Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

13 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

OK. That means that participants who should play against  ScottishFMM should still submit results as they can get the lowest, or highest, score so they can win the bonus point or lose one point, right? 

They don’t have to submit results as they don’t have a fixture anymore. It will just be 3 points for the forfeit win, although they can still have a go at the challenge their results won’t be included in that particular week.

7 minutes ago, samhardy said:

They don’t have to submit results as they don’t have a fixture anymore. It will just be 3 points for the forfeit win, although they can still have a go at the challenge their results won’t be included in that particular week.

That does not seem fair as they loose the opportunity to get the extra point and it's not because of their fault. 

I don't have Scottish on my fixtures but I'm thinking of the guy who have it @RichD and @Woody

22 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

That does not seem fair as they loose the opportunity to get the extra point and it's not because of their fault. 

I don't have Scottish on my fixtures but I'm thinking of the guy who have it @RichD and @Woody

They’re getting a free 3 points for not picking up the game all week... I’d be over the moon if I were them. This is how we’ve always ran it when someone withdraws and it won’t be changing.

7 minutes ago, samhardy said:

They’re getting a free 3 points for not picking up the game all week... I’d be over the moon if I were them. This is how we’ve always ran it when someone withdraws and it won’t be changing.

Thanks for the free 3 points 👍

They are here for the competition, so not sure about over the moon, I would not be 😂

Being that way in the past doesn't mean is the right way, but I did my good deed and raised the question, is up to you if it's gonna change and up to @RichD and @Woody if they feel they should have the right.

Finally a win and it is by more than 10 points @George Traistă🤣

I knew clean sheets was not my forte and looking at the fixtures, I knew that I can take a risk and not get sacked and it paid off. Glad for that. 

5 hours ago, George Traistă said:

They are here for the competition, so not sure about over the moon, I would not be 😂

Being that way in the past doesn't mean is the right way, but I did my good deed and raised the question, is up to you if it's gonna change and up to @RichD and @Woody if they feel they should have the right.

With all due respect George, it’s Sam’s completion and therefore Sam’s rules. Please be respectful of that. It’s a pain in the arse organising stuff on here, he doesn’t get paid for it, and is doing it off of his own back. I am sure both Rich and Woody both acknowledge and appreciate that.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

With all due respect George, it’s Sam’s completion and therefore Sam’s rules. Please be respectful of that. It’s a pain in the arse organising stuff on here, he doesn’t get paid for it, and is doing it off of his own back. I am sure both Rich and Woody both acknowledge and appreciate that.

I think all that we are here apreciate Sam's effort, we are here for his work and for the community. If Sam thinks I'm being disrespectful, I'm sorry, I didn’t want to be that, I just wanted to see equal opportunity for all and tried to help. 

Again, I did close the subject and 

7 hours ago, George Traistă said:

... I did my good deed and raised the question... 

Nicely done lads! Fun little challenge that by the looks of it. 

As for the main event 

@samhardy 1 - 0 @George Traistă 

The people's club went all out on the offensive but the hosts parked the bus withstanding the assault, it could have gone either way but the sucker punch was landed. Long time pundit @Rob surprised audiences by praising the Englishman's organisation and committment to the spectacle. George's post match interview was short and sweet but in the end he decided he had to accept the decision, he did however mention concerns on how this defeat would impact others like @Woodywhen everything is all said and done. 

image.png.9ecc570f252da543f2fccf832c9db272.png

News has just broken that FoxBet have had all their gambling rights suspended for the time being as they are being investigated for potential “suspicious activity”. That means Black Cat Betting are back to run you through this week’s fixtures.

image.png.7bef0a8cba615d3777a2b6103fa9a463.png

Evs @Woody v @Kanegan 4/5

Both of these men have identical records so far with a win, draw and a loss apiece and also they have achieved a bonus point as well. All signs point to a very close encounter in what could be a crucial game already in the race for the playoffs. Last week saw an alarming dip for Woody though and although we all know he has some excellent performances in him Kane is the more consistent and we are going for him to build on last week’s impressive showing with back to back wins, this time coming out on the right side of a close encounter.

Prediction: Kane to win a close one.

10/11 @Jsavfc v @George Traistă 10/11

It is a clear demonstration of just how tight this competition is looking early doors that the first two fixtures of this week feature two people with identical records after 3 weeks. There isn’t much between these two at all and coming off defeats both will be eager to get back to winning ways as soon as possible. We have a feeling that there will be a winner in this one though but the problem is we don’t have a clue which one so will let a “good old” British 50p coin decide.

Prediction: The coin of destiny has decided George is going to win this one.

3/10 @broodje kip v @Aaron Thornton 5/2

It has got to the stage for Aaron where it is now do or die as a loss in this one will see him effectively eliminated from the competition with a week to spare. Broodje on the other hand has made a strong start to the tournament sitting in 3rd place and will be eyeing up another win. On the balance of the results so far there’s only one winner in this one but I’m sure the neutrals will be routing for Aaron to get on the board this week.

Prediction: broodje to win.

8/15 @Ian v @smoggy90 6/4

What a belter we have in store here in a repeat of the semi final from last year. Smog reclaimed his spot at the summit of the table after a narrow win over Villa last week whilst Ian finally sprung into life and got 3 points on the board. We are anticipating fireworks in this one and it is worth having a look at one of our enticing specials this week at these two to have the two highest scores and battle it out to a 3-3 draw.

Prediction: Draw.

Here is our specials board for week 4.

• Ian and Smog to have the top 2 scores - 9/2
  • Aaron to get his first points on the board - 2/1
  • Woody to go back to back in submitting last - 1/5
10 minutes ago, RichD said:

Nice write up Sam! 

Good luck to you all, I think I’ll just sit back and relax this week 😉

Would you care to have a bet since FoxBet have stolen all our income in the last couple of weeks?

17 minutes ago, samhardy said:

News has just broken that FoxBet have had all their gambling rights suspended for the time being as they are being investigated for potential “suspicious activity”.

Complete witch hunt based on nothing but facts and evidence.

58 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Would you care to have a bet since FoxBet have stolen all our income in the last couple of weeks?

What can I say, I’m a big fan of stealing.

I would like to put a 10er on @Aaron Thorntonwinning and getting the bonus point, as well as that I want every other fixture a draw😁

Edited by RichD
32 minutes ago, RichD said:

What can I say, I’m a big fan of stealing.

I would like to put a 10er on @Aaron Thorntonwinning and getting the bonus point as well with every other fixture a draw😁

I will go the other way and put my money on @broodje kip and only because I need his win, not because I believe in him 😂

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

I thought you might all like to know that it’s possible to score minus points on this weeks challenge.

Whilst I get to relax on the beach with my staff.

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

Looks really nice.

image.jpeg.cb31fa87a6869ad63ea549b8b2b66ed3.jpeg

If you look really closely you can see me with the red coat on.

Edited by RichD

Week 4 Challenge

After Black Cat Betting took the diabolical liberty of doing the preview yesterday I have snuck in and posted my own challenge before they can.

Last weeks challenge was quite a simple set up but make sure you are paying attention this week as it’s more complex. Here is a reminder of who you are all playing this week and remember @RichD has a walkover against ScottishFMM and will be awarded the 3pts for a win without having to play the challenge.

1427269611_fixturesWk4.thumb.png.cbe3a147ad952eac6d4a5b2ae4b920a9.png

The Le Mans 24hour is one of the most prestigious motor races in the world and makes up part of the Triple Crown of Motorsport along with the Monaco Grand Prix and the Indianapolis 500. It was first staged back in 1923 just outside the northern French town of Le Mans and is unique in that it isn’t based on the first person to finish a certain number of laps but instead it’s who can do the most laps in a 24hour period. It is considered the peak in endurance for both man and machine as the teams battle both the track, conditions, fatigue and mechanical problems to try and win the ultimate endurance race.

image.thumb.jpeg.d4b7c1bd99408a9bab8013c59ea449ee.jpeg

This week you will all be taking part in your own Le Mans 24 but instead of 24 hours you will be competing over 24 league games and instead of most laps deciding the winner the highest goal difference will be what you are after.

The Challenge 

You will all be managing Le Mans in the French National League (3rd Division) and you will play 24 league games in total with each one representing an hour of the Le Mans 24 hour race. Your squad will be your fuel with one member of the team leaving after each League game. Every goal you score will represent one lap of the track with every goal you concede being time spent in the pits. Obviously the aim is to spend more time on the track than in the pits so your score will be your league goal difference after the 24 league games so it’s possible we could have minus scores this week.

Confused?
Hopefully these clarifications will straighten it all out for you.

• You must manage Le Mans in the French 3rd Tier.
  • You must play 24 league games with cup matches having no relevance in this challenge.
  • You must have a first team squad of only French players. France must be there First Nation.
  • Your first team squad can be as big as you want up to the 40 player limit and you can do any transfers you want but all transfers must be done by the time your first league game starts on the 22nd of August.
  • Once the season starts you cannot buy any more players and you cannot promote players during the season from your reserve team either.
  • After each league game one player must be demoted from your first team squad. The player who has scored the most goals in the previous game is demoted or if more than one player scores the same amount of goals in the game then the player with the most goals in the season or again if equal the player with the highest AvR must be demoted.
  • If you have no goalscorer in a league game that still means you must demote a player and it must be your current top scorer in all competitions. If you have players equal on season goals then the one with the highest AvR is demoted if that’s equal then it’s your choice of which one you demote.
  • The demoted players must be sent to your reserve team straight away although you can also sell or release them if you need to free up room in that squad. They can never be promoted back into the first team during the save.
  • Your points will be your league goal difference after the 24 games so if you have a +20 goal difference then you score 20pts and if you have a -20 then you would get -20pts.
  • Tiebreaker will be most league wins.
  • If you are sacked you will score 0pts.

Other Rules 
  • You must use the original database.
  • No editing, reloading or cheating in any way.
  • No unlockables although you can have a coaching badge and any reputation you want.
  • If asked you must provide the save file to myself or Sam and failure to do so will result in a 0 score and possible elimination from the event.
  • Screenshots must be sent to Sam in the chat you already have active with him.

Screenshots 
  • Transfers in and out on the day of the first league game and then after the 24th league game of the season.
  • Squad listed by nationality on the day of the first league game.
  • Squad listed by appearances after the 24th league game.
  • Profile page for your highest rated player after 24 league games.
  • Manager profile and history.
  • League table

Deadline: Sunday 7th February @ 10pm UK Time

Any questions then please ask and good luck.

Hello Relegation! I love the sound of this challenge as I love my motorsport, but when I'm fighting for my life and see this, I feel sick 🤮 nonetheless, Me and Captain America will give it our all. Good luck everyone this should be a crazy fun one to do. 

Oh god. Not looking forward to this, demoting after every game is brutal. 

Can we loan in aswell as buy (providing its a french player etc), then just end the loan instead of demoting if they have to leave?

Screenshot_20210201_104910.thumb.jpg.d116a1cb0f6dc6131c2415e12c5d961e.jpg

Breaking News!!! A quote from a source linked closely to Broodje FC reads as follows... 

"There has been outbreak of Covid 19 in the @broodje kip dressing room and he has been forced to forfeit his match against VPL whipping boys Aaron FC"

The Manager of the VPL strugglers had this to say on the matter. 

"Thank god... I mean, I hope they're all OK and recover, not how I wanted to win my first game but there you have it in black and white, I have indeed got 3 points in the bag"