Find results in...

Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

Sorry if is off topic but i don’t know where to ask.

If i buy today FM2020 for iOS, will i have to pay in september for FM2021 iOS or it will upgrade for FREE? Is possible to select italian as a language for the game?

Thank you!!

2 minutes ago, Lumias said:

Sorry if is off topic but i don’t know where to ask.

If i buy today FM2020 for iOS, will i have to pay in september for FM2021 iOS or it will upgrade for FREE? Is possible to select italian as a language for the game?

Thank you!!

FMM21 is a separate game so you will need to buy it when it’s released if you want the up to date version. FMM21 won’t be out till probably November or December at the earliest so plenty of time to play FMM20 before then and get your monies worth on.

Yes Italian is a language option.

Can youth, hot prospect, or wonderkid players reach their PA without a youth coach in their team?

I have a def. coach (assistant), an att. coach, and two fitness coaches, and I'm a motivational coach. 

Edited by obdz

People of Vibe. I need opinions. 

I tried creating a DT, but, im not enjoying it at all. Strikers did alright for the first season and half, but the save in general is not one I can get behind. 
I did enjoy my 1kc attempt at Celtic/Liverpool, untill i unfortunately lost the save (phone upgrade) so thinking of giving that another bash as my last big FMM save. 

My question is, ive never managed in Spain. I have a few ideas in mind for the player choice, but torn between Barcelona and Real for the team. 

Both have a ageing squad, but with plenty of money available and players to sell. 

If you had to pick between the two, which one would you go for?

1 hour ago, Jsavfc said:

I tried creating a DT, but, im not enjoying it at all. Strikers did alright for the first season and half, but the save in general is not one I can get behind. 
I did enjoy my 1kc attempt at Celtic/Liverpool, untill i unfortunately lost the save (phone upgrade) so thinking of giving that another bash as my last big FMM save. 

My question is, ive never managed in Spain. I have a few ideas in mind for the player choice, but torn between Barcelona and Real for the team. 

Both have a ageing squad, but with plenty of money available and players to sell. 

Atletico :P

I really don’t think it matters much. Plenty of money available and you’ll have put your own stamp on the squad within a few transfer windows anyway. Both have top quality resources and a few good youngsters.

2 hours ago, obdz said:

Can youth, hot prospect, or wonderkid players reach their PA without a youth coach in their team?

I have a def. coach (assistant), an att. coach, and two fitness coaches, and I'm a motivational coach. 

Yes, I only rarely have a youth coach. Some youngster will get a boost if you have one, but the effect will be minimal and most players will reach their PA eventually (though some players never do for various reasons).

Edited by Scratch
1 hour ago, Jsavfc said:

Right now, I'd go for Barcelona. Someone needs to help them find some pride again after that 8-2 thumping from Bayern...

This popped up on my game today, never seen it before; 

353762169_Screenshot_20200824-134308_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.6f7ec718a90b79d00836556d15d2ac15.jpg

Thought it was a decent feature, had the chance to respond with a few different options. 

For what its worth, it was at half time and we were 2-0 up so brought on a back/youth player to get some game time. 

This came up two days later; 

238078283_Screenshot_20200824-134501_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.febc94c8a374106aa82a8f453ce6d968.jpg

10 hours ago, Jsavfc said:

This popped up on my game today, never seen it before; 

353762169_Screenshot_20200824-134308_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.6f7ec718a90b79d00836556d15d2ac15.jpg

Thought it was a decent feature, had the chance to respond with a few different options. 

For what its worth, it was at half time and we were 2-0 up so brought on a back/youth player to get some game time. 

This came up two days later; 

238078283_Screenshot_20200824-134501_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.febc94c8a374106aa82a8f453ce6d968.jpg

Nice! I remember this being in CM/FM (or maybe even early FMM), but can't remember running into it in recent years. I guess it's not that easy to trigger though. I feel like that should happen more often...

6 hours ago, Scratch said:

Nice! I remember this being in CM/FM (or maybe even early FMM), but can't remember running into it in recent years. I guess it's not that easy to trigger though. I feel like that should happen more often...

In both TT’s I’ve done this year I have had one player that will moan about being substituted quite often. It tended to be when we played weaker teams so in my TNS save it happened a crazy amount.

4 hours ago, Foxy said:

In both TT’s I’ve done this year I have had one player that will moan about being substituted quite often. It tended to be when we played weaker teams so in my TNS save it happened a crazy amount.

What can I say? My lot know better than to try that nonsense on with me! :P 

Nah, interesting. I guess I never sub a player until 60 minutes at the earliest, if that makes a difference. And they are generally getting close to 80% before they come off. So maybe I'm operating just inside the limits? Or maybe the players in your TNS save had a lower Professionalism score (because it was a lower level), so are more easily upset?

14 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Nah, interesting. I guess I never sub a player until 60 minutes at the earliest, if that makes a difference. And they are generally getting close to 80% before they come off. So maybe I'm operating just inside the limits? Or maybe the players in your TNS save had a lower Professionalism score (because it was a lower level), so are more easily upset?

I’m the same and I think it is totally to do with professionalism and possibly ambition. I had the same with Pellegri in my last save as well but just as with TNS it was only one of the three players that ever moaned so clearly it is something in the hidden attributes that makes some players more likely to whine.

1 hour ago, obdz said:

What does TT and TNS stand for? 

TT = Triple Threat which is a challenge we have to score 1500 goals between three players.

TNS = The New Saints which are a Welsh football team that I completed the Triple Threat Challenge whilst managing them.

15 hours ago, Foxy said:

I’m the same and I think it is totally to do with professionalism and possibly ambition. I had the same with Pellegri in my last save as well but just as with TNS it was only one of the three players that ever moaned so clearly it is something in the hidden attributes that makes some players more likely to whine.

Interesting. I've had no problems with Pellegri in my current save... Then again, I fined/warned all my players for performances with rating of 6 and under until their Professionalism and Work Rate etc improved. So I guess I fixed him! 

BTW, I can't recommend that trick enough - I only learned it a couple of saves ago and I'm not sure how many people know about it (so I'll mention it here), but it allowed me to turn Andy Carroll into a professional player! 😯

la-galaxy-season01-11.jpg

I just kept on fining him until he got annoyed, then stopped. For him, I got a message that he was annoyed but would let it go this time, but for some players they get unhappy and you need to give them a new contract (or for some you simply stop getting improvements messages). Some players respond to warnings, but some ignore the warning and need to be fined. Anyway, I think it's helped my teams...

It won't help with Ambition as far as I can tell, only Professionalism, Work Rate and Determination (at least they are the only ones that a message comes up for). 

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

BTW, I can't recommend that trick enough - I only learned it a couple of saves ago and I'm not sure how many people know about it (so I'll mention it here), but it allowed me to turn Andy Carroll into a professional player! 😯

la-galaxy-season01-11.jpg

I just kept on fining him until he got annoyed, then stopped. For him, I got a message that he was annoyed but would let it go this time, but for some players they get unhappy and you need to give them a new contract (or for some you simply stop getting improvements messages). Some players respond to warnings, but some ignore the warning and need to be fined. Anyway, I think it's helped my teams...

It won't help with Ambition as far as I can tell, only Professionalism, Work Rate and Determination (at least they are the only ones that a message comes up for). 

Nice to see a warning or a fine will help. Do you do it after every 6 (or lower)? How about the morale of the player? 

2 hours ago, GianniVesparinni said:

Nice to see a warning or a fine will help. Do you do it after every 6 (or lower)? How about the morale of the player? 

It's tricky to track, as some players will only respond to a warning and will get upset at a fine (ie feel they have been treated unfairly), while others will ignore a warning and only respond to a fine! So you need to remember which are which.

And once a player reaches the max that they will upgrade, then they will either accept your warning/fine (sometimes with a morale decrease, sometimes not) or they will tell you to go get lost (sometimes they will think they've been treated unfairly, so it's new contract time). So you need to remember which players you've already maxed out.

I start by warning every starting player with a rating of 6 or below, then start fining those who ignore the warning and keep going with that until I hit their limit. It's messy and hard to track, but can make a difference (at least it seems to, to me).

3 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Neuer regen footedness doesn’t really match so I don’t think it’s Neuer’s but still a class regen

They look dead on! Does FMM have newgens or just regens? Newgens would be better than regens in my opinion as game would be harder and you'd not know whose who 

1 minute ago, AdamNufc said:

They look dead on! Does FMM have newgens or just regens? Newgens would be better than regens in my opinion as game would be harder and you'd not know whose who 

The one i think is Messi is spot on, Strobl only has orange left foot, Neuer is green on both. 

1 minute ago, AdamNufc said:

There’s both. Most newgens are those class regens but doesn’t match any worldclass potential player footedness. One of my regen in Fabio Silva career for example a CM playing for Scotland. He’s too good to be anyone from Scotland regen

@Jsavfc - like the other's have said, Messi regen looks legit, but the goalie isn't Neuer's regen. In the scouting app I'm developing, I added a "who is this player a regen of" feature. I did a lot of testing on this and I never once saw a regen change feet. The only things that are guaranteed to stay the same are the feet and the real numeric PA (and they will have one of the original player's green positions).

19 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Does FMM have newgens or just regens? Newgens would be better than regens in my opinion as game would be harder and you'd not know whose who 

From what I've seen, most will come back as exact regens (same numeric PA, same feet guaranteed, same nationality one green position shared). Some will change nationalities (but not PA or feet). And every so often a player is blown to the wind and his PA given to an existing player. But that's really rare in my experience.

19 hours ago, broodje kip said:

One of my regen in Fabio Silva career for example a CM playing for Scotland. He’s too good to be anyone from Scotland regen

Darren Fletcher's regen is class. If you get him young and train him up, he'll look as good as pretty much anyone in the game. Not saying that your regen couldn't have been someone from a different nationality because that definitely happens, but there are a couple of Scottish players who are good enough that with the right training will turn into a lean green machine. 

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Darren Fletcher's regen is class. If you get him young and train him up, he'll look as good as pretty much anyone in the game. Not saying that your regen couldn't have been someone from a different nationality because that definitely happens, but there are a couple of Scottish players who are good enough that with the right training will turn into a lean green machine. 

That’s very interesting but his attributes at the age of 17 is like a World Class midfielders. He got the attributes quite similar to Bernardo Silva

10 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

That’s very interesting but his attributes at the age of 17 is like a World Class midfielders. He got the attributes quite similar to Bernardo Silva

Yeah, it could easily be someone else (you should be able to tell from the feet), but while Silva is better than Fletcher, it's only by half a star (in terms of real PA).

But, as I said, I'm not saying it's him or anything, just pointing out he's not bad. Most people don't think of him because he starts the game with low CA, but his regen ain't bad.

1 hour ago, alfredykyk said:

@Scratch, is there going to be a release date?

I would really want to know about hidden attributes.

Umm... I've decided to not any extra stuff for now, and to focus on fixing the bugs in it. I'm hoping to do that soon and get a beta version out. But I don't have much time to spend on it at the moment, so can't promise when. It is getting closer though.

I suppose this is common problem. Save after save reserve teams results are dire. No matter how good reserve team is or how many first team players you demote to play they are being trashed easily by inferior greyed-out reserve teams. Is this something that does not have any solution, or anyone figured out how to make them play properly? Hopefully SI will offer more hands-on controlling for reserve in FMM2021