Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Pipi tries dual 1kc gls ✅ & 1kc assists ✅ - The End

Rob

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

Absolutely incredible achievement. A massive congratulations! 👏👏👏

Thanks mate. Took 28 seasons but we got that.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Awesome achievement Rab, a great career and you done Japan proud. Smashing. 

Cheers. Making Japan proud was always my intention.

1 hour ago, hhooo said:

Jesus, he gained 2 pace at age 44? Will he go full benjamin button?

I thought that! I did wonder why he was dating Cate Blanchett. I had him on easy intensity and training as a treq since late 20s and forgot about it, so any change is entirely random. Weird. 

25 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Well done Robert. Totally backfired me 😂

Brilliant career overall. I really enjoyed it especially right after you announce the player.

Cheers Sandwich. My previous attempt at the 50/50 was with Pedri who i thought had better stats, but I think I used to look in the wrong areas. Pipi having 20 in dribbling and passing during the main years was important.

17 minutes ago, Aortic said:

What a career! 👏

Such a shame he won't play 1 final season and finish out the full 30 with you though. Retiring side by side.

Thanks. The lad will never escape me. Poor guy, haha.

30 minutes ago, Rob said:

Cheers Sandwich. My previous attempt at the 50/50 was with Pedri who i thought had better stats, but I think I used to look in the wrong areas. Pipi having 20 in dribbling and passing during the main years was important.

That’s very interesting. I always thought passing as the less important one. Maybe I should focus on it now

2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

That’s very interesting. I always thought passing as the less important one. Maybe I should focus on it now

Passing is important in assists challenge. Yet for some reason I used to focus on crossing and shooting for this. I dunno - I end up overthinking.

Awesome! Congrats mate, that's historic! First person to do a combined 1KC / Assists 1KC (at least as far as I'm aware). Can't believe you're playing on though, I'd be out of there like a shot.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Awesome! Congrats mate, that's historic! First person to do a combined 1KC / Assists 1KC (at least as far as I'm aware). Can't believe you're playing on though, I'd be out of there like a shot.

Thanks very much. I asked the Fox and he can’t remember anyone doing it. Utterly exhausting though. Totally agree on carrying on, but it’s so click and continue I managed to rattle through it.

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Sensational. Well done! 

Cheers Mr Tree. Took me long enough!

I knew it, i bloody knew it!!

I said it, i know i said because i was there when i said it!

Well effin done sir! What a career save and i shall give you a massive 👍👍

30 minutes ago, Woody said:

I knew it, i bloody knew it!!

I said it, i know i said because i was there when i said it!

Well effin done sir! What a career save and i shall give you a massive 👍👍

Thank you very much. Love that you were there in my virtual game. Or you were at the window watching me play. Either is weird - just in different ways.

34 minutes ago, Rob said:

Thank you very much. Love that you were there in my virtual game. Or you were at the window watching me play. Either is weird - just in different ways.

I was there, looking over you in spirit 😉

13 minutes ago, Woody said:

I was there, looking over you in spirit 😉

You were there, looking over me drinking spirits more like!

12 minutes ago, Mr B said:

Amazing stuff, great work Rob! 

Thanks Mr Berserker.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

You were there, looking over me drinking spirits more like!

Thanks Mr Berserker.

Clinging to the ceiling like Spiderman. 😂

Season 29 - The End

Pipi wouldn’t sign a new deal…

98A7D697-5504-4454-B709-0C1001155B5C.thumb.jpeg.f3485a50b5cc833f8dc9a8965df56ff3.jpeg

…so this was definitely his last season.

I switched back to my original tactic for the final season to try and balance goals and assists and Pipi did just that, signing off with 24 goals and 22 assists.

Spoiler

1AC8422C-A35E-43D9-A87C-A5AFEB43A85A.thumb.jpeg.99c07a20e859f7f36bedae71dd2ca077.jpeg09156689-7163-49D0-9697-F0DAC30866F4.thumb.jpeg.56502142c3c17841ff27ac8b9c3bac5d.jpeg66B6FCDC-9355-43E2-927A-1D47650A5E45.thumb.jpeg.d70881d0adc2be6349f6d9d4094dde84.jpeg1A5C14E6-9B9E-41B8-A754-D01F9AE2B92C.thumb.jpeg.29fc2e8ed1b2badcf245bca589763e3a.jpeg62E680E9-64F4-4CAD-B309-A090D0127439.thumb.jpeg.d58d282edd3dc64311b480f7f358461b.jpeg

Pipi ended with 1,174 goals and 1,053 assists. I’m pleased with that.

@FuddledFox, please may you add me to the leaderboards for the 1kc, assists, and 50/50 challenges?

You’d think I’d let him leave and escape my clutches, but I didn’t! Oh no, Pipi will never, ever escape me.

12006AB8-7A4C-40B6-8C22-39340FCB0881.thumb.jpeg.cd3b79205a4eaee02317f41f29daca5f.jpegFBB29E4F-F8C8-45D8-B93F-EA04933AB86D.thumb.jpeg.7efd77494ff82de22ada0c610ed5e6a0.jpeg

He’s now part of my staff and currently sleeps in my basement. He is mine forever!

Mwahahaah.

2B4DCBEB-5A25-4848-9A23-08440CBC04A3.thumb.jpeg.e3e87e6d4dc1c1632faa7fe36bc14cba.jpeg

Thanks for reading and I have really enjoyed and appreciated all the feedback. Thank you!

It's atop of my pile of fave careers this year. Epic.

Loved every second of it mate. Well done to Pipi for playing for what felt like an eternity. 😆

11 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Unbelievable achievement. Well done, Sir!

👏👏👏

Thank you. I’m knackered now!

11 hours ago, Woody said:

It's atop of my pile of fave careers this year. Epic.

Loved every second of it mate. Well done to Pipi for playing for what felt like an eternity. 😆

Cheers Woodster. I got through about ten seasons and started to wonder what he’s going to end up like in real life. I half want to send him a letter.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Awesome career Rob and some achievement. It’s been a a great follow 👏🏻

Thank you Rich. Very kind.

Great job mate, massive effort, will go down as one of the greatest careers ever. Bit scary about keeping him in your basement though... Who else do you have locked up down there? 🤣

EDIT: Hmm, anyone seen BatiGoal lately? Or Taff? Or Nucleus for that matter (assuming Rich is telling the truth that it's not him)? 

Edited by Scratch
9 hours ago, Rob said:

Thank you. I’m knackered now!

Cheers Woodster. I got through about ten seasons and started to wonder what he’s going to end up like in real life. I half want to send him a letter.

Go for it. With print outs of how his career went for you. Put him under pressure 😂

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

Great job mate, massive effort, will go down as one of the greatest careers ever. Bit scary about keeping him in your basement though... Who else do you have locked up down there? 🤣

EDIT: Hmm, anyone seen BatiGoal lately? Or Taff? Or Nucleus for that matter (assuming Rich is telling the truth that it's not him)? 

Thank you. I tend to keep them in separate zones. Pipi is west wing; then I have a ‘Vibe Legends’ wing with the aforementioned. 

24 minutes ago, Woody said:

Go for it. With print outs of how his career went for you. Put him under pressure 😂

That would be hilarious. I mean, anything less will surely be a disappointment.

Fantastic achievement here and must be a first for the forum as others have said.

It’s always surprising how much you can get out of them even after the physicals drop to one. Just a shame he hasn’t got a display picture so you could’ve put it into one of those age app things to get a better idea of what he’d look like at 45 😂

21 minutes ago, Ian said:

Fantastic achievement here and must be a first for the forum as others have said.

It’s always surprising how much you can get out of them even after the physicals drop to one. Just a shame he hasn’t got a display picture so you could’ve put it into one of those age app things to get a better idea of what he’d look like at 45 😂

Thanks Ian. That app thing would have been awesome, haha.

I recalled your Moises career a lot throughout and used it as a reason to carry on. You proved that a good tactic can get good results and I think a lot of that happened here, regardless of him turning in to a turd!

Bloody hell. What a thread. The best I think I’ve ever read through on here. What a magnificent achievement 👏

34 minutes ago, Jack said:

Bloody hell. What a thread. The best I think I’ve ever read through on here. What a magnificent achievement 👏

Thank you Jack, that’s incredibly appreciated.

On 21/05/2021 at 12:05, Scratch said:

Apologies to burst the bubble...

5 minutes ago, Joewins said:

Apologies to burst the bubble...

Absolutely no problem not being the first, but you could say ‘well done’ or something on someone’s career, especially since I did 29 seasons and wrote each season up, as opposed to quoting someone else’s comment and completely ignoring the main thread.

Still, your attempt only got two replies and wasn’t posted as a full career, so I’ve no doubt you don’t really understand etiquette and would accept most people’s skepticism when reading it.

Apologies, it wasn’t meant to be insensitive.

Your career was great, probably the best I’ve ever read on here and certainly the biggest achievement (I say so myself...). I’ve never done any more than a 1k on the goal scoring challenges so don’t know how hard a 1.5+ challenge is but mostly because I get bored after 1k. This challenge involves tinkering with tactics (in my case anyway) rather than finding a tactic and sitting on it. The rates towards the end get very slow and belief can wear thin so to me this is the hardest (plus I’m on about my 6th re-attempt currently with Wirtz and can’t repeat it).

in terms of skepticism of my career I think context should factor - I started on this site maybe 5 years ago when there was about 10 active members (there had been many before but at this time it was low). You could post a career (as i did) and maybe get 1 or 2 replies per season if lucky. I completed the career shortly after Dec had to post videos pleading with people to get involved on the site so had got used to a career thread being a hiding to nothing. Now I just post results rather than threads. Plus I spend long enough playing the blinking game to then spend more time writing about it.

Apologies again, best career ever.