Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Challenge Cup 6

Guys I'm kinda whacking myself...

My only striker is Adam Taggart and that AMFRC, but that AMFRC is my only right winger minus Kewell...

Heskey got injured so I've got nobody :/ (I have 6 or 7 strikers btw, I guess I could promote that 3stam striker :P)

OMFG FAST FORWARD 4 days...

"Taggart is injured for 3 weeks"

:D

3 Stam Striker time :)

I had Heskey the whole time apart from 2 weeks ;), Kewell was a nightmare though :@

I had Heskey the whole time apart from 2 weeks ;), Kewell was a nightmare though :@

Kewell just got injured... So did Jesic

All boils down to my half-recovered Griffiths to hold it all together. Instead my APM duo did it all :P and Griffiths was subbed off for another mid :)

Oh uh, no right backs now looool

AS quote the challenge again as it's rather far back atm, i was going to do it myself but i thought i'd best leave it to you :D

Alright lads? Welcome to the opening round of the 6th version of the all famous Challenge Cup. This'll be many members first time playing this competition and they'll be hoping to the join the exclusive group of Challenge Cup winners.. Also, there are members who have competed in a few of these and have still failed to win (Ashez springs to mind ^_^) . So good luck to you all.

How's this round going to work?

Well, I will set one challenge for all 23 members to complete. Then everyone will PM me their scores and the top 18 will advance into the second round. The 5 who fail to score enough points will be eliminated from the competition.

The Challenge:

newcastle_jets_thumb.jpg

I didn't want to do anything hard to start, so the challenge is just to manage Newcastle United Jets. The only rule will be that you can spend no money at all. You can sign loans and frees as you please. Shadow players are not allowed. The only thing you have to worry about is scoring enough points to finish in the top 18.

Point system:

League points total

Goal Difference added on

Winning the Major Finals (20 points)

finishing top 6 but not winning Finals (10 points)

failing to come top 6 (-20 points)

Deadline:

You have until 11:59pm Monday 24th June.

This seems harder than I thought, was meant to be easy :lol:

Um it's not that hard, if I were allowed to play 4 Centre backs and 2 wingbacks I'd do it- Just Heskey up top and a few midfielders and I'd conceed like 2 goals all season thanks to my epic free 40 yo defenders with like 17 in heading, tackling, positioning and decisions :D (oh and all the newcastle guys on IT are quite nice).

Basically injuries mean I win 2-0 or 1-0 or 2-1 or get that bs 1-1 draw when they have 1 shot and I have like 17 opposed to 5-0 thrashing :D

The only real loss that I can't blame on anything is my 2nd round 3-1 loss to Central Coast....

Does that mean I have to fullscore this? :P

Am I right in thinking that we don't have to worry about being over the wage budget?

And you have to edit the challenge if shadows aren't allowed :P

Played 7: Won Six, Drawn 1.

Heskey is amazing, but the brother of Joel Griffiths is amazing too. :D

Played 7: Won Six, Drawn 1.

Heskey is amazing, but the brother of Joel Griffiths is amazing too. :D

:/ I'm only pulling like a 60% win rate cos Heskey and all my forwards (literally) keep getting injured :/

First game of my season.

Not bad though it could've been a higher tally.

4lRHtup.png?1

Feel free to tell me whether this is good or bad. I lack Aussie-experience :P

Lol I haven't finished yet but Heskey is out for 9 months! Waaaaah.

But I have an amazing striker called Zachary something that I signed for free it's just a shame that he can't play with Heskey.

I'm using the firendlies as a test of my PSP tactics from last year to see how good they are on iOS :P

Not trying to sound like a douche or anything.

But do we seriously need a play-by-play update on your careers?

All you are doing is making pages of pointless posts making it harder to actually read legitimate comments from people who may need help or have a question.

Again, not trying to be a douche.

I haven't read the past challenge cups. So I don't know if this is what happens in every challenge cup. So, sorry if this is some sort of "thing" that you guys do when competing. 

Nothing really wrong with it Kyle, just so they can let People know how they're going. I agree with what you're saying though mate :)

I do agree it's getting a bit spam heavy but it's all mind games mate ;)

No I understand an update here and there lol

But I'm talking about an update literally every 3 ingame months lol

It's something to deal with I guess.

I can.

Guys, I'm a ninja in real life. if you don't stop. I'll ninja my way to your house and steal your keyboards..

I'm going to start this in a day or two. Gotta update transfers :)(i'm not using them in-game, don't worry.)

I can.

Guys, I'm a ninja in real life. if you don't stop. I'll ninja my way to your house and steal your keyboards..

I'm going to start this in a day or two. Gotta update transfers :)(i'm not using them in-game, don't worry.)

We don't need running commentry mate! :P

hahahahaha

I can.

Kyle, I thought you were a Marine, not a Ninja :P Or are American Marines now called Ninjas? :)

I'm not in the Military at all.

I was training to be a Navy Seal on my own time lol. I'm mimicking their training so I can be better prepared for when I do join :P

Navy seal/ninja.. same thing.

I can.

Good luck getting to my place. It's a few thousand kilometres away :)

lol I live in the USA.

Plus, you don't think something as simple as a plane ticket couldn't be bought :P

Back on topic though.

AS, if everyone puts in their entries before the 24th, and you're just waiting on me. Let me know. I don't want everyone waiting on me for too long.

I'd rather read about how people are doing in the challenge instead of ninjas and navy seals <_<

I find navy seals quite interesting because of their nice whiskers that prolonge their....

Yeah guys get to the point.