Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

This is turning in to a classic. Could see this going on for ages! 

I hope not, I want it to end 😂

The Final - Challenge 3

With @samhardy taking time away from Vibe due to him joining Lee Johnson’s backroom team in one final attempt to turn around Sunderland’s form and get them promoted it falls to me to post this weeks results.

The situation is a simple one.

@Rich must win this challenge to then go into challenge 4 looking to win the title, if @broodje kip wins then he will be champion and a draw would set up a sudden death shootout next week with the winner being crowned VPL2021 champ.

Rich had picked the option of no midfielders this week and they were managing Liverpool.

Results - Games 1-5

Match 1 - A v Fulham (Rich) A v Leicester (kip)

Rich: 2-0 win

Kip: 3-3

Match 2 - H v WBA (Rich) H v Brighton

Rich: 5-0 win

Kip: 4-0 win

Match 3 - A v Everton (Rich) A v Burnley (Kip)

Rich: 5-3 win

Kip: 3-1 win

Match 4 - H v Tottenham (Rich) A v Everton (Kip)

Rich: 2-2

Kip: 2-0 win

Match 5 - H v Aston Villa (Rich) H v Arsenal (Kip)

Rich: 3-1 win

Kip: 2-2 draw

After the first 5 matches Rich has an advantage having 4 wins and a draw compared to Kip with 3 wins and 2 draws but it’s all still to play for.

Matches 6 - 10

Match 6 - A v Leicester (Rich) H v Man City (Kip)

Rich: 3-1 win

Kip: 4-1 win

Match 7 - A v Brighton (Rich) A v West Ham (Kip)

Rich: 1-0 win

Match 8 - H v Arsenal (Rich) H v Chelsea (Kip)

Rich: 2-1 win

Kip: 5-1 win

Match 9 - A v Man Utd (Rich) A v Crystal Palace (Kip)

Rich: 4-4

Kip: 2-2

Match 10 - H v Burnley (Rich) H v Newcastle (Kip)

Rich: 6-2 win

Kip: 3-0 win

With just 5 games remaining the advantage lies with Rich despite a second draw as Kip drew one more game in this 5 game stint and now has 3 draws in total.

Matches 11 - 15

Match 11 - A v Southampton (Rich) A v WBA (Kip)

Rich: 4-2 win

Match 12 - H v Crystal Palace (Rich) H v Leeds

Rich: 4-1 win

Match 13 - H v Man City (Rich) A Aston Villa (Kip)

Rich: 4-2 win

Match 14 - A v Chelsea (Rich) A v Wolves (Kip)

Rich: 3-2 win

Kip: 3-2 win

This means that if Rich wins this next match he wins the challenge and goes within one win of the title.

Match 15 - A v West Ham (Rich) H v Tottenham (Kip)

Rich: 4-1 win

That leaves the final score as...

Rich - 41pts

Kip - 39pts

So it’s a win for the Welshman and he can now take the title in the 4th challenge if he wins. A Kip win or a draw would lead to a final 5th challenge that would decide the title either way.

The 4th challenge will be no goalkeepers in the squad and it is @broodje kip turn to choose the club you will manage.

image.png.e4185a0a7525f258b3d7c0f8f3f1990d.png

11 hours ago, Chelseaplchamps2022 said:

Oh wow! My money's on a draw 😁😁 .

11 hours ago, Rich said:

This final will be still going in 2022 I think 😂

The winner will be decided in a maximum of two challenges now as if @broodje kip wins challenge 4 it will go to a 5 game “shootout” to decide the champion.

It took me like 2 hours yesterday to catch up with everything from the start but I can tell you one thing ... it’s bloody exciting and I’m a bit sad I didn’t get to see things happen as they came but it’s absolutely thrilling stuff! I’m gonna back @Rich to win. Sorry @broodje kip😅

3 minutes ago, L_Dotz said:

It took me like 2 hours yesterday to catch up with everything from the start but I can tell you one thing ... it’s bloody exciting and I’m a bit sad I didn’t get to see things happen as they came but it’s absolutely thrilling stuff! I’m gonna back @Rich to win. Sorry @broodje kip😅

Haha you’d regret it 😂

6 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

DAFC7216-94E5-48E6-957E-94A03DEEDF70.thumb.png.9cbd39f41967bc2aed69524a6cd7f857.png

Not the best goalkeeper but he was reliable and did the job ver well.

I haven’t got a screenshot now but my keeper wasn’t too bad either between the sticks. Look forward to seeing how we both did 😝

32 minutes ago, Rich said:

I haven’t got a screenshot now but my keeper wasn’t too bad either between the sticks. Look forward to seeing how we both did 😝

I really should’ve bought Kyle Walker. Having a little regret ngl 😂

I would probably buy Valentini in the future though. Very versatile and reliable

The Final - Challenge 4

The longest most drawn out final in Vibe history continues but we could have a winner tonight as it’s a very simple equation.

If @Rich wins this challenge he will have won the required two challenges in a row and will be crowned champion.

If @broodje kip wins this challenge then he takes the final all the way to a 5 match penalty shootout which I will give more details on if it’s needed.

This challenge saw the lads take over at Bayern and they had to use an outfield player in goal. Just as the previous 3 challenges they had 15 league games to do as well as they can and league points decides the winner.

The blanked out fixtures on the screenshots are cup games and not relevant to the challenge.

Matches 1 to 5

Broodje Kip Results

Kip made a solid start with 3 wins and 2 draws.

1400348211_kip1-5.jpg.f294c8db504700b72ffbc291b22f65a4.jpg

Rich results

Rich did better though and takes an early lead as he won 4 of his first 5 games and drew just won.

888374466_rich1-4.jpg.aa3122220e76fbe369e91a2e14cb5cec.jpg20800041-FDB5-4888-A782-A0F3DDCA0C0E.jpeg.f480fcd2bbf23c5dc7c05fd915b8b0b1.jpeg

That gives Rich a 2pt lead after the first 3rd of the fixtures.

Broodje Kip 11 v 13 Rich

Matches 6 to 10

Rich Results

A few wobbles at the back for Rich in these games but he still smashed out 4 wins and a draw and he seems to be really stamping his authority onto this challenge.

936011695_rich6-10.jpg.7b54783b10401f41ff92ee6e98d3eb8b.jpg

Broodje Kip Results

We see our first loss as Kip went down 2-0 to Werder and along with a 1-1 draw as well this is starting to look tough for Kip to get back into this final.

1714791217_kip6.jpg.0c8c12dc768d790843a8acfabce2a105.jpg2060722957_kip7-10.jpg.a377f2e423ea39f2085cdf08fa82c050.jpg

After 2 thirds of the games Rich has extended his lead to 5 points now with just another 5 games to go. Kip is going to need a perfect 5 wins out of 5 in the final games to stand any chance of forcing an extra challenge in this final.

Broodje Kip 21 v 26 Rich

Matches 11 to 15

Broodje Kip Results

With his back against the wall Kip comes out fighting with a run of 5 wins to give himself a fighters chance in this challenge.

720058490_kip11-15.jpg.ba2d5c8c84dd2ed76e3355bcdfd86206.jpg

This gives Kip a final score of 36 points.

That means in order to win the title Rich needs to score 11 points in the final 5 games.

Spoiler

He not only got the 11pts he needed but he too won all 5 games to finish with an impressive record of just 2 draws and 13 wins.

1415927324_rich11-15.jpg.cfbfceb55a3dc774b7640aec7fa387ad.jpg

Final Score

Broodje Kip - 36pts

Rich - 41pts

winner.thumb.png.cd2e4d4b1d6ea1b57294da5113316e88.png

Congratulations to @Rich who becomes the 2021 VPL champion after topping the league table as well. He has been very consistent throughout this event and is a worthy winner.

Commiserations to @broodje kip who put up a brave fight in the final and could have won it himself earlier on but he just fell at the final hurdle.

Thank you to everyone who took part or who has read and followed along with this event. Also thanks to @samhardy for doing much of the “heavy lifting” in this event and even coming up with a couple of challenges now and again when he wasn’t calling my many ideas shite.

Thanks for reading.

First of all would like to say you pushed me all the way @broodje kip, been a great final 👍

Also thanks to @samhardy and @FuddledFox for organising a great event. It’s been very tough at times and made me hate FMM a bit. But I’ve enjoyed massively.

I didn’t think going in to my first Vibe tournament I would win it was nice to go against the best, but knowing @Rob had a tenner on me, motivated me! I never finished top of any challenges I don’t think, but somehow won. But all this proves is that Newcastle and Wales fans absolutely rule 😝

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

C722CD4C-B9F6-4E97-9B1D-FBC605FCF689.thumb.jpeg.0284021cd2d8eb0748bf30325c76ad0b.jpeg

‘And new.....VPL champion: Rich!’

I always dream about Howard Finkel, nothing to do with announcing though 😍