Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

We started well but got in a rut and I couldn't decide on a formation, shooting myself in the foot. God bless ya Woody. Impressed by some of those other scores fellas. Fingers crossed that the next challenge is closer to my comfort zone as I'm clearly rubbish outside it!

8 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Love that formation @MikeF, mine was very similar to @Kaneganjust with the dm pushed into midfield. 
I wasn’t sure about using Elkeson because of his nationality but I should have checked I guess. 
Well played @Crashhartand thanks @samhardyand @Foxy

Roll on the next one!

Yup, i didn't even check regarding Elkeson but anyways bring on the next one. It's against @BatiGoal. Good gosh!!!!!

This was my system.

2D4DE35A-F111-410B-9493-E52EC97BAA86.thumb.png.cdc1c0cd59e5821a13adbf839e3b8494.png

I have been trying some three at the back stuff recently and converted one of my systems to this and just went for it. Narrow width with passing straight through the middle and it worked well even though looking at it, it probably shouldn’t. I think the BBM role is so powerful with the right players and those two seemed perfect for this league and I think this together with the three at the back really made it work as I wouldn’t have fancied it with just two back there.

Thanks to @samhardy and @Foxy for the hard work setting up the event. The league table graphic reminds me of the BBC ones from Grandstand and MOTD in the 90’s for some reason, very nice.

Well i think we can safely say the Woodpecker has failed miserably in the VPL this year and deserves his wooden spoon 😢

I have performed shockingly bad so far but maybe i can redeem myself atleast and finish strongly even  though it wont matter. 

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Tree really packed the midfield with what was effectively a 3-5-2/3-6-1.

@Mr Tree Exactly what I did. My idea was to pack midfield and control the game, which did work pretty well. Besides the DM and flat midfield of 3, I had an AM alongside AP in AMC slots. One of my fav combo's behind a single striker.

Edited by BatiGoal
10 minutes ago, Ian said:

I think the BBM role is so powerful with the right players

True, and the team we picked has some pretty decent mids in the squad. What you did well was having Gao Lin as alternative bonus player up there as well. In hindsight an Elkeson-Gao Lin duo would've been the way to go for me. 

16 minutes ago, Ian said:

The league table graphic reminds me of the BBC ones from Grandstand and MOTD in the 90’s for some reason, very nice.

Any table graphic looks nice when you're topping it 😂 

16 minutes ago, Woody said:

Well i think we can safely say the Woodpecker has failed miserably in the VPL this year and deserves his wooden spoon 😢

I have performed shockingly bad so far but maybe i can redeem myself atleast and finish strongly even  though it wont matter. 

Tbf, you've definitely had your chances against both Tree and myself. It's in the details, had you picked a different team last round you'd have beaten me. That simple. 

37 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Yup, i didn't even check regarding Elkeson but anyways bring on the next one. It's against @BatiGoal. Good gosh!!!!!

How about CMM cricket version to give you a real shot 😜

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

@Mr Tree Exactly what I did. My idea was to pack midfield and control the game, which did work pretty well. Besides the DM and flat midfield of 3, I had an AM alongside AP in AMC slots. One of my fav combo's behind a single striker.

I was trying to put some thought into the shape (my first mistake, whenever I put thought into this game it backfires!). I don't like just two defenders and I enjoyed using a Libero in one challenge last year, plus I generally don't find three up front effective and I wanted to filter it into my Emperor. But it clearly didn't go well. I hated all the highlights where my players watched the opposition knock it out wide and then advance 50 yards without challenge... "Bloody hell John, look at him go" "blimey, somebody really should go and stop him"...

I remember one game too, we were losing in injury time and got a throw... And I had four players dancing around waiting for the throw... And no full back taking the throw :( eventually someone went to do it but most of injury time had gone!

Quick thing on Elkeson, although he definitely sounds Brazilian and has dual nationality his first nationality is Chinese on his profile so no problems there.

Week 4 fixtures

image.png.38b70fcbb1e9ebdb35eb05a974eeca08.png

Glad everyone is enjoying it.

9 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

I was trying to put some thought into the shape (my first mistake, whenever I put thought into this game it backfires!)

I feel ya. Gotta always test your thoughts with this game, especially during community challenges likes these where there's simply no time to waste. Theories alone won't satisfy FMM. 

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Fun little challenge to follow that :)

You're backing me, aren't ya. Say it 😁

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

Quick thing on Elkeson, although he definitely sounds Brazilian and has dual nationality his first nationality is Chinese on his profile so no problems there.

Yes, one thing on that. I'd like to present a counter argument if I may. Elkeson sounds too misleading for my liking and has therefore had a significant influence on the challenge results. Scrap the bonus pts for anyone who's used Elkeson I say!!! 

3 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Yes, one thing on that. I'd like to present a counter argument if I may. Elkeson sounds too misleading for my liking and has therefore had a significant influence on the challenge results. Scrap the bonus pts for anyone who's used Elkeson I say!!! 

I second that. Need to use a pure Chinese player and not a naturalized one. 🤣 

Week 4: Eoin Doyle

It’s tough being a lower league footballer.

You grow up dreaming of being a pro, you work hard and get your chance at home in your native Ireland with Shamrock and Sligo Rovers and you get plenty of goals leading to a move to Hibernian. Again you do ok and then you get you chance to go to England and again it goes well as you bang a few in for Chesterfield, Preston and a few clubs on loan. Your career has never been outstanding but you earn decent money and you are living your dream to be a pro footballer.

Eventually you end up at Bradford City which is ok as they are a big club in the lower leagues and you score a few goals but unfortunately they get relegated to the fourth tier which is disappointing enough but then your current manager decides you really aren’t in his plans. That means you are on the move again and one day that call comes.

“Hi Eoin it’s your agent Mental Micky here I have arranged a loan move for you that should get you plenty of playing time in the 2019/20 season.”

Brilliant you think and you ask what club it is you are going to.

“Swindon Town mate, it’s all arranged so make sure you are at there training ground by 9 tomorrow morning.”

As Eoin puts the phone down he knows his career has hit rock bottom and even at his first day of training it’s written all over his face.

1D85AD8C-4AA5-4326-ADE0-2F915D0F0F5C.jpeg.2a4b6c0ada42cc4ac0d06276783383e2.jpeg

In times of crisis though the strong pull through and that is exactly what Eoin did as he went on to score in an incredible 11 matches in a row in the first half of this season before getting recalled by Bradford so it all worked out for him in the end.

The Challenge

This is a half season challenge so you must play 23 league games.
Your challenge this week is to take over at Swindon in League 2 and using Eoin Doyle try to get as long a scoring streak as you can going with him. The catch is that you only have one attempt
so as soon as Doyle scores for the first time in a competitive match your attempt starts and as soon as he blanks in a match or cannot play for any reason your streak attempt is over although you score points for league points so you must play all the games.

You may make transfers into the club but by the end of the window you must have made a transfer profit so you need to sell before you buy. No loans allowed except players already at the club.

League points + 2 points for every game of the streak Eoin scores in.

Clarifications and Rules

• You must manage Swindon Town and your goal streak must come from Eoin Doyle.
  • The challenge ends once the 23rd league game finishes.
  • You may buy players but you must make a transfer profit otherwise you get zero points.
  • No loans into the club.
  • Doyle’s goal streak starts when he scores for the first time in any competition and ends when he blanks in a game or doesn’t play a match again in any competition.
  • If Doyle cannot play due to injury or suspension your streak is over. I will allow him to miss the Bradford game and continue his streak.
  • Manager reputation must be set at Normal.
  • No unlockables.
  • No cheating in any way.
  • If asked you must provide the save file to myself or Sam and failure to do so will result in a zero score and possible expulsion from the competition.
  • Have fun.

Screenshots

• Doyle’s attributes and history at the end of the challenge.
  • Doyle’s form page showing the streak.
  • Evidence if the Bradford game comes during his streak.
  • Transfers in and out showing your profit.
  • League table
  • Squad list in order of appearance.
  • Manager history and profile.

Deadline: Thursday 30th January 2020 @11.59pm UK Time

Make sure you send your scores to Sam in the PM you already have set up and if you have any questions just ask.

32 minutes ago, Foxy said:

No you need to play the full half season as you get your league points as well with the streak points as a bonus.

Note to self: read the challenge twice. 

29 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

But feel free to give up after one match if you want, @MikeF 👍

😂