Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Euro “2020” Discussion Thread

FuddledFox

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Doesn't he kind of have to do that to get us up the pitch due to how unmobile Kane is? Son does a similar job for Spurs. 

We can't get the ball to Sterling then have him pass it back to Kane in the centre circle 😛

Mane can be equally frustrating but if they win that duel they're in one hell of a position usually. 

Just frustrates me Ash. 😉

Kane is slow AF now and poses now threat at all. Clearly those ankle injuries have done him in. We need pace up from desperately

Can someone tell me why ings or vardy isn't playing?? Are they world class no! But there goals in prem count for something right! And not to mention vardy is fast as hell 

So England playing 8 defensive minded players  to start with against the Germans, how do you guys feel about that? 

2 hours ago, Plimmerz92 said:

Can someone tell me why ings or vardy isn't playing?? Are they world class no! But there goals in prem count for something right! And not to mention vardy is fast as hell 

Ings was/is injured and hasn't Vardy retired? I'd have took Ings if he was fit, I love him. 

God I hope City waste £150m on this Kane. Absolutely horrendous half. 

Midfielders booked, Philips lucky it was only a yellow n all. Saka has been excellent and Sterling lively, just wish we weren't playing with ten men. Yep 100% trying to jinx Kane into having a blinding second half. 

Germany getting through the midfield with ease though. 

48 minutes ago, Ashez said:

God I hope City waste £150m on this Kane. Absolutely horrendous half. 

Midfielders booked, Philips lucky it was only a yellow n all. Saka has been excellent and Sterling lively, just wish we weren't playing with ten men. Yep 100% trying to jinx Kane into having a blinding second half. 

Germany getting through the midfield with ease though. 

Sterling lively and people will still hate him after the goal 🤦‍♂️

People shitting on Sterling have an agenda imo, his record speaks for itself and he's carried us to the QF. Sterling has got grief all tournament yet Kane has largely had a free pass and he's been horrendous, no that goal doesn't make up for the rest of the tournament haha. 

Grealish was the game changer but the big moment was Muller's miss, like I said Germany were getting through the midfield with ease and that ball was on often.

I think Southgate lives or dies on Kane. He doesn't score today and Muller does and that's a serious conversation, today's goal buys time but I dunno how he's in the XI personally. I know he's good in both boxes and the one you want chances to fall to but he's been dreadful. Kane did nothing today and was injured yet was left on, okay it paid off today but it has to keep paying off or big questions will be asked, especially with the options we have. 

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

People shitting on Sterling have an agenda imo, his record speaks for itself and he's carried us to the QF. Sterling has got grief all tournament yet Kane has largely had a free pass and he's been horrendous, no that goal doesn't make up for the rest of the tournament haha. 

Grealish was the game changer but the big moment was Muller's miss, like I said Germany were getting through the midfield with ease and that ball was on often.

I think Southgate lives or dies on Kane. He doesn't score today and Muller does and that's a serious conversation, today's goal buys time but I dunno how he's in the XI personally. I know he's good in both boxes and the one you want chances to fall to but he's been dreadful. Kane did nothing today and was injured yet was left on, okay it paid off today but it has to keep paying off or big questions will be asked, especially with the options we have. 

Does Kane's record not matter though? 🤔

I don't care either way like but if a half chance falls to any player in that England squad surely its Kane you want on the end of it?

1 minute ago, Dai_ said:

Does Kane's record not matter though? 🤔

I don't care either way like but if a half chance falls to any player in that England squad surely its Kane you want on the end of it?

Like the one in the first half? :P

But that's basically what I just said 😂. I understand all that but he needs to offer more, so many times we broke but had noone in the box as he was behind the play and with that midfield we have no runners. 

One time Sterling cut in, Kane was on on the edge of the box but Kane runs into Sterling's path. Either demand the ball on the edge of the box or be in the box, don't get in the way. 

He's the captain strolling around like he doesn't care or isn't fit. He should play for sure but I dunno how he's seeing these games out when he's basically doing nothing. 

A goal today potentially saved his tournament though. Let's see how he does Saturday. 

23 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Agree, but it’s also the substitution of Grealish and not just Grealish himself. Southgate did it at the right time and his overlapping wingbacks did the business. Yet again he made the right options. 

For me this England team is far, far more likeable than most we’ve had in the past. I’m a big fan of teams who are rock solid at the back, will give everything for each other and put everything on the line to win. Shortage of goals don’t matter if you aren’t conceding any. Who cares about “attractive” football and tiki taka. With that in mind it’s a shame about the second goal as I had us down as the main candidate to win it the proper way and 1-0 1-0 1-0 1-0 our way to the 🏆

image.thumb.jpeg.f6bad21e05161762388973a8af58cc3c.jpeg

Vardy did retire sadly, have in the team over Kane on his current form , worse thing is England have become Spurs totally relying on Kane and have no replacement for him in the squad.

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

I really hate the fact that we’ve been shitting on Southgate a lot just for him to reach another quarter final 😂

That's the curse of the Premier League though isn't it? We get the pleasure of watching the likes of Klopp and Pep every week, yet it's defences that win ITN titles. You rarely see successful ITN teams go all out attack and you never hear about the defensive Premier League teams unless they're struggling or get a big scalp. 

Someone at work moaning about Sterling.......Like what the hell, we are where we are because of him. He's the one to have stepped up. 

"That Sterling annoys me, he's so selfish and never passes the ball" 

"Who's he got to pass to? Kane is often behind him, the midfielders don't break forward too often so he's doing it himself or passing it to the fullback." 

"............" 

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

That's the curse of the Premier League though isn't it? We get the pleasure of watching the likes of Klopp and Pep every week, yet it's defences that win ITN titles. You rarely see successful ITN teams go all out attack and you never hear about the defensive Premier League teams unless they're struggling or get a big scalp. 

Someone at work moaning about Sterling.......Like what the hell, we are where we are because of him. He's the one to have stepped up. 

"That Sterling annoys me, he's so selfish and never passes the ball" 

"Who's he got to pass to? Kane is often behind him, the midfielders don't break forward too often so he's doing it himself or passing it to the fullback." 

"............" 

My frustrations with him are he keeps the ball too much sometimes. But i hold my hands up when i'm wrong and despite one or two instances he has been excellent. 

Last night though Phillips for me was awesome and him and Rice made it really difficult for Germany to get space to create.

Fair play to you English, you played fantastic, got a huge chance of at least getting to the final now. I do wish you had a Newcastle player at least playing so I could try and get behind you, but I just can’t 😂

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Fair play to you English, you played fantastic, got a huge chance of at least getting to the final now. 😂

If we don't make the final then surely that's a failure at this point? 

Don't get me wrong it's alot to do but we couldn't have asked for an easier route. I was wary of Sweden but now it's Ukraine I feel we have to win that. 

Denmark are playing for more and I wouldn't write off the Czech's but that's a fixture we should win. Especially at home with a crowd behind us.

I won't go as far as saying we should win the Euro's but we surely have to make the final now? Imagine going out now with this route? Just hope the players don't go Billy big bollocks and think it'll be easy or bottle such an opportunity. 

Champions are those that peak later in the competition usually and we've not peaked yet.......😂

Ukraine will be a pain as they’ll sit back. Interesting to see what Southgate chooses as the team for that one. He’s chosen smartly and uniquely for each game so far.

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

Ukraine will be a pain as they’ll sit back. Interesting to see what Southgate chooses as the team for that one. He’s chosen smartly and uniquely for each game so far.

I’m afraid Zinchenko is going to score a hattrick 

The fact that Michael Oliver is the English refereeing representative at this tournament really says it all about the state of officiating in this country. That’s an absolute belter of a tackle and he potentially ruins the game by having a guess and sending him off.

19 minutes ago, samhardy said:

The fact that Michael Oliver is the English refereeing representative at this tournament really says it all about the state of officiating in this country. That’s an absolute belter of a tackle and he potentially ruins the game by having a guess and sending him off.

I don't understand why VAR didn't correct it. It was a clear & obvious error after all.

Slide tackles will be banned soon, ffs.

4-0 and Kane's still on the pitch, seems a brave decision when we know he's made of glass. Thankfully however he's turned up tonight and performed brilliantly, a match that suited him to the ground, fair play to him. Amazed we've not protected him with a sub though. 

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

4-0 and Kane's still on the pitch, seems a brave decision when we know he's made of glass. Thankfully however he's turned up tonight and performed brilliantly, a match that suited him to the ground, fair play to him. Amazed we've not protected him with a sub though. 

I'd be wanting the hat trick if I was Kane, but I'm very surprised Gareth hasn't brought him off yet

Never mind

Edited by Aaron Thornton
He brought Kane off

Yeah just as I posted it DCL appeared 😂. Just would have thought he'd have came off with the other subs. I understand wanting the hattrick but when you're that injury prone I'd wrap him in cotton wool haha. 

A game like this where we don't need mobility and pace on the break as we're in control he's excellent. Two brilliant poacher goals and he's linked up better today imo. So I'd expect he'll be important in the semis. 

If we get to the final against Spain or Italy though when they'll keep the ball more imo, that's when I worry about Kane.