Chat What Challenges Do We Want

What Challenges Do Members Want  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What Challenges Do Members Want

• Short - 1 Season Challenge
    • Medium - No more than 5
    • Long - Anything over 5 to full Career

Hi All

Some of you have been on this site for years now, some are new to the site, and others could of just come back, so why you ask have I created this Chat.

I just wanted to know what Challenges are people looking for, I see everyday there is new Challenges popping up, but some NEVER get started, never mind finished, so there are plenty of LeaderBoards empty for example even the earlier ones that I believe could be a brilliant challenge for those who believe they are tactical geniuses.

What is bizarre is when you see someone post 'I'm Bored' or 'Get bored after 2 or 3 Season's, to me I can't believe members are not looking through some of the challenges to give themselves a more challenging opportunity rather than 2 or 3 season of winning everything and then thinking, 'thats it' and start again.

SO what DOES those who do Challenges want, Short, Medium or Long. 

I wondered how easy it would be to create a list of the Leaderboards where it shows only numbers of who have completed them so far, break them up into what could be seen as Short, Medium or Long, and then it would give members the opportunity to see what is still outstanding in regards to getting their name on one, which usually prompts someone to come along and beat the score, creating a barrage of attempts of a challenge that could of drifted by to the next 2021 Series without ever being attempted.

Apologies if I have stepped on someone's toes who may of covered or even asked the question already, I was simply wondering what the Vibe's feelings on Challenges is at this current moment, please shout out and give your opinion.

Edited by Cockers2505

I really love for you to do another long term challenges :) 

I really agree about the empty leaderboard perhaps we might actually see a lone leader where most of them are dominated by @Kanegan.

Vibe to me doesn’t seems like the same a few years ago where we see lots of new faces and being very active almost every hour. Now we might see 5 hours of silence. Not to mention that we mostly see the same person with the same career thread every week. 

12 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I really love for you to do another long term challenges :) 

I really agree about the empty leaderboard perhaps we might actually see a lone leader where most of them are dominated by @Kanegan.

Vibe to me doesn’t seems like the same a few years ago where we see lots of new faces and being very active almost every hour. Now we might see 5 hours of silence. Not to mention that we mostly see the same person with the same career thread every week. 

Yes agree with you, i have a few ideas about some challenges, but one is based around 26 seasons but if there is a lack of wanting long challenges, then it’s pointless putting it together.

I’m nearly 50 now, so this game is a ‘sit and watch tv thing’ for me now as work takes up all my other time, but i think the youngsters are more pushed to games like COD so i think that’s why we don’t see many new faces as previous years, but just like you that’s my opinion

36 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Yes agree with you, i have a few ideas about some challenges, but one is based around 26 seasons but if there is a lack of wanting long challenges, then it’s pointless putting it together.

I’m nearly 50 now, so this game is a ‘sit and watch tv thing’ for me now as work takes up all my other time, but i think the youngsters are more pushed to games like COD so i think that’s why we don’t see many new faces as previous years, but just like you that’s my opinion

Me personally as youngster of course very loves the likes of COD though I’m not a fan of Battle Royale that is current trend.

The main reason I’m playing FMM is cause it’s not as much rules as in PC where I do play it occasionally. I found both FM and FMM is more relaxing to play

4 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

but one is based around 26 seasons but if there is a lack of wanting long challenges, then it’s pointless putting it together.

The key with longer challenges is keeping some variety in there imo.

When I did the Augusta challenge created by Sam which is 22 seasons long it never once became a chore or boring because every season/2 seasons was a different challenge with something new to think about, new tactics to use and players to search out. I would happily put 26 seasons into a challenge if it had some good variety to it without being too complicated.

I chose Medium, which is a bit weird, as I'm always doing 1KCs! But I think Medium is the ideal length - long enough to properly build a squad, but stopping before it all becomes too processional and you're just tweaking an already world class squad. That's the part of the 1KC I struggle with. I really enjoy the first 3 or 4 years, but after that - not so much.

For me though, the big thing is ummm... realism.

I know that sounds ridiculous for someone who does 1KCs, but I much prefer straight up 'score as much as you can' or 'take a team from the bottom to the top' style challenges than ones based on movies, or other sports etc. I've done a few more out there ones, and enjoyed them, but I find it more enjoyable if I can trick myself into thinking there's some sort of realism there. 🙂

No knock on those who do enjoy those types of challenges, just the way my mind works. So I'd vote for more 'realistic' challenges.

I've often thought about a 'one day' version (to use a cricket term) of the 1KC. Maybe these days, given it's not too hard to get to 1.5K or even 2K, the leaderboard could be fastest to 1K, instead of most goals after you've pushed them through 25 seasons. It'd still be a long save, but it would cut out the most painful part. Or maybe fastest to 500 goals? Or maybe as many goals as you can get within 5 seasons. I might create a challenge around that some time (not until I'm ready to try it though, and I'm mid career now). 

Thanks for the shoutout @broodje kip but it is frankly frustrating to see a single name in a leaderboard and as rightly pointed out by @Cockers2505, people still create topics like how to play or i am bored but they are not willing to look into the challenge pages.

From my experience, i don't know whether it is right or wrong but i had created plenty of challenges in 2019 and this edition but after a while i saw majority of them were attempted only by me and not by anybody else so i have stopped creating challenges now, instead looking at other people's challenges to play.

And finally to answer your question, i think it depends on how much time you are willing to invest in playing the game. For me, i have done plenty of long challenges as well as shorter and medium ones so basically it all comes down to what i want at that moment.

12 hours ago, Foxy said:

The key with longer challenges is keeping some variety in there imo.

So reading between the lines, mixing different challenges can create the variety you need, maybe the answer is to always mix it up, like TT, assists and 1K or above? 
do you believe there is enough variety already available to keep the game interesting

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

I chose Medium, which is a bit weird, as I'm always doing 1KCs! But I think Medium is the ideal length - long enough to properly build a squad, but stopping before it all becomes too processional and you're just tweaking an already world class squad.

For me though, the big thing is ummm... realism.

No knock on those who do enjoy those types of challenges, just the way my mind works. So I'd vote for more 'realistic' challenges.

I've often thought about a 'one day' version (to use a cricket term) of the 1KC. Maybe these days, given it's not too hard to get to 1.5K or even 2K, the leaderboard could be fastest to 1K, instead of most goals after you've pushed them through 25 seasons. It'd still be a long save, but it would cut out the most painful part. Or maybe fastest to 500 goals? Or maybe as many goals as you can get within 5 seasons. I might create a challenge around that some time

Thanks Scratch, i believe the Forum has lost some of its connections, i don’t know if we are getting older and busier in our normal days to post as we used to, but it’s definitely getting quieter, i for one don’t read or post as much as i used to due to family life and work. 
Do you believe there is enough options to create realistic challenges and still make it fun and interesting? The sound of making ‘fastest’ challenges could be the way forward, look at when the Striker less first came out, even the Goal average is one that seems to do well, so i guess you might hit a nail on the head with a quickest to 500 for example, you could even put twists on it over time like 100 had to be from midfield and then even 50 has to be from defence etc

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

Thanks for the shoutout @broodje kip but it is frankly frustrating to see a single name in a leaderboard and as rightly pointed out by @Cockers2505, people still create topics like how to play or i am bored but they are not willing to look into the challenge pages.

From my experience, i don't know whether it is right or wrong but i had created plenty of challenges in 2019 and this edition but after a while i saw majority of them were attempted only by me and not by anybody else so i have stopped creating challenges now, instead looking at other people's challenges to play.

And finally to answer your question, i think it depends on how much time you are willing to invest in playing the game. For me, i have done plenty of long challenges as well as shorter and medium ones so basically it all comes down to what i want at that moment.

Thanks @Kanegan i can see the amount of Challenges you have created and either attempted (by you) or that sits waiting for that first person on the Leaderboard as so many others.

I guess what I’m trying to make people aware is that it’s a shame so many people have put in the effort to create these challenges, but nobody seems to want to give them a try even though there are still so many posting ‘bored’, ‘the game is rubbish’ or ‘to easy’ yet there are hundreds (if you go back to other versions) of challenges that could not only prevent these type of statements, but also bring back the interest the game sometimes needs when you have won everything with someone from lower leagues, took them to the top division and basically can’t do anymore other than keep winning everything season after season.

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

I've often thought about a 'one day' version (to use a cricket term) of the 1KC. Maybe these days, given it's not too hard to get to 1.5K or even 2K, the leaderboard could be fastest to 1K, instead of most goals after you've pushed them through 25 seasons. It'd still be a long save, but it would cut out the most painful part. Or maybe fastest to 500 goals? Or maybe as many goals as you can get within 5 seasons. I might create a challenge around that some time (not until I'm ready to try it though, and I'm mid career now). 

Personally I wouldn’t change the 1kc as there should always be a challenge that is to score as many goals as possible with a player imo. What has happened in recent years is that we see the same players used so the 1kc becomes a foregone conclusion which doesn’t make for such an interesting follow. What gets forgotten sometimes with the challenge is that it isn’t always how many goals you get with a player that is the achievement so much as the player you use so getting a Championship quality player or someone older to 1k goals in a good league is just as much of an achievement as getting a WK who starts at 16/17 to 2k goals over 20 seasons or more.

The quickest to 500 is a great idea I think as it opens up a lot of other players to a goalscoring challenge. It brings in the possibility of giving players in there early 30s one last hurrah or using a non league player to get a team up the leagues whilst also smashing in 500 gls.

19 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

So reading between the lines, mixing different challenges can create the variety you need, maybe the answer is to always mix it up, like TT, assists and 1K or above? 
do you believe there is enough variety already available to keep the game interesting

Mixing challenges up definitely creates more interest and I have always enjoyed adding in assists challenges to goalscoring ones as it gives more to think about in terms of tactics, team selection and substitutions. Those challenges can still get boring though and the real variety comes by having different challenges each season to complete and building a score up over time as you change tactics and players to accommodate the new challenges.

For me, as someone who creates a good number of challenges its important to try and utilise all the leagues and force players to try out different players. I tend to see the same old players with the same old teams for all the challenges.

I try to find club histories and impose a tighter use to "star players" to encourage players to seek out new gems or change their tactical style up.

I do admit when a I see PSG or Real used for a TT or other challenges I tend not to really follow those ones as opposed to some creating a different career with a unique club and players.

2 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

For me, as someone who creates a good number of challenges its important to try and utilise all the leagues and force players to try out different players. I tend to see the same old players with the same old teams for all the challenges.

I try to find club histories and impose a tighter use to "star players" to encourage players to seek out new gems or change their tactical style up.

I do admit when a I see PSG or Real used for a TT or other challenges I tend not to really follow those ones as opposed to some creating a different career with a unique club and players.

Hi @danovic78 thanks for your input, what do you vote for then? short, medium or long? 

I understand what you are saying, I guess seeing the usual players being used it tedious, but I guess if the list of Youngsters for example is available to see, why would anybody choose someone not on the list knowing full well they are not going to maybe get 1K goals out of them, let's be truthful not many people have gone, 'guess what I'll get 1K goals or 500 assists out of a nobody', I think that would probably waste their time trying.

Getting a 1K challenge using Salford, or Bath would be a challenge, maybe see if a youngster could be bought very early, and then score 1K goals at that club, now I would keep an eye on that, but someone going to the list of future World Stars, and then choosing Barca, Man City etc, is not that exciting to get a 1K I guess, unless you are @Scratch and do the unbelievable 2K, 1K assists etc all in the same challenge, now that is worth watching.

3 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Thanks Scratch, i believe the Forum has lost some of its connections, i don’t know if we are getting older and busier in our normal days to post as we used to, but it’s definitely getting quieter, i for one don’t read or post as much as i used to due to family life and work. 
Do you believe there is enough options to create realistic challenges and still make it fun and interesting? The sound of making ‘fastest’ challenges could be the way forward, look at when the Striker less first came out, even the Goal average is one that seems to do well, so i guess you might hit a nail on the head with a quickest to 500 for example, you could even put twists on it over time like 100 had to be from midfield and then even 50 has to be from defence etc

LOL, I'm the same, getting older and busier! I don't have as much time to post or as much time to read either, which is a shame. I do feel like quite a few people I used to read regularly have been quiet for a long while, but there are plenty of new folk around, I just don't have the time to follow them as much... 🙁

Yeah, I think there are plenty of options to create challenges like that and plenty of twists you can add in there if you want. If no one else does it, I'll get around to it eventually.

The other distraction I have now though is working on this scouting / companion app, because I need to play some careers where I cheat so I can test it out (which is what I'm doing now and therefore not posting it obviously). So I'm starting to make myself challenges using that, like not buying anyone with a PA over 150 (or whatever), or signing older players (24-26) who never fulfilled their potential (ie CA nowhere near PA).

I sort of feel like that might be something I keep doing later on, so I'll probably mix it up between real challenge careers and cheat careers where I just challenge myself with stuff like that. 

3 hours ago, Foxy said:

Personally I wouldn’t change the 1kc as there should always be a challenge that is to score as many goals as possible with a player imo. What has happened in recent years is that we see the same players used so the 1kc becomes a foregone conclusion which doesn’t make for such an interesting follow. What gets forgotten sometimes with the challenge is that it isn’t always how many goals you get with a player that is the achievement so much as the player you use so getting a Championship quality player or someone older to 1k goals in a good league is just as much of an achievement as getting a WK who starts at 16/17 to 2k goals over 20 seasons or more.

The quickest to 500 is a great idea I think as it opens up a lot of other players to a goalscoring challenge. It brings in the possibility of giving players in there early 30s one last hurrah or using a non league player to get a team up the leagues whilst also smashing in 500 gls.

Oh yeah, not suggesting to change the 1KC, just add an alternative challenge (or maybe a second leaderboard in the original) - the full proper 1KC can't ever disappear!

I totally agree on mixing it up and trying different players and clubs etc (like your Mitrovic one or if you finish off the Welsh one), BUT I can't seem to do it. I've started an Adam Armstrong one about 3 times now (both real and cheat ones), but can't make it stick. I started a real one in Ireland, but got bored because it was too low level, even though that was the actual point of it! I started one with Yeovil (though that was a cheat one so wouldn't have counted). But none of them stick. 

So I agree on principal and eventually will do one of them that sticks, but I understand why people come back to the wonder kids... That said, it's much more enjoyable to read something a bit different. 

I think I will do a 'quickest to 500' or maybe 'as many as you can in 5 seasons' sooner or later as well (leaning towards the 5 seasons one). The really interesting thing about that is that it does open it up to a whole heap of players you wouldn't normally consider for a 1KC. In fact, it pretty much guarantees that you won't use the younger guys. Though it could have multiple leaderboards: Teenagers (at the start), players in their 20s, players in their 30s. etc. I like the idea of the last one. 

1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

unless you are @Scratch and do the unbelievable 2K, 1K assists etc all in the same challenge, now that is worth watching

Yeah, I think there will always be people who go for big numbers. I might not always be one of them though. That career was the culmination of a series of careers over several versions, where it just made sense to bump up the targets a bit. But now that's done, maybe I will settle down into more diverse challenges. Then again, never say never hey? I did get the 2K and the 1K assists, but I failed on the extra 1K, so.... 🤣

2 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Hi @danovic78 thanks for your input, what do you vote for then? short, medium or long? 

I understand what you are saying, I guess seeing the usual players being used it tedious, but I guess if the list of Youngsters for example is available to see, why would anybody choose someone not on the list knowing full well they are not going to maybe get 1K goals out of them, let's be truthful not many people have gone, 'guess what I'll get 1K goals or 500 assists out of a nobody', I think that would probably waste their time trying.

Getting a 1K challenge using Salford, or Bath would be a challenge, maybe see if a youngster could be bought very early, and then score 1K goals at that club, now I would keep an eye on that, but someone going to the list of future World Stars, and then choosing Barca, Man City etc, is not that exciting to get a 1K I guess, unless you are @Scratch and do the unbelievable 2K, 1K assists etc all in the same challenge, now that is worth watching.

I would say I am torn really, at the moment I tend to enjoy 1-5 ish season challenges but then I am about to post my effort for 500/500 (goals and Assists) that took me 24 seasons but it does depend on the save really, This one I took a "wonderkid" but then I was trying all sorts of different tactics to get the best out of him and then the save took me into the INT management (which I normally hate) and tried to win the WC with a unfancied team.

Like everyone has said, I do love the classics 1k, DoubleTrouble, TTT.

I think WKs and the big clubs will always be the most popular approach to most challenges and I have tended to find that the challenges I have created that make you not use top clubs/players are rarely tried which is a shame. I think to an extent many are worried of not posting a big score and that stops them trying or means they take the big club/big players approach which is a shame as I think on the whole we are pretty encouraging here.

A lot of really great points being made. I will say, the elephant in the room really is that there are more challenges than regular contributors on here - that's where the "real" problem lies. Classic supply and demand - the overflowing activity and creativity of some of you outpaces the ability of the community we have to participate in all of them.

So I don't think we really have a problem of needing new specific challenges - we have a variety of short, medium and long to suit whatever people might be up for. And sometimes a challenge comes along, like @Rob's simple Liverpool Front Three challenge this year, that captures the community's attention and we get at least one way of "measuring up" against each other :)

The shorter ones will always be better for that, but I'm glad we have the long ones there too.

9 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

@danovic78i understand what you are saying, I guess seeing the usual players being used it tedious, but I guess if the list of Youngsters for example is available to see, why would anybody choose someone not on the list knowing full well they are not going to maybe get 1K goals out of them, let's be truthful not many people have gone, 'guess what I'll get 1K goals or 500 assists out of a nobody', I think that would probably waste their time trying. 

Ha, I think it just depends how you're wired - some people can't deal with public failure so they take an easy option (but as others have mentioned, I find "P$G 1K with Fabio Silva" hella boring - you have to be a good writer to make something like that enticing). But as a Brentford fan, I am accustomed to accepting failure, so I don't mind trying with a nobody :D (well, I still don't know how to get 1k myself, but I was quite happy with my DT in Poland last year - two unknown kids but a chance to play a new league etc, it was enjoyable :) )

I generally prefer medium and longer challenges for careers I post. I suppose the reason for that may be that in the community events that I’ve done it’s all half or one season ones so that kind of takes care of the shorter ones mostly for me.

I used to try and think of twists and stuff I could do to careers that might be interesting for viewers but I just got a headache with that and now I just play careers that I will enjoy and more often than not post them up. At the end of the day if they aren’t interesting then fair enough people can ignore them but if it’s not going to be fun for myself then it kind of defeats the object for me. Not sure if this makes total sense.

4 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Ha, I think it just depends how you're wired - some people can't deal with public failure so they take an easy option (but as others have mentioned, I find "P$G 1K with Fabio Silva" hella boring - you have to be a good writer to make something like that enticing). But as a Brentford fan, I am accustomed to accepting failure, so I don't mind trying with a nobody :D (well, I still don't know how to get 1k myself, but I was quite happy with my DT in Poland last year - two unknown kids but a chance to play a new league etc, it was enjoyable :) )

Ngl but it does looks quite boring playing with PSG and some other big clubs like FC Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus but I do found some career like the TT made by @Nucleus, the 2K made by @Ian or the Mitrovic made by @Foxy very interesting to see

21 hours ago, Scratch said:

I think I will do a 'quickest to 500' or maybe 'as many as you can in 5 seasons' sooner or later as well (leaning towards the 5 seasons one). The really interesting thing about that is that it does open it up to a whole heap of players you wouldn't normally consider for a 1KC. In fact, it pretty much guarantees that you won't use the younger guys. Though it could have multiple leaderboards: Teenagers (at the start), players in their 20s, players in their 30s. etc. I like the idea of the last one. 

That sounds good, maybe there will be the introduction on Players we haven't heard of before who make a surprise appearance

20 hours ago, danovic78 said:

I would say I am torn really, at the moment I tend to enjoy 1-5 ish season challenges but then I am about to post my effort for 500/500 (goals and Assists) that took me 24 seasons but it does depend on the save really, This one I took a "wonderkid" but then I was trying all sorts of different tactics to get the best out of him and then the save took me into the INT management (which I normally hate) and tried to win the WC with a unfancied team.

Like everyone has said, I do love the classics 1k, DoubleTrouble, TTT.

Thanks Dan, I guess we all look at Challenges different, some just simply can't get past a few seasons before it's to much and simply think about sacking it and starting again, that is why I asked the question as it looks like the long challenges don't really get a look in unless you put the effort in to make it sound worth while to read, I must admit recently as @Scratch said it gets harder and harder to post as you get older and work/family commitments seems to take over, in my case anyway.

19 hours ago, Foxy said:

I think WKs and the big clubs will always be the most popular approach to most challenges and I have tended to find that the challenges I have created that make you not use top clubs/players are rarely tried which is a shame. I think to an extent many are worried of not posting a big score and that stops them trying or means they take the big club/big players approach which is a shame as I think on the whole we are pretty encouraging here.

I guess until a couple of seasons have gone by and you start to see the Regen's it is a bit like that with everyone who looks for a long(ish) challenge, I have tried and tested a few players for a 1K, just couldn't get the numbers even though his Stats said different, and then I have tried a few Challenges, but again they seem to fall down after 2 or 3 season,s @Ian created one where you take a striker each season from Championship, then 1st, then 2nd etc until VNS/VNN and score 50 goals, again got through Mitrovic first season, then second season couldn't make the grade with striker, so give up, probably never to be attempted again, I guess it's the same throughput the Challenge list??

13 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

A lot of really great points being made. I will say, the elephant in the room really is that there are more challenges than regular contributors on here - that's where the "real" problem lies. Classic supply and demand - the overflowing activity and creativity of some of you outpaces the ability of the community we have to participate in all of them.

So I don't think we really have a problem of needing new specific challenges - we have a variety of short, medium and long to suit whatever people might be up for. And sometimes a challenge comes along, like @Rob's simple Liverpool Front Three challenge this year, that captures the community's attention and we get at least one way of "measuring up" against each other :)

The shorter ones will always be better for that, but I'm glad we have the long ones there too.

Yes I agree there is one that pops up and takes everyone's interest, Strikerless challenge, Maguire brothers challenge are a couple more that hit the headlines at the time, so I agree there is plenty to get on with, I just feel sorry for those who have gone out to create these challenges, for nobody to even attempt a go at it, not even the creator of the challenge (which I am one of those to be truthful)

11 hours ago, Ian said:

I generally prefer medium and longer challenges for careers I post. I suppose the reason for that may be that in the community events that I’ve done it’s all half or one season ones so that kind of takes care of the shorter ones mostly for me.

I used to try and think of twists and stuff I could do to careers that might be interesting for viewers but I just got a headache with that and now I just play careers that I will enjoy and more often than not post them up. At the end of the day if they aren’t interesting then fair enough people can ignore them but if it’s not going to be fun for myself then it kind of defeats the object for me. Not sure if this makes total sense.

I believe there are probably hundreds of attempts out there that never get reported, we as humans don't like defeat, so we probably don't want to post a failed challenge, but maybe that is the catalyst we need, to see someone brave enough to attempt, could open up others up to have their own attempt regarless of the outcome??

8 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Ngl but it does looks quite boring playing with PSG and some other big clubs like FC Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus but I do found some career like the TT made by @Nucleus, the 2K made by @Ian or the Mitrovic made by @Foxy very interesting to see

I guess it depends on the type of individual, I hate starting any career/challenge with top clubs, firstly the players are predictable, you already know what players are worth, how good they are and who you can and can't afford depending on the Club and its transfer funds, I prefer the 'Start at the bottom' and prove your worthiness, but again that's my opinion, I hate seeing Tactics reported using Real, Barca or Liverpool, but when you get lower clubs, it simply flops, so really it's not the BEST tactic ever made, it's ok for the Prem, or Spanish first Div etc.  I must admit, I'm amazed how people like @Ian, @Scratch or @Foxy for example, actually reach the dizzy heights in their challenges, 2K goals, 1K assists, how??? I am happy to get a 50 goals season, or a player to get over 20 assists, but 100 goals seasons, or 50+ assists each season, wow, I am amazed.

7 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Thanks Dan, I guess we all look at Challenges different, some just simply can't get past a few seasons before it's to much and simply think about sacking it and starting again, that is why I asked the question as it looks like the long challenges don't really get a look in unless you put the effort in to make it sound worth while to read, I must admit recently as @Scratch said it gets harder and harder to post as you get older and work/family commitments seems to take over, in my case anyway.

I guess until a couple of seasons have gone by and you start to see the Regen's it is a bit like that with everyone who looks for a long(ish) challenge, I have tried and tested a few players for a 1K, just couldn't get the numbers even though his Stats said different, and then I have tried a few Challenges, but again they seem to fall down after 2 or 3 season,s @Ian created one where you take a striker each season from Championship, then 1st, then 2nd etc until VNS/VNN and score 50 goals, again got through Mitrovic first season, then second season couldn't make the grade with striker, so give up, probably never to be attempted again, I guess it's the same throughput the Challenge list??

Yes I agree there is one that pops up and takes everyone's interest, Strikerless challenge, Maguire brothers challenge are a couple more that hit the headlines at the time, so I agree there is plenty to get on with, I just feel sorry for those who have gone out to create these challenges, for nobody to even attempt a go at it, not even the creator of the challenge (which I am one of those to be truthful)

I believe there are probably hundreds of attempts out there that never get reported, we as humans don't like defeat, so we probably don't want to post a failed challenge, but maybe that is the catalyst we need, to see someone brave enough to attempt, could open up others up to have their own attempt regarless of the outcome??

I guess it depends on the type of individual, I hate starting any career/challenge with top clubs, firstly the players are predictable, you already know what players are worth, how good they are and who you can and can't afford depending on the Club and its transfer funds, I prefer the 'Start at the bottom' and prove your worthiness, but again that's my opinion, I hate seeing Tactics reported using Real, Barca or Liverpool, but when you get lower clubs, it simply flops, so really it's not the BEST tactic ever made, it's ok for the Prem, or Spanish first Div etc.  I must admit, I'm amazed how people like @Ian, @Scratch or @Foxy for example, actually reach the dizzy heights in their challenges, 2K goals, 1K assists, how??? I am happy to get a 50 goals season, or a player to get over 20 assists, but 100 goals seasons, or 50+ assists each season, wow, I am amazed.

I agree some people posted saying it’s the best tactic in game and then you saw that they used PSG and spent nearly 400M for players. I’m pretty sure they should say like massive tactic for big club only so that some new players won’t fall for it

22 hours ago, Scratch said:

Oh yeah, not suggesting to change the 1KC, just add an alternative challenge (or maybe a second leaderboard in the original) - the full proper 1KC can't ever disappear!

I totally agree on mixing it up and trying different players and clubs etc (like your Mitrovic one or if you finish off the Welsh one), BUT I can't seem to do it. I've started an Adam Armstrong one about 3 times now (both real and cheat ones), but can't make it stick. I started a real one in Ireland, but got bored because it was too low level, even though that was the actual point of it! I started one with Yeovil (though that was a cheat one so wouldn't have counted). But none of them stick. 

So I agree on principal and eventually will do one of them that sticks, but I understand why people come back to the wonder kids... That said, it's much more enjoyable to read something a bit different. 

This may interest you.

I dont really mind people using WK's but there should be variety as the list itself is pretty exhaustive as there is so many times you can read through Fabio Silva, Pietro Pellegri or William Geubbels. Whenever i have posted any long career be it TT, DT or 1KC, i have always consciously tried to use some different names which is normally not being used even though they are in the WK list.

Talking about a different approach for 1KC, maybe this one that i posted can work: