Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Before the game kicks off, these young lads will give it there all. No pressure, nothing to lose. 

Klopp meanwhile, can NEVER moan about the amount of games, or his players being tired again. Virtually full strength when be knew he would be against kids today, could of rested Salah, Mane, Fabinho etc etc. Total dick move. 

Part of me actually hopes a big name for Liverpool gets an injury tonight, imagine if Salah does his hamstring.... Wonder what Klopp will blame that on... 

Edited by Jsavfc
8 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Before the game kicks off, these young lads will give it there all. No pressure, nothing to lose. 

Klopp meanwhile, can NEVER moan about the amount of games, or his players being tired again. Virtually full strength when be knew he would be against kids today, could of rested Salah, Mane, Fabinho etc etc. Total dick move. 

Part of me actually hopes a big name for Liverpool gets an injury tonight, imagine if Salah does his hamstring.... Wonder what Klopp will blame that on... 

Which is what Klopp does, unless forced he never goes completely weak. Even in a dead CL game he went strong which resulted in the Jota injury. Tbh the back 5 is what it had to be more or less, I'm surprised he's gone so strong in midfield and then it's the attack. One of the traditional front three was always starting imo, I just thought Origi or Shaq also would. 

Tbh maybe he's a little pissed off your lot decided to pull no punches last year and it's essentially a game he can't lose as it was for your lot last year. 

14 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

It’s a dick move cos Klopp is a dick. In which case it’s just a move. I expect he will do that silly punch celebration he does after the game too 🥱 

31 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Which is what Klopp does, unless forced he never goes completely weak. Even in a dead CL game he went strong which resulted in the Jota injury. Tbh the back 5 is what it had to be more or less, I'm surprised he's gone so strong in midfield and then it's the attack. One of the traditional front three was always starting imo, I just thought Origi or Shaq also would. 

Tbh maybe he's a little pissed off your lot decided to pull no punches last year and it's essentially a game he can't lose as it was for your lot last year. 

We didn't go full strength. If I remember correctly it was a mixture of reserves and fringe players. 

Edit - in regards to last year, it was Klopps decision to take his FULL squad to the CWC. Could of split it 50/50 but didn't. 

Edited by Jsavfc
12 hours ago, Jsavfc said:

We didn't go full strength. If I remember correctly it was a mixture of reserves and fringe players. 

Edit - in regards to last year, it was Klopps decision to take his FULL squad to the CWC. Could of split it 50/50 but didn't. 

We aren't full strength, we've peppered in some of the first team like most cup sides. 

Third choice keeper, second choice RB, 5/6th choice CB, midfielder, third choice LB. 

Two starting midfielders and Jones who's only first team due to injuries 

Two starting attackers and 3rd choice striker. 

It's strong regardless of the opposition don't misunderstand me but it's the first team, mixed with youth and the back ups. It's a cup side you'd expect. 

Ytf should Klopp split his squad due to poor scheduling? He prioritised winning a world title for the first time for the club. He made actual history for Liverpool, not many can say that. 

11 hours ago, Jsavfc said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Regardless of this ends, so so proud of our young lads. What a moment for Barry. 

Cracking goal. 

Match has gone as I expected goal aside tbh, not looking to enforce our superiority but just playing keep ball knowing we'll make chances. Minimum exertion knowing we're good enough, we play like this in the CL group alot and I hate it. It's risky and always has been. Hopefully they up the intensity for the second half. 

This is when I wish we were just ruthless, kill the game that half then get the big boys off the park. We never do that though, it's always the slow keep ball game plan. Tbf the keepers made some good saves though. 

Edited by Ashez

They're massively out of form and now have 9 days off. They were obviously match fit and not in the red zone according to the medical staff. I seriously don't see why we should have gone easy on them. Noone would go easy on us, no other clubs would go easy on opposition. 

In fact the way and style we played was us going easy on them, we just made sure we had the players on the pitch who could take the opportunities we created. We didn't even get out of second gear and we were only in that for a matter of minutes. 

If we didn't have the extra subs and the long time off after maybe they wouldn't have played. Origi is potentially available for transfer this month so maybe we didn't want to risk a sale by playing him? Jota is injured and Oxlade and Shaq are just back from injury, who were we actually meant to play in attack? At least one of the front three was always likely to play. 

Henderson and especially Gini playing annoys me alot more than Salah and Mane starting. 

From the Villa teams point of view they would have absolutely loved being out there on the same pitch as Mane and Salah, for most of them that dont make it to the big time, that will be a memory they cherish for the rest of their lives. 

Just now, Woody said:

Decent 1st half @RichD apart from that last 10 mins. Looked better pushed up abit more.

need to get more crosses in and players down the wings.

Yeah agreed, kept them to a minimum, was hoping for a bit more in attack but we look a bit better second half, arsenal haven’t got in to it. 

Carroll looking decent today again. Shame we haven’t got enough players around him.

1 minute ago, RichD said:

Yeah agreed, kept them to a minimum, was hoping for a bit more in attack but we look a bit better second half, arsenal haven’t got in to it. 

Carroll looking decent today again. Shame we haven’t got enough players around him.

He just needs wing support and one pling off him. Almiron and him did well 1st half.

Just now, Woody said:

He just needs wing support and one pling off him. Almiron and him did well 1st half.

As we’re speaking about Carrol he should have scored! 

Ive heard a lot of good things about Elliot Anderson from the under 23s, he’s quite attacking so I’d like to see him or Murphy come on for Joelinton.

Just now, RichD said:

As we’re speaking about Carrol he should have scored! 

Ive heard a lot of good things about Elliot Anderson from the under 23s, he’s quite attacking so I’d like to see him or Murphy come on for Joelinton.

Agree with Murphy and push Almiron to the left. Anderson does seem a good prospect. Id give him last 15 mins atleast.

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

Agree with Murphy and push Almiron to the left. Anderson does seem a good prospect. Id give him last 15 mins atleast.

Not happy to see Saka come on for them, Willian has been non existent.

Murphy is coming on now, think Bruce has read our comments.

Just seen the team Spurs/Mourinho put out! I'm outraged! They should be ashamed of themselves, absolute bullies! Everything wrong with football that, where's the spirit of the cup FFS! The FA should investigate imo as something is definitely up there. 

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Just seen the team Spurs/Mourinho put out! I'm outraged! They should be ashamed of themselves, absolute bullies! Everything wrong with football that, where's the spirit of the cup FFS! The FA should investigate imo as something is definitely up there. 

It’s Marine bud. You expect Marine, out of all teams to do good?

29 minutes ago, TheBluePrince said:

It’s Marine bud. You expect Marine, out of all teams to do good?

That's my point mate, why's he bullying a little team like Marine with such a strong side. Playing a player on 500k a week or whatever Bale is on verse a pub team is a joke. He could have sent the kid's, hell Jose could have led the line but nope he sends out a team of internationals. It's embarrassing mate. 

18 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's my point mate, why's he bullying a little team like Marine with such a strong side. Playing a player on 500k a week or whatever Bale is on verse a pub team is a joke. He could have sent the kid's, hell Jose could have led the line but nope he sends out a team of internationals. It's embarrassing mate. 

Honestly I’m not sure if it’s the other way in England but in Germany if any non-league team faces top clubs, they would want you to play your best XI even if they would get eliminated. It’s quite a way to show respect towards the opposition and not to look down to them.

Okay I can't take this any further lads, I'm completely taking the piss 😂

I was mocking the shit Liverpool got that is all, as it goes I agree with @broodje kips points. You'd want to play the big boys imo. 

7 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Honestly I’m not sure if it’s the other way in England but in Germany if any non-league team faces top clubs, they would want you to play your best XI even if they would get eliminated. It’s quite a way to show respect towards the opposition and not to look down to them.

I agree. Those players got to go home last night and say they shared a pitch with Gareth Bale. The keeper even saved one of his free kicks!

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

I agree. Those players got to go home last night and say they shared a pitch with Gareth Bale. The keeper even saved one of his free kicks!

Imagine going back home and tell your mom, “I saved Gareth Bale’s free kick. That guy won 3 Champions League.”

The FA & Premier League have different regulations it seems on postponing games. 
It would not of been fair on us at all if we had to play kids on Wednesday, when other teams (Newcastle, Man City, Fulham) have had league games postponed for less Covid cases than we have reported. 

IMO its the correct decision to postpone, and they have managed to get Spurs v Fulham instead haven't they?