Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The Relationship Thread....

Jayze

Are you going out with someone Ben?

Me? Nah. I never have and I don't think I will for a long time

Me thinks i has something to do with the club you support ;)

I'm in a long distance one with this stunning Portuguese girl I met in an international school in Lisbon. I think her name was something like Carmelita Rosa Mendes, but I just call her Rose.

How do you understand each other? :blink:

Are you going out with someone Ben?

Me? Nah. I never have and I don't think I will for a long time

Me thinks i has something to do with the club you support ;)

I'm pretty sure it's not ;)

Not been funny Jeffrey lad but Jens has a point, Can you see yourself with a girl who you have to use Google translate to speak too?

Not to spark a massive argument that I'll probably lose in the end because of the sheer number of people that disagree with me, but why is everyone trying to talk me out of my relationship?

Not to spark a massive argument that I'll probably lose in the end because of the sheer number of people that disagree with me, but why is everyone trying to talk me out of my relationship?

I'm not :) If you want to be in this relationship with this girl, carry on! :)

It just seems weird when you're having a relationship with a Portuguese girl and you don't even speak Portuguese...does she know English? If not, to many people it seems impossiblewink.gif

Of course, the power of love is amazinglaugh.gif

FINALLY! SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME!

9sv689.jpg

Tell me it's not worth trying to make this relationship work. Go on, just say it if you're thinking it.

True, can't see you getting better :P

Side note at the picture, did you get her consent to post it up?

Also long distant relationships do not work! I've seen to of my friends have to break up due to the distance they were. And that was still in the UK.

She went down to Bournemouth Uni and he went up to Edinburgh uni and cause of the amount of time apart they had to break up due to not being able to see/be each other other than at term breaks.

I am not trying to dishearten you but that is the truth, even if you do move to Portugal you will more likely go to an English speaking school than a Portuguese one which I am guessing she is at.

Also long distant relationships do not work! I've seen to of my friends have to break up due to the distance they were. And that was still in the UK.

She went down to Bournemouth Uni and he went up to Edinburgh uni and cause of the amount of time apart they had to break up due to not being able to see/be each other other than at term breaks.

I am not trying to dishearten you but that is the truth, even if you do move to Portugal you will more likely go to an English speaking school than a Portuguese one which I am guessing she is at.

Sad but truemellow.gif

Yes I did.

Let the kid have his fun guys, it will be a good lesson for him when it doesn't work out ;).

Thank your for that encouragement Dec :P

I wouldn't say it is as long as you are both willing to make sacrificies...

I should also mention she's my bosses daughter ;p

Go for it Conor! :P

Interesting little predicament/Story that I'm involved in at the moment.

Incase you don't know I'm 14 but the youngest in my year (3 days Later I'd be in year 9) My ex is The 4th? Oldest in Year 9 I think there was a month between us or summat so nothing too bad.

We were going out for about 6 months and then something happened and we split up. Now I still had feelings for the girl and I still do this day do. Anyway 2 months on she's with a lad in year 11 I'm with someone in my year. Now basically it turns out that the by she's with dosen't like me because he get's jealous of mine and Jess's relationship (Jess is the ex). Now both me and Jess don't want to not speak to eachother and it's clear we both still have feelings etc etc. It now turns out that at the tender age of 13 she's lost her Virginity to this lad in year 11! I told my Mom about it for some reason and she said don't you dare go out wit her again. Now her BF will be leaving in May so i doubt it will last past then. Mine and my current lasses relationship is normal but nothing special. So what I'm scared of is if those 2 split up and say I'm not with Laura what I do. Because as much as my head says no way! I don't know what I would do when Push comes to shove. What do you lot think?

You have to think - Is she the type of girl who would do that with any lad? Her boyfriend is 16 and would be at the stage where kissing and holding hands isn't enough where as in Year 9 it is. To be honest it makes no difference to her personality.

Incase you don't know I'm 14 but the youngest in my year (3 days Later I'd be in year 9) My ex is The 4th? Oldest in Year 9 I think there was a month between us or summat so nothing too bad.

We were going out for about 6 months and then something happened and we split up. Now I still had feelings for the girl and I still do this day do. Anyway 2 months on she's with a lad in year 11 I'm with someone in my year. Now basically it turns out that the by she's with dosen't like me because he get's jealous of mine and Jess's relationship (Jess is the ex). Now both me and Jess don't want to not speak to eachother and it's clear we both still have feelings etc etc. It now turns out that at the tender age of 13 she's lost her Virginity to this lad in year 11! I told my Mom about it for some reason and she said don't you dare go out wit her again. Now her BF will be leaving in May so i doubt it will last past then. Mine and my current lasses relationship is normal but nothing special. So what I'm scared of is if those 2 split up and say I'm not with Laura what I do. Because as much as my head says no way! I don't know what I would do when Push comes to shove. What do you lot think?

If I can give you kids a good advice: there's never a good reason to share your love life with your parents.

If I can give you kids a good advice: there's never a good reason to share your love life with your parents.

Well it depends how cool your mum is. I share everything with my mum because she doesn't really give a shit, I mean other peopel share their love lifes with her instead of their own parents haha she's that cool.

OT: So you're in Year 10. Your girlfriend is in Year 10. Your ex is in Year 9. And your ex's current boyfriend is in Year 11. Just confirm that as I got confuddled with the ages.

Wait did she have sex with him whilst in Year 8 or 9. Year 9 ain't that bad, it is, but not as bad as Year 8 as I see a huge gap in the mentality between 8's and 9's. But you don't have to instantly have to return to Jess if you break up with Laura and depending on how long you're with Laura and how far apart you and Jess are your feelings for her are going to die down. Plus who says Jess and Mr Eleven will break up when he leaves. Many couples with that age gap from my school didn't break up as the older one left so there is no way to say Jess and Mr Eleven will.

Also even if you do get with her if your relationship and her relationship break up and you do get together you don't have to go off like rabbits. My best mate and his girlfriend will be together for 2 years in Feb and they still haven't done it as they know it ain't a big deal to them because they do love each other and it shows in comparison to other relationships where they shag after 2 weeks and break up a month later.

Although that is in high school and to me when you get to 16 I don't really think the amount time between the beginning of the relationship and the day the couple first shag is that big of a deal anyway.

So take my advice because I'm gay so probably right.