Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM22 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

13 minutes ago, Scratch said:

OMG. This game is rubbish. The worst. I'll be over in FMM21...

1070449116_Screenshot_20211112-002102_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.be29c8353bb5e9be3a937704a13252ef.jpg

Time to move on mate, some dude named Mikey is waiting for you to give him a 1kc attempt though.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Ohh nice! I haven’t completed 5 seasons in one go, I’ve done 5 seasons all together though, hopefully that doesn’t count 😂

Doesn’t sound like you need to do anything but I think there’s a file you can delete which will get rid of everything you’ve unlocked. Not sure what file it is though. I might investigate it when I go on the laptop to install my naming fix for future reference.

1 minute ago, broodje kip said:

Time to move on mate, some dude named Mikey is waiting for you to give him a 1kc attempt though.

Great idea! Though because of his lack of Aerial and lack of any real skill I might have to adjust the target down. Maybe a 0.2KC?

added 0 minutes later
Just now, Ian said:

Doesn’t sound like you need to do anything but I think there’s a file you can delete which will get rid of everything you’ve unlocked. Not sure what file it is though. I might investigate it when I go on the laptop to install my naming fix for future reference.

It'll be game.cfg unless they have changed things behind the scenes since last year..

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I actually random went Crystal Palace yesterday to try and get a tactic working with them, a formation I wouldn’t usually do, finished 3rd and then went Tottenham for half a season and was top. I usually go big clubs but seemed to work testing an average team 😁

What formation is that? ;) 

20 minutes ago, MikeF said:

What formation is that? ;) 

3-2-2-2-1, never used 3 CB’s before but couldn’t get anything else to work 😂

This is how Barca lined up against me in the Champions League under Koeman (or as Juls says "that Dutch Guy"). 414627766_Screenshot_20211110-231235_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.72b1e7a3d9dd6bcb7cbb120a277ac250.jpg

It's official, even FMM doesn't like his tactics or team selections.

58 minutes ago, Rich said:

3-2-2-2-1, never used 3 CB’s before but couldn’t get anything else to work 😂

Interesting. I’ve been using 3 at the back and found it nice too. Inspired by Contes attempt to make spurs great again.

I’ve found that when your wingbacks get caught high up the pitch you leak goals (which makes sense). Gone are the days of 1 at the back!

#MSGA

Edited by MikeF
1 hour ago, Scratch said:

I've used Salcedo a few times and like him, so maybe. I might give Colombo a go as he looks interesting. Or I might get real adventurous and go with a non Italian. Maybe Satriano - I think he might be real nice.

Just go with Lorenzo Lucca, or is he too old?

4 hours ago, Rich said:

I actually random went Crystal Palace yesterday to try and get a tactic working with them, a formation I wouldn’t usually do, finished 3rd and then went Tottenham for half a season and was top. I usually go big clubs but seemed to work testing an average team 😁

How on earth did you finish 3rd with Palace 😂 halfway through and really struggling in 14th, my 4-2-4 tactic that’s worked for the last 2 mobile editions has gone right down the toilet 😔

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

You on IOS? I haven’t got anything yet.

Android. Just applied it on my tablet.

Edited by Schwantz34
Just now, Resurgam said:

How on earth did you finish 3rd with Palace 😂 halfway through and really struggling in 14th, my 4-2-4 tactic that’s worked for the last 2 mobile editions has gone right down the toilet 😔

21261E17-A566-4A5B-80BD-54CAF168DFE3.thumb.png.b97952e52c99f9185a34a46f42cc7a1f.png

A lot of close games to be honest, I was nervy at the end of most games tbh 😂

I went 3 CB’s and played quite defensive but still conceded 50 🙈

Christ, there's an update and I haven't even started playing yet. Been busy with work. Hoping to play on the weekend but I'll probably spend ages installing graphics. 😅

41 minutes ago, Rich said:

Ahh right, nothing yet on the IOS, hopefully comes soon! 

39 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Just updated my phone with it as well.

I just updated and I believe its fixed the stretch screen. I haven't had to reload skin and restart my phone for the first time since first installing the game. Sweet! 😁

3 hours ago, MikeF said:

Interesting. I’ve been using 3 at the back and found it nice too. Inspired by Contes attempt to make spurs great again.

I’ve found that when your wingbacks get caught high up the pitch you leak goals (which makes sense). Gone are the days of 1 at the back!

#MSGA

I take it back… my 3 at the back formation collapsed 😂 

5065132F-964D-4B66-B188-357BD26E67CE.thumb.png.ff0b9647a2ff3fb83f17955e212c8ba2.png

1 minute ago, MikeF said:

I take it back… my 3 at the back formation collapsed 😂 

5065132F-964D-4B66-B188-357BD26E67CE.thumb.png.ff0b9647a2ff3fb83f17955e212c8ba2.png

I changed mine for the last few games of the season as mine did and it made huge improvements😝

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

I changed mine for the last few games of the season as mine did and it made huge improvements😝

I keep tweaking mine as I’m getting mixed results. But - my team is awful and I’m looking at a play off position first season in league one when the board want me to avoid relegation (even after that mid season flop) so maybe it’s doing fine. 

Hi, I'm wondering if the upgrade to the AI, in terms of squad management and signings is noticeable? 

I'm enjoying the game, but I'm only in November of my first season, so haven't had a transfer window yet. 

I like that all playable leagues of selected nations are available, as it'll keep the game more interesting, if paired with a more intelligent AI 

Edited by SaintPaul

I’m finding the conditioning of youngsters a bit tough going. It has been in recent years but seems much harsher this year to me.

I’ve got an 18 year old here who has only managed to play in 13 of our 19 league games so far in our current season despite not suffering any injuries.

This is our recent run of fixtures, he’s played 60-70 minutes in each of the last three of those fixtures, all with seven days in between and he’s slightly tired going into the next game.

96F580C4-1326-45A2-B50F-AD171322BB5C.thumb.png.de919afd8b19752af4a7762342419449.png

3B7E72F6-EB8A-4436-A778-31341330FE5E.thumb.png.2edd38ff88a1ca5797729f71e0b761ad.png

I suppose I understand it to some degree but it ain’t half frustrating.

Edited by Ian

I've noticed you lose a lot more games with all positive feedback on this version. Nothing on the red side.

Bit odd really. It's happening often in my current save.

6 hours ago, lonfo said:

Just go with Lorenzo Lucca, or is he too old?

Hmm, he was rubbish last year, but looks good this year. Went with Satriano though - should be better than Lucca most of the time and I've been wanting to try him since last year. They are both 20, which is a little old for a 1KC, but still pretty feasible (unless goals have really dried up this year),

Do any of the regular users here have time/desire to test a tactic out? I seem to be on a bit of winning streak in my save, but not sure if it’s tactic or just luck. I haven’t got time to do a full season test with a random team so wondered if any one fancied it? 

4 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Do any of the regular users here have time/desire to test a tactic out? I seem to be on a bit of winning streak in my save, but not sure if it’s tactic or just luck. I haven’t got time to do a full season test with a random team so wondered if any one fancied it? 

I can mate, I have enough free time WFH 😂