Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kingadent

Winter Transfer Update is out

The winter update is available now from your AppStore and will update the DB with the January transfers as well as some fixes and other improvements.

From what I can see so far, the players are bigger during highlights, makes them more legible, the game is somewhat smoother, and my tactics have been messed with to be less effective.

I'd like to see a list of all the changes with this version, but they don't provide it on Google Play. 

I've already backed up the current version in case there are major issues with the winter update version like last year... Still not sure I'm actually updating though...

Not sure why anyone is surprised. Every year when this update lands it coincides with tactics suddenly not working. I'm sure people will get around it pretty quickly though, and some tactics here that only seemed to work with certain teams might now work with more.

1 hour ago, Schwantz34 said:

Not sure why anyone is surprised. Every year when this update lands it coincides with tactics suddenly not working. I'm sure people will get around it pretty quickly though, and some tactics here that only seemed to work with certain teams might now work with more.

Yeah I agree every year is the same xd, but the 352 flat still works at least have to try tactics that didn't work before might work now like you said 😉

2 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

indeed. i'm hoping my default tactic is too basic to be neutralised, anyway. my next game after my note above saw me beat Milano 4-0, happy days :D

After last years drama when player conditioning got wrecked at this time of year and then took a couple of updates to be pretty much brought back to previous levels I have followed my usual mantra and not updated just to wait and see what surprises the new update brings.

Is there a list of what’s actually been updated? Last year I remember we got something along the lines of ‘player fitness has been tweaked’ & well... the rest is history 😅

I say this every time there’s an update, don’t go in for it straightaway and also make sure your auto-updates are turned off. It’s a lot safer to just wait a couple of weeks instead of diving into an update that could ruin tactics or worsen the overall experience.

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

I say this every time there’s an update, don’t go in for it straightaway and also make sure your auto-updates are turned off. It’s a lot safer to just wait a couple of weeks instead of diving into an update that could ruin tactics or worsen the overall experience.

I wonder if I can backdate it on IOS, cause literally I’ve got 4 tactics I use and they’re all fucked 

I’ve updated on my phone but haven’t played it yet and not even sure I will until I finally update on my iPad after the VPL. It is a bit frustrating though as you could’ve spent hours working on tactics only for them to fail midway through the games yearly cycle. I tend to play the game more later in the year, always have done even on the old CM games for some reason and these game changing mid season updates have more than likely contributed to that. I’m not prepared to spend too much time testing stuff at the games launch when it can be ruined at any time via an update.

A few of my systems from after last years post winter update haven’t quite worked as well so far this year so I’ll be keen to test those when I do finally update and I’d recommend that to others if they had good systems from previous game versions as they may well work better now.

I'm also thinking of just stopping testing tactics out now, or at least not bother until after the yearly January transfer window update. Starting to feel a waste of time testing stuff that then becomes useless. The saving grace is other than a couple of my own ones, most of the stuff I test is on here so it's at least ones I've not poured hours into creating.

Edited by Schwantz34

So my curiousity eventually got the better of me and I updated for the sake of 'many other fixes and improvements'. Here are some of my thoughts after a few matches:

I can understand why the player size has been increased in the highlights to improve visibility but sadly, I think they've overdone it... Players are jumbo sized now but appear disproportionate with the remainder of the graphics so it's rather immersion-breaking. The match ball and pitch remain the same size so it feels like I'm watching some giants play football... goalkeepers now almost take up almost half the length between the goalposts, and watching anything in the box (like corner kicks) is a nightmare because it's just a giant circle on top of another circle - everyone's overlapping each other in the box.

On the positive side, it does indeed feel like the game has gotten smoother (could be the placebo effect?). I'm not stuttering as much through some menus or the highlights during a rainy match at a poor pitch. Haven't really noticed much else. Some media lines have been edited, Northern Ireland club logos and Welsh cup logos added. Like others have said, I wish the devs could kindly post us a full changelog of the update.

I'm still uncertain whether to commit to this or roll back to the previous version. Really hoping SI can change it to a healthy average between pre- and post-patch player sizes because as it is now, I just can't seem to shake the feeling that I'm watching hockey instead of soccer.

All well and good, Foxy and Sam, but you need a guinea pig to let you know whether the update is working or not ;) seems fine to me...

@Thirsk maybe it's an issue with your display cos honestly, it seems fine to me:

Screenshot_20200226-081551_FM20 Mobile.jpg

36 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

well and good, Foxy and Sam, but you need a guinea pig to let you know whether the update is working or not ;) seems fine to me...

Very true and I salute those brave souls that climb out the trenches and walk across no man land at this time of year and I would be one of them if I wasn’t still very deep into a save.

The tactics breaking issue doesn’t bother me as much because generally a few tweaks are enough and like you @Mr Tree my tactics are quite simple so potentially less prone to being destroyed🤞 

After last years big change to conditioning and fitness though I think it was right to be a bit more cautious this year although it seems like so far the update is pretty positive except for some cosmetic issues. Stuff like this is worrying though...

https://community.sigames.com/topic/515157-urgent-hot-fix-needed-after-updating/

fair enough - the hysteria is barmy though - "every" reserve team - nope, working absolutely fine for me (though i've not started a new season yet so...)

i'm just finishing up my 26th season mate so fairly deep into this save :D

btw Baptiste got his first goal in Brentford colours last night.... now we just need to point him the right way 🤦‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

@Thirsk maybe it's an issue with your display cos honestly, it seems fine to me:

Screenshot_20200226-081551_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Yeah, mine looks identical. I'm probably just nitpicking. Maybe I've gotten too used to the proportions over time or I'm getting too old, I can't keep up with changes. I ended up rolling back as the blown up sizes aren't for me. 

27 minutes ago, Thirsk said:

Yeah, mine looks identical. I'm probably just nitpicking. Maybe I've gotten too used to the proportions over time or I'm getting too old, I can't keep up with changes. I ended up rolling back as the blown up sizes aren't for me. 

lol, i appreciate the larger icons given my aging eyes!! :D but yeah, i don't think they're OTT...

36 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

the hysteria is barmy though

All part of the entertainment of being an FMM fan 😉

37 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

btw Baptiste got his first goal in Brentford colours last night.... now we just need to point him the right way 🤦‍♂️

Agent Baptiste is doing his job then!

Costs £3m upfront and then £100m when you don’t get promoted.

1 hour ago, Thirsk said:

How does one roll back the update?

I'm in full agreement. Everything on 2D now looks horrendous. 

8 hours ago, Thirsk said:

So my curiousity eventually got the better of me and I updated for the sake of 'many other fixes and improvements'. Here are some of my thoughts after a few matches:

I can understand why the player size has been increased in the highlights to improve visibility but sadly, I think they've overdone it... Players are jumbo sized now but appear disproportionate with the remainder of the graphics so it's rather immersion-breaking. The match ball and pitch remain the same size so it feels like I'm watching some giants play football... goalkeepers now almost take up almost half the length between the goalposts, and watching anything in the box (like corner kicks) is a nightmare because it's just a giant circle on top of another circle - everyone's overlapping each other in the box.

On the positive side, it does indeed feel like the game has gotten smoother (could be the placebo effect?). I'm not stuttering as much through some menus or the highlights during a rainy match at a poor pitch. Haven't really noticed much else. Some media lines have been edited, Northern Ireland club logos and Welsh cup logos added. Like others have said, I wish the devs could kindly post us a full changelog of the update.

I'm still uncertain whether to commit to this or roll back to the previous version. Really hoping SI can change it to a healthy average between pre- and post-patch player sizes because as it is now, I just can't seem to shake the feeling that I'm watching hockey instead of soccer.

You can't roll back. If you have another device with it on though that works, just don't update one of them.

I play on the phone and tablet because when testing stuff I have a lot of saves going.

So as a challenge to myself I'm going to try and do something with Sassuolo. They are the one team I can never seem to do anything with. Going to try my version of the Leeds O'Leary 99-00 tactic (see thread on what that is, but not put my tactic in yet), and see if it does anything on this new update. If not I'll keep going until I find something that can work with Sassuolo. That'll keep me invested in the game for a bit 🤣