Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Ashez And His Double Goal Challenge:

Ashez

Ashez And His Double Goal Challenge:

Part One:

Welcome to my latest career, many of you would have seen i've been dropping hints here and there about doing a one thousand goal challenge, however i missed out a little twist i added to the challenge. The twist will be revealed later on in this update because i'd like to begin with a nice treat for you guys, the history of me and the challenge this year.

Ashez And The 1KC On 2014:

The most asked question i must have faced this year is when will i be doing a one thousand goal challenge as many of you guys expected me to have done one by now. The reason for the delay was i'd basically done it all before and the only motivation for doing one again was so i could say i've completed it on 2014. At the start of 2014 i had problems with the game in general and if i'm honest if it wasn't for Vibe and the community i would have stopped playing the game all together, by the time i got to grips with the game the January update came out and all my hard work had been wasted. It was then i decided i would try and push the game to the limits which was shown by my Ronaldo and Messi double trouble attempt which can be found in the careers forum, even now i'm still trying to push the game with my current holidayed one thousand goal challenge. 

Anyway my problems and my desire to push the game never meant i never attempted the one thousand goal challenge and it was always in the back of my mind, especially as it became much harder this year, in this first section of my opening post we'll be looking at the attempts i had and the reasons why i dropped the save or why it failed.

Attempt One:

The New ShevKa:

Members still here from the beginning of the year will remember my first career of 2014, in this career i attempted to match the achievements of two of the greatest players of all time, Kaka and most importantly Andriy Shevchenko. When i came up with the save originally it was planned as a "hidden" one thousand goal challenge where i was aiming to hit the bench mark without anyone really noticing as well as hitting the targets outlined in the career thread. The player i chosen was none other than Ukraine's wing wizard Andriy Yarmolenko, this added an extra challenge to the game as Yarmolenko wasn't a natural forward and he refused to retrain for the role.

2CnpRh7.png

That screen shot was taken from season eight of the challenge which ended up being the final one, Yarmolenko had potential of completing the challenge but inconsistency was his main problem. One season he banged in a remarkable 70 goals but the next he struggled to break 50, it was due to this that the idea was scrapped and i continued in my search.

Attempt Two:

An African Power House:

The second serious attempt i had was with the African power house Khouma Babacar as he's one of my all time favourite in game strikers. Back in the day Babacar and Lukuka stole the show as cheap superstars and i've always wanted to use him for the challenge, especially as no one has managed to complete the challenge with an African.

G6uO31Y.png

Such a monstrous beauty! However that image also shows the first problem i encountered, i had chosen FC Porto as my club. Around this time no one was using FCP on Vibe and i thought it would be fun but by the time i had actually got into the save Vibe was over run by saves from the Portuguese city and in my quest to be original i lost interest in the save. This was a massive shame as Babacar had a fantastic debut season for me smashing in a respectable 78 goals in 53 games! Due to the problems just mentioned i left the save for a while to see if the FCP hype would die down, when it finally did i returned to the save only for an injury hit season to ruin my fantastic start.

CbFi54j.png

Not bad going at all but he never felt like the same beast after his injury troubles, i somewhat regret giving up on this save but i do have plans for Babaca in the future.

Attempt Three:

Facing Brazil:

Brazil is a fantastic country to manage in if you have the desire and appetite to put up with long and grueling seasons, unfortunately i didn't have this desire but it didn't stop me playing a few seasons. A while ago while looking for candidates for the challenge and finding players to include in my 16 year old strikers guide i came across Saullo.

XbB9It9.png

Saullo really caught my attention and he got me excited to play the game but Brazil wore me down fast! If you haven't had a long term save in Brazil it's hard to explain how hard it is to play but after my long save there last year for my double one thousand goal challenge i knew i didn't have the stomach for the save, i did also find out someone else was using him in Brazil which mustn't have worked out. Leaving this save was a massive shame though as he had a massive first season for the club for someone his age.

Sya9RNW.png

Everyone knows you can score for fun in the cups in Brazil but he also got a respectable total in the league, maybe if he scored slightly more and he was less frustrating i would have continued but for now Saullo is the two thousand goal candidate i can not face.

Attempt Four:

The French Ranger:

Every now and then i get fixed on a save for example i completed my Ronaldo one thousand goal challenge within a week! This year it's happened twice, with my CR7+LM10 double trouble challenge and with this, my French Ranger 1kc attempt. Was i using Nile Ranger in France i hear you cry? Don't be bloody stupid i was using a French wonder kid at Rangers!

YeA0L24.png

Neal is a young striker i'm sure all of you are familiar with, this 16 year old wonder kid has been mentioned a few times but he's never gone on to complete the challenge. After my extremely fun and clever 1kc last year using Paterson and Rangers i decided to try it again, as i've said before using a class team in a poor league is guaranteed goals so playing as Rangers in the lower leagues of Scotland is awesome! This was an extremely fun save to play as it was goals galore and chasing down Celtic is more fun than people would let on, the problem was Neal grew to fast for the club and he left on a free transfer, or he agreed to and signed a new deal on the same day so he was glitched at Rangers. I could have continued as he could never leave the club but it felt cheap so i ditched the save. I was bitterly disappointed as i was really enjoying the save and Maupay was doing great.

G560n0x.png

He never really set the world alight but he was doing enough, he struggled a little bit when we reached the Scottish Premier League but that was down to the quality of my squad more than him struggling. This was the last 1kc i played for a long while as it left a sickening taste in my mouth to be enjoying a save so much but having to bin it due to a glitch. Then again ditching it may have been one of my best decisions as i started playing CR7+LM10 shortly after this save. 

Honorable Mentions:

These were more test saves than anything but i thought i'd share them briefly.

1. Nikola Kalinic - Always loved him as he was class on the PSP version, i always used to sign him from Blackburn. I left this save mainly because i was playing in Holland and i just didn't enjoy it, it was also an early mess around and he felt too old for the current gen

2. Konstantinos Mitroglou - Months before he was on the radar of Fulham i was testing him and i found he pretty solid scoring a goal a game but he never really caught my attention.

3. Diego Goncalves - A cheap Brazilian striker who really impressed me, the problem was i was Sporting during the Portugal love fest

4. Richario Zivkovic - Too obvious

5. Ishak Belodil - The perfect candidate but playing as Inter made me want to play as AC Milan which lead to my Shekva career.

6. Dolly Menga - A solid little striker but i had him on a league which was too difficult.

And a few more uninteresting ones.

That really brings me up to now, i've had other attempts which i didn't even bother keeping the information for but these four were the ones i've kept and enjoyed the most. The problem has always been FMH offers so many options that sticking to a save you're not committed to can be hard, especially when you think of all the other careers i've posted on here and the fact i took part in the Challenge Cup. Looking back at them now Saullo is tempting me back but i know i have no interest in managing in Brazil any time soon while I love Babacar so i think he might get some attention in the future, as long as my idea is do able with the new database system.

That's it for part one as i don't want the above effort ignored due to me revealing my challenge so i've decided to split this opening posts into two sections, the next section will reveal my latest challenge, the ideas and workings out behind it and various other details.

Thank you for viewing and i hope you enjoyed this insight into the life of Ashez and his beloved 1kc, i never intended to do the opening post like this but after the support you've shown me over the years i decided you guys deserved something a little extra so hopefully you liked it.

It took a lot of effort putting this together so please remember to leave a comment, as always i'd be happy to answer your questions while feel free to guys what my challenge is going to be.

Part two will be posted later today (comments depending) or tomorrow, thank you for your time.

Sounds interesting, the save with Neal Maupay looked fantastic with 253 goals, pity you left the save. good luck.

As i said i was gutted giving that save up, that's always the risk using a good player in a poor league though, i just couldn't get out of Scotland to sign him for someone else in time.

Blimey, you're certainly a busy man when it comes to FMH :)

Looking forward to hearing the details of your next challenge.

I play alot of FMH lol, that lot is nothing compared to all my test saves haha.

Thanks, i hope you guys like it :P.

Always loved your 1KCs :D can't wait to see what the challenge is! :)

Thanks Tom :D

Why wait for later if you can post the second section now? :P

I had to pop out for abit and didn't have time to finish it off, part two will also be rather long i think as i have alot to say :P

such a long intro.. i feel cheated! Where is the challenge :P

nice write up mate

ps: Ziv maybe be obvious but try and get him strong.. what a hell of challenge :O

The challenge will be here soon :P, Ziv has too high of a PA for me, outside of Ronaldo i've not used many world class players for the 1kc, i much rather a challenging ride picking a striker i found myself etc. Don't think i've even used many -9's tbh :P

About to work on some content then depending how i feel after that i might update here as i have some free time :D

Also thank you to whoever game me a like, it means alot :D

I'm going to leave it to chance, i'm going to watch the match now and if my missus isn't back by full time i'll update tonight :P

Ashez' Double Goal Challenge:

Part Two:

In the first part of my opening post we took a walk down memory lane and i let you guys have a rare insight into how i go about the one thousand goal challenge. In this second part we will be looking at the twist i've added to the challenge and the way i plan to go about playing the save.

How Does A 1KC Become A Double Goal Challenge?

A question you guys never asked or even tried to work out, well the answer is simple! A few years back i tried to do a double goal challenge which saw me attempt the one thousand goal challenge at club level and the international goal challenge with separate strikers, i managed to complete the international part of the challenge with ease but unfortunately the club side failed due to a broken leg. However as i've just finished posting an international career surely i've not gone that route again? Well i haven't, that was just some back ground for those of you still reading.

If you think about the challenges on Vibe you'll notice there are three popular ones, the one thousand goal challenge, the Atletico Madrid challenge and MM's Double trouble challenge, which leads me onto the club i shall be using.

My Club:

atletiko_madrid_ispaniya_old_logo3.png

I am indeed playing as the mighty Atletico Madrid! After my save with Messi and Ronaldo at Real i had an itch to continue playing in Spain, as i'm not a fan of Barcelona, Atletico were the natural choice. As you may have noticed i said i picked this club by choice, this isn't an Atletico Madrid challenge!

Good curve ball hay lads? Anyone moving on this leaves us with the double trouble challenge and the already revealed one thousand goal challenge. Last year i achieved something magical as Niang and Mayi completed the double trouble challenge in style scoring 1000 goals each! This save will forever be in my heart as it was a joy to play and the feeling at the end of it was just pure bliss. As i'm not one to redo old ideas i'm obviously not planning on a two thousand goal challenge, but i am indeed going to attempt the Double Trouble one!

The Plan:

I spent a few weeks doing tests with a certain striker to be sure he was the man i wanted to break my 2014 1kc virginity, however in these tests he rarely impressed me! Test after test and i still wasn't hooked, i wasn't sure if this was because the challenge was too simple for me after the madness of my CR7+LM10 career or what. Then it hit me, i was frustrated! I was frustrated that after all my hard work on that save i failed to beat the double trouble challenge, whilst thinking about this i also recalled that the 1kc candidate in question performed much better as a back up on that save than he was in my current tests. There was only one solution, he needed a partner!

Once i decided i was going for a front two the double trouble challenge became the top priority but as i set out to do a 1kc to begin with a basic double trouble didn't seem right. While doing some tests for the second striker i thought about doing the challenge in a different way to everyone else, most people set out to have two strikers scoring the goals with the rough aim of them scoring 600 each. As i had a two up front tactic and i wanted one of those strikers to score 1000 goals i decided that one of my strikers would be there in support of my 1kc candidate!

Which leads me onto the challenge, striker one will be going for the 1000 goals while striker two will be there to help and assist aiming to score the remaining 200 needed. Nothing overly exciting or game breaking but a unique way to play a classic challenge. 

In short a 1kc turns into a double goal challenge when you're doing the double trouble challenge at the same time!

The Strikers:

000_Castillo.jpg?1383646212

Nicolas Castillo:

No great surprise here as i've hardly hidden the fact i was using him and i did in fact tell you i was in my CR7+LM10 updates. This 20 year old Chilian plays his trade in Belgium but a cool five million pounds sent him on his way to Madrid. Castillo's job is to score the 1000 goals and i'm sure he'll give it his best!

300px-A077405ff039421d0795d52c51559bec.j

Eldin:

Eldin is a natural attacking midfielder who can also play on the wings but most importantly up front, he'll be the perfect link up man for Castillo! As he's natural an advanced playmaker he should have no problems slotting in as a DLF! Interestingly i've just found my first mistake of 2014, on FMH it says he's only Spanish but according to reports he declared his desire to play for Bosnia.

Now the strikers and the club have been revealed it's time to look at the formation i will be using.

The Formation:

LoY4VIa.png

I had a lot of fun coming up with this formation and i have to admit it works well. The wing backs offer width to the otherwise narrow formation while the DMC protects the back four, moving forward you'll find a CM sat behind an advanced playmaker and partnering the central midfielder you'll find another advanced playmaker. The plan is that the dmc and cm will always have a creative presence to pass the ball to, however due to the structure of this formation the best players must be used if you want success. The front partnership is where the magic happens, Castillo is your typical goal hungry poacher while Eldin will play as a deep lying forward linking up play and creating space for Castillo to abuse, goals galore!

Closing Statement:

I think that's everything i wanted to say and i have a feeling i started to waffle so i'll leave it at that. This challenge should be something unique to Vibe as it's taking on a completely different approach to the ones used by most and i'm attempting two challenges in one. I could have done a basic one thousand goal challenge or even another double trouble challenge but i felt like mixing things up which leaves me with my double goal challenge. I really hope you enjoyed reading this and i'm sorry if i bored you, i just thought it would be good for you guys to see some of the processes i go through creating this careers for you guys. 

Thank you for reading and please remember to leave a comment :D.

The challenge will be here soon :P, Ziv has too high of a PA for me, outside of Ronaldo i've not used many world class players for the 1kc, i much rather a challenging ride picking a striker i found myself etc. Don't think i've even used many -9's tbh :P

Good luck on the challenge, I like how you choose not to do it too easy for you, like doing an international goal challenge with a player who can't get a game at club level.

@DB: Cheers mate

@Scott: Only if i pull it off, you haven't seen Eldin's stats haha

@Danne: Jese wasn't intentional but i do like challenges which are challenging, i like pushing my creativity and you guys seem to enjoy it :).

@Peely: Let's hope so :)

All this aim on the 1KC has made me think about it, I've thought of a career I'd like to do if I can get FMH to work on my phone without other stuff messing up and now I'm thinking of putting a 1KC in it too now aha, so looking forward to this mate as always ;)

@Tom: Cheers mate, i duno if he did tbh but he's not really the type of player to catch your eye if i'm honest.

@Prize: Cheers, simple is best :P

@Franco: You've caught my attetion, good luck! Thanks for the comments.

Castillo! and Eldin...

Been looking forward to this, glad you decided to post even though Eldin let you down and you failed horribly :lol:

Castillo! and Eldin...

Been looking forward to this, glad you decided to post even though Eldin let you down and you failed horribly :lol:

Btw that was no spoiler, I'm referring to what a prat Eldin was for me when I had him for a whole 6 months :lol:

@Leroy: You have no faith in Eldin?

@AS: Cheers mate

@Leroy: Everyone will love Eldin

@Affan: He sure can :)

@CH: It's all explained in my second opening post.

Ashez And His Double Goal Challenge:

Transfers:

UGxhByu.png

NWYq4cX.png

Nothing really major apart from the arrival of my challengers and a few other players i enjoyed using last year.

Season One Review:

yAdngVZ.png

A decent first season winning two out of the four competitions.

League:

xaxvYik.png

Barcelona blew us away but it was nice to finish above Real, the problem was we conceded too many and scored too few, hopefully we can address this problem as the save goes on.

Spanish Super Cup:

4jo3e2C.png

We get the job done at home but Eldin shows his potential early on with an important goal.

CDR:

Y6dZ0Sy.png

A former Wigan and West Ham player scores the winner against Barcelona! Barca may have won the league but we got the better of them in both cup finals, it also gives my strikers an extra two games to play next season.

Assists:

Zy7lXP6.png

Koke is leading the way, hopefully he turns into an assist challenge candidate, actually he best had do as he was the key reason for me being Atletico!

Manager Profile:

uA7sCAS.png

A slow start but two trophies is two trophies.

The Main Event:

Castillo:

World Player Of The Year:

AVLdJXx.png

A fantastic start!

Stats:

espCIuG.png

Such a sexy talent, surely he will go far!

Results:

9nIaGpg.png

A slow start but i'm sure he can improve, he's only young after all.

Eldin:

Stats:

2a1Zjn2.png

He's awesome, right?

Results:

I6HMzTh.png

Goal wise i was more than happy with his contribution but i had hoped for more assists, but like Castillo he can only improve.

Totals:

The One Thousand Goal Challenge:

Played: 56

Scored: 50

The Double Trouble Challenge:

Played: 103

Scored: 64

A decent start to the challenge but at this rate it'll take twenty seasons! Neither player has that in them so i need to hope they start scoring more as the seasons progress. Or have a made a terrible mistake being greedy and trying to do two challenges at once?

Before i go i have to say thank you for the support  my first two posts got, sometimes you guys blow me away and you always remind me why i go that extra mile to produce content for you. 

As always thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment.