Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BatiGoal's Augusta National Golf Club Challenge

BatiGoal

4 hours ago, PriZe said:

Oh man this is almost as fun to read as @taff his result in the cc

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_5271.PNG

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great write up Bati! Would have expected it should be possible to score more tough

@Taff and I need to do some archive digging and return the favor to you and Sam. :)

And thanks for the compliment and acknowledgement of embarrassment. (y)

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Extremely interesting stuff, thanks for the experiment as much as the update. I've dabbled with out field players in goal but that's about it

Don't try this at home? ? 

Apparently once in a while I attempt things so you guys don't need to. Not sure the best GK would've reached higher numbers. Seriously doubt anyone comes even close to Birdie forget Eagle range. Par at best with a little penalty luck, Alexandru missed close to 10!! scoring just 3-4. 

So as seasons last 10 months (excl pre-season) my GK scored 20 gls in 20 months, a perfect 1 goal/month ratio ? OK, enough embarrassing stats for today. 

1 hour ago, veerus said:

Did you try retraining him as a striker?  Or just played him as one with an attacking training regime and hoped for the best?

'None' aptitude so never bothered. 

As for the att. training I thought long and hard about it but decided not to in the end. Which strikers attributes are going to be bumped up for this GK and he had decent greens overall on his page already. But most importantly I think it'd just make things messier with him instantly disliking his regime etc, which would be a sure bet. So I did just throw him up front in various set ups and with some luck hope for the best. 

46 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Wow, I never expected this, I have faith  that you’ll destroy the next hole. KIU

Thanks, mate. GKs make terrible strikers. Lesson learned :)

14 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Tough hole that one, my 40 odd was way off.  Where was José Luis Chilavert when you needed him?

Looking forward to see how @Moe_Sakr gets on with his hole 8 later on. Maybe he's luckier with his GK pick.

12 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Who would have thought it?

Everyone except Sam ? 

Amazing hole, had a lot of fun reading it. It's a nice score for having a Romanian GK playing out of his position hahaha.

KIU!

8 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Could that Pantillimon be a regen of the Pantillimon?

Probably is yes. This Alexandru popped up by the time Costel had just retired so with everything else pretty much identical I'm guessing it's him. Tho a bit odd to see the same name perhaps, not very common. 

Glad this little detail captured your attention over my shite performance ? 

The Augusta National Golf Club Challenge

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPQpgB5kn-yTsmd4iE_bN

- challenge link -

Update 9 - Hole 9

temp flower

Hole 9 - Carolina Cherry (Par 4)

Make the most of this hole because after this it really starts to get tricky. You may want to go for the birdie however be careful as if you underestimate it, you'll end up dropping back.

Challenge - Buy an MC from Bournemouth. Total up his goals and assists at the end of the season in all competitions. Then, if his average rating is above 7.00, then add 7 to the total. If it's below 7.00, then remove 7 from the total.

• Birdie - 65 overall
  • Par - 50 overall
  • Bogey - 35 overall
  • Double Bogey - 34 or less overall

After the disaster during the marathon of Hole 8 I feel obliged to my dear fans on Vibe to make amends for collecting that dreaded Bogey and score a Birdie on this one. No matter how tough, no matter how impossible things may seem, always - ALWAYS - go for the best score and aim for the top, like me, well.. unless you need to buy a CM from The Cherries then forget everything I said up there.

Let's see who we got in for the job..

Emerson Hyndman

i5BvE4k.png

From the red-black of The Cherries to the red-black of the Rossoneri

Player Profile

6hQaWgt.png

Hyndman at his best. After his transfer to the Serie A his attributes grew to what you observe now. He looks decent for a former Bournemouth player actually. Passing and Technique in the green hopefully gives him that extra push to score and assist 60+ pts for our Birdie. Tho it'll be a challenge scoring with Shooting 11 and assisting with Creativity 13 but I'm up for it. We also need to keep an eye on the AvR as it'll give us an extra +7 pts if we manage to keep it above 7.00.

Tactics

No changes here. I've been playing a formation with three CMs and two AMCs so the obvious thing to do here is to have a look at the history of all 5 of these players, goals and assists in particular. Hyndman will of course take over the position and role duties from the player having the most of them. AP it is then in most of the games behind the lone striker in AMC (with an AM buddy). He isn't green in AMC unfortunately but 'competent' will do in this case as we're desperate for points. It'll have to, and in other cases, depending on available players, just right in the center in his natural spot as a CM.

First Half Season

ghEVDLA.png

A game in September gave us a massive confidence boost with a great hat-trick of assists. No better start than this.

9oXaawM.png

Another fine performance in November with a brace of assists. Numbers are looking good as is the AvR for bonus pts.

Challenge Progress - Mid-Season

H9wpAA5.png

We're halfway and it's looking good but not great tbh. 6 goals 16 assists + 7 bonus for the AvR gives us 29 pts. That's 29/65 for Birdie and 29/50 for Par. We'd like that Birdie, thanks, but we're a bit off the pace for that one needing +36 pts in the next 30 or so games. Tough but we're going for it.

In The Meantime..

IIlc0mL.png

A place on the board, what took them so long? At least it's a guarantee I'm finishing this challenge now I'm "fire-proof" :)

Second Half Season

d6CHhKE.png

Sweet performance vs last year's Serie A runner-up but another missed penalty. How many now, 6? 7? Such a wasted chance!!

CjVUClW.png

Good. A brace of points with a goal and an assist. PoM is nice knowing he's feeling comfy with his position and role. Keep going, Emerson.

iOjuwks.png

Juventus destroyed with Hyndman & Co's help. Assists are nice but getting on the scoresheet is always the icing on the cake.

Mv2qCjk.png

Arch rivals Internazionale got a footballing lesson from Big Brother AC but Hyndman only scored a single point for this challenge in this match. 

Challenge Progress - 5 Games left

MKXMnRk.png

We have 5 games left to lift our score to Birdie levels. It's not looking good I'm afraid. AvR is probably in the bag by now regardless how poor the coming performances might be, we've got those 7 bonus pts + 14 and 25 brings us on 46 overall. Ouch.. that's 46/65 for Birdie and 46/50 for Par. No probs with Par, which takes the pressure somewhat off, but I'd really like to score that Birdie after last season's disappointing run with a Bogey. But we're 19 pts off. That's a serious gap to make up in just 5 games. But this American has been on fire in the last few games so if he keeps his A game up there's a chance..

Best Game Of The Remaining 5

0AgbaCw.png

A wonderful hat-trick of assists vs Empoli brings us closer to our goal but has it been enough to score 65 pts for a -1 score on the card?

Emerson Hyndman - Final Numbers

og8UNsO.png

Nope. Unfortunately not. Close, but it was simply too far and too much for this player. I got him as far as I possibly could but we came short of our main goal. 17+31+7=55. Good enough to note Par but 10 short for a Birdie. Shame. I feel we could've hit it with a little more fortune our way getting all games in and of course converting a bigger dose of the penalties we received. Oh well.. decent score all things considered nonetheless. With a better player we'd have nailed it. With a better manager.. wait.. there is no better manager :D

Golfer BatiGoal - Manager Profile

zVJTTaU.png

A drop in Bias and Discipline due to the challenges we faced but still a hot looking page I'd say. Mid-career at this point and we've collected 52 trophies thus far. Can we get 100?

Challenge Progress - Golf Scorecard

NZoiMQK.png

Par noted!

So there's the Par. After scoring a handful of Birdies and even an Eagle we finish the first series of 9 holes with a Bogey and Par. Not the way I'd expected to start the second series of 9 holes but the -6 score overall is good I think. A -10 by the end of this career would be a good enough number for me but looking ahead at the next 9 challenges it isn't getting any easier. On the contrary. Definitely got my work cut out for me if I wish to maintain what I've built in Hole 1-9. I'm still feeling as excited and motivated as when I started this madness so I'm more than ready to roll into Hole 10-18. Bring it!!

Thanks for reading and hope you stick around for the next update. Should be a cracking one.. with.. Yikes, my most dreaded challenge of all 18 holes on this Augusta Master's golf course; total squad revamp. :O - Christ!!.. I hate this!! I DO!! My young, talented, Italian squad for the next decade will be torn apart..

What to expect in the next update

Spoiler

Update 10 - Hole 10

P_hole10.jpg&key=7c9e657a6c087b2e76a6959

Hole 10 - Camellia (Par 4)

An absolutely monstrous challenge for anyone of any skill level. Arguably the toughest hole on the course, this season will require a total squad revamp. Before this point you've been able to keep *pretty much* whatever players you want. Not now. Even a bogey is tricky to get on this hole.

Challenge - At least 15 members of your squad must be Asian or American. On the 30th of every month, you must demote your 2 best performing players (Av.R wise) and never use them again. In January you may promote two players back up from the reserves of your choice. Win as many trophies as possible.

• Birdie - Win all trophies
  • Par - Win all but 1
  • Bogey - Win all but 2
  • Double Bogey - Fail to win 3 of more

Edited by BatiGoal
11 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Good effort on this hole, just left it short on the green! Out in -6 is very good indeed.

This is one mammoth challenge!

Thanks, mate. 11 seasons down and another 11 to go. Once this mammoth's been conquered I'm taking on an even bigger mammoth :D

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks, mate. 11 seasons down and another 11 to go. Once this mammoth's been conquered I'm taking on an even bigger mammoth :D

Go Big or Go Home! (y)

13 minutes ago, Kingsolop said:

Wow! You did great with the par performance. 

Looking forward to the next stage. 

Thanks biggie! 

Next update will take some time as it requires a lottttt of pre-season planning :S

Just caught up mate, par is better than a bogey at least, the next challenge looks insane hopefully you have some great regens coming through 

Edited by Real_Random

Another great update and even getting the Par required a good run with what you had and since he's American Emerson can continue bringing the goods on the next hole as well. Looking forward to the squad revamp!

4 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Just caught up mate, par is better than a bogey at least, the next challenge looks insane hopefully you have some great regens coming through 

Have South Korea and USA loaded as secondary leagues in the hope to get some decent players in for this particular challenge. Cheers!

4 hours ago, samhardy said:

Good to see the wheels are starting to come off. It was inevitable, really.

Not sure what movie you've been watching but there's no wheels on this baby to begin with. We're flying!! :)

4 hours ago, 1899 said:

Another great update and even getting the Par required a good run with what you had and since he's American Emerson can continue bringing the goods on the next hole as well. Looking forward to the squad revamp!

Thanks! Yeah Emerson is more than welcome to stay an extra season before parting ways ;)

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Flop!!

Mandzukic!

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Have South Korea and USA loaded as secondary leagues in the hope to get some decent players in for this particular challenge. Cheers!

Not sure what movie you've been watching but there's no wheels on this baby to begin with. We're flying!! :)

Thanks! Yeah Emerson is more than welcome to stay an extra season before parting ways ;)

Mandzukic!

Too soon :(

7 hours ago, Taff said:

Another solid performance BG, but you have a hell of a road a head but I have faith my friend

Knew I could count on your support, thanks mate :)

5 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Good luck with the next hole Bati. I know how much you love squad building!

Who doesn't love squad building with a million restrictions :D thanks!