Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Top Football Manager Cup

1 hour ago, Brenty92 said:

Hats off to you Bati, you sure know how to keep us hooked with these little teasers (as annoying as they are ?)

You guys are like a pack of wolves that haven't eaten in months. :) a drop of blood does miracles.

Top Football Manager Cup 2017

- Round Two -

TFMCr2j.png

VFB Stuttgart

Welcome to Round Two. We started with 25 and are now down to 14. I expect an answer A or B from these final 14 within 72h.

1. AndersJ
  2. Brenty92
  3. Cockers2505
  4. Eogtuc0910
  5. gbohunmi10
  6. Idol
  7. Jens
  8. KennyMiller27
  9. Mikee1984
  10. Pogba
  11. Real_Random
  12. Taff
  13. Thepremiermanager
  14. Veerus

Goodluck to all of you. Now let's have a look where I'm going to need your expertise today.

I'm in the second highest division in Germany -Bundesliga 2- and I've just taken over the reigns at VFB Stuttgart. Cutting to the chase.. result-wise pre-season was OK but not all of my players made it through my coaches rigorous training methods that is necessary to improve and lift the club out of this place and into the top division. Injuries and lack of quality forced me to jump into the transfer market looking for 1 defender to form a duo with my best CD who's already at the club. We have settled on a formation already + an attacking mentality so we need to make sure things are tight at the back.

Fixture List

Spoiler

TFMCr2d.png

This is half the season. Any additional Cup games that may appear inbetween will not count. These are our 20 opponents that we're going to play and that we're going to test our new defensive duo against. If it so happens that additional Cup games "move" any of these league games to a much later stage they will simply be ommitted from the list. So in short.. we play from August - December vs the opponents listed above only.

Formation 4-4-1-1 + Match Settings

Spoiler

TFMCr2e.png

TFMCr2f.png

TFMCr2g.png

So it's a 4-4-1-1 formation with everyone playing in their beloved green spot. Both defenders will play as Central Defenders covering the CD role. And we're going to play Counter-Attacking football. Genter captain..Ginczek as PA..all the info you need is up here.

Now for the more important matters.. As you may have seen already Sunjic is our CD at the club and he's going to need a buddy by his side to keep the goals out.

Toni Sunjic

TFMCr2b.png

What I always look for in a defender is the following: Tackling-Positioning-Teamwork. But I also need a decent dose of Aerial-Strength-Aggression-Decisions-Pace. After a few minutes in the transfer market I returned with a shortlist of two. Player A and Player B.

Player A - Julio Cesar Dominguez

TFMCr2a.png

TFMCr2i.png

Player B - Stefan Strandberg

TFMCr2c.png

TFMCr2h.png

Dilemma:

They're identical in many ways. Both players have a CA and PA of 2.5 and both have an equal number in some of the primary attributes like Tackling - Positioning - Teamwork. The main difference is that Strandberg has got greens in Aerial and Strength..much like Sunjic. Dominguez has no greens in Aerial or Strength but has the greens in Decisions and Pace that Sunjic is lacking. Going for Strandberg means we're really strong in the air with two CDs that possess that skill. Great counter to aerial threats vs opposing flank players sending in sharp crosses into our box. Going for Dominguez means we only have 1 CD with good aerial skill but now have pace at the back as well to try and stop pacy strikers we may be facing. Great counter vs threats over the ground.

So my question to you is this; Do I pick player A Dominguez to form a strong duo with Sunjic who in many ways complement each other or do I go for two strong individuals with player B Strandberg for an extra dose of strength and aerial finesse at the back?

Which defensive pair will concede the least amount of goals in those 20 games?

Remember the rules..

• All games will be played by me -BatiGoal- and NOT simulated.
  • All games will be played on EME with the latest update in place.
  • PM me -BatiGoal- your choice (A or B) once the round has started.
  • Do NOT reveal your pick to anyone before the round has closed.
  • Winners qualify for the next round. Losers are out.
  • If a round has 0 winners a new round shall be played with those same players.
  • The last remaining player wins the TOP FOOTBALL MANAGER CUP.

A or B

If you have any questions or need any additional info, pls let me know (there's no guarantee you'll get it but you can try) :)

GOODLUCK!

Deadline Sunday 21st May 12pm UK time

54 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Easy choice to a good dilemma, lets see if intuition gets me further ?

Good. Hope it gets people thinking.

Both answers in already, so someone's not going to make it to Round 3 :)

56 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Good luck lads, I'm out but gonna follow anyway. Good dilemma BG, nice work :D

Thanks mate!

Almost half the votes in already and it stands 2 to 4 in A or B's favor :)

2 hours ago, Mr.Manager said:

I'm out but I'll be keeping an eye on this! I think I know which one I would go for. Good luck all!

Maybe next Cup I'll do it in a league format just to change things up a bit. If there's enough interest of course.

10 votes in already! I better get playing then.

It's 4 to 6 in or B's favor. Pretty tight and once again no clear favorite this round.

Awaiting 4 votes..

Quick update..

5 to 7 atm. Divided opinions on this which makes it really interesting. Almost done playing and only awaiting 2 votes from @Jens and @Pogba. Once those are in I'll post the picks followed by the results.

Update..

This popularity contest between Dominguez and Strandberg is reaching it's climax.. 6 to 7 in one or the other's favor :P 13 votes in 1 remaining @Pogba roughly 45h till deadline.

No change here..just a reminder to @Pogba You have till tomorrow Sunday 21st May - 12pm UK time to get your answer in. I'll reveal the picks and a day later the results.

Thanks!

- Round Two: The Picks -

All entries are in. The 14 managers who qualified for round 2 where faced with a question whether CD Sunjic should be coupled with a pacy defender in Dominguez or with the more physically-natured Strandberg. Here are your picks:

TFMCr2Picks.png

Interesting. 8 of you went for 'Decisions', 'Aggression' and 'Pace' while 6 believe more 'Aerial' and 'Strength' is needed. We'll soon find out!

- Round Two: The Results -

Tomorrow..

28 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

- Round Two: The Picks -

All entries are in. The 14 managers who qualified for round 2 where faced with a question whether CD Sunjic should be coupled with a pacy defender in Dominguez or with the more physically-natured Strandberg. Here are your picks:

TFMCr2Picks.png

Interesting. 8 of you went for 'Decisions', 'Aggression' and 'Pace' while 6 believe more 'Aerial' and 'Strength' is needed. We'll soon find out!

Tomorrow..

@Idol sad to see that you choose wrong mate ?

9 hours ago, Jens said:

I bet a lot of people overestimate what is needed at this level.

You could be right. Then again, you could be wrong. Feeling very philosophical today :D

teaser

Player A Dominguez Own Goal

DominguezOG.png

Player B Strandberg Own Goal

StrandbergOG.png

Looks like neither want to win ..

I wonder if goals allowed should determine the winner instead of match record since we are picking defenders here...

Edit: never mind... for some reason I thought we were going by match record here until I re-read BG's post.  :O