Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

I’ve kind of shithoused my way to my position so far but that’s the beauty of this scoring system so I’ll take it. Need to improve though if I’m to make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

I’ve kind of shithoused my way to my position so far but that’s the beauty of this scoring system so I’ll take it. Need to improve though if I’m to make the playoffs.

Nobody said it was illegal buddy.... Play on. 😉

added 0 minutes later
1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

That goes for everyone, doesn't it 😜

😂Definately 😂

5 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

All the best mate, i really need a win this round.

I've already got a bad feeling about this challenge, i can feel a slog coming on...

1 hour ago, Crashhart said:

I've already got a bad feeling about this challenge, i can feel a slog coming on...

Imagine your feeling when you're facing me on top of that 😁

GettyImages-481614053-484c86d.jpg?qualit

Week 3 Challenge - Great Wall of China

The only man made structure that can be seen from space apparently. Is it true though? 🤔

The best thing about this challenge is that you don’t need to think about or give an answer to the above question. In fact I’m not even sure why I wrote it. But we do head to China for the third leg of the VPL season, in a quickfire challenge that will really test your tactical knowledge in more than one way.

Team Selection - You may choose any team competing in the Chinese Super League (top division).

The Challenge

Your task is pretty much as the title says, to create your very own “Great Wall”. You will do this by creating a tactic without the use of any wide players at all. Every one of your 11 players will be in a central position (DC, DMC, MC, AMC, ST). No wingers, no wingbacks, anything along the flanks is not permitted to be used. It will be a central block of 10 in front of your keeper.

The squad you inherit will be what you are stuck with as no signings in are allowed. You can sell whoever you want.

Additionally, the player in your squad with the most goals and assists combined in all competitions at the end of the challenge will be your “Emperor”. His combined total will be your bonus points. This player must be Chinese for your bonus points to count.

This week it’s very much a sprint not a marathon as you will be playing half of the CSL season. Just 15 games to accumulate points so there’s no room for slow starts here.

• League Points +/- GD
  • Goals and assists from your emperor combined (all competitions)

Clarifications

• Any Chinese Super League team
  • No transfers in are allowed, but you can sell who you want
  • The tactic must consist of no wide players whatsoever. All must be central
  • 15 league games only, the challenge ends once the final whistle goes at the end of game 15
  • You don’t get any additional points for cup games, but the goals and assists DO count for your emperor.
  • You will only get bonus points if the player with the most combined goals and assists is Chinese (first nationality, second isn’t enough)
  • Any coaching badges/reputation
  • You can load any leagues

Deadline - Friday, January 24th - 11:59PM GMT

Good luck.

Rules and Screenshots Required

Spoiler
  • Enhanced match engine only.
  • Own tactics only.
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software.
  • SI approved databases only.
  • No cheating, holidaying or reloading. One attempt and one attempt only.
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required. No screenshots = no points.
  • Failure to submit before the deadline will equal no score - no extensions.
  • If you fall under any suspicion you may be asked to submit your save file for investigation. Fail to do so will see you being ejected from the competition.
  • PM me with your results in the already created thread.
  • In case of tied points, the tiebreaker will be 1) League Points 2) Goal Difference 3) Bonus Points unless otherwise stated.

Screenshots Required

• All variations of tactics used throughout the challenge
  • Squad list in order of appearances, goals and assists
  • Transfers page
  • Manager profile
  • Attributes and stats of emperor at end of challenge
  • League table
  • Full fixture list

Something tells me I'm gonna spend the entire tomorrow testing tactics 😂 

Great stuff Sam, love the curveball. I've got a good feeling about this, @Ian sorry mate 😉 

35 minutes ago, samhardy said:

GettyImages-481614053-484c86d.jpg?qualit

Week 3 Challenge - Great Wall of China

The only man made structure that can be seen from space apparently. Is it true though? 🤔

The best thing about this challenge is that you don’t need to think about or give an answer to the above question. In fact I’m not even sure why I wrote it. But we do head to China for the third leg of the VPL season, in a quickfire challenge that will really test your tactical knowledge in more than one way.

Team Selection - You may choose any team competing in the Chinese Super League (top division).

The Challenge

Your task is pretty much as the title says, to create your very own “Great Wall”. You will do this by creating a tactic without the use of any wide players at all. Every one of your 11 players will be in a central position (DC, DMC, MC, AMC, ST). No wingers, no wingbacks, anything along the flanks is not permitted to be used. It will be a central block of 10 in front of your keeper.

The squad you inherit will be what you are stuck with as no signings in are allowed. You can sell whoever you want.

Additionally, the player in your squad with the most goals and assists combined in all competitions at the end of the challenge will be your “Emperor”. His combined total will be your bonus points. This player must be Chinese for your bonus points to count.

This week it’s very much a sprint not a marathon as you will be playing half of the CSL season. Just 15 games to accumulate points so there’s no room for slow starts here.

• League Points +/- GD
  • Goals and assists from your emperor combined (all competitions)

Clarifications

• Any Chinese Super League team
  • No transfers in are allowed, but you can sell who you want
  • The tactic must consist of no wide players whatsoever. All must be central
  • 15 league games only, the challenge ends once the final whistle goes at the end of game 15
  • You don’t get any additional points for cup games, but the goals and assists DO count for your emperor.
  • You will only get bonus points if the player with the most combined goals and assists is Chinese (first nationality, second isn’t enough)
  • Any coaching badges/reputation
  • You can load any leagues

Deadline - Friday, January 24th - 11:59PM GMT

Good luck.

Rules and Screenshots Required

Reveal hidden contents
  • Enhanced match engine only.
  • Own tactics only.
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software.
  • SI approved databases only.
  • No cheating, holidaying or reloading. One attempt and one attempt only.
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required. No screenshots = no points.
  • Failure to submit before the deadline will equal no score - no extensions.
  • If you fall under any suspicion you may be asked to submit your save file for investigation. Fail to do so will see you being ejected from the competition.
  • PM me with your results in the already created thread.
  • In case of tied points, the tiebreaker will be 1) League Points 2) Goal Difference 3) Bonus Points unless otherwise stated.

Screenshots Required

• All variations of tactics used throughout the challenge
  • Squad list in order of appearances
  • Transfers page
  • Manager profile
  • Attributes and stats of emperor at end of challenge
  • League table
  • Full fixture list

Now this is a challenge I can get on board with!

@BatiGoal Let’s go champ!

32 minutes ago, Woody said:

Wtf Sam... 😂😂😂

Cue everyone playin 'Wide' football

Good luck mate 🤝

I've chosen my weapon - based on traditional factors, including "favourite colour" and "which club has the most Brentford connections" 👍

3 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Good luck mate 🤝

I've chosen my weapon - based on traditional factors, including "favourite colour" and "which club has the most Brentford connections" 👍

I recon by that then you have gone for the same club as me. 

Christ. 

One Q - is the emperor the highest scoring/assisting Chinese player (even if there is someone above them) or only the highest scoring player and therefore if your top scorer isn’t Chinese you get no points?

@samhardy

Additionally, the player in your squad with the most goals and assists combined in all competitions at the end of the challenge will be your “Emperor”. His combined total will be your bonus points. This player must be Chinese for your bonus points to count.”

28 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Christ. 

One Q - is the emperor the highest scoring/assisting Chinese player (even if there is someone above them) or only the highest scoring player and therefore if your top scorer isn’t Chinese you get no points?

@samhardy

Additionally, the player in your squad with the most goals and assists combined in all competitions at the end of the challenge will be your “Emperor”. His combined total will be your bonus points. This player must be Chinese for your bonus points to count.”

He must have the highest combined assists and goals in the whole squad and be Chinese.

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

A straight fight to the death then :D

To the death sir! 

48 minutes ago, Foxy said:

The age old battle of woodpecker and tree, which is stronger bark or beak!

Well obviously Woodpecker 😊

23 minutes ago, Foxy said:

He must have the highest combined assists and goals in the whole squad and be Chinese.

Ok cool so if anyone else comes top it’s 0 points. 

This is a very interesting one...

14 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Ok cool so if anyone else comes top it’s 0 points. 

Just for bonus points, you’d still get points from the league if for example a Brazilian scored and assisted the most. Wouldn’t get any bonuses though.

46 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Just for bonus points, you’d still get points from the league if for example a Brazilian scored and assisted the most. Wouldn’t get any bonuses though.

Got it. Cheers. 

Been testing some unorthodox Great Wall formations during my commute. And yep, I like what I'm seeing so far. Very much so. Whether it's going to work with my Chinese team is a different tale tho 🙄

12 hours ago, Woody said:

Wtf Sam... 😂😂😂

Cue everyone playin 'Wide' football

I never play "Wide" anyway. 😉

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Been testing some unorthodox Great Wall formations during my commute. And yep, I like what I'm seeing so far. Very much so. Whether it's going to work with my Chinese team is a different tale tho 🙄

Tactics tested. Now is the time to unleash the "Emperor" as I have taken leave from office today. 😁