Find results in...

Fun/Games The OME Cup - Challenge 4 Results

FuddledFox

Oh, wait, what’s that? I’m home.

Challenge 3 - The Results

First off, a gentle reminder of the challenge:

⁃    Take over PSG;
    ⁃    Sell or demote everyone;
    ⁃    Buy players that are 21 or younger by the end of the second transfer window
    ⁃    Your score is (goal difference plus league points) divided by millions of pounds spent. The highest score wins;
    ⁃    £100m gets added to your money spent if you don’t win the league

Let’s start with @Nucleus who is the current leader and our top ranked player. He absolutely demolished the league, winning it, getting 87 league points and a goal difference of 49. He, however, spent a whopping £517m assembling a lovely looking squad, thus giving him an entertainment score of 0.26 that sets a hard target for the others to beat. 

Next up is @Jens. Could the above score be beaten? Sadly not, as no score was submitted.

@Kanegan is next up on the results. Another first place in the league, with 85 league points and a goal difference of 35. This meant a total league contribution of 120, which was less than @Nucleus‘ total of 136. However, he only spent £420m and got a score of 0.28, putting him in to the lead of our three players to date.

Coming in with their results with two minutes to spare and throwing screenshots at me like there is no tomorrow is @Woody. The Woodster assembled a lovely squad but could only manage 3rd place, getting a total league contribution of 115 (79 league points and 36 goal difference). This meant a penalty of £100m to add to his spending. Woody spent a whopping £778m on players, thus obtaining a £878m spend figure giving him an entertainment value of 0.11 and putting him in third.

With @Kanegan in the lead it was up to @danovic78 to try and snare this round.

@danovic78 was pipped to the league title by four points, getting 75 league points and a goal difference of 33. This meant £100m was added to his spend. However, his spend was a tiny £223m, which meant £323m was taken forward. Therefore he got an entertainment value of 0.33 and wins the round with some fantastic management of lower standard players. Well done @danovic78!

@Foxy will post the updated table shortly.

(I sincerely hope I haven’t cocked any of that up)

Edited by Rob2017

I really cant believe that! I was still playing up till 4pm yesterday and raced through the last bit of season. Delighted with that. Some of you guys spend huge!! 

Must be the tight dad in me that keep the wallet shut! 😂

5 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

I really cant believe that! I was still playing up till 4pm yesterday and raced through the last bit of season. Delighted with that. Some of you guys spend huge!! 

Must be the tight dad in me that keep the wallet shut! 😂

Like I said yesterday, my initial plan was to go for complete freebies and take the £100m hit. 50-ish Points would have been possible imo and given me 0.5 total points! I just couldn’t be bothered with the rebuilding part 😂

6 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Like I said yesterday, my initial plan was to go for complete freebies and take the £100m hit. 50-ish Points would have been possible imo and given me 0.5 total points! I just couldn’t be bothered with the rebuilding part 😂

Yeah, I agree its very laborious to rebuild a whole team.

Not my fave challenge but I will take the win any day!

1 minute ago, danovic78 said:

Yeah, I agree its very laborious to rebuild a whole team.

Not my fave challenge but I will take the win any day!

All to play for in the final round now! All the best 

We’ve deliberately tried to make each round completely different, so sorry if it was annoying. The final round is much more fun though!

League Table Update

First of all I want to thank @Rob2017 for coming up with two great challenges for the last two rounds and especially this weeks with his unique scoring system which tested all your business acumen as well as tactical and player recruitment skills.

This weeks results have meant that the competition goes into the final week with @Nucleus and @danovic78 separated by 3 points so although it is still in Nucleus hands if he slips up he could still lose out. Kanegan still has a very outside chance of winning as well but he will would need the other two to get so drunk over the Christmas holidays that they forget to submit so he is in a race with Woody for the 3rd spot.

Just a note on the scores this week: I have turned your 0. score into a whole number so for example I added 33 onto Danovic total score so that the unique scoring this week didn't effect it if it comes down to total points scored next week.

751013554_leaguetableWk3.thumb.png.06a553a077bc50b1e14af41e296e3c2e.png

The final challenge will be posted by myself tomorrow at some point.

Challenge 4

We enter the final week of competition and it is all to play for between @Nucleus and @danovic78 as the Evertonian will be looking to take advantage of any slip up by the Welsh Wizard and take home the title. There is also a chance for @Kanegan is finally win a challenge and secure at least a top 3 finish ahead of @Woody.

I think the best advice I can give you all going into week 4 is this old West Country saying:

You can lead the horse to the oche but you can't make him throw a dart.

CD7EBF0E-096A-4FDC-9711-595AF15E631C.thumb.gif.673e780c2e516171bbdf83dd83e510d4.gif

This is the state of play going into this weeks challenge.

751013554_leaguetableWk3.thumb.png.06a553a077bc50b1e14af41e296e3c2e.png

The Challenge

This challenge is inspired by @BatiGoal Everyone’s a goalscorer challenge which can be found here.

This is a really simple concept.

·        You can manage any Championship club you wish except for Stoke, WBA, Swansea, Aston Villa or Leeds.

·        Get as many members of your squad as you can to score 5+ league goals during the season.

·        Transfers are allowed

·        No unlockables

·        No editors

·        No cheating of any kind

That’s it.

Your points will simply be the number of players that score 5 or more league goals for you through the season.

In the event of a tie League goals will decide.

Screenshots

·        League table.

·        Transfers in and out.

·        History of every player that scores 5 league goals once they reach that target.

·        Attributes of your highest AvR player.

·        Manager history and profile.

Deadline: Sunday 30th December @5pm UK time

On 22/12/2018 at 16:42, Kanegan said:

I attempted this challenge previously but failed. Hoping for a better result this time.

Me too, I think its a little more difficult on the OME as the crazy 1 or 2 defender formations that I see on the EME dont work so you have to play more or a "normal" formation I think.

On 23/12/2018 at 20:11, Nucleus said:

Are we allowed to sell players who have hit the required 5 goals in the January window to raise funds?

@Foxy Is this an option as I was thinking this too?