Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Leaking defence

fRESH

How is this game real if absoloutly every opponent will hit 30 yarders every game. Second problem seems to be set pieces. Every corner and freekick is dangerous and they allmost score 1/2 of them. 

For me, game seems to be unplayable for me atm. Ive tried multiple formations, lot of defenders and none of them seems to work. Am i only one having this problem ?

The defence is very leaky this year. Lower rated teams score 25 yard screamers and it's crazy. Some will have 2 total shots and score both while I'll have about 20 and will only score 1.

11 minutes ago, samhardy said:

The thought that FMM is "realistic" is the biggest myth going around the community.

Wrong. The biggest myth is @PriZe being Vibe's Top Manager.

1 hour ago, fRESH said:

For me, game seems to be unplayable for me atm. Ive tried multiple formations, lot of defenders and none of them seems to work. Am i only one having this problem ?

I'm definitely conceding more goals too with my exact same formation / tactics from FMM18 but not to the point that it's unplayable. I had to tweak my defence a little to stop the opponent getting too many shots in. A back four with WBs against tough oppenents is a bad idea it seems. FBs work well. Even my BPDs become a liability vs same calibre teams, so atm I'm playing an ordinary FB-CB-CB-FB backline with either high defensive line + SK or balanced + GK and it's holding up well. 

Edited by BatiGoal
1 hour ago, fRESH said:

How is this game real if absoloutly every opponent will hit 30 yarders every game. Second problem seems to be set pieces. Every corner and freekick is dangerous and they allmost score 1/2 of them. 

I feel that the scoring rate from corners is more of a problem in a way because it is very difficult not to concede corners however your tactic is setup.

7 minutes ago, McSniffleDiffle said:

Having this problem aswell. The game is just not enjoyable beacuse i can't win my games. Have tried lot's of different setups and tactics and nothing works. 

Funnily enough, it’s having the opposite effect on me. Must just be stubborn.

I’m enjoying trying to get a team and tactic that outscores the opposition.......just not quite there yet😉

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm definitely conceding more goals too with my exact same formation / tactics from FMM18 but not to the point that it's unplayable. I had to tweak my defence a little to stop the opponent getting too many shots in. A back four with WBs against tough oppenents is a bad idea it seems. FBs work well. Even my BPDs become a liability vs same calibre teams, so atm I'm playing an ordinary FB-CB-CB-FB backline with either high defensive line + SK or balanced + GK and it's holding up well. 

I have never played with fb-s before, i have allways used advanced wingbacks, this may actualy solve half of my problem. Still oponent scoring ratio from set pieces is devasting, but there is allways an option to score more. I will give this a go.

2 minutes ago, URz said:

Have SI acknowledged it as a problem yet?

I don't think so but that's the main problem with this game. Everything else is fine. Its literally impossible to keep cleansheets.

It’s definitely possible, I think you have to be a bit more flexible. It seems, in my experience anyway, that your opponents are more proactive if they’re losing and that not reacting is likely to cost you.

2 hours ago, olayinkajnr said:

Seems everyone have this same issue.

One time I was playing Burnley 4 goals to 0. Before I knew it, they equalised all and added one more to win the match.

This has almost resulted in me requiring a new phone multiple times over. It's freaking infuriating. Happens all in last 10 mins too. 

Edited by Rumtickler
2 hours ago, URz said:

Have SI acknowledged it as a problem yet?

Not a chance in hell will they acknowledge it's a problem. No doubt it'll all be the wrong tactical choices by the human player.

5 hours ago, fRESH said:

I have never played with fb-s before, i have allways used advanced wingbacks, this may actualy solve half of my problem. Still oponent scoring ratio from set pieces is devasting, but there is allways an option to score more. I will give this a go.

I use FBs because I also got four players covering the AM strata behind my striker so there's enough attacking intentions in my team without the need for WBs. So it depends on how the rest of your players are set up and whether you're dependent on the WBs runs and crosses. 

Edited by BatiGoal
11 hours ago, olayinkajnr said:

Seems everyone have this same issue.

One time I was playing Burnley 4 goals to 0. Before I knew it, they equalised all and added one more to win the match.

I had a similar problem. I was 5-0 up with 25 mins to go and somehow the team i was playing thought 'hey we can still get something from this game'!

They scored 4 goals in 17 mins. One from a corner and the rest were long range screamers. If i hadnt of had an 89th min penalty i think it would of ended a draw!!

Teams dont attack you when they are 5-0 down with 25 mins to go, their heads should of been gone!

still....im liking this years game. 😆

Edited by Woody
58 minutes ago, Woody said:

So am I and it’s a good thing overall that everyones FMM18 tactics don’t just rollover into the new game without any change.

(Even if the way SI have deliberately or accidentaly rebalanced the game still seems strange.) 

I also think with the right players for your tactics, you'll concede less and score more.

I was able to get rid of some dead weight in my team and brought in some new players plus I followed @BatiGoal's suggestion about changing the WB's to FB and also changing the roles of your 5&6 to CB's. It worked well. I concede at least 1 or 2 goals but end up winning the match and most of the time, I don't concede at all even against big teams.

added 0 minutes later
1 hour ago, Woody said:

I had a similar problem. I was 5-0 up with 25 mins to go and somehow the team i was playing thought 'hey we can still get something from this game'!

They scored 4 goals in 17 mins. One from a corner and the rest were long range screamers. If i hadnt of had an 89th min penalty i think it would of ended a draw!!

Teams dont attack you when they are 5-0 down with 25 mins to go, their heads should of been gone!

Maybe you should follow @BatiGoal's suggestion mate. It worked for me.

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I use FBs because I also got four players covering the AM strata behind my striker so there's enough attacking intentions in my team without the need for WBs. So it depends on how the rest of your players are set up and whether you're dependent on the WBs runs and crosses. 

I have mostly used them as IWB-s as wingbacks allways have been heart of midfield as i like to have lot of attacking midfielders. Seemed to work perfect at 18 , but cant get similar tactic going at 19. Overall i think i just need more time to adjust my thoughts with fmm19 and im sure everything will be fine.

4 hours ago, fRESH said:

I have mostly used them as IWB-s as wingbacks allways have been heart of midfield as i like to have lot of attacking midfielders. Seemed to work perfect at 18 , but cant get similar tactic going at 19. Overall i think i just need more time to adjust my thoughts with fmm19 and im sure everything will be fine.

I haven't experimented that much with IWB tbh (one was a 4-2-4 last year but was only decent at best) but my main worry would be getting too many numbers in midfield. What formation did you use them in in FMM18 if you don't mind me asking, might do some additional tests myself to get that good ol'fashioned 4-2-4 working as it's one of my fav formations. 

14 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I haven't experimented that much with IWB tbh (one was a 4-2-4 last year but was only decent at best) but my main worry would be getting too many numbers in midfield. What formation did you use them in in FMM18 if you don't mind me asking, might do some additional tests myself to get that good ol'fashioned 4-2-4 working as it's one of my fav formations. 

I will pm you formation that won pretty much everything last year ans got Mbappe to score over 1000 at the age of 31.

I tested a 0-midfield formation earlier with Man City where I had the back 4 be IWB-BPD-BPD-IWB and then the other 6 players in the AM/FWD strata and, oh man, it failed spectacularly!

11 minutes ago, fRESH said:

I will pm you formation that won pretty much everything last year ans got Mbappe to score over 1000 at the age of 31.

That the same one I helped you with?