Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The Transfer Thread

Ashez

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Mbappe looks like he's off to Madrid then. 

Then City apparently looking to sell Sterling to buy Ronaldo? What is this window! Suppose Ronaldo PR would block out some of the Mendy PR. 

But seriously binning Sterling seems crazy either way, especially for Ronaldo. Doubt City would do business with us but I'd be tempted to take Sterling back. 

I just hope PSG don't come after Salah. 

It seems so baffling tbh.

Totally getting the Mbappe to Madrid thing but the rest just seems ridiculous. I’m getting that PSG would need a replacement for Mbappe but then wondering why Salah would want to go to them. Money is one thing I suppose but would that be enough for him at this stage? I mean, all I’ve seen from Mbappe so far has been in either CL or international tournaments and perhaps the odd clip I may have seen of him domestically. We got Salah at a time when hardly anyone else wanted him, it worked out well and now he’s pretty much no.1 and he’d be going there with Messi and Neymar. A move to Real or Barca and I’d see it but PSG, no not for me.

The Ronaldo Sterling stuff is just absurd and there surely can’t be anything in that.

For a whole this has been such a crazy transfer window and I’m sure the next few days will be as well. But as a Newcastle fan it’s been bloody awful. 

I can’t see Salah going to PSG over the last few days though. I have seen PSG are interested in Richarlison, what a downgrade that will be, Mbappe to Richarlison😂

8 hours ago, Ian said:

It seems so baffling tbh.

Totally getting the Mbappe to Madrid thing but the rest just seems ridiculous. I’m getting that PSG would need a replacement for Mbappe but then wondering why Salah would want to go to them. Money is one thing I suppose but would that be enough for him at this stage? I mean, all I’ve seen from Mbappe so far has been in either CL or international tournaments and perhaps the odd clip I may have seen of him domestically. We got Salah at a time when hardly anyone else wanted him, it worked out well and now he’s pretty much no.1 and he’d be going there with Messi and Neymar. A move to Real or Barca and I’d see it but PSG, no not for me.

The Ronaldo Sterling stuff is just absurd and there surely can’t be anything in that.

I'll be nervous until Salah signs a new deal, PSG could offer him more than we could dream of. Salah and Mbappe are likely the best wide forwards in world football, Madrid apparently always wanted one or the other but Mbappe obviously had time on his side. 

We know PSG are going all out for the CL, imagine Neymar Messi Salah. Jesus. 

If PSG do come in and offer him some stupid wage we can't match we're in a bad position. IIRC we're hesitant to go over £300k, PSG could blow that out the water with ease, we also have the issue of if we do break the bank to keep Salah you'll have VVD and whoever else knocking on the door screwing up our structure. That's why I assume he's been left until last to try keep Becker, Trent, Fabinho and VVD quiet. 

Imagine losing Salah this week, he's 29 so it's his last big pay day which always has an impact and he has done it all at Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

I'll be nervous until Salah signs a new deal, PSG could offer him more than we could dream of. Salah and Mbappe are likely the best wide forwards in world football, Madrid apparently always wanted one or the other but Mbappe obviously had time on his side. 

We know PSG are going all out for the CL, imagine Neymar Messi Salah. Jesus. 

If PSG do come in and offer him some stupid wage we can't match we're in a bad position. IIRC we're hesitant to go over £300k, PSG could blow that out the water with ease, we also have the issue of if we do break the bank to keep Salah you'll have VVD and whoever else knocking on the door screwing up our structure. That's why I assume he's been left until last to try keep Becker, Trent, Fabinho and VVD quiet. 

Imagine losing Salah this week, he's 29 so it's his last big pay day which always has an impact and he has done it all at Liverpool. 

I cannot grasp this FFP. I'm not a Liverpool fan. But they won the prem they won UCL. Top 3 team every year. And yet somehow psg can sign all these players on ridiculous wages. Surly there fiddling. No way they generate more revenue than LFC 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

For a whole this has been such a crazy transfer window and I’m sure the next few days will be as well. But as a Newcastle fan it’s been bloody awful. 

I can’t see Salah going to PSG over the last few days though. I have seen PSG are interested in Richarlison, what a downgrade that will be, Mbappe to Richarlison😂

Just hope they leave ASM where he is. Cause if he goes we may aswel start planning for Championship lol

Just now, Plimmerz92 said:

Just hope they leave ASM where he is. Cause if he goes we may aswel start planning for Championship lol

Sooner bruce goes the better I think Ashley will have no choice but to get his butt in gear. We will see if this takeover is real or false. 5 or 6 games gone by and if we lose all and bruce still there it's fake news. Ashley will know this if we get relegated no owner will want to invest to get us up and stay up without fail. We need alot of investment as is

2 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

Tbh mate i think we already are. Its the only way the sale will go through.

Just now, Plimmerz92 said:

Sooner bruce goes the better I think Ashley will have no choice but to get his butt in gear. We will see if this takeover is real or false. 5 or 6 games gone by and if we lose all and bruce still there it's fake news. Ashley will know this if we get relegated no owner will want to invest to get us up and stay up without fail. We need alot of investment as is

Yeah I’ve read Ashley that Ashley has said to Bruce, you have the same squad you were raving about towards the end of the season, so you should be able to do the job. Hopefully this means if this run continues, he’s out. But I doubt it, probably all media bollocks. 

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Yeah I’ve read Ashley that Ashley has said to Bruce, you have the same squad you were raving about towards the end of the season, so you should be able to do the job. Hopefully this means if this run continues, he’s out. But I doubt it, probably all media bollocks. 

Id love a new face in a younger man like howe or someone with a bit of drive. I reckon howe could be a good fit at toon. He's the only one out there currently I think I'd have anyways

I’m amazed if PSG do go for someone they ain’t chucking money at Spurs for Son, who is a much better player than both Salah and Richarlison. Weird.

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

I’m amazed if PSG do go for someone they ain’t chucking money at Spurs for Son, who is a much better player than both Salah and Richarlison. Weird.

You never see Son linked with anyone, I always found that weird. He’s one hell of a player, I don’t rate Richarlison that highly personally.

Ronaldo odds on to go to Manchester United now, absolutely mental. But they couldn’t let city have him and I don’t blame them.

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

A few more penalties for Bruno to score then 

No chance Ronaldo will let him take them!

Ronaldo played a blinder, basically embarrassed United into signing him, you have to love it. I'm sure he'd have gone to City but the way he forced United's hand is magical. 

Then the embarrassment for City being stood up by Ronaldo, told where to go by Spurs and eaten alive by PSG. Not the big bully boys they thought 😂. If City were after Ronaldo surely they were in the ring for Messi to? You know the one that suits them and is younger. 

Interesting where City go for a striker now though. 

35 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Ronaldo played a blinder, basically embarrassed United into signing him, you have to love it. I'm sure he'd have gone to City but the way he forced United's hand is magical. 

Then the embarrassment for City being stood up by Ronaldo, told where to go by Spurs and eaten alive by PSG. Not the big bully boys they thought 😂. If City were after Ronaldo surely they were in the ring for Messi to? You know the one that suits them and is younger. 

Interesting where City go for a striker now though. 

Hey Billy! I’m here! BILLLLLLYYYYY!!!!!

12 hours ago, Ashez said:

It’s a difficult one for me as I’d probably be somewhat hesitantly keen on us accepting a massive offer for Salah or any of the other players we have in that age group.  It’s strange how things change as if this was 20 years ago I’d never entertain such thoughts but looking at it from a business point of view and it makes sense. I’m not saying we should push it but if the big offers come in then we need to be thinking about it as we could easily get caught out as we have a great squad but a good few are hitting 30. The Jota deal last year gives me confidence that we have a good chance of getting things right if we do kind of look to rebuild. 

The Ronaldo deal seems like a good one for all concerned to me. No doubt the wages will be massive but because of who he is it mightn’t affect their structure too much. Plus the merchandise sales etc and it seems like a good deal. Not overly confident that it’ll help them too much on the pitch but it’s probably worth the risk as I can’t see it hindering them much either at worst. 

Hate to say it but the Ronaldo deal is amazing deal all round. Utd will be a force with the signings they have managed to get this year, Ronaldo is easy 30 goals a season. He will rip most teams apart, Utd/Chelsea for me this year 

Ronaldo's desire to win and ability to motivate those around him like he does with Portugal worries me more than his actual ability. However I still don't see them as a threat, the manager is average and both their strikers are over 34. If they sign a top DMC however I'll start twitching, the Neves deal doesn't worry me but say a Bissouma would. 

I see what you mean @Ian, it's like the Hendo contract. Business wise I get the hesitation but we had to keep him and I feel the same about Salah. Salah is so underrated it's unreal, he's basically a guaranteed 20+ goals from the wing which is very tough to replace. I agree Jota makes me worry less but it's not like we've managed to repeat that this window like imo we need to do.  

Transfer deadline day is not fun as a Newcastle fan fair play. 

But we have signed Santiago Munoz, are we trolling by signing the player from the movie goal? 😂

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Transfer deadline day is not fun as a Newcastle fan fair play. 

But we have signed Santiago Munoz, are we trolling by signing the player from the movie goal? 😂

Sums up the ambition this year really to be honest which makes me think even more that this (supposed) takeover was fake news all along! I know newcastle don't generate a war chest of funds a year. But come on we generate more than 25m a year. You get like 60-70m just by staying in the prem. Typical Ashley back pocketing the dosh. 

Ambition hire a man who quits when the going gets tough.

Recruit players on a 5-6 year contract sell for profit 

Aim to finish above a dog fight each year. 

Great season ahead for us toon fans @Rich even hamza doesn't want to join us Lol.

We need more than a miracle this year every team I've seen play so far in the prem look more of a threat than us in my opinion and that's worrying. Excluding arsenal no offence to any gunners on here. 

Saying that arsenal will be just fine arteta just needs to find that balance and get the backing of his players. 

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Forget about Newcastle for now, Griezmann is back to Atletico Madrid!

In my opinion he never should of left to be fair. I don't get why these players feel they'd be better off elsewhere. Atletico world class team world class manager. Antoine suarez Felix that's frightening 

5 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Forget about Newcastle for now, Griezmann is back to Atletico Madrid!

Would be nice if we could forget about Newcastle forever 

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Would be nice if we could forget about Newcastle forever 

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Wouldn’t mind if that happens

I kind of agree at the moment 😂

On 27/08/2021 at 20:18, Rob said:

Hey Billy! I’m here! BILLLLLLYYYYY!!!!!

I'm not going to lie, I've wanted a top striker to come to City for the last 3 seasons. Aguero's body let him down a long time ago and Jesus hasn't hit the heights he could have. That said he's started brilliantly on the right so far. 

Did I want Messi? Yes 100%, last year when he asked to leave Barca. I wasn't sure if he could do it in the Prem that late in his career but I wanted to see it. 

Fast forward another season and that 100% wanting Messi changed to, 'probably not a good signing now'. It started to feel a bit George Best to Bournemouth for me. The kudos of having a player with that history would have outweighed the player on the pitch long passed his prime. The Prem is a different animal to other leagues and physical attributes are so important here. 

My thoughts on Ronaldo are even more  meh. At least you could argue how Messi could fit in a Pep team. There is no way CR7 was suited to our style. Commercial reasons aside, I couldn't make a case for wanting Ron at City. 

Kane. Would have been great but Levy has destroyed that boys career. Kane not blameless, he shouldn't have signed a 6 year contract. Gentleman's agreement means FA to Levy when money is involved. Could City have afforded him, yes of course but contrary to popular belief City do set themselves limits. 

On our transfer activity. 

As I say, I've wanted a striker for a few years now. Liam Delap is young and has showed great promise so hopefully he gets some match time when fit. 

Slightly underwhelmed by signing Jack G. £100m feck.... Can't help feeling the nation's hysteria with Jack played a part in escalating that price. Possible question marks over KDB's fitness and injury record has made this move happen. 

Left back is another area we have needed to fill for 5 years. Mendy is obviously a liability on and off the field and we can't keep trolling the other teams with Delph and Zinchenko taking the pee at left back winning us titles. Gutted that Nuno Mendes has gone to PSG, he was the long term solution. 

Patrick Roberts off to Troyes on loan, it really is last chance saloon for the boy wonder who promised so much. 

We will probably quietly go about our business winning a couple of trophies this year which will be greeted as failure by opposing fans but those trophies add up and as someone who has been there since the dark days of the third tier (and before bouncing up and down the top two divisions) I will smile to myself every time we win a piece of silverware. 

It's better than an away trip to Wrexham

Edited by billy2shots