Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Glorious to watch my bees win 7-0 yesterday. Last time we played Luton at home was 10 years ago, last game of the season, us celebrating the League Two title and bidding those fuckers farewell as they disappeared down to the Conference. They are a bit of a rival for us, two southern clubs and we've had a few great games over the years. I went there a couple of times in the mid-2000's, awful area but great fun.

We were 5-0 up at half-time yesterday, men against boys in the final few minutes, they couldn't deal with us - some beautiful football.

Now 1pt off playoffs after winning 6 of 8, but next 5 games are against top 10 teams so we need to keep this going if we're gonna be serious about promotion.

Edited by Mr Tree
10 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

Ole has got to go for me. Embarrassing results ever since that lucky run ended! 

I agree the results are embarrassing, but you have to give him time to build his team imo. He’s made three signings - arguably the best three players this year. He needs to be supported in January and the following summer in my opinion. With the board in its current state he may aswell be walking around with a gun to his head though.

End of the day, with the current set of players, you could have the best manager in the world at the helm and we’d still be where we are. Jose should have been backed and he wasn’t

Just now, Nucleus said:

I agree the results are embarrassing, but you have to give him time to build his team imo. He’s made three signings - arguably the best three players this year. He needs to be supported in January and the following summer in my opinion. With the board in its current state he may aswell be walking around with a gun to his head though.

Bissaka and James are great but Maguire not good enough to me McTominay undoubtably the best 

6 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Maguire not good enough to me McTominay undoubtably the best 

Yeah I’ll retract my previous statement actually, Maguire has had some messy moments tbf. He’s been mostly good though. McTominay has been very good actually. 

My current rankings on the players that started the game yesterday based on their performances so far this year:-

De Gea - Wank, doesn’t save how he used to. Lost a lot of confidence in himself

Wan Bissaka - Excellent, our best signing post Fergie

Lindelof - Shit, had about five games where he was excellent under Ole but has stagnated since

Maguire - Hit and miss, most solid CB we have though 

Williams - Decent Player, best LB at the club already, but let’s be honest, that doesn’t say much

Fred/Pereira - Both of them can fuck off. Not even giving them their own section as they’ve both been fucking rancid. Fred makes a good pass every 100 he attempts. Paid £50m+ for him ffs. Pereira has been at the club too long and not developed, clearly not good enough

Rashford - The most wasteful player I’ve ever seen play football, needs 8 chances to put away one. Lucky with his header yesterday too! 

Dan James - Quality signing, bargain of the season imo. Proper team player too. Rate him 

Martial - Not a striker, don’t care what anyone says, fuck off back to the left wing where you belong 

Whats clear from this is that we haven’t got a centre midfield duo to create goals and we haven’t got a striker to score goals. Well and truly shagged!

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Yeah I’ll retract my previous statement actually, Maguire has had some messy moments tbf. He’s been mostly good though. McTominay has been very good actually. 

My current rankings on the players that started the game yesterday based on their performances so far this year:-

De Gea - Wank, doesn’t save how he used to. Lost a lot of confidence in himself

Wan Bissaka - Excellent, our best signing post Fergie

Lindelof - Shit, had about five games where he was excellent under Ole but has stagnated since

Maguire - Hit and miss, most solid CB we have though 

Williams - Decent Player, best LB at the club already, but let’s be honest, that doesn’t say much

Fred/Pereira - Both of them can fuck off. Not even giving them their own section as they’ve both been fucking rancid. Fred makes a good pass every 100 he attempts. Paid £50m+ for him ffs. Pereira has been at the club too long and not developed, clearly not good enough

Rashford - The most wasteful player I’ve ever seen play football, needs 8 chances to put away one. Lucky with his header yesterday too! 

Dan James - Quality signing, bargain of the season imo. Proper team player too. Rate him 

Martial - Not a striker, don’t care what anyone says, fuck off back to the left wing where you belong 

Whats clear from this is that we haven’t got a centre midfield duo to create goals and we haven’t got a striker to score goals. Well and truly shagged!

Yeah Ole clearly out of his mind selling Lukaku and loaning Sanchez then leave the team without a proper striker. Pogba and McTominay had done very well before injury struck. Fred, Perreira, Martial and Lindelof are just not good enough to compete against bigger and probably mid table clubs. Bissaka and James are actually quite good tbh not really rate them much before the move. Maguire price tag is massively overrated Ole could get de Ligt for cheaper and currently performing better at Juventus/Piemonte Calcio/Zebre. 

28 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Yeah Ole clearly out of his mind selling Lukaku and loaning Sanchez t

Like he had a say in it! They wanted them off the books and promised a replacement that never came to fruition

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

I think the signings have been ok, but they haven’t been team changing like VVD was for Liverpool. That’s the sort of level we need to aim at. We are still 9th with them

As for Ole, he hasn’t shown enough in his managerial career to be backed, and definitely hasn’t shown anything at United to deserve to be backed. We should go all out for Poch now he’s available

I dont agree about Wan Bissaka, everytime I have seen him play this season he doesn't look half as good as last season.

When he gets into the the final third, he doesn't pick the right option. Compared with TAA he is way behind.

1 minute ago, danovic78 said:

I dont agree about Wan Bissaka, everytime I have seen him play this season he doesn't look half as good as last season.

When he gets into the the final third, he doesn't pick the right option. Compared with TAA he is way behind.

Yes but he’s quite solid defensively 

Solsjkaer should have no blame attached to the current situation at United. Clearly a poor manager but not his fault. It's mainly the players who put everything into it when he was first appointed to secure their places in the team, the board fell for it and now the players have thrown him under the bus. Easy to want the manager out but United won't finish top 4 for the foreseeable future whoever's in charge with the current crop of players and their transfer strategy.

6 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Yes but he’s quite solid defensively 

Shame about the 3 in the back 4 then! 😉

Edited by danovic78

don't see any point in "Ole out" - the real question frankly is why on earth was it ever "Ole in"? once you chose him, you gotta stick with it - as others said, this squad on paper is hardly befitting of Man U.

as a United hater, this is all bloody glorious, so crack on. well played to Villa too, ex-Bees manager and ex-Bees centre-back out there doing well 👍

United needs an overhaul and a few seasons to build a proper squad, so far stating the obvious. It is still a world-class club, with so much support globally, you should be able to monetize that and get the players and talent in they need. But, it all starts with a vision from the club leaders/owners...

Edited by RobNemoo
21 minutes ago, Woody said:

no way in hell we will keep this lead....full backs need to push on we are sitting too far back!!

I’m guessing that’s the game plan. Leave Carroll Up top as an out ball and just soak that pressure 😂 Sheffield United haven’t had that many clear opportunities tbf, apart from the one that Sharp somehow missed!

1 hour ago, Woody said:

no way in hell we will keep this lead....full backs need to push on we are sitting too far back!!

Except you did and Bruce continues to score more points than Rafa did this time last season yet seems to get zero credit for it. It might not be pretty to watch but is it better to be organised, play to your strengths and stay up or get in a fraud like Marco Silva and be a shambles?

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Except you did and Bruce continues to score more points than Rafa did this time last season yet seems to get zero credit for it. It might not be pretty to watch but is it better to be organised, play to your strengths and stay up or get in a fraud like Marco Silva and be a shambles?

Credit where credit is due he is doing a solid job. Im finding it harder to criticise now but i do hate this sitting back shit 😂

53 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I’m guessing that’s the game plan. Leave Carroll Up top as an out ball and just soak that pressure 😂 Sheffield United haven’t had that many clear opportunities tbf, apart from the one that Sharp somehow missed!

Carroll was brilliant.... Showed Joelinton how its done. 

6 minutes ago, Woody said:

Credit where credit is due he is doing a solid job. Im finding it harder to criticise now but i do hate this sitting back shit 😂

This sitting back shit is exactly why you’re getting the results. The Keegan days are over Woody 😂 you lot can’t play that way anymore and you won’t for a long time, if ever. 

7 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

This sitting back shit is exactly why you’re getting the results. The Keegan days are over Woody 😂 you lot can’t play that way anymore and you won’t for a long time, if ever. 

Never asked for the Keegan days bud just some forward play would be nice. 

I know eventually it will come but not under Ashley. 

I have managed to go the full day without enquiring as to how Livarpool finished the game with 11 players last night but we already know the answer to that and something else is annoying me now.

What is the point in linesmen now VAR is being used? They're supposed to keep their flags down for tight decisions and if he'd actually done that the Shelvey goal might not have been scored. What a farce the whole system is.

23 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I have managed to go the full day without enquiring as to how Livarpool finished the game with 11 players last night but we already know the answer to that and something else is annoying me now.

What is the point in linesmen now VAR is being used? They're supposed to keep their flags down for tight decisions and if he'd actually done that the Shelvey goal might not have been scored. What a farce the whole system is.

😂😂 But... But.... he was onside Sam