Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic World Cup 2022 Discussion Thread

FuddledFox

It's just so infuriating that Wales' two worst performances in the past decade or so have come in a World Cup. 
Not ONE player on that pitch seemed to be able to make a pass. Every decision made seemed to be the wrong one. It's been horrific! 😡
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️

Well done Iran. 👏

2 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Nailed it, lol :)

That was harsh. Its 0-0 until 90+7 😂

Is this Iran strong or Wales is just... Weak? They look disinterested for me. 

12 minutes ago, Ariza8 said:

That was harsh. Its 0-0 until 90+7 😂

Is this Iran strong or Wales is just... Weak? They look disinterested for me. 

Weak is an understatement. I wouldn't get carried away with Iran. 

3 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Weak is an understatement. I wouldn't get carried away with Iran. 

Ouch, if its coming from someone Welsh then it must be true 😅

I expect them at least decent/average... 

4 minutes ago, Ariza8 said:

Ouch, if its coming from someone Welsh then it must be true 😅

I expect them at least decent/average... 

I had a lot of faith in us. But, Bale not playing regularly, for years now has caught up with him. Ramsey isn't fit. Not fully fit anyway.

We have just been very poor in both matches so far. It's tough to take but i can't change it. 🤣

Just now, Mr Tree said:

Is the heat being talked about much as a factor? Teams look baked by the end...

How could it? Both teams had to play in it. Iran might be better equipped to deal with it but it can't be an excuse for a distinct lack in quality with the ball from us. I don't think, anyway.

3 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I had a lot of faith in us. But, Bale not playing regularly, for years now has caught up with him. Ramsey isn't fit. Not fully fit anyway.

We have just been very poor in both matches so far. It's tough to take but i can't change it. 🤣

Rely far too much on them both. Its a case of if they dont play we cant compete.

Would be best if they both just retire now and let the next gen come through...if there are any.

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

Rely far too much on them both. Its a case of if they dont play we cant compete.

Would be best if they both just retire now and let the next gen come through...if there are any.

Tbh. I wanted us to start the first 2 games without them. We have serious legs in those positions. Using them as impact subs, if and when needed would of suited us, I think.

I'm dreading Tuesday already. England could seriously do damage.

20 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Tbh. I wanted us to start the first 2 games without them. We have serious legs in those positions. Using them as impact subs, if and when needed would of suited us, I think.

I'm dreading Tuesday already. England could seriously do damage.

Don't worry too much, different with first two team, Wales already know England, and maybe there will be extra motivation (?) 

And its Southgate's England, they can be really inconsistent and who knows, maybe Wales can give shock win (especially if England won against USA and decided to field second team)

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Well yes, cos the rest of them are park footballers. Look at Joe Allen today ffs :D

no need for silly injury time in this second match, ref - just blow up now :)

Iran under normal circumstances are a very solid team. Injuries and off the field issues in the country are definitely affecting them. There are several other groups they would get out of, but I wouldn't back them to get past the round of 16.

England holding on against USA. 

Southgate is the luckiest manager alive and has over delivered due to insanely easy routes to latter stages of tournaments. 

Shown up in the nations league and every time we play anyone half decent (Germany the Ingmar)

Mount not fit to lace Foden"s boots. He's definitely got a secret about Southgate and is using it to get a starting place. 

The Turdfest continues. 

Poor game last night but not the end of the World. How Foden doesn't get in over Mount is confusing, I agreed with Hendo coming on to shore up the midfield and Rashy and Grealish to provide more options on the wings but feel like the game was crying out for Foden to try and do some magic.

I think the route to the final and whether we finish 1st or 2nd doesn't really matter as gotta play a big team at some point but performances like that are concerning. Also hope we top group so a world cup England round of 16 tie can be on my birthday.

Lets go again against Wales, change things up a bit and Gareth, please start Foden!!!

49 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Poor game last night but not the end of the World. How Foden doesn't get in over Mount is confusing, I agreed with Hendo coming on to shore up the midfield and Rashy and Grealish to provide more options on the wings but feel like the game was crying out for Foden to try and do some magic.

I think the route to the final and whether we finish 1st or 2nd doesn't really matter as gotta play a big team at some point but performances like that are concerning. Also hope we top group so a world cup England round of 16 tie can be on my birthday.

Lets go again against Wales, change things up a bit and Gareth, please start Foden!!!

I wouldn’t worry too much as it’s all ITV’s fault and the 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 game is on BBC.

8 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

No pace, no ergency and no creativity. It was a shocking performance. Hungary would of had a field day 🤣

31 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

Did FIFA asked the teams to start producing good games instead of 0-0 turd fest?

Today is the first day I haven't watched at least 60 minutes of each match. 

They both turn out to be high drama. 

Unluckily for you guys, I'm able to watch the last 2 matches today. 

Let the Turdfest continue. 

3 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Today is the first day I haven't watched at least 60 minutes of each match. 

They both turn out to be high drama. 

Unluckily for you guys, I'm able to watch the last 2 matches today. 

Let the Turdfest continue. 

Yep. Thanks for that! 🙄🤣

7 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Australia 🔥

They switched on “time wasting” and “long balls” “down the flanks” from the 80th minute onwards. 

Shows the death of plug’n’play tactics right?! 😉

The thing I most enjoy about World Cups, taking patriotic bias out of it (which has receded a lot over the year), is the emergence of players and teams. USA, Japan, and Australia all showing they have improved; Gakpo, for example, showing the world what most of on here know in that he’s a talent ready to step up.

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I've hardly watched a kick and it really doesn't feel like the world cup for me at all 😕

Well if you turned the Mario Trailer off loop then you may get to see some 😂