Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games The Vibe Olympics 2018

1 minute ago, PriZe said:

That was the same reaction i had when i heard your score 😳 "doubt that"

I had mine done withing 2 days....but i'm all for having my save checked and scrutinised.

Vibe Olympics Semi Final - The Results

Well the wait is finally over and the results are in. @Harish @Rob2017@Taff @RipRip @chewkaiwen & @Woody you were all tasked this week with making Norwegian striker Joshua King your new Javelin thrower. Four of you will be marching on into the final of this years Vibe Olympics, but for two of you this is the end of the road. The Olympic record stands at 90.57m, did any of you manage to beat that and set a new record yourself?

Straight to it, and we start with @Rob2017 who had a real good crack of this and is slowly but surely establishing himself as a prominent member in Vibe with some wicked careers including a 1k in progress. He managed to throw a very decent 72 metres, and had a more than acceptable average rating of 8.61 and that my friend is enough to see you into the Vibe Olympics 2018 final! So a massive congratulations to you.

Next up we have @chewkaiwen the new Mr. Last Minute, he managed to throw an incredible 96m and with an average rating of 9.31 to boot! So obviously that means you’re into the final round. Huge congratulations to you also.

Thirdly we have our resident bunny, @Taff who knows all too well how to get to the final of this competition as he’s done it on the last two occasions whilst going on to win it once and being runner up in the other. This challenge wasn’t an issue for the man who completed a triple 1k earlier on in the year and he threw a whopping 101m with a 9.25 Average rating and not only breaks the Olympic record that Chewkaiwen set earlier but also sets a new World Record for the Javelin throw! Congratulations Taff, you’re heading into your third successive Vibe Olympics final.

So there’s just the one space left. @Woody @RipRip & @Harish. Two of you will be eliminated from the competition, and the other will be marching on into the final for a shot of the gold. I can confirm that the competitor with the lowest score this round is @RipRip and unfortunately for you my friend, this is the end of your Olympics journey after a fine showing throughout. Your Joshua King’s injury limited you to just 10 league games and just 41 metres were thrown. RIP RipRip.

Now we’re down to two. @Woody you have the monumental task of going up against the tournaments overwhelming favourite @Harish, a man they compare to Brian Clough in terms of management style. Rumour has it he once echoed one of Clough’s famous sayings ‘I don’t consider myself the best FMM 18 managers, but I’m definitely in the top 1’. 

@Woody you managed to get Josh King to throw a more than respectable 63 metres and an average rating of 7.93 is decent enough. But you were up against @Harish remember, So was this score enough to get you through?....

Of course it was! Because the all powerful @Harish failed to submit a score so therefore you end up in fourth place and scrape through to the final of the Vibe Olympics 2018! Massive congratulations to you Woody, and a huge congratulations to our other finalists. Commiserations @RipRip it’s been a pleasure to have you aboard and I thoroughly look forward to seeing some more careers from you here on Vibe!

Scorecard in Full

Spoiler
  1. Taff - 101m - 9.25 Avr
  2. Chewkaiwen - 96m - 9.31 Avr
  3. Rob2017 - 72m - 8.61 Avr
  4. Woody - 63m - 7.93 Avr
  5. RipRip - 41m - 8.50 Avr
  6. Harish - DNF

EDFA53A2-8C6D-45AF-866E-CFD90EC508EF.thumb.png.2f6c2f04cea163ce303df0302718b815.png

Once again a huge thank you to @Foxy for the graphic and to @Titjes for the challenge. The challenge for the final will be posted tomorrow evening and you don’t want to miss it!

4 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Vibe Olympics Semi Final - The Results

Well the wait is finally over and the results are in. @Harish @Rob2017@Taff @RipRip @chewkaiwen & @Woody you were all tasked this week with making Norwegian striker Joshua King your new Javelin thrower. Four of you will be marching on into the final of this years Vibe Olympics, but for two of you this is the end of the road. The Olympic record stands at 90.57m, did any of you manage to beat that and set a new record yourself?

Straight to it, and we start with @Rob2017 who had a real good crack of this and is slowly but surely establishing himself as a prominent member in Vibe with some wicked careers including a 1k in progress. He managed to throw a very decent 72 metres, and had a more than acceptable average rating of 8.61 and that my friend is enough to see you into the Vibe Olympics 2018 final! So a massive congratulations to you.

Next up we have @chewkaiwen the new Mr. Last Minute, he managed to throw an incredible 96m and with an average rating of 9.31 to boot! So obviously that means you’re into the final round. Huge congratulations to you also.

Thirdly we have our resident bunny, @Taff who knows all too well how to get to the final of this competition as he’s done it on the last two occasions whilst going on to win it once and being runner up in the other. This challenge wasn’t an issue for the man who completed a triple 1k earlier on in the year and he threw a whopping 101m with a 9.25 Average rating and not only breaks the Olympic record that Chewkaiwen set earlier but also sets a new World Record for the Javelin throw! Congratulations Taff, you’re heading into your third successive Vibe Olympics final.

So there’s just the one space left. @Woody @RipRip & @Harish. Two of you will be eliminated from the competition, and the other will be marching on into the final for a shot of the gold. I can confirm that the competitor with the lowest score this round is @RipRip and unfortunately for you my friend, this is the end of your Olympics journey after a fine showing throughout. Your Joshua King’s injury limited you to just 10 league games and just 41 metres were thrown. RIP RipRip.

Now we’re down to two. @Woody you have the monumental task of going up against the tournaments overwhelming favourite @Harish, a man they compare to Brian Clough in terms of management style. Rumour has it he once echoed one of Clough’s famous sayings ‘I don’t consider myself the best FMM 18 managers, but I’m definitely in the top 1’. 

@Woody you managed to get Josh King to throw a more than respectable 63 metres and an average rating of 7.93 is decent enough. But you were up against @Harish remember, So was this score enough to get you through?....

Of course it was! Because the all powerful @Harish failed to submit a score so therefore you end up in fourth place and scrape through to the final of the Vibe Olympics 2018! Massive congratulations to you Woody, and a huge congratulations to our other finalists. Commiserations @RipRip it’s been a pleasure to have you aboard and I thoroughly look forward to seeing some more careers from you here on Vibe!

Scorecard in Full

Hide contents
  1. Taff - 101m - 9.25 Avr
  2. Chewkaiwen - 96m - 9.31 Avr
  3. Rob2017 - 72m - 8.61 Avr
  4. Woody - 63m - 7.93 Avr
  5. RipRip - 41m - 8.50 Avr
  6. Harish - DNF

EDFA53A2-8C6D-45AF-866E-CFD90EC508EF.thumb.png.2f6c2f04cea163ce303df0302718b815.png

Once again a huge thank you to @Foxy for the graphic and to @Titjes for the challenge. The challenge for the final will be posted tomorrow evening and you don’t want to miss it!

😂 i'd of done better throwing a turd!

I can't belive i scraped through 😃 it really is mouse against men in that final!

Well done everyone....and unlucky @RipRip

Did Harish have a turn of conscience? 

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

😂 i'd of done better throwing a turd!

I can't belive i scraped through 😃 it really is mouse against men in that final!

Well done everyone....and unlucky @RipRip

Did Harish have a turn of conscience? 

I’d like to think his conscience got the better of him 😁

3 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I’d like to think his conscience got the better of him 😁

The numbers the guys got though....i just couldn't match that. It will take a miracle to come close to matching them in the final but i will give it my best shot.

29 minutes ago, samhardy said:

The @Woody barmy army out in force tonight! Marching on to the final and this time next week a major champion!!

😂yeah....if only!

Unlucky @RipRip you fought hard dude

very happy to make my third successive Olympics final but I’ve had shit rounds and belting rounds (I love Josh King) and I honestly believe the gold medal is up for grabs 

thanks once again to @Titjes and @Nucleus for another great round and I can’t wait to bottle it in the final 

3 minutes ago, Taff said:

I love Josh King

I think he’s a terrific striker in this years game! Congrats on making the final

7 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I think he’s a terrific striker in this years game! Congrats on making the final

I know Rafa wants him at the Toon!

6 minutes ago, Woody said:

I know Rafa wants him at the Toon!

Be a good addition to any shit PL team to be honest 😂

bet tips.png

Welcome to the last odds update of this tournament! I can already hear the tears starting to flow however don't despair yet as there's still this one to come yet!

A shock happened in the last round with the FMM God Harish not submitting for some reason or another, but it certainly opens the door for the mere mortals left in! One such being the original tournament favourite @Taff who smashed the last round and retakes his spot as the favourite to win this final. A third consecutive Olympic final for the Welshman shows he has the experience and that is what the bookies are expecting to prove vital come next week having installed him as the odds on favourite.

Another impressive performance from @chewkaiwen sees him as the second favourite for this upcoming final. He is expected to be the main rival for Taff having been near the top most rounds. He also reached last year's final.

@Rob2017 sees his odds come in yet again and has just got stronger as the event has gone on. He will certainly be fancying his chances at having a go at Taff in this final who has been showing signs of inconsistency and with his capacity to bottle it ready to show at any time, Rob could take advantage and be the bet of this final.

Just like Rob this is the first major final for @Woody. He is very much the outsider for this final but has the majority of the support on his side. He definitely has the ability for medal contention and could even go one step further and win the event, and whilst this is seen as unlikely, if he gets a good start to the final challenge it could well be his day.

Taff - 1/2

chewkaiwen - 5/2

Rob2017 - 4/1

Woody - 8/1

Ah damn. Knew I got a bad feeling about this one. Josh King and his injuries! :P

Well it was good while it lasted. Semi-final on my very first Vibe event. I can live with that. Had a blast with this one and I look forward to more Vibe events.

All the best to all the Olympic finalists!

E74A4CB7-AB79-4091-94AD-1B8EE8ABF3A3.png.b14ae69788b5ef673629ae195fa514eb.png

Nowhere to hide now lads, you’ve made it to the final and all four of you are gunning for the gold. This final challenge will test you on several different things and is without a doubt the toughest challenge you’ve faced so far in the competition. First thing, this challenge lasts a full season so you must quickly try to find some consistency with very limited choices.

@Taff @chewkaiwen @Rob2017 & @Woody you will all be revisiting the decathlon event from Heat Two, but this time it’s a completely different challenge all together. The decathlon is a competition that consists of ten separate events so therefore this challenge requires a full team makeover (the goalkeeper is excluded). First of you have the choice of one of these five European teams :-

• AS Roma
  • Monaco
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Arsenal
  • Athletico Madrid

Who you decide to manage is entirely up to you, but you must at all times use a 3-4-3 formation and I’ll tell you why....

Event

Attribute 1

Attribute 2

Position

100m

15 Pace

———————

ST

Goals

400m

15 Pace

10 Stamina

ST

Goals

1500m

12 Pace

12 Stamina

ST

Goals

110m Hurdles

12 Pace

12 Movement

LM/RM

Goals+Assists

High Jump

15 Aerial

12 Technique

CM

Assists

Pole Vault

12 Aerial

13 Strength

CM

Assists

Long Jump

12 Aerial

13 Pace

LM/RM

Goals+Assists

Discus Throw

15 Strength

15 Decisions

CB

Avr Rating

Javelin Throw

15 Strength

15 Passing

CB

Avr Rating

Shot Putt

15 Strength

12 Technique

CB

Avr Rating

You must sign one of each of these outfield players, and each player must have the minimum corresponding attributes. So for example, the pole vaulting CM must have a minimum of 12 Aerial and 13 Strength on the day you sign them to your club. Confused enough? Good, it gets better. As the Olympics is a worldwide event you must ensure these players are worldwide too, so you are limited to signing two players per continent. For those of you unsure of your Olympic Continents they are, Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa & Australia.  Your total points will be added from the table above to give us your final score.

Rules

• Must use a 3-4-3 formation at all times
  • The players signed must have the minimum attributes on arrival to the club
  •  No more than two players per continent - failure to comply to this will equal zero points
  • EME only
  • League Games only count towards points
  • Only the 10 players allowed as incoming transfers
  • You may make any outgoing transfers
  • Own tactics only - no lifting tactics from the site
  • No unlockables or IGE
  • You may load any leagues you like
  • November database only
  • No holidaying
  • Evidence via screenshot is required
  • Failure to meet the deadline will mean zero points - no extensions 
  • If you fall under any suspicion you will be asked to submit your save for inspection
  • Strictly No Reloading
  • Have fun

Screenshots Required

• Each player’s attribute page on arrival at the club
  • Each player’s history page - End of season
  • Transfers
  • Manager Profile & Season History
  • Squad List in order of appearances

And that is pretty much it lads, I wish each and every one of you the best of luck with this challenge. Massive Thank you to @Foxy & @Titjes once again!

Deadline Saturday 16th June 5PM BST

Edited by Nucleus

Have the players (RM/LM in particular) got to have light green in those positions or will dark green do?

And do the players have to be signed from a club in that continent or have a nationality in that continent?

Edited by Rob2017
Just now, Rob2017 said:

Have the players (RM/LM in particular) got to have light green in those positions or will dark green do?

Dark green will do 👍🏻

Just now, Rob2017 said:

Thanks. What about the continent bit? (I added that after your quoted - sorry)

Awesome challenge... I think 😭

A nationality! Thought that bit was obvious sorry 😂

added 0 minutes later

So a Brazilian playing in England counts as one of your Americas players. Make sense?

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

A nationality! Thought that bit was obvious sorry 😂

added 0 minutes later

So a Brazilian playing in England counts as one of your Americas players. Make sense?

Makes sense. I need things explaining to me. I think I’m rivalling @Woodyin how many times I have read it.😭 Where you’ve put Australia I’m assuming that’s the Oceania region?

1 minute ago, Rob2017 said:

Makes sense. I need things explaining to me. I think I’m rivalling @Woodyin how many times I have read it.😭 Where you’ve put Australia I’m assuming that’s the Oceania region?

Yeah Oceania, So New Zealand counts too 👍🏻

15 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Keep reading fella eventually it must sink in 😂

What a challenge...

Just to clarify, when you have said just a 3-4-3 formation it means it could be a modified 3-4-3 formation, and not just a flat 3-4-3?