Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1000 goals - Villalibre

BatiGoal

46 minutes ago, veerus said:

Could you please repost the tactic you're using when you're done to save the time digging thru the thread? 

Also, do you feel that lopsided formations like you're using (and like you discovered in that old formation thread) are unique to the players you're using or is the engine very forgiving this year in how it handles such an unusual tactic? Does the AI fail to take advantage of you throwing everyone forward?

Good luck. 

I was planning on that once the career comes to an end.

I did try a few games with a small team (a 2nd division team in Holland) but no success. This formation is supposed to have an 'overpowering' effect on the opponent but feel it can't be done with small teams. Not enough quality up front so it will just seem like they're terribly positioned and unbalanced. Though I will test and tweak until a get a 'sister' formation for smaller teams that has a similar effect.

It does work with very strong teams because the attacking prowess up front is too great for *most* opponents to handle and not to go defensive. Most teams switch to defensive style at half-time or midway thru 2nd half but I have to say I haven't played enough basic/regular formations in FMM17 yet to determine if this is simply a default (re)action by the AI manager. Strong opponents do have the quality to minimize my attack regardless playing 5 up front and exploit the space at the back which is why you sometimes see heavy defeats as well. I'm basically trying to outscore opponents or prefer goal-laden draws over small victories for obvious reasons.

24 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Most teams switch to defensive style at half-time or midway thru 2nd half but I have to say I haven't played enough basic/regular formations in FMM17 yet to determine if this is simply a default (re)action by the AI manager.

Do you confirm that it is actually defensive by clicking on the opponent tactic? I ask because the 442 bug AND the text bug from last year's version (where it says defensive when it's balanced or attacking) are still present and very common in this year's version. 

Smashing stuff - just caught up with about 6 seasons. Bring it home BatiGoal, bring it home.

Edited by Joewins
20 minutes ago, veerus said:

Do you confirm that it is actually defensive by clicking on the opponent tactic? I ask because the 442 bug AND the text bug from last year's version (where it says defensive when it's balanced or attacking) are still present and very common in this year's version. 

Yes, it was indeed a more defensive line-up than their starting one. I only checked in my first season using the tactic since I needed all the info for tweaks and such. After I found it working properly I stopped checking opponents' adjustments. Will do a few more checks tho to re-confirm.

16 minutes ago, Joewins said:

Smashing stuff - just caught up with about 6 seasons. Bring it home BatiGoal, bring it home.

Thanks mate. Will do my best.

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Yes, it was indeed a more defensive line-up than their starting one. I only checked in my first season using the tactic since I needed all the info for tweaks and such. After I found it working properly I stopped checking opponents' adjustments. Will do a few more checks tho to re-confirm.

I'd be interested to see what you find. I've been watching it in my save and now that my team is really good, I find that many teams are defensive, men behind the ball, right from kick off.

I'm in a weaker league than you, so maybe that's to be expected, but even PSG started the Champions League Final as defensive, men behind the ball and held to that even when they went behind. A 1-0 loss was much better than going for the win - they knew that was a hopeless cause and more likely to end in a 5-0 spanking. :)

I have noticed that this resets at the start of each season though. Most teams will come at us in August, thinking maybe we've lost our touch, but by November they've realised that's not happening this year and go back into defensive mode. I'd be really interested to see if all of that (or any of it) happens for you too. 

Pretty interesting findings, @scratch99. As I said I checked every game and opponent while I was working on the formation but never bothered afterwards once everything was ticking along nicely.

Will definitely see if I get similar findings to yours. The 'reset' makes sense from a FMM/game point of view tho.

Cracking career, BG. Something for the Vibe history books!

I now challenge you to have Villalibre retire and manipulate the game so that your son is a good enoguh striker to try again ;) Since you'll only have 12-13 seasons left, this would be the real challenge.

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Cracking career, BG. Something for the Vibe history books!

I now challenge you to have Villalibre retire and manipulate the game so that your son is a good enoguh striker to try again ;) Since you'll only have 12-13 seasons left, this would be the real challenge.

Hehe, thanks a lot, mate!

I kinda need a break after this one but still enough fire in me left to do plenty more careers this year. I'll definitely keep this save locked up in a safe place and maybe I will have a go with the legend's son one day ;)

Can't wait to see this cross the line :D 

1 hour ago, Archie Graveluth said:

There is only one Pedro Cunha! Right @Ashez?

The memories! 

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Hehe, thanks a lot, mate!

I kinda need a break after this one but still enough fire in me left to do plenty more careers this year. I'll definitely keep this save locked up in a safe place and maybe I will have a go with the legend's son one day ;)

I got a striker as a son on 2013, good old Colin Sale! Managed the 1k but it was some grind haha. 

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Can't wait to see this cross the line :D 

The memories! 

I got a striker as a son on 2013, good old Colin Sale! Managed the 1k but it was some grind haha. 

Nice one, that's some feat. Let's see how things go in this one and if there's enough seasons left I may have a go with little BG myself.

• Season 1 - Sevilla Welcome BatiGoal & Asier Villalibre
  • Season 2 - Villalibre Nets 100 Goals
  • Season 3 - Villalibre Overcomes Stamina Struggles
  • Season 4 - Villalibre Lights Up La Liga
  • Season 5 - Sevilla Become 'Invincibles'
  • Season 6 - BatiGoal Introduces 2-2-1-5
  • Season 7 - Villalibre Becomes Fans' Favourite
  • Season 8 - Villalibre Nets 500 Goals
  • Season 9 - Sevilla Expand Trophy Museum
  • Season 10 - Villalibre Completes Goal/Min. Challenge
  • Season 11 - BatiGoal Gets Position on the Board
  • Season 12 - Villalibre Sevilla's All-Time Topscorer
  • Season 13 - Sevilla Score 135x in La Liga
  • Season 14 - Asier Villalibre The Hat-trick Hero
  • Season 15 - Villalibre Becomes Football Legend
  • Season 16 - AV's Road To 1000 Goals

980, 981

1kc98081.png

982, 983

1kc98283.png

984, 985

1kc98485.png

986, 987

1kc98687.png

988, 989

1kc98889.png

1kc990.png

991, 992

1kc991992.png

993, 994

1kc993994.png

1kc995.png

1kc996.png

1kc997.png

1kc998.png

999 still 998

1kc999no998.png

1kc999.png

1kc1k.png

1000 Gooooooooooaaaaaaaaaals !!!!!!!!!!

1 Manager - 1 Player - 16 Seasons - 1017 Goals

AV1017goals.png

Thank you guys so very much for all the comments and support throughout this career. I couldn't have enjoyed the journey had I not received your encouragements and I hope we all keep supporting each other in these careers here on Vibe. I struggled with my player's stamina, then came the challenge of finding a consistent formation, then came the little injuries that disrupted any sort of decent form and momentum, then the pressure mounted on Villalibre having 71 Caps but 0 ITN goals to his name, thus relying on his club goals only. But we overcame all challenges in front of us and not having completed a 1KC in nearly a year I'm overjoyed with this achievement. And there's no better place than sharing it with all of you here on Vibe. So a very big thank you to all the readers who showed a little support. It helped both manager and player a very big deal!

Me, I'm just a competitive manager like any of you, who will continue to play careers on Vibe and try to turn regular players into World's Footballing Greats, but Asier Villalibre, this Spanish 18-year-old has become an inspiration and a true Legend.

1KCcompleted.png

The End

1 hour ago, veerus said:

That's awesome, congrats on the massive achievement.  Now let's see if the real Villalibre can live up to this story. :) 

Thanks man. I'll be following him with slightly more interest for obvious reasons. Hope he does hit it big.

26 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Congratulations on finishing the 1KC/ GaM @BatiGoal. This career has been great to follow. I can't wait for your next career. KIU

Thanks a lot, mate. Can't wait to start the next one.

I'm curious: is Sevilla now Villalibre's favourite team? I once had a Spanish striker who was massive for my Tottenham side in the days of FMH PSP. At the end of his career, he changed his favourite club to Tottenham, probably because of all the succes over a good ten years. How's that for your man?

Congratulations ! Been following this since the beginning, I really like Sevilla and it's a pleasure seeing you taking this team at this level ! ;)

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

This has been some journey! Congratulations on a massive feat! 

Thanks mate!

41 minutes ago, Jens said:

I'm curious: is Sevilla now Villalibre's favourite team? I once had a Spanish striker who was massive for my Tottenham side in the days of FMH PSP. At the end of his career, he changed his favourite club to Tottenham, probably because of all the succes over a good ten years. How's that for your man?

I'm not really sure if I've ever seen that happen. I've been on the look out for it but can't recall seeing a player swap fav. clubs. Villalibre still favours Bilbao over Sevilla. Ungrateful no? :)

28 minutes ago, Gonzolito said:

Congratulations ! Been following this since the beginning, I really like Sevilla and it's a pleasure seeing you taking this team at this level ! ;)

Thanks man. I create a bond with pretty much every (main)player and team I play with. Sevilla are no different. Not to the same extent for every team of course as it depends on the journey as a whole. But Sevilla, Torino, Atl.Madrid, Ajax.. (even for a PSV fan like me) are all teams I've come to love because of FMM.

31 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Great going, great consistency from the lad. Onto the next challenge!

Thank you. Surprised me he netted 44x times as a 33/34 yo.

8 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Amazing!!! Congrats m8, great career to follow, loved how you took us through your thinking tactic wise and a superb performance!

Thanks my friend. I hope someone learned something from it and still curious to see if this tactic works for other managers here. I'd be surprised if it didn't. Cheers!

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Brilliant stuff, well done mate :D

Thanks Sam. Looking at his final goal tally does make me smile. :)

2 hours ago, HenryRen said:

What an amazing challenge!! Will you continue playing till he retires?

Thank you! I'm keeping the save and I think I will be playing 1 or 2 more seasons until he retires. I want to see how far I can take him and maybe I'll post the final goal tally in here just for the records. But for now I'm taking a small break.