Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

10 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

The handball or Wilson through on goal? The Wilson one I was 50-50 with BUT I feel like if the Ref had given it VAR wouldn't of overturned it 

The hand ball I don't think was penalty, he was already falling over, didn't move his arm and the ball hit it.

Wilson through on goal would have been a harsh penalty, but he'd been getting fouled all match.

I think the odergard pulling down schar was a penalty, all day. That happens anywhere else it's a free kick. It's just the ref and linesman didn't see it. Which sucks.

I think ASM was shocking this weekend. I'd have taken him off for Almiron.

I generally think we're going to struggle staying up this season. We could go down, we could stay up. That depends on two things;

1. We have to pick up wins against Norwich and Burnley. The rest of our games up to the new year are horrible; Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Everton, Southampton. We're not going to pick up points again anyone until maybe Everton, if we're lucky.
  2. We need to improve a lot of positions in January and have them immediately gel. This is going to be tough as sometimes players just don't work in the Premier League or take a couple of seasons to get up to speed.

I think we're playing better, but we're still just noy good enough. The year(s) of Bruceball, has really screwed us over this season as if we were playing like this all season, we'd have picked up some wins earlier.

Can’t see us staying up, hope I’m wrong. You can see the team working a lot harder, home games are going to be vital from here. Need to get at least 3 wins before January tbh.

Ashley and Bruce have caused this mess and it's going to be a huge battle to get out of it.

If we can get that back four fixed in January then there is hope. Back to back wins against Norwich and Burnley is a must, lose either of those and I think we will go down. It's a horrible run of fixtures in December, we really need to beat Everton and they are on a bad run of form, hopefully nab a couple draws against the big 6 in that run of fixtures.

January is going to be a tough window, other clubs know we have money and will try to milk us dry for players. Agents will be all over us. Also our league position means we might struggle to bring certain players in, this is why we need to make sure we aren't cut badly adrift by the start of January. It's a shame we don't have a DoF yet and according to the Athletic that appointment has stalled/ been delayed. We really need new players signed within the first week of January. Otherwise we playing even more games with exactly the same squad. A full new back four is needed, we haven't signed a centre back in 3 years. Bruce took a side built on Solid defensive foundations and messed them up. This is a huge task for Eddie but let's try remain positive 

I can see us winning tonight and taking 3 against Burnley. Not saying its going to be pretty but i think tonight will be a huge catalyst going forward.

Beers in hand ready for the match 😆

Forget any defenders being liabilities. Our Goalkeepers have cost us so many points this season. Not good enough!

That defensive effort deserved a win. Credit where its due. They worked their socks off but a point is useless! I'm so fcuking angry. At Clark. At Dubravka. At football. 😡😡😡

Despite nobhead Clark i thought everyone worked their arses off tonight.

Joel was brilliant and deserved his motm.

On another note.....i predicted the England score after 15 mins of the game.

I was texting my dad and i wish id had a bet.

20211130_213732.thumb.png.026bc93c9dac4f197edb667eab89fc8d.png

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

At least the fixtures get a bit easier after Saturday.

4B12FDFE-5D90-490E-8908-726BD437ECA4.thumb.jpeg.e9c3cc01189b63ff3fb64b7815f40cb4.jpeg

Easy run of games that for us. We just got a point of Norwich, so my confidence is high.

Ciaran Clark is a Muppet and I feel like Dubravka could have caught the shot instead of parrying it which led to Pukki scoring 

You know what though I came home from the match last night feeling positive. No I don't think we will stay up but many of us fans said we'd take relegation if it meant Ashley leaving and it looks like that's going to happen.

Why am I positive? Well even in the awful situation we are in the atmosphere is so much better now and not as toxic as this situation would of been under Ashley and Bruce. We have owners who care and if we go down we will bounce back from this.

Last night's performance 10 Vs 11 for pretty much the whole game was quality. The lads dug in and were very unlucky not to win. 11 Vs 11 and we would of won that game.

To whoever said a point Is useless, in any other game against any team sat 15th and above I would agree fully but if we lost Norwich would of been another 3 points above us which would of pushed us further into the 💩

Joelinton was by far Motm, worked his socks off and put a real shift in. I thought Lewis played well considering he hasn't started a game in 9 months. Apart from a couple mistakes Shelvey had a good game and why has Fernandez not started more???? He bossed it at the back and I'm hoping it's him and Schar starting until we hopefully get new defenders in January.

Let's just keep it positive until the end of the season, if we go down playing like that then so be it. Ashley has gone, it's a new era let's back the lads fully, all pull in the same direction and hopefully just hopefully we drag ourselves out of the mud and stay up.

Starting with 3 points Saturday on my birthday against Burnley hopefully!! 🙏

Edited by AdamNufc
5 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Ciaran Clark is a Muppet and I feel like Dubravka could have caught the shot instead of parrying it which led to Pukki scoring 

You know what though I came home from the match last night feeling positive. No I don't think we will stay up but many of us fans said we'd take relegation if it meant Ashley leaving and it looks like that's going to happen.

Why am I positive? Well even in the awful situation we are in the atmosphere is so much better now and not as toxic as this situation would of been under Ashley and Bruce. We have owners who care and if we go down we will bounce back from this.

Last night's performance 10 Vs 11 for pretty much the whole game was quality. The lads dug in and were very unlucky not to win. 11 Vs 11 and we would of won that game.

To whoever said a point Is useless, in any other game against any team sat 15th and above I would agree fully but if we lost Norwich would of been another 3 points above us which would of pushed us further into the 💩

Joelinton was by far Motm, worked his socks off and put a real shift in. I thought Lewis played well considering he hasn't started a game in 9 months. Apart from a couple mistakes Shelvey had a good game and why has Fernandez not started more???? He bossed it at the back and I'm hoping it's him and Schar starting until we hopefully get new defenders in January.

Let's just keep it positive until the end of the season, if we go down playing like that then so be it. Ashley has gone, it's a new era let's back the lads fully, all pull in the same direction and hopefully just hopefully we drag ourselves out of the mud and stay up.

Starting with 3 points Saturday on my birthday against Burnley hopefully!! 🙏

That would be the best birthday gift mate....lets hope 👍

Another medical emergency in the crowd at a match. Hopefully the Watford fan that suffered a heart attack pulls through. 

It's concerning that it has happened again.

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

Another medical emergency in the crowd at a match. Hopefully the Watford fan that suffered a heart attack pulls through. 

It's concerning that it has happened again.

And another one at Southampton 😕

7 minutes ago, samhardy said:

And another one at Southampton 😕

I'm no anti-vaxer (I've had both doses. Because the missus moaned at me so much, not because I'm all for the cause) but is there a link there or is it just coincidence with the increase in incidents?

I'm assuming you need a covid passport to attend Premier League games? 

14 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I'm no anti-vaxer (I've had both doses. Because the missus moaned at me so much, not because I'm all for the cause) but is there a link there or is it just coincidence with the increase in incidents?

I'm assuming you need a covid passport to attend Premier League games? 

That’s essentially my position too. There’s no evidence either way and probably never will be but it is alarming. More cases away from the mainstream news as well (2 heart attacks after Sunderland home matches this season outside the ground, can’t remember a single incident like that before this year in all the time I’ve been going).

And it’s not just the fans as well, how many footballers have fainted or collapsed this season?

I think you can get in to all Premier League grounds with proof of a negative test if not vaccinated. Can’t see any EFL club below the Championship ever enforcing either of those unless forced to.

I'm not sure there's anything mandatory for the Prem at the mo - obviously I'm miles away so i don't know the full details, but as i understood it there are random spot checks at Brentford, and you're not obliged to show them anything anyway...

It really needs looking at now but it’ll have to be soon enough if it continues like this.

I’m seeing people trying to claim that this is normal which is just ridiculous. I’ve followed football for years and this isn’t at all normal and no one will brainwash me to think any different.

Reminds me of this quote which seems to be coming to my mind so often these days.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

― George Orwell, 1984

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

FINALLY!!! 

I was a bag of nerves there towards the end. When we were having a bit of a go and they just kept blocking shots I was thinking they were going to pinch an equaliser but luckily, we held on.

Could be massive. If we can get something out of the next 5 games it will be a miracle but Xmas time is miracle season. 🤣

32 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I was a bag of nerves there towards the end. When we were having a bit of a go and they just kept blocking shots I was thinking they were going to pinch an equaliser but luckily, we held on.

Could be massive. If we can get something out of the next 5 games it will be a miracle but Xmas time is miracle season. 🤣

Im writing a letter to Santa as we speak 😉

Just woke up and seen the result and some of the highlights on Twitter.

There's an official video of the final whistle and the players applauding the fans, it looks like we've just got through to a cup final the way some of the players are acting.

But this was a massive must win game, hopefully we can kick on now and get something from the next 4 games.

43 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Screenshot_20211206-124309__01.thumb.jpg.7bd162ac543f1d06cf2a9aa5f8a07279.jpg

It'll be so weird seeing it without all that crap.

I wonder if they've got a replacement lined up already or are going to leave the gaps for a while.

7 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Surely AliBaba has to swoop in 😂

You say that, but all the club's have extended the ban on sponsorship from a company known to the owners.