cuenca permanently if his injury keeps happening :P

The funny thing is the media are now being quiet about Neymar after that one goal...

It was brilliant no doubt but they should kinda remember who were saying Neymar was rubbish a couple of days ago... :P (I'm not saying he'll be the next Messi or anything)

The crappy football pages on facebook went from saying he's overrated to saying 'everyone said he was overrated' in the space of about a day. :P

So... 

USA in World Cup Finals? Anyone? Anyone?

I personally think they're doing fantastic. Much to my surprise..

I think they'll at least make the quarter finals... hopefully :P

The crappy football pages on facebook went from saying he's overrated to saying 'everyone said he was overrated' in the space of about a day. :P

The funniest thing of it all is it still doesn't change a bit about what Neymar is going to bring to Barca :P (except perhaps a bit less stress :P).

He could still end up being better than Messi to being a worse flop than Keirrison (he's playing like 10th div in Brazil now)

So...

The states always make the finals mate ;) its normally them and Mexico + Costa Rica / Honduras who qualify. The last time Canada made it was in the 80's!

So...

The states always make the finals mate ;) its normally them and Mexico + Costa Rica / Honduras who qualify. The last time Canada made it was in the 80's!

You didn't just try to tell a person from the USA that the USA always make the finals... as if I don't know the history of them lol ;)

They didn't even make the Olympics. Excuse my skepticism :P

So...

You didn't just try to tell a person from the USA that the USA always make the finals... as if I don't know the history of them lol ;)

I enjoy watching you guys lose in the round of 16 every year :P As a Canadian, it's the only fun I have ever have as we never qualify to the World Cup.  (All our players just decide to play for other countries. cough, cough, Hoilett!)

So...

I enjoy watching you guys lose in the round of 16 every year :P As a Canadian, it's the only fun I have ever have as we never qualify to the World Cup.  (All our players just decide to play for other countries. cough, cough, Hoilett!)

Ouch.

I would think as a fellow North American, you'd want to bring the Cup to our continent.

I would vote for Canada if they made it and we didn't.. IF they made it, that is ;)

Who's watching Tahiti then? :P I've been waiting all year for this!

That Chong Hue guy doesn't look too bad, hopefully they'll get a goal!

Am I the only person who found the commentators and pundits and even 'footballing fans' just seem patronising and condescending about lesser known footballing nations.

Like when Tahiti scored everyone was going 'OMG THEY SCORED!' Well no shit. They are a footballing team, they beat Oceanic teams to get into this tournament they clearly have the talent to win games.

Just because they are not a giant in their continent and or the world doesn't mean that they are bad! So if you are a true football fan you will appreciate all they have done and what they do not be shocked or cheer at the fact that they scored against a bigger team. Watch the way they play their football and the passion they show for it!

kthxbai

Not exactly counter-arguing. BUT.

Most of the teams, if not all (other than New Zealand) are amateur or semi-pro in Oceania. These players all have real jobs - yes they have worked hard to get there, and to score against a team of people who get paid thousands as bonuses to turn up, and train every day of the week is something truly spectacular.

I'm not sure that people will disregard the passion they show, just revel in the joy that they will feel at having scored against professionals. I don't feel it is too patronising - it is a truly remarkable feat for Tahiti to even score against Nigeria.

Well I think it's more the fact that really they didn't expect to get anything, and I don't many people did, in a warm up game they lost 7 nil or something to the Chile under 20s, most of their players aren't even professional footballers. They were playing a top side a most people were predicting a complete thrashing, but they managed to not be embarrassed by Nigeria and even topped it off with a goal.  

So... no one wants to see Brazil vs Mexico? :(

But if I had known that teams like Tahiti had other jobs. I would have watched lol.

Will be a good match, I think Italy are a better side then Brazil so Mexico could get a result, plus they have a good record against Brazil. Would like to see Herrera in for Torrado.