Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges No Barca No Cry

BatiGoal

MessiGo.jpg.596c54bf141d923c4e200b4b3feec05e.jpg

Yes, is the answer. Very little explaining needed for this short challenge. Take 32yo Messi away from Barcelona and score goals. We've all wondered how this little legend would cope in different leagues and playing styles but looks like it ain't ever happening in real life so grab your FMM chances. Luring this Argentinian magician away from his club is a challenge in itself, as he's extremely reluctant to abandon his first true love, but doing so with enough time left in his career to -once and for all- prove his legendary status is another. No shortage of discussions on the latter either. What's he gotta do to win over the handful critics that's left? Clueless critic: "Score 100 goals in a different team!!!" Hear ya. But my rationale has always been, whatever achievement in the real world - double that in the universe of FMM. So the number is 200. That's all you're asked to do for an honorable leaderboard mention. And I know Vibe people have a fetish for leaderboards, so go ahead.. 

Challenge: Break up the - Messi 💔 Barca - romance and score 200 gls for a new club. Making a leaderboard has never been this easy, or..? 

Rules: 

• NO unlockies - YES badgies
  • Sign Messi with a new club
  • Score a min. of 200 goals
  • Top divisions in any league
  • Verify all with screenshots 

No Barca No Cry - Leaderboard

1. 278 gls - BatiGoal (Chelsea)
  2. 0 gls - 
  3. 0 gls - 

My attempt - I, of course, wasn't going to throw a challenge at you if I wasn't totally sure it was doable. The few doubts I had are gone and now my name tops the leaderboard. I left a beatable score for the greedy 😉

Spoiler

Here's the results of my Messi save. 

Screenshot_20191127-151711.thumb.png.863660edae874db2d6632c44fcd8b620.png

Messi scoring his 200th! goal with a penalty. Challenge Completed! But we continue..

Screenshot_20191127-221120.thumb.png.264b1ec8ba3b3e42fb288a7a2053924a.png

Even as a 35yo he was The Maestro with 5 goals.

Screenshot_20191129-043612.thumb.png.1e54f11f26409b19d8617d1214c76682.png

Unfortunately I failed to convince him to carry on another season. So it's just the 5 I got out of him.

Screenshot_20191129-120841.thumb.png.4b55142ac2edf00c997adf14622a5cbe.png

He usually retires quite early under AI management but I managed to give the world a 37yo Messi.

Screenshot_20191129-120754.thumb.png.2028bf45e21c17649d954a956a212b25.png

And the all important numbers. That's 278 goals with one of the best players in football history. It really shows as he kept banging them in at an old age. He made this look very easy. A Legend! 

Great challenge BatiGoal and your results are certainly inspirational, thanks for sharing and I may indeed think about attempting this myself 

31 minutes ago, Massey127 said:

Great challenge BatiGoal and your results are certainly inspirational, thanks for sharing and I may indeed think about attempting this myself 

Thanks, hope you do and I'd like to see you beat that score. I mean it, I feed off seeing my name getting relegated 🙂

29 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Yes great challenge @BatiGoal.

Shame about the paltry score though, did you holiday through it?

Thanks. Looks like doesn’t it. To tell you the truth, my son had this idea to use Messi in a challenge so we came up with this. What should've been only 1 season to verify ended up in playing him till the end of his 5y contract. My son's name should be up there but screw him 😁

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

What should've been only 1 season to verify ended up in playing him till the end of his 5y contract. My son's name should be up there but screw him 

Interesting that you are trying to pin this score on your son and not take the full blame yourself 🤔
My guess is Bati Jr came up with the quality challenge and you posted the disappointing score.

Nice challenge.

Looks like a good challenge for me to attempt after I’m finished with Lord Bendtner. I currently have a thing for these challenges with older players for some reason.

3 hours ago, fRESH said:

Seems like a perfect challenge to start fm20 . Great idea mate !

Thanks. Enjoy it. 

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

Interesting that you are trying to pin this score on your son and not take the full blame yourself 🤔
My guess is Bati Jr came up with the quality challenge and you posted the disappointing score.

😂 Every word is true! 

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Nice challenge.

Looks like a good challenge for me to attempt after I’m finished with Lord Bendtner. I currently have a thing for these challenges with older players for some reason.

Same here, I'll do a few more short challenges before I commit to anything big. 

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Nicely done mate👍

Its my list of challenges to do. 

Thanks, I'll be waiting 😉 

1 hour ago, SophiaFM said:

Signing him is a better achievement than the actual goals.. he’ll ask for ludicrous wages! 

True. You can't just jump into this save without doing some prep work. 

54 minutes ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Another nice challenge BG. 

Was there a wet and windy night in Stoke though? 

No pitch too wet, no night too windy for this lil wizard 😀

Definitely up my alley as i adore using veteran players but it will have to wait for a while as i have other things planned with veterans. 😉

39 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Definitely up my alley as i adore using veteran players but it will have to wait for a while as i have other things planned with veterans. 😉

Nice. You'll probably like my next challenge too then.