Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

34 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

If that's a penalty than the Ederson challenge on Fraser when we played City in December was defo a pen

Spoiled what was a good game. 

Of course I want my team to win but recently I have been enjoying football in general again. The two Man U v Villa games were a good watch , Leicester v Spurs, Arsenal v City and today's game was boiling up nicely. 

Then the Premier League employees (refs) remember they need a Yanky owned club to battle for the league for U.S commercial reasons and they give that. The onfield ref looked embarrassed as he was forced to give it. 

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

92DCC447-5A1B-4507-B774-DDE2ED081435.thumb.jpeg.56189a63ad536792bc3a2a31122285b2.jpeg

Don’t know that much about him, but a lot of clubs were after him.

Top clubs as well, sure I read Arsenal and Juventus, I only follow the PL, so only know domestic players or those I've managed on FM but this seems a good signing from what I've read 

4 hours ago, Rich said:

92DCC447-5A1B-4507-B774-DDE2ED081435.thumb.jpeg.56189a63ad536792bc3a2a31122285b2.jpeg

Don’t know that much about him, but a lot of clubs were after him.

Fantastic player. Was linked to Man Utd and Arsenal a few windows back.

Only seen him play in Champions League so dont have an extensive knowledge.

1 minute ago, Woody said:

Fantastic player. Was linked to Man Utd and Arsenal a few windows back.

Only seen him play in Champions League so dont have an extensive knowledge.

Yeah his stats and ability seem there, but one of the highest rated players in the French league going for 30m, in January, to a relegation battle, with no other bids is definitely strange. Other clubs must see some kind of red flag, otherwise United, Spurs, Arse, and Pool would be competing for him. 

1 hour ago, hhooo said:

Yeah his stats and ability seem there, but one of the highest rated players in the French league going for 30m, in January, to a relegation battle, with no other bids is definitely strange. Other clubs must see some kind of red flag, otherwise United, Spurs, Arse, and Pool would be competing for him. 

Cant compete with wages i think. Plus he has same agent as Carlos.

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Cant compete with wages i think. Plus he has same agent as Carlos.

The only way the wage argument holds is if he has a reasonable release clause in case of relegation. Other clubs might see that and let Newcastle take the risk for half a season to see how he does.

41 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Why did you come back again? To start old arguments?

Dude. Its just a wind up. Rob and Rich are good. 😉

16 minutes ago, Woody said:

Dude. Its just a wind up. Rob and Rich are good. 😉

That's why Rob quit the site for a few months? That's one hell of a long game...
He may act fine, but I guarantee that there will be digs and comments every so often from him on the subject.

2 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

That's why Rob quit the site for a few months? That's one hell of a long game...
He may act fine, but I guarantee that there will be digs and comments every so often from him on the subject.

And that's okay! 

And he didn't leave over Saudi or Newcastle stuff. It was because my IALWTTT stalled 

Edited by hhooo
9 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

I quit because my legendary Vibe status was solidified and my job was done. Jokes. 

I actually took a break cos I got a promotion at work, then all four members of my family got Covid which was bloody horrible, and then Christmas happened.

But Newcastle as still a horrible club built on dishonour and violence.

They aren’t really. I actually quite like Newcastle and they have some great fans, many of which are on here. 😊 

19 minutes ago, Rob said:

I quit because my legendary Vibe status was solidified and my job was done. Jokes. 

I actually took a break cos I got a promotion at work, then all four members of my family got Covid which was bloody horrible, and then Christmas happened.

They aren’t really. I actually quite like Newcastle and they have some great fans, many of which are on here. 😊 

Well that is fair and congrats and I hope everyone is ok.

I'd like to say that I totally get your stance and understand, but as we said at the time, it's not as if we can choose our owners and all we can do is hope that it brings some improvements both for Newcastle and in KSA.

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

You are a wonderful man 🤪

Once we get Bruno through the door, we have to be going all out for a centre back. It's the position we most need to strengthen, I still hope for Carlos but can defo see a deal for Dan Burn going through. I think we need two centre backs but looks like we will only get one in. Still don't think only 4 additions is enough though, really need to get Lingard and a striker in on top. Yes we need a left back but there's other priorities right now 

1 minute ago, AdamNufc said:

Once we get Bruno through the door, we have to be going all out for a centre back. It's the position we most need to strengthen, I still hope for Carlos but can defo see a deal for Dan Burn going through. I think we need two centre backs but looks like we will only get one in. Still don't think only 4 additions is enough though, really need to get Lingard and a striker in on top. Yes we need a left back but there's other priorities right now 

I agree. Although, I'm not sold on Carlos. He's 28 and from what I've read about him (I don't always go by what I read. I like to make my own opinions upon seeing players over a decent length of time) I'm concerned with how prone to mistakes he is. Dan Burn is one I would welcome. Great player.

2 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I agree. Although, I'm not sold on Carlos. He's 28 and from what I've read about him (I don't always go by what I read. I like to make my own opinions upon seeing players over a decent length of time) I'm concerned with how prone to mistakes he is. Dan Burn is one I would welcome. Great player.

Now I don't watch much football other than when am at SJP or we are playing away, so my knowledge of some PL players isn't the best let alone those on the continent but I watched him in two games in the EL a couple seasons ago and yes he was very rash. Though in a Sevilla side that had only conceded 13 goals is that now the case? I've saw he's made the most defensive mistakes and that low goals conceded could be for having a quality defence around him, how he'd cope if he's rash in the PL of course is a risk, the new Spanish Lascelles?

Burn, Tarkowski , Coady, Burn most likely the achievable target out of those three.

The clock is ticking, I'm hoping for another 3 but realistically I see 1/2 further signings leaving us on 4/5 in total ( that's if Bruno, for want of a better phrase, Gets over the line)

Liverpool have jumped back in for Luis Diaz 😮

Apparently we hoped to wait for the summer but Spurs bidding forced our hand and the deal is expected to be done, for less than Spurs were potentially playing 😂

The rumours broke in the middle of the night so I didn't really believe them but they look to be confirmed now. 

I've seen little of him tbh so I am wary but I've read alot and @zaangiesays I should be excited haha. He looks a very interesting option as Mane's stand in or even in the 10. 

As for Newcastle also seen rumours of them being in for Joe Gomez at £60m. Still don't think we should sell, even at a slightly inflated price, £60m is high but I don't think £45-50m is unreasonable. He's an incredible player imo and I rate him highly, injuries have just pushed him down the pecking order. However VVD and Matip aren't getting any younger and I like the idea of Gomez and Konate as next in line. Personally I wouldn't be against loaning Gomez out for the rest of the season to get him back up to speed, yet that would mean keeping Phillips as 4th choice. 

@Ashez If those rumours were from IndyKaila news take them with a pinch of salt. How good is Nat Phillips at CB? We've been heavily linked with a deal for him, loan or permanent.

With Diaz signing, reckon yous will be more likely now to listen to offers for Origi? We need another forward, being quoted very high fees for most, I could see us putting an offer in for Origi closer to deadline day.

2 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

@Ashez If those rumours were from IndyKaila news take them with a pinch of salt. How good is Nat Phillips at CB? We've been heavily linked with a deal for him, loan or permanent.

With Diaz signing, reckon yous will be more likely now to listen to offers for Origi? We need another forward, being quoted very high fees for most, I could see us putting an offer in for Origi closer to deadline day.

I've seen it there and a few other places, Indy does seem to chat alot of shit tbf so he's not one I pay too close attention to. 

Personally I appreciate what Phillips did for us last season as he basically did save the season, however I don't really rate him. He got alot of hype and fans seemed to latch onto him quickly but yeah he never did it for me. 

If he was some kid yeah I'd have got excited about his potential but he's nearly 25 and I often thought positionally he wasn't the best, but he did a few thunderous challenges and is good in the air so he got a cult following. I still say we should have fleeced someone for him in the summer while his stock was high, oddly it still seems we want £15m for him which I'd be shocked if we got. It wasn't hard to look good at CB for us last season when we didn't have VVD, Matip or Gomez for large chunks but he's not top 4 calibre imo. Maybe he'd be a decent stopgap for a climbing club or he could have a standard mid to lower table career but I just don't think much of him. I liked the look of Kabak alot more but it's not like he's looked good at Norwich TBF lol. 

In fairness to him though he does give his all, which at the right club could mean alot and help him maintain a higher level, he's just not Liverpool standard on the ball of defensively. He's very much the Burnley type CB and that's where I thought he'd end up, in a end of season battle he could be decent though. 

Oh as for Origi I don't see him leaving, I could see Minamino going though as he's been linked to Leeds. I guess if one comes in Origi or Taki could go but I just have a feeling we'll keep Origi around, he's more proven and all that. 

Considering we're still on for the Quadruple (:p) I think it would be daft to weaken more than we need to. 

Then again now we have £40m on Diaz to make back so who knows, Klopp loves Origi though. 

28 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Now I don't watch much football other than when am at SJP or we are playing away, so my knowledge of some PL players isn't the best let alone those on the continent but I watched him in two games in the EL a couple seasons ago and yes he was very rash. Though in a Sevilla side that had only conceded 13 goals is that now the case? I've saw he's made the most defensive mistakes and that low goals conceded could be for having a quality defence around him, how he'd cope if he's rash in the PL of course is a risk, the new Spanish Lascelles?

Burn, Tarkowski , Coady, Burn most likely the achievable target out of those three.

The clock is ticking, I'm hoping for another 3 but realistically I see 1/2 further signings leaving us on 4/5 in total ( that's if Bruno, for want of a better phrase, Gets over the line)

I can honestly see it being a mad last day. I still think we may get Ramsey in and another striker. Bakker will be in too i think.