Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Besides two centre backs Liverpool have their strongest team out. Let’s not mess with facts. When they inevitably win it won’t be a return to form; it’ll be the by product of a team buying success after winning the lottery with Barcelona paying quadruple the price for Coutinho. Let’s all not pretend otherwise.

First time I've doubted us in a long long time and what a foolish error and who else but Bobby Firmino to teach me the error of my ways! The fact Trent looks back in form is bloody massive. 

Then again another poor performance from Spurs against us imo. Like United the other week they got stuck playing against what they thought we were and not what we actually had on the field. Only three shots as the home team with the "deadliest strike force in the league". Granted Kane got unlucky with a knock but I expected a much harder match. 

I noticed the match was on BT so was planning on watching it. Tried to log on about five minutes before and had a problem with the password so had to wait 15 mins before trying again. I noticed Son had scored early and thought it was going to be a proper hiding for us. I then noticed it was disallowed and got myself logged in shortly after. We looked good from then on in and I was surprised at how poor Spurs were. Trent seemed back to his best and Bobby played a great game but Mane for me was the most promising as he hasn’t seemed right recently. He was brilliant and hopefully he can go on a run now.

The unpredictability of this season says we’ll have a much tougher game against West Ham this weekend and Spurs will more than likely wallop Brighton.

There must be at least one fairly good centre back sat on a bench every week for a half decent team that we could maybe loan in and pay their full wages for the rest of the season. Got to do something now and it’s looking clear that Gini will be leaving so his wages will be off the books next year so could even just base it on that for now and reevaluate in the summer. 

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

I noticed the match was on BT so was planning on watching it. Tried to log on about five minutes before and had a problem with the password so had to wait 15 mins before trying again. I noticed Son had scored early and thought it was going to be a proper hiding for us. I then noticed it was disallowed and got myself logged in shortly after. We looked good from then on in and I was surprised at how poor Spurs were. Trent seemed back to his best and Bobby played a great game but Mane for me was the most promising as he hasn’t seemed right recently. He was brilliant and hopefully he can go on a run now.

The unpredictability of this season says we’ll have a much tougher game against West Ham this weekend and Spurs will more than likely wallop Brighton.

There must be at least one fairly good centre back sat on a bench every week for a half decent team that we could maybe loan in and pay their full wages for the rest of the season. Got to do something now and it’s looking clear that Gini will be leaving so his wages will be off the books next year so could even just base it on that for now and reevaluate in the summer. 

We’ll give Eric Garcia while he’s waiting for his “dream move” to Barcelona. We don’t need him anyway 

2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

We’ll give Eric Garcia while he’s waiting for his “dream move” to Barcelona. We don’t need him anyway 

Yeah, he’ll do as I’ve no doubt Klopp would get the best out of him. We’re not even out of the main prizes at this stage so it’s going to be a bit of a kick in the teeth if we don’t get someone in quite frankly. I see our owners have a few problems financially as a fall out from the China virus but we can surely do something to get at least one fairly decent centre back in. 

29 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yeah, he’ll do as I’ve no doubt Klopp would get the best out of him. We’re not even out of the main prizes at this stage so it’s going to be a bit of a kick in the teeth if we don’t get someone in quite frankly. I see our owners have a few problems financially as a fall out from the China virus but we can surely do something to get at least one fairly decent centre back in. 

Rumours we might be in for two if possible, a short term fix and a more long term/rotation next season option. 

However Mustafi is one name being thrown around. Better than noone yet hardly inspiring but I guess we're desperate now. 

On 27/01/2021 at 17:54, TheBluePrince said:

Glad Almiron is doing well for you guys! heartbroken when he left us for the CH (obviously I also support ATL as my local club)

I was so happy he left after you guys beat us (NYRB) in playoffs he was like a little gnat all over the field n never tire out 🥴 You guys had amazing offense that year . 

On 27/01/2021 at 17:59, TheBluePrince said:

hahaha! Fulham (I support too many teams) aren’t doing that well unfortunately- 18th with 13 points.

we have been doing pretty good lately with 3 draws and 2 losses in the last 5 games.

7A0BF426-031A-468B-95B3-5236C04FE438.jpeg.6ec51b0e004919d3389508509bc625ed.jpeg

They are so frustrating last few years . They got me interested in English Football with Americans actually holding their own. Think we need another Fulhamerica run 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

59 minutes ago, DIRECTFX said:

7A0BF426-031A-468B-95B3-5236C04FE438.jpeg.6ec51b0e004919d3389508509bc625ed.jpeg

They are so frustrating last few years . They got me interested in English Football with Americans actually holding their own. Think we need another Fulhamerica run 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

We have Antonee Robinson. Would have included Tim Ream as well but he's not a starter. I'm sure our American owners must have looked at USA's talent. But with the Red Bull and City Football Groups at home, the American talent have little reason to migrate to the UK.

30 minutes ago, RichD said:

Not feeling good about the line up again @Woody @Dai_, thought he may have learnt from Leeds second half to have a bit of a go 👎🏻

Maybe he's waiting for Tuesday to unleash fury on Palace? I'm just happy Hayden isn't at RB. 

8 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Maybe he's waiting for Tuesday to unleash fury on Palace? I'm just happy Hayden isn't at RB. 

I’m happy with that, I really thought it was 5 at the back, glad it isn’t, hope it’s close before ASM is unleashed!

7 minutes ago, RichD said:

I’m happy with that, I really thought it was 5 at the back, glad it isn’t, hope it’s close before ASM is unleashed!

I can't figure out what's happening though. There's no ser formation here. Nobody is wide right. Fraser is hugging the left line. Is it supposed to be Hendrick? Digne has all the space in the universe anyway. Don't like it. 

2 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I can't figure out what's happening though. There's no ser formation here. Nobody is wide right. Fraser is hugging the left line. Is it supposed to be Hendrick? Digne has all the space in the universe anyway. Don't like it. 

I’ve just been trying to figure that out, when we have the ball it’s Hendrick and when we haven’t got the ball it’s Wilson 🤔

I much a rather Alimiron in this free role, he literally closes down so fast!

One positive is Jamal Lewis looks like a footballer at least 😂

Edited by RichD
3 minutes ago, RichD said:

I’ve just been trying to figure that out, when we have the ball it’s Hendrick and when we haven’t got the ball it’s Wilson 🤔

I much a rather Alimiron in this free role, he literally closes down so fast!

One positive is Jamal Lewis looks like a footballer at least 😂

I'm not convinced by Lewis. I wish he made up for his lack of substance on the ball with defensive capabilities, but he doesn't. 😔

Just now, Dai_ said:

I'm not convinced by Lewis. I wish he made up for his lack of substance on the ball with defensive capabilities, but he doesn't. 😔

I’m just hoping it was confidence, a few clubs were after him, including Liverpool so I’m hoping he can improve. I wonder if Graeme Jones has had any input on this team because we look a bit different to the previous crap we’ve performed with? We’ve not been amazing but it’s encouraging. 

2 hours ago, RichD said:

Not feeling good about the line up again @Woody @Dai_, thought he may have learnt from Leeds second half to have a bit of a go 👎🏻

I was thinking the same. Decided to watch the game and i though we played very very well. Bruce got it right although Greame Jones may have helped alot.

10 minutes ago, Woody said:

I was thinking the same. Decided to watch the game and i though we played very very well. Bruce got it right although Greame Jones may have helped alot.

Agreed, that was a complete performance in the end, really happy with that. I think Graeme Jones hopefully can help tactically, we set up great today.

It's been easy for us to complain and suggest what should happen to change our fortunes. Its funny that we've won today by the TWO main things (majority of) fans have been asking for... Maximum effort from everyone and an actual gameplan. We had both today and get a good performance and even more importantly, a result. 

Bruce in! 🤣

Just now, Dai_ said:

It's been easy for us to complain and suggest what should happen to change our fortunes. Its funny that we've won today by the TWO main things (majority of) fans have been asking for... Maximum effort from everyone and an actual gameplan. We had both today and get a good performance and even more importantly, a result. 

Bruce in! 🤣

So true! Shows the players we have aren’t as bad as they’ve made out lately as well. Some players actually looked like they were new too football the past few weeks. 

Hopefully this is Graeme Jones effect and it carries on!

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Knock me over with a feather - Bale starts a league game 😳

Ooo! I can't wait to see what the best paid player in the league can produce! 

14 hours ago, Ashez said:

Ben Davies from Preston? 

Very likely - he might be having his medicals as we speak. 

Dujon Caleta Car was the 2nd CB signing - heard he didn't board the private jet arranged for him as Marseille pulled out of talks coz they couldn't get his replacement last minute.

So, its going to be Davies and Philips paired up in the fixture against man City. :P

Edited by FMFanatic20
30 minutes ago, FMFanatic20 said:

Very likely - he might be having his medicals as we speak. 

Dujon Caleta Car was the 2nd CB signing - heard he didn't board the private jet arranged for him as Marseille pulled out of talks coz they couldn't get his replacement last minute.

So, its going to be Davies and Philips paired up in the fixture against man City. :P

I know he's coming, I just know nothing about him 😂

I've heard great things about Car and that a jet was leaving France to Blackpool last night. Don't know any more about that though.