Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 FMH 15 General Discussion

Lee-Roy

The German team names are due to licensing issues: SI don't have the right to use their real names. Heading on fmh was always a combination of the heading and jumping stats from fm so they've just given or a new name that more accurately reflects what the attribute covers.

Why do they have those issues? Great game development team, but cannot do anything with those issues? Again, asking myself, if they coped with those issues in FM PC, what's the problem for FMH...

Highlights now runs very smooth on my sg note 10.1..,

What specs do you have for your Note, mean CPU and RAM mainly?

I wonder if I could run it on my Galaxy Tab 2 (which has 2-core 1000 Mhz CPU and 1Gb RAM)... Guess, it's too weak to run it...

Dual core 1000mhz cpu and 2gb ram.., still having lag issues but very minimal after settings..,

And 2 things more that annoys me as a a Russian FMH player.

1) What for did they make Alania in Russia? This club doesnt exist at all now. It is dead.

2) Don't they really see any difference between Kuban and FK Krasnodar?

FK Krasnodar is playing in League Europe, not Kuban!!!

This is the first year when German teams dont have their original names.

I wonder what other funny things could we see if they introduced Russian league this year! ;)

Seriously, the greatest annoyance - no Russian league at all...

I wonder what other funny things could we see if they introduced Russian league this year! ;)

Seriously, the greatest annoyance - no Russian league at all...

The problem with the country having high piracy. Ruins it for the rest of us.

Backlash - report data issues on SI games :).

It was the same on PC FM with the team names etc so your point isnt valid

Found out that the 'lag' and slowing down on the new match engine is where it is set to key highlights it still does the highlights from extented but on commentary only and at the same speed so being set to key makes it no quicker when infact makes it seem slower as at least you have something to watch when on extended! Have a check play on extended and you wont have those 'in between' moments

Where I say lag and slowing down I mean when the clock goes insanely slowly buy this is where if on extended it would be showing you a highlight

Very interesting. I may have to give that a go since I really can't get on with the enhanced engine as it is. Sadly I don't suppose it will reduce the overall time to play each match, but it might not be quite as dull.

Still some strangeness going on with match reporting...

5C2v1oh.png

Good result, team played well and the narrow victory was not through lack of chances / poor performance. This is what the 2D display suggested, too.

Gy2lL8b.png

Oh wait, was that right?

In fairness, most Tottenham fans would view a 2:1 win over Cliftonville as a pretty disappointing result, even if the team had played well.

Not this one - at least not for a game on FMH! ;-)

Anyone else finding the new match engine incredibly hard to get any kind of consistent results, particularly from their strikers?

I've played through half a season to a season in Germany, Spain and Holland and I'm really struggling - using tactics that should really work, and keep drawing/losing regardless of what I tweak, most annoyingly the computer seems to be able to do this to me using the basic 4-4-2 or 4-4-1 most of the time.

Seems abit odd that the most effective tactics are ones that in the modern real game are more or less dead!

Anyone else finding the new match engine incredibly hard to get any kind of consistent results, particularly from their strikers?

I've played through half a season to a season in Germany, Spain and Holland and I'm really struggling - using tactics that should really work, and keep drawing/losing regardless of what I tweak, most annoyingly the computer seems to be able to do this to me using the basic 4-4-2 or 4-4-1 most of the time.

Seems abit odd that the most effective tactics are ones that in the modern real game are more or less dead!

Yep. Pretty much the only goalscoring I got going is from my lone striker. My INFs are useless. My DMC is consistently getting low scores. There's no tackles, by pretty much anyone, and he doesn't seem very involved in the game. In previous years, those same DMCs with those same tactics would be recovering balls all over and having averages between 8.5 and 9.

I'm loving the new match engine, because the highlights are really cool and you can actually see what's going right or wrong, but I don't get it. I really don't want to have to use those exploitive tactics that would NEVER work in real life.

Also, they haven't improved their tactics selections. I played a game against Real Madrid yesterday, and they were using FIVE MCs. Come on.

yup, same here, played against real madrid and their flat 451 with bale as right back:)

the weird thing is that tactics that worked in fmh2014 and fm2015 (pc version) doesnt work on fmh15 at all. My invincible 4221 gives me many draws and loses and this tactic has been tested in fmh14and I know it should work

5C2v1oh.png

Good result, team played well and the narrow victory was not through lack of chances / poor performance. This is what the 2D display suggested, too.

Gy2lL8b.png

Oh wait, was that right?

Do you have the match/player stats available for this?

yup, same here, played against real madrid and their flat 451 with bale as right back:)

the weird thing is that tactics that worked in fmh2014 and fm2015 (pc version) doesnt work on fmh15 at all. My invincible 4221 gives me many draws and loses and this tactic has been tested in fmh14and I know it should work

There shouldn't be any such thing as a 'super-tactic' any more in FMH, you'll have to spend more time setting up based on the opposition or you'll likely end up suffering from the sorts of issues Arsenal do in real life...

There shouldn't be any such thing as a 'super-tactic' any more in FMH, you'll have to spend more time setting up based on the opposition or you'll likely end up suffering from the sorts of issues Arsenal do in real life...

Is that for both match engines or just enhanced? and how come INF's from AMR/L don't shoot and from AMC they shoot from 25 yards every chance they get?

This would be ideal. There's no tactic that's invincible IRL, but there's tactics that work IRL that don't work on FMH, and there's tactics that dominate in FMH that would NEVER work IRL. That's where I see a problem.

I've only done a full season on FMH 15, but I see that the overbooking of strikers is the way to go. Wingers don't work. DMCs don't do anything.

I don't score much, I hardly ever get scored, and that favors excessively attacking formations that would crumble to pieces IRL.

We shouldn't have to rediscover the game every year. Football is football, you know what I mean?

Yep. Pretty much the only goalscoring I got going is from my lone striker. My INFs are useless. My DMC is consistently getting low scores. There's no tackles, by pretty much anyone, and he doesn't seem very involved in the game. In previous years, those same DMCs with those same tactics would be recovering balls all over and having averages between 8.5 and 9.

I'm loving the new match engine, because the highlights are really cool and you can actually see what's going right or wrong, but I don't get it. I really don't want to have to use those exploitive tactics that would NEVER work in real life.

Also, they haven't improved their tactics selections. I played a game against Real Madrid yesterday, and they were using FIVE MCs. Come on.

Couldn't agree more. I like very much the new engine because of the highlights, but the player performances and stats are completely nonsense... The wingers seem to be in another game, in my last Benfica match I had Gaitan and Salvio in 90 minutes doing a total of 7 pass combined :S (they were both rated 8)...

Sad to say the only option is revert back to the original engine, the highlights are not the best but at least it seems to be way more "realistic"...

5C2v1oh.png

Gy2lL8b.png

Oh wait, was that right?

Do you have the match/player stats available for this?

Sure:

ECJhl1V.jpg

g4wvntU.jpg

kdKiZb2.jpg

xCMmjmT.jpg

Perhaps it is a reference to the clear cut chances?

Got the game today have to say after updating the logos and what not I think it is money well spent, the game in general is very good I haven't played a lot having been busy but from what I have played the length of time it takes to play a game is significantly higher than last year.. just my views

Makes sense, thanks Alari - slightly confused by this though in how that plays in to not chopping and changing your tactics every match so your players can get used to them?

So does the new engine mean that if we move a two or three players into different positions before each game (I.e change the winger to an INF or drop a DLF back in to an AMC position) to reflect the oppositions likely set up then it won't hinder them team like it could do previously?

I'm not fussed by a 'super tactic' as I've always made little tweaks throughout careers or matches depending on the oppo, but it seems extreme now, I'll find a tactic that seems to work for one or two matches and then it becomes useless.

I like new engine but it has a lot of bugs.

My first twelve matches:

jpdg1d.jpg

It looks like good start, but everything is so random, I coudn't do anything against Chievo, Genoa but I scored my record 3 goals and destroyed Bayern playing away...

Just my thoughts:

* There is no difference between deep lying midfielder and advanced playmaker.

* Strikers roles are not working as well, all what they do just stand near halfway line.

* No difference again between attacking and defensive team mentalities.

* Strikers make only 5-10 passes a game while my midfielder did 130 in one game...

Basically from what I experienced tactics are non-existent with new engine which makes game unplayable. Probably, I will go back to original engine even though I like new engine but it still needs a lot of work.

In my opinion there is no problem using the same tactic for a period of time but the problem is the rigged scoring! As I posted yesterday

Strikers results from 24 played games:

Total Shots: 193

Shots on target: 167

Goals: 26

That means with 24 games the opposition keeper made 167 saves from my striker and my striker only managed to beat a keeper 26 times, that's shocking!

The amount of games I've lost and my striker has gone goalless even though he has 6/6 is stupid! I had a game this morning against a "none league team" in Portugal and my striker got 16/14, he scored once! One goal verse a non league AI created keeper?

I know you want the scoring more realistic but one that's not fun and two it's been done the wrong way. If you want to lower scoring you lower the chances created and not the amount of chances taken. As it stands it infuriating as we're having enough chances to win the league within one game but none are hitting the back of the net, whereas if the chances created and shots on target were more realistic but we still scored a decent amount of goals the frustration would go.

If my striker had 5/3 every game and scored at a decent rate I'd be happy, but when I get silly things like 15/14 and score once it's stupid.

Good points Ashez - just checked my Bayern career (made it through the first season) and my main striker has scored 46 goals in 44 games. He had (from what I can work out) 398 shots and 365 on target, and only got 34! Had quite a few ruled it for offside too...

The fact we have chances which the game won't allow us to take just brings frustration, we need a system where the shots on goal to goals is fairer.

The only work around I've found is my 433 as normally at least one of them will take the chances and if not I rotate the three, for example if one is missing a number of chances I'll rotate him with one of the three that isn't finding the space etc.

This game isn't being play tested or it's being tested by the wrong people who are more interested in FM than it's quick to play and fun little brother.

My first impression of the new match engine is good, don't understand all the hate! It makes it challenging but not impossible :) (although I agree with Ashez on the amount of shots by strikers).

Although some things annoy me, like the new interface.

It was the pace of the game that bothered me, anyway I agree about the UI. I wish they'd just be happy with a layout and keep it but my main issue is with the new home tab thingy, it's awkward and to be honest tacky. I'm always tapping it or pressing the wrong thing or losing where something is, the fact the back a page feature has changed is also throwing me off a lot lol. What was wrong with a central hub and a button to get there I'll never know, I wasn't keen on 14s to begin with but I grew to love it (I still thinks it's gloomy though) so hopefully 15's has a chance :D.

It was the pace of the game that bothered me, anyway I agree about the UI. I wish they'd just be happy with a layout and keep it but my main issue is with the new home tab thingy, it's awkward and to be honest tacky. I'm always tapping it or pressing the wrong thing or losing where something is, the fact the back a page feature has changed is also throwing me off a lot lol. What was wrong with a central hub and a button to get there I'll never know, I wasn't keen on 14s to begin with but I grew to love it (I still thinks it's gloomy though) so hopefully 15's has a chance :D.

I agree with the homepage, it'll take some getting used to but I'll hopefully do it eventually. Also, the 1k challenge looks a lot harder this year, maybe less special attempts will work.

I've played 3 seasons and still not used to it lol, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it though :).

From my experiments the strikers are just being too frustrating, however at this time last year I thought the challenge was broken so I'm sure once someone has found a solid formation it'll be achieved ;). I've always felt like they wanted to break such challenges but if they do it'll be a massive blow to the community that supports them and for anyone who says "oh 1000 goals isn't realistic", it's been done in real life so get a grip :P. If you look on Vibe the excitement is in the careers section and the second the game forces you to do the lesser and more boring saves a special part of the community will die out, for me personally I have no interest in taking a club from the bottom division to the top as I've done that hundreds of times since FMH 1.

I currently think it can be achieved from what I have played as the only problem is the strikers seem limited in chances They'll convert, I would blame my formation but if that's creating 6+ shots on target a game that can't be the problem. You could even say the problem is the type of chances being created but if he's getting them all on target something is working.

When I've found my feet and got my first career out the way I'll see what I can come up with, at least my 433 seems to still work so I have a chance at least ;).

I'm also currently testing out a 4-3-3 tactic which is quite consistent then the other tactics that I tried. Just need to get the player roles right and it could probably be used for a 1KC .

I'm holidaying a game until 2030 (at 2027 so far). When I get the time, I'll do a write up on my observations of the new evogen system. If anyone wants to ask any questions on long term saves in general, ask away.