Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

1 hour ago, Woody said:

What the hell has happened to Sheff Utd?

I know teams tend to get found out 2nd season but that its a massive drop from grace compared to how organised they were last season.

It is strange as I think they were also pretty crap at the end of last season after the break. You’re then wondering if it’s the no fans thing but then it doesn’t really make any sense that that could impact them that much surely.

To me the blame lies with Wilder. He had a good idea with the tactics that took them up two leagues but one idea only gets you so far in the PL and once things start to go wrong there aren’t many worse people to have in charge of a club than Chris Wilder.

14 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

To me the blame lies with Wilder. He had a good idea with the tactics that took them up two leagues but one idea only gets you so far in the PL and once things start to go wrong there aren’t many worse people to have in charge of a club than Chris Wilder.

Take it he didnt do well at Oxford then?

Seems this is becoming a problem with some English managers. They are only one dimensional.

Yeah a lot of English managers are stuck to one way of playing.

I don’t know any West Brom fans but I would not be happy with Big Sam coming in and Bilic going out, what Bilic did with that squad is the most he could have.

7 minutes ago, Woody said:

Take it he didnt do well at Oxford then?

No he did very well for a few seasons and got us back into the football league and then consolidated and for that Oxford will always be grateful. The trouble was his manner and negatively wore the club down in the end and by the time he left morale in the players and fans was rock bottom.

He has done great since he left us but he wasn’t at Northampton long enough for the Wilder positive effect to wear off and the negative to kick in. I think he is a manager who has a big impact on a club early on but over time he grinds on everyone and it will only go one way ⬇️

57 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Never. A. Penalty. 

That is all. 

Not true, he clips Pogba, causing Pogba to kick his own leg and fall, not a lot in it, but contact was made and the right decision was made. 

Going against the trend here, but Sheffield United and Wilder annoy me and I am enjoying them being awful. I have no idea why, but I just found them arrogant last year. 🤷‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Going against the trend here, but Sheffield United and Wilder annoy me and I am enjoying them being awful. I have no idea why, but I just found them arrogant last year. 🤷‍♂️ 

I’m the same I don’t really like Wilder for some of the stuff he says, only thing I’m gutted about is Ampadu, we don’t have many top flight players 😂

Less than 24hrs to go!!

Got a feeling we might lose heavily tomorrow, i hear spurs are a bit good? But why not, let's give it a go, glory awaits... This is the real final, can't see either of the Manchester teams troubling either of us in the final...

1 minute ago, Mr Tree said:

Less than 24hrs to go!!

Got a feeling we might lose heavily tomorrow, i hear spurs are a bit good? But why not, let's give it a go, glory awaits... This is the real final, can't see either of the Manchester teams troubling either of us in the final...

My mate was dead chuffed when we drew you. God knows why are you are the team I least wanted. You play good footy and won’t be favourites; everything JoMo doesn’t know how to set up against!

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

My mate was dead chuffed when we drew you. God knows why are you are the team I least wanted. You play good footy and won’t be favourites; everything JoMo doesn’t know how to set up against!

Ah, we're clearly the weak link of the four, plus an away draw was tough. But it's just 11 men against 11 others, who knows, que sera sera...

31 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Ah, we're clearly the weak link of the four, plus an away draw was tough. But it's just 11 men against 11 others, who knows, que sera sera...

As I think Sam said the other day, bottom half of Prem and top half of your league are much the same. Don’t you go trying to reverse psychology me! Haha.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

As I think Sam said the other day, bottom half of Prem and top half of your league are much the same. Don’t you go trying to reverse psychology me! Haha.

6-0 Spurs, put a fiver on it, easy money...

8 minutes ago, RichD said:

@Rob you’re underselling Tottenham for me, you still have Kane and Son!

Plus our best player is out after Joelinton landed one on him in his comeback game (after two months out) 😡

Just now, Mr Tree said:

Plus our best player is out after Joelinton landed one on him in his comeback game (after two months out) 😡

Sorry about Joelinton!

My perfect scenario would be Brentford vs Manchester United final, all my Man Utd fans over the moon and over confident and then Brentford win, the scenes 😁

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Ralph Hasenhüttl sobbing at the end of the game then. Brilliant. What a manager.

Brilliant! When Djenepo went off injured as well, the way he be reacted to it was class. 

Last season was the one for me to complete my jigsaw which I think I mentioned a few times lol but with that being said I’m still surprised at how unbothered I am about this season. Hardly care tbh so just enjoying it and I am still trying in the FPL so it’s nice now that I can actually cheer on players from rival teams.

Hopefully won’t last though as I expect to be back properly next year.

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Last season was the one for me to complete my jigsaw which I think I mentioned a few times lol but with that being said I’m still surprised at how unbothered I am about this season. Hardly care tbh so just enjoying it and I am still trying in the FPL so it’s nice now that I can actually cheer on players from rival teams.

Hopefully won’t last though as I expect to be back properly next year.

Just not the same without fans. Better than nothing, but not much. 

1 minute ago, Rob said:

I assume top level sport is continuing in this lockdown? I haven’t managed to read that anywhere yet. 

Yeah it is, England and Scotland elite sport is continuing.

Wales hasn’t got elite sports however.

6 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Just not the same without fans. Better than nothing, but not much. 

It just isn’t the same for me I have to say much like other sports and I wasn’t even a match going fan but we just have to get on with it I suppose.

As others have said, elite sport is fine for now and I really hope it continues.