Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

35 minutes ago, Chelseaplchamps2022 said:

Me as well!

Glad it’s not just me.

15 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Everything starts to fall apart once you hit 31.

Correct Mr Fox. I’m now 30, so not looking forward to my 31st.

Don't get me wrong, there are still considerable drop offs but I've seen plenty of 35 year olds with 17/18 shooting, Aerial etc. That wouldn't of happened many moons ago. In my experience anyway 

I’ve found there to be a little bit more variation this year. I always felt like last year it was 33 where they’d turn to shit but not so much this year. DCL and Richarlison both seemed to decline at around 31-32 on my Milan save whereas Leão stayed very good for much longer, I’m sure he was 35 and still decent. Bruno stayed great for longer too on my other save so I am seeing more variation based on the only two long saves I’ve done so far this year.

After writing my last post I’m starting to wonder if the players position makes a difference as to when they decline as I’m always thinking perhaps the developers try to hinder strikers. I mean, Leão could play as a striker but he was mostly at AM for me as was Bruno and they both stayed decent longer than any of the strikers used in those saves. Something I’ll keep in mind. 

Just now, Ian said:

After writing my last post I’m starting to wonder if the players position makes a difference as to when they decline as I’m always thinking perhaps the developers try to hinder strikers. I mean, Leão could play as a striker but he was mostly at AM for me as was Bruno and they both stayed decent longer than any of the strikers used in those saves. Something I’ll keep in mind. 

I think this is the case, central defenders always stay very good for a lot longer in my experience. I had Bruno and Goretzka stay really decent until 33/34 on my Augusta one. I have found my strikers drop off a lot faster than any other position.

Also I don’t know if others have noticed 3 week or a month injury to players any age decreases the attributes it really winds me up. Got a few examples on my current DT and it really winds me up.

When I was playing with Leicester, Jamie Vardy asked if he could retrain to a attacking midfielder to prolog his career.  Worked really well as a SS.
I didn't think older players would retrain, but obviously could teach old dogs new tricks.

3 minutes ago, SK15Kev said:

When I was playing with Leicester, Jamie Vardy asked if he could retrain to a attacking midfielder to prolog his career.  Worked really well as a SS.
I didn't think older players would retrain, but obviously could teach old dogs new tricks.

Happened to me last year Bernardo Silva wanted to play left back 🤣

I had Aaron Ramsey request to train as a right back in my 1kc this year. He was 36 and I didn't play a system that used full backs or wing backs. 🙈🤦‍♂️ It did prolong his career for one more season though.

4 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

I sell every player as soon as they hit 30! I'm not taking the chance of their attributes decreasing, and losing value.

I can relate to this, its like an OCD 🤣

11 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

I sell every player as soon as they hit 30! I'm not taking the chance of their attributes decreasing, and losing value.

6 minutes ago, DLC said:

I can relate to this, its like an OCD 🤣

I am exactly the same as well, very rarely I keep players passed 29, the only ones I do are if I’m doing a challenge 😂

2 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Same here, I may sometimes just keep one if their stats haven’t dropped completely, for mentoring purposes only. 

I downloaded version 12.3.0d1524718 the latest in the play store.

Wow, all my tactics are garbage now. Everything has been affected. 

Particularly funny is the INF role. I play mine pushed up in the forward line. Before this update both sides (INFs) would average 6 shots a game each. They have totalled 0 combined over the first 3 games since updating. Just LOL.

3 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Particularly funny is the INF role. I play mine pushed up in the forward line. Before this update both sides (INFs) would average 6 shots a game each. They have totalled 0 combined over the first 3 games since updating. Just LOL.

Yeah a lot of things seem to stop being as effective with each new update.

I think going forward it would be good if they just did a couple of big updates and that's all during the life of the game.

Maybe one small one to fix any catastrophic bugs at the start (like the issue some iPads had even starting up the game in previous versions), then another at the January transfer window and another somewhere else.

It just feels at the moment that every time you start a save it's going to be affected by another new update.

4 hours ago, billy2shots said:

On the positive side I have seen some nice improvement for wingers, particularly in the standard midfield position.

I have another quick question, does anyone know how attributes growth works? I have Liam Delap who was stagnant on his selected attribute which was Aeriel he then was injured for around a month or so and two weeks upon returning his attribute jumped up three levels. Why is this?

Second competitive game. Definitely conceding more than on previous version with this tactic. Another disallowed goal too. I’m basically just using something similar to what I used for the Ronaldo badge challenge but with Lukaku as the main man.

AE59CFE4-741B-4ECE-A333-C41DF159B0B1.thumb.png.ad70f8e1e77dddebe62880fb5f2ed7e2.png

Fifth game and Lukaku is still doing it. The team aren’t used to each other yet though so hopefully it’ll be uphill from here. 

80FFF555-9FF0-46A9-A263-B215AAA1523C.thumb.png.f55483c3c62105470197c8d0058aaff5.png

I think i may do a testing thread later on with more detail lol.

Seventh game and it’s frustration as although we dominate, our main man isn’t amongst the goals. He was at a slightly lower condition before the game but not tired so I went with him. Probably shouldn’t have done in hindsight but that’s life. I will stop these soon don’t worry lol.

74D9DA25-2D0E-4038-A0D6-4E08C1ED2380.thumb.png.23d464fb404565c69c4c0c066c37f3a0.png

Eighth game and it’s more frustration for the main man as all he could muster was one solitary goal. The missed penalty was annoying as he’s now missed two in this brief test and hardly missed any in what five plus years of my peak years/ Bruno challenge on the previous version. 

FA09101F-2D93-4B44-AC0C-BF9BDA28D8F3.thumb.png.ddb25869a96697ca1bfa80024cf6dc91.png

Edited by Ian

Ninth game and it’s now back to the drawing board as although Lukaku is going to do alright he’s certainly not going to be fantastic. Another disallowed goal and Bruno is pissing me off too! The end 😂

D989B76C-9735-41AE-BA3E-1A971BBEC69D.thumb.png.fed3a726bc5146a4c3a4a77ceda676c0.png

Edited by Ian