Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

2 hours ago, billy2shots said:

VAR continues to be an absolute joke. 

Man City had a goal diaslowed on Tuesday because of an outstretched arm (that you can't legally score with) but a goal ruled legal when it looked like Jesus's knee was offside. 

Now Werner has just had that goal ruled out as his outstretched arm was a little further outstretched than Robertson's. What the on earth has football come to. 

All to do with the line being taken to shirt sleeves apparently. Well wear short sleeves fellas. 

I won’t make it like that 😂

I couldn’t stand being in the cold for too long surely VAR is against me!

Season is over really and there’s nothing much else to even keep me broadly interested in truth. CL was always the worst hit in the current climate so even if we somehow managed to win that I wouldn’t be that arsed. 

The race for 4th is really anyone’s at the moment isn’t it!

Just wanted to say I hope the offside rule gets changed, office should be any part of the body that you can score with, an arm for offside is ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

Just wanted to say I hope the offside rule gets changed, office should be any part of the body that you can score with, an arm for offside is ridiculous.

I was all for VAR originally and even argued the case on here a couple of years ago but I no longer hold the same feelings. It could work though as I just thought when it comes to offside, it’d just be a quick look with the basic line technology we’ve always had and if it’s not clearly offside then just give it to the attacker. Never thought for one moment it’d be looking for mm’s. The handball thing at the start of the season annoyed me too but that’s not really a var thing. We were getting a shitload of penalties awarded via handball so I changed my FPL team very early on based on that only for them to just change the rule. Just farcical, sometimes things are so good that you don’t need change and I’d now put the football I used to love in that category. Hopefully things will improve and I’ll be back in. 

Edited by Ian
4 hours ago, Rich said:

I don’t see Newcastle in the race though? 👀

IFAB have changed the handball law!

Mario Lemina's handball yesterday as of today would not be a handball.

"Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence."

Handball should now only be awarded when:

• a player deliberately handballs
  • the ball touches the arm/hand when it has made the body "unnaturally bigger"
  • a goal comes directly from a handball or immediately after a handball
9 hours ago, Chelseaplchamps2021 said:

IFAB have changed the handball law!

Mario Lemina's handball yesterday as of today would not be a handball.

"Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence."

Handball should now only be awarded when:

• a player deliberately handballs
  • the ball touches the arm/hand when it has made the body "unnaturally bigger"
  • a goal comes directly from a handball or immediately after a handball

It still leaves plenty of room for VAR and refs on the whole to fuck it up

2 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Nothing better than seeing pointless twatting about at the back punished.

874647261_photo05-02-2021104730pm.thumb.gif.160c2845e2f43b134eb4f6acbca4cd45.gif

Does my head in when teams do this at the back, there’s playing from the back and then there’s being absolute nob heads.

1 minute ago, Albionic said:

You have not exactly looked worse than us, although I think we slightly had the upper hand

Yeah not much in it really, I think the missing three of Wilson, ASM and Almiron are just such a huge miss for us. I’m hoping Gayle comes on second half. 

Just now, Rich said:

Yeah not much in it really, I think the missing three of Wilson, ASM and Almiron are just such a huge miss for us. I’m hoping Gayle comes on second half. 

He will no doubt score

12 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

This match will ends 0-0 for sure. What a boring one 😴

Two of the best teams in the Prem. FACT.

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

Shit game so far. We look too defensive again. 

Why we arnt playing carrol and gayle up top i dont know.

Im guessing they want to use this new formation, but I’m sure Gayle should be used ahead of Joelinton in any formation really. I really wish we didn’t have these injuries.

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Two of the best teams in the Prem. FACT.

Im guessing they want to use this new formation, but I’m sure Gayle should be used ahead of Joelinton in any formation really. I really wish we didn’t have these injuries.

Would of gone murphy and fraser on the wings and bombard the box with crosses. WBA will be hard to break down.

Just now, Woody said:

Would of gone murphy and fraser on the wings and bombard the box with crosses. WBA will be hard to break down.

Yeah I would have rather have gone that way. Hoped we can nick a goal from somewhere🤞🏻

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

Sounds like my way of delivering the ball to Werner 😂

Everyone are talking about Lampard’s pull power, Guardiola’s pull power but they will be left speechless when I bring Mikey Johnston to Newcastle!

Just now, broodje kip said:

Everyone are talking about Lampard’s pull power, Guardiola’s pull power but they will be left speechless when I bring Mikey Johnston to Newcastle!

I'd take Lampard at Newcastle.

2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Mikey to win us the champions league!

1 minute ago, Woody said:

I'd take Lampard at Newcastle.

I don’t think I would but I guess Bruce will have gone 😂