Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Dec

4 hours ago, Alari said:

If the engine was so bad then why do you consider that the last decent game?

The OME is your quick text based engine that you want. It sacrifices realism for speed to a degree and to have a quick engine on older devices that is a necessary tradeoff. The EME on very fast (whether on comm only setting or pitch) runs as fast as the device can handle. On newer iOS devices it is as fast as the OME.

iPhone 6 isn't considered as a newer device I guess?

Never heard of that but could that mean we'll have a few pre season tournaments?? would be cool tbh but pre season as it is now is decent already and isnt a main thing  that needed the upgrade

I must applaud FMM team for making me pumped about a upcoming release.

Might even stay up to dive in right away, something I haven't done since vanilla WOW some 10+ years ago.

Kudos to you all

4 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

Never heard of that but could that mean we'll have a few pre season tournaments?? would be cool tbh but pre season as it is now is decent already and isnt a main thing  that needed the upgrade

Would you say that would be a noteworthy thing for them to announce? I think so. I reckon it is just an Easter Egg as it is their cup.

1 hour ago, Alari said:

For our purposes i suspect the N5 will be slightly faster but can't confirm. It has no SD card slot which to me would be a dealbreaker for a personal device as I need my music with but that may not be a concern to you.

Just ran a match EME commentary only (very fast) on the N5 here and it took 1 min 40 seconds, the commentary was reasonably snappy but still just readable.

I actually have both phones. The Samsung is my work phone. But since I have two separate Google accounts I would prefer to buy the game from the account on the best phone. :)

Off-topic, my Nexus is the main phone and although it has no sd card slot, I have a Spotify family account and my carrier ignores Spotify traffic.

@Ashez, do you recall how long it takes for a match to finish with the OME?

2 minutes ago, Archie Graveluth said:

I actually have both phones. The Samsung is my work phone. But since I have two separate Google accounts I would prefer to buy the game from the account on the best phone. :)

Off-topic, my Nexus is the main phone and although it has no sd card slot, I have a Spotify family account and my carrier ignores Spotify traffic.

@Ashez, do you recall how long it takes for a match to finish with the OME?

It's not all about the actual speed even though that has increased over the years. (Top my head 2013 was fastest, I know it's been looked at before anyway.) It feels slower by it's nature. 

That could be and likely is device related and I'll take that on the chin but speed is just one of my many issues with the EME. This is just the one jumped on as it's got an easy excuse and all those issues are the reason why I'm not putting down couple hundred notes to play a £8 game I don't enjoy. Simple really. 

3 minutes ago, skulture said:

I hope there aren't more microtransactions in the game than last year. It's a sketchy business model, I want it out of my favorite game series.

We aren't making anything 'reliant' on purchasing which is required to be competitive in the game or such - this is a specific stance I've taken with the games design since its original conception on mobile devices.

Also its worth mentioning that vast majority of purchasable content in the game can also be unlocked through gameplay - so its entirely up to each individual if they want to go that route or be slightly more impatient and purchase things outright.

Edited by Marc Vaughan
4 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

We aren't making anything 'reliant' on purchasing which is required to be competitive in the game or such - this is a specific stance I've taken with the games design since its original conception on mobile devices.

Also its worth mentioning that vast majority of purchasable content in the game can also be unlocked through gameplay - so its entirely up to each individual if they want to go that route or be slightly more impatient and purchase things outright.

But the ingame edior was a microtransaction last year? That isn't a game mechanic that can be unlocked right?  

But I'm glad you don't want microtransactions for "fluid" items ingame. That would ruin the entire experience.

6 minutes ago, skulture said:

But the ingame edior was a microtransaction last year? That isn't a game mechanic that can be unlocked right? 

A game mechanic to me is something which is an inherent part of gameplay - the editor isn't really part of the gameplay, its like a 'God switch' to allow people to change things within the game.

I realize that you might see this as a nuance - but to me its important, I feel that the vast majority of people happily enjoy the game without it being editable and in all honesty I think for some people its more enjoyable without the editor (as if you have it then you always have the urge to cheat ... at least I do ;) ).

Edited by Marc Vaughan
3 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

A game mechanic to me is something which is an inherent part of gameplay - the editor isn't really part of the gameplay, its like a 'God switch' to allow people to change things within the game.

I realize that you might see this as a nuance - but to me its important, I feel that the vast majority of people happily enjoy the game without it being editable and in all honesty I think for some people its more enjoyable without the editor (as if you have it then you always have the urge to cheat ... at least I do ;) ).

It's a godmode pretty much, but after a while I only used it to change names and nationalities (sometimes I missed a new player so I could edit him right in)

If you see your savefile as savefile~ it just looks like you're a giant cheat ;) 

@Marc Vaughan Why was the Brazilian league taken out? Why couldn't there be a Brazilian, Turkish and Polish league, if that would have been possible? And how has the omission of the Brazilian league affected playing South American international teams?

Just now, JAY LEAF said:

@Marc Vaughan Why was the Brazilian league taken out? Why couldn't there be a Brazilian, Turkish and Polish league, if that would have been possible? And how has the omission of the Brazilian league affected playing South American international teams?

This is due to licensing. FIFA has suffered the same

4 minutes ago, JAY LEAF said:

I'm not in a position where I can give a full in depth explanation I'm afraid (I'm a game designer and don't know the exact legal in and outs of such things) - but I do know that we aren't the only company whose games have had to remove the Brazilian league.

With regards to South American international teams, there are actually more international teams available to manage in FMM2017 than in any previous version of FMM ... any nation with over a specific number of players (I think its 50 but I'll need to check) is now manageable.

(I'll take a look once I've finished my FA Cup match against Man City, its 2-2 at half time ... I'm Brighton :D )

Edited by Marc Vaughan
27 minutes ago, gverlooy said:

Will the game be playable on an iPhone 4? Temporary device, planning to buy an iPhone SE this week.

Yeah but it won't be the nicest I have to say.

Before or after the release of the game, will there be a list of the new nations we can play as?

Small Database and multi-league - Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Columbia, Denmark, England, France, Holland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Northern Ireland, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, Scotland, Senegal, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Uruguay, Wales

Large Database and multi-league - Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Cameroon, Columbia, Croatia, Denmark, England, France, Ghana, Holland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Morocco, Northern Ireland, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Senegal, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Uruguay, Wales

I've bolded the nations which I think are only present when running 'large' with this configuration - please note I've done this by hand because you asked and its not an 'official' list ... just what I've seen quickly starting new games here now, as such exact nations may vary according to leagues selected don't take this as Gospel, this was purely how it is here for me with Australia and a few European leagues selected ... you might find some others are available with certain league selections.

(in other words - I'm trying to help, please don't shout if things differ slightly when you start your game - ok? ;) )

Edited by Marc Vaughan
1 hour ago, marnixg said:

iPhone 6 isn't considered as a newer device I guess?

Our most recent test on iPhone 6 showed it running EME faster than OME on V Fast.

2 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Small Database and multi-league - Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Columbia, Denmark, England, France, Holland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Northern Ireland, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, Scotland, Senegal, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Uruguay, Wales

Large Database and multi-league - Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Cameroon, Columbia, Croatia, Denmark, England, France, Ghana, Holland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Morocco, Northern Ireland, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Senegal, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Uruguay, Wales

I've bolded the nations which I think are only present when running 'large' with this configuration - please note I've done this by hand and its not an 'official' list ... just what I've seen quickly starting new games here now, as such exact nations may vary according to leagues selected don't take this as Gospel, this was purely how it is here for me with Australia and a few European leagues selected.

Nice! Big improvement there, wonder why PR didn't want to mention that?

2 minutes ago, Vaile23 said:

Nice! Big improvement there, wonder why PR didn't want to mention that?

There's actually a couple more than that depending on the configuration but I'm not giving any more away - have to find out for yourselves ;) There isn't actually an official list as it's decided on the fly at game setup depending on the # of players.

Sometimes there are particularly strict legal criteria as to what we can use in PR material, or maybe they just decided it wasn't what they want to run with.

Edited by Alari

Feature wise this is basically everything I've ever wanted. I've been after footedness and African teams for as long as I can remember. Overjoyed they are on the game at long last. Well done lads :) 

12 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I've bolded the nations which I think are only present when running 'large' with this configuration - please note I've done this by hand because you asked and its not an 'official' list ... just what I've seen quickly starting new games here now, as such exact nations may vary according to leagues selected don't take this as Gospel, this was purely how it is here for me with Australia and a few European leagues selected ... you might find some others are available with certain league selections.

(in other words - I'm trying to help, please don't shout if things differ slightly when you start your game - ok? ;) )

Nice!

So apart from tactical reasons which I think is obviously fine as long as the bugs from 16 are ironed out I believe the release has been everything people hoped for.

• Improvements to old features - Scouting + Interaction
  • Loan to Buy Clause and Work Permits
  • Better Youth Intakes
  • UEFA Coefficients
  • Staff Search
  • Footedness
  • African National Teams
  • New playable leagues

I think a solid feature set for the community