Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games FMM Cup 2

BatiGoal

FMM Cup 2

Welcome to FMM Cup 2, Vibe friends. This is the sequel of what was formerly known as Top Football Manager Cup - and since it was a !!GREATASTIC!! success back in 2017 ( am I over-selling this? ) I thought why not try and have another go at this with old and new hands of the community. For those who're interested in reading the 1st installment - Read here - where the entire community witnessed an absolute epic final between AndersJ vs Jens with the Belgian Bulldozer narrowly defeating the Danish Dynamite in a 6-4 tie-breaker.

Will @AndersJ seek revenge for a lost final? Will @Jens come out of FMM retirement to defend his title? This year's edition has undergone a few changes for the better tho in order to maintain a higher level of interaction from all participants throughout the competition. The main one being the "last man standing - knock out system" has made way for a standard "point - league system". 

What is this FMM Cup 2 all about? Simple. I present a problem or situation with 3 possible scenarios, A, B and C. I set it up, present the problem, give all the needed information including screenshots if necessary and all you have to do is pick which of the 3 scenarios will be most effective for that particular instance. You then PM me your chosen scenario, A, B or C - I play out all 3 and post them in a detailed update. If your chosen scenario does indeed generate the better results, you win, meaning you score 3 pts. 2nd best scenario scores 1 pt. Worst scenario scores 0 pts.

Do I need to play at all? No. You don't need to actually manage any club or play a career. Your job is very simple, which is why I'm hoping to get lots of people to join. It doesn't require anything from you other than taking a few minutes of your time to read thru the problems and scenarios. All I require from you is a PM stating which scenario you favor without any explanation needed. Once I get all your PMs in -don't reveal to anyone your chosen scenario until I post your picks- and I will play out all scenarios and declare the winners and losers of that round.

What sort of problems/scenarios can we expect?

• Home / Away v Plug&Play formation 
  • most suitable player for specific roles
  • effectiveness of certain player roles
  • player role combinations front, center, back, flanks
  • most prolific striking duo / trio up front
  • In-game tweaks - subs, shape, passing style, final third..
  • best set-up for a clean sheet
  • best set-up for a hattrick or beyond
  • nullify opponent's Poacher or Playmaker
  • who of 3 makes the better Captain 
  • young talented v peak v veteran player
  • etc etc ..

Every circumstance I present is unique and features either a different league, division, team or player. There's literally thousands of possibilities here and my job is to give you a clear (un)common case you could encounter during one of your FMM careers with three different options on how to tackle it. This will gradually increase in difficulty as we get deeper into this FMM Cup 2, until we've played 10 Rounds (scenarios) with an FMM Cup 2 Champion at the end of it. Could it be you?

Can you show me how it works? Sunderland have had a disastrous season and are at the brink of relegation to League One.

Positives: they hold a 3-point lead over their "relegation rivals" and need a single point to secure Championship football.

Negatives: they're playing league leaders Burnley away on their final game of the season, while some of their rivals enjoy an easier home game + a GD in their favor.

• Formation A: defensive 5-3-2 (players, roles and match settings provided in screenshots)
  • Formation B: attacking 4-2-4 (players, roles and match settings provided in screenshots)
  • Formation C: balanced 3-4-3 (players, roles and match settings provided in screenshots)

Everything else will be entirely identical. I will then play the final game v Burnley 10 times over for each of the 3 scenarios and take the average. For example:

- Formation A: defensive 5-3-2 : 0 wins, 7 draws, 3 losses : 70% success - 30% failure

Formation B: attacking 4-2-4 : 5 wins, 0 draws, 5 losses : 50% success - 50% failure

Formation C: balanced 3-4-3 : 3 wins, 3 draws, 4 losses : 60% success - 40% failure

Remember - in this particular instance we don't need to get the most points, we just need to avoid losing so we don't get relegated. This means that Formation A is the best out of 3. Formation C comes second and B is third. A=3pts, C=1pt, B=0pts. (feel free to come to me with questions if anything I explained is unclear or needs clarification)

How do I sign up? Just give a shout and drop a comment and you're in. I'll update the OP accordingly.

When do we go live? Depends on the turn out to be honest. If the response is low I'll cancel the idea. If we get enough excited minds (10 at the very least) we may start in a day or 2, 3, a week possibly.

FMM Cup 2 - Rules

• All games will be played by me and NOT simulated / holidayed.
  • All games will be played on EME with the latest update in place.
  • PM me your choice (A, B or C) once the round has begun.
  • Do NOT reveal your pick to anyone before the round has closed.
  • In case of a tie, an 11th - 12th etc game shall be played to decide a winner.
  • Winners get 3 pts, Runners-Up 1 pt, Losers 0 pts.
  • This competition counts 10 Rounds in a league format.
  • The manager with most points after 10 Rounds is declared FMM CUP 2 CHAMPION !!!

All that rests me to say to you now is: Sign Up! There's no set maximum # of players so the more the better. Looking forward to getting this started.

FMM Cup 2 Managers : Leaderboard

1.  0 pts - StuartM
  2.  0 pts - leedsunited87
  3.  0 pts - DanEnglish 
  4.  0 pts - AtleticoWolves
  5.  0 pts - Kanegan
  6.  0 pts - broodje kip
  7.  0 pts - Titjes
  8.  0 pts - Kun Aguero
  9.  0 pts - AndersJ
  10.  0 pts - Chris Rawlings
  11.  0 pts - BakaSotong
  12.  0 pts - DutchTony 
Edited by BatiGoal

The quantity is almost here and the quality is definitely here. Altho .. not everyone may be convinced that these champ-wannabees have what it takes to survive the mental stress this competition brings and come out on top. Time will tell .. 

5 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

The object of war is not to die for your country but make the other bastards die for their countries! 

I can’t believe I’ve lived this long in my life without ever hearing that quote - genius.

Thanks for joining, guys. We've got 10 elite managers here already so we're definitely going ahead with this. I'll start the preparations right now and post a teaser of Round 1 within the next few days.

In the meantime I expect the number of participants to go up to 20+ hopefully. 

Stay tuned..

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks for joining, guys. We've got 10 elite managers here already so we're definitely going ahead with this. I'll start the preparations right now and post a teaser of Round 1 within the next few days.

In the meantime I expect the number of participants to go up to 20+ hopefully. 

Stay tuned..

9 elite and 1 god-like manager called broodje kip

42 minutes ago, BakaSotong said:

IDK if I'm late, but I'd love to join if you're still taking entrants!

We haven't started yet so you're in, OP updated. I've only put the post up yesterday and I'd like to give the regular members a chance to sign up so I'm leaving it open for a couple more days at least.

With the current league format people can still join after the competition has started. Missing rounds will put them at a point disadvantage, but it's all in good fun so let's hope we get a larger chunk of the community involved 🙂

2 minutes ago, StuartM said:

Actually loving that I'm top of the table (I know its a list not a table but I don't care), that will change soon enough 😂

No matter how you look at it, you ARE the man to beat right now 😆

Hi guys, a little announcement to make, I need to offer everyone my sincere apologies!

Remember when I said we'd be gradually increasing the level of difficulty as we progressed in this competition? Thing is, I sort of told you lot what you wanted to hear to lure you in. Truth is, I lied. Things are going to get crazy tough from Round 1. >>> evil laughter <<<

Your Host,

BatiGoal

Round 1 shall be posted in a few days. There's still plenty of time for more people to join the fun. Pls read OP for more details.. 

Here's already a teaser of what's awaiting you.

FMM CUP 2

- Round 1 -

245693225_Screenshot_20230212-2142223.thumb.png.f902bf2dc8ae6237467808c721682d28.png

+  Man Management Skills  +

Stay Tuned...

Hello guys, ...

... WE ... ARE ... LIVE ... From the FMM Arena, welcome all contestants and also welcome millions of viewers watching how this spectacle unfolds from the comforts of your couch. 12 brave managers (still accepting new entries - read OP) are going to battle - and...battle...they...will - in 10 excruciating rounds. The rounds will feature all sorts of dilemma's we have/haven't/will/should/could face during one of our thousands of FMM careers. The 10 rounds will be HARD - The 10 rounds will be PAINFUL - The rounds will BREAK YOU ALL BUT 1 manager who comes out on top claiming FMM Cup 2 World Champion.

Ok, enough of this build up nonsense 😂 let's go and see what's in store for you in the very first round..

FMM CUP 2

- Round 1 -

245693225_Screenshot_20230212-2142223.thumb.png.f902bf2dc8ae6237467808c721682d28.png

+  Man Management Skills  +

Injuries are players' as well as managers' worst nightmare. It keeps us FMM managers awake at night yet it's very much part of nearly every long-term career posted on here. The 1000-goal challenge in particular. A player's career lasts only so long, we therefore need to keep the main striker fit and healthy at all times in order to score lots of goals within the limited time we have. We don't want to play players at 50% fitness levels as this significantly increases the risk for much bigger injuries. We also can't bench the main goal-scorer every single time he picks up a knock, otherwise he'll announce his retirement before he comes anywhere near his 1000th career goal. So whether we like it or not, it's a dilemma we face finding that sweet spot, that balance of playing "unfit" players without pushing them over the edge. Here's where we're going to need a little dose of your expertise..

1KC Striker Elanga Gets Injured

745465955_896822894_Screenshot_20230212-0959552.png.c4dbbabd9d2978766ba7fa030d94c3de2.thumb.png.45a2493828b242a1736a9097fc994e98.png

Elanga is your 1KC hero, your .. injured 1KC hero. And since this may be a recurring injury I've decided to take physiotherapeutic action, which now keeps him on the sidelines for 2 months.

765422739_2012831294_Screenshot_20230212-1000512.png.610951b0e008f7b1ee1acea81d2a09872.thumb.png.65f83c2a6516a969996cec6d4f75ac90.png

A procedure for the better, long-term, but it's set us back quite a bit in terms of the 1000-goal schedule we need to stick to. Elanga desperately needs to get back on track and start scoring goals again.

Next Match

1445172296_Screenshot_20230212-1458372.thumb.png.265d20aa07952041b6afea320ca03f3e.png

This is a great easy home game vs Stoke to get Elanga back on the score sheet. We can't afford not playing him again and deny a golden opportunity to score a brace, hattrick or even better. However..

Elanga at 74% fitness

1016611434_Screenshot_20230212-1639102.thumb.png.e52483bd8878aa8ce376a9561571c429.png

Just as Elanga was getting readied for the match he picked up yet another knock during training. Major major setback but this is how things stand - he *IS* and *WILL* feature in today's match. 

Option A : Play Elanga from the start - full 90 min.

• The next game is over a week away so we are grabbing every minute and every goal we possibly can - despite risking an in-game injury / exit.

Option B : Play Elanga 45 min. only (in the 2nd half)

• Stoke have lower energy levels in the 2nd half. Bringing in an "unfit" but 20-Pace Elanga gives us a much better chance to take full advantage of it.

Option C : Play Elanga for 30 min. (60 - 90th min.)

• We leave it late, but once we take the lead Stoke must come out. Their defense will split open - meaning more space and more goals for Elanga.

For each of the 3 options above, the home game vs. Stoke shall be played 10 times featuring a retrained Elanga in a Poacher role. I will then calculate the average goal per game ratio for each of the 3 options. The highest average gpg for Elanga wins. 

Tactics / player roles / settings are identical for all 3 options. Which option (A, B or C) do you think gets Elanga the highest goal per game ratio? -> You may discuss the 3 options at length in this thread but do NOT reveal your answer. * PM me the answer! *

Additional info in here

Spoiler

1841980873_Screenshot_20230213-1157022.thumb.png.2c21105c95555e15a5f2ec815dcccabc.png

This is the 4-5-1 formation we will be using for all 3 options, Elanga being the Poacher. He's on Penalties but not on any other set piece.

116408266_Screenshot_20230213-1214153.thumb.png.caef778daa14c8da7fadc572e5458bb5.png

This is the supporting cast. Good squad, good squad depth to provide Elanga all the tools he needs to score his goals.

859361077_Screenshot_20230213-1218382.thumb.png.e20db0139a29fa6157d44bb691adbd2d.png

He's not an out and out Poacher by nature, he's a retrained one. But still very capable of doing us proud.

That's all the information you're getting!

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, however, I'm not promising any answers 🙂 Goodluck everyone and don't forget to PM me your option.

FMM Cup 2 Managers : Leaderboard

(Round 1 in progress - awaiting votes)

1.  0 pts - StuartM
  2.  0 pts - leedsunited87
  3.  0 pts - DanEnglish 
  4.  0 pts - AtleticoWolves
  5.  0 pts - Kanegan
  6.  0 pts - broodje kip
  7.  0 pts - Titjes
  8.  0 pts - Kun Aguero
  9.  0 pts - AndersJ
  10.  0 pts - Chris Rawlings
  11.  0 pts - BakaSotong
  12.  0 pts - DutchTony 
Edited by BatiGoal

Wow - great scenario! 👍 i think you’re CRAZY for playing anyone at 74% fitness!

Question - will you be making any subs yourself during these 30 ‘groundhog day’ matches … or is it just Elanga who’d come on? 🙂 am comparing your subs bench to your first teamers 🤔 

44 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Wow - great scenario! 👍 i think you’re CRAZY for playing anyone at 74% fitness!

I never play anyone under 80% but - for argument's sake - he needs to complete his 1KC 😀

44 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Question - will you be making any subs yourself during these 30 ‘groundhog day’ matches … or is it just Elanga who’d come on? 🙂 am comparing your subs bench to your first teamers 🤔 

Indeed groundhog day, yes I'll immediately sub anyone injured or under 80% barring Elanga of course.

To all, I understand these 10 matches per option may not 100% definitively and truthfully represent given scenario(s) as differences between them may be very minimal at times, but imo it does give us a fair indication of how certain things tick in the world of FMM. Unless you guys want me to play 100 games per option? 😆 

Edited by BatiGoal

Quick note to everyone, I've added the following rule and already added in the OP.

• In case of a tie, an 11th -> 12th etc game shall be played to decide the winner.

Results will be posted once all votes are in. I'd better get playing .. 

49 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

To all, I understand these 10 matches per option may not 100% definitively and truthfully represent given scenario(s) as differences between them may be very minimal at times, but imo it does give us a fair indication of how certain things tick in the world of FMM. Unless you guys want me to play 100 games per option? 😆 

Haha - I don’t think we need statistical significance! 10 matches per option is already more than we humble managers could ever ask for - even 1 match per option would still be fun 🙂 

50 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Indeed groundhog day, yes I'll immediately sub anyone injured or under 80% barring Elanga of course.

To make it easier on yourself - if you do use other subs, how about only subbing on others (a) when injured OR at one of two points - if they’re below 80% (bi) at either half-time OR (bii) at sometime between 60-70 mins (whenever the game stops play after you push the button). That simplifies things for you across 30 ! games.

This is too in the weeds anyway - won’t make much difference 😂 I’ll still get it wrong!