Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 The Second Coming of A Spanish Legend: A 1K Challenge

8OAVQ8g.png

Introduction

Guess who's back with another career! Yes, it's everyone's favourite Canadian (and probably favourite person :P) me! What do I have for all you lovely people this time you ask? Well in case some of y'all can't read, (for if you could, you would already know from the title... :P) I have a 1K challenge for your enjoyment :D That's right, you heard right, a 1K challenge, this will be... (Yoda I am, and what not :P)

tumblr_inline_n4trw1iAWj1qbfqmg.gif

Yes, Yoda, thank you for your wise words.

Anywho, I bet you guys want some more information on this 1K challenge now...ummmmm...where to begin...how about the rather intriguing title? A Spanish Legend? What is this an evogen challenge? Will I be using an evogen? (#scandalous :P)

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, if you've known me for any amount of time on this site you will know that I detest evogens greatly, so no, I will not be using an evogen for this challenge.

Then what the hell does the title mean you ask! Well, that's for me to know and for you to find out. I will give you some clues as to who this player might be though...

Clue No. 1: This player is Spanish (*gasps*)

Surprise, surprise, what a shocker ;)

Clue No. 2: This player plies his trade in Spain (*more gasps*)

So a Spanish player who plies his trade in Spain...who could have guessed right?

Clue No. 3: He made his professional debut in the 2014/15 season

Yeah, that's a bloody useful one eh? XD

Clue No. 4: He loves big butts and he cannot lie... (link)

;)...And finally,

Clue No. 5: He shares a part of his name with a famous cartoon character

Well there you have it folks...some intriguing clues indeed. Who do you guys think I will be using for this 1k challenge? Leave your thoughts in the comments. First person to get it right get's honorary Canadian citizenship! :P

And remember...

giphy.gif

So comment and share your thoughts :D

This is too cheap, how about jese

Jese did not made his professional debut this season.

I'm confused does 2014/2015 season means make his debut in the la liga season or literally his first debut ever?

Can't wait for this!

I have a feeling that's it's Munir.

I can't wait for it too! :D (Oh wait, it's my own career...)

Also, both of you are 

giphy.gif

:( How unfortunate...MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

(Still love you guys though  :wub: )

Jese did not made his professional debut this season.

I'm confused does 2014/2015 season means make his debut in the la liga season or literally his first debut ever?

Just professional debut. Does not have to be in La Liga :)

The player is hiding in clear view :P

Ash happens to know who it is ;)

Maybe Yoda from Getafe?

No, but there's a Yoda in Getafe? Holy moly guacamole, I gotta sign him XD 

@Billy - Not a bad guess but not right unfortunately :(

@Tompasson - It's going to be a great career. Y'all know that even if I fail you're going to be thoroughly entertained :P

@Mike - Nope! But thank you :)

@Nucleus - Not a bad guess tbh, but not right :(

@UK - Ring-a-ding-ding, we have a winner folks!!! The player is indeed Raul De Tomas.

1. He's Spanish

2. He plays for Real Madrid

3. He made his debut in the Copa Del Rey in 14/15

4. Everyone likes big butts :P

5. He shares his surname with everyone's favourite tank engine, Thomas!

Boooom!! Yes!!! I'm more excited I got this than I should be!!

tumblr_mk078gnqoa1r0ftodo1_500.gif

2 year old son = Extensive knowledge of Kids TV

(The use of .gif's is purely MM's fault)

They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight, shunting trucks and hauling freight.

Red and green and brown and blue, they're the really useful crew!

I could continue :(, I shouldn't remember that, Alfie is 11 now :/.

Are you talking about "Thomas El Tren" haha xD This is the real song xD 

Rojo? Cuadrado? I never knew they were in Thomas The Tank Engine over football. :)

Good luck MM96. :)

Boooom!! Yes!!! I'm more excited I got this than I should be!!

tumblr_mk078gnqoa1r0ftodo1_500.gif

2 year old son = Extensive knowledge of Kids TV

(The use of .gif's is purely MM's fault)

Haha, the gif is lovely :D

Actually I used to watch it along with Bob the Builder and Noddy and other cartoons. And Thomas was the cheeky one :P

Omg, Bob the Builder. One of my favorite shows ever :D ("Can he fix it? / "Yes he can!")

There's two, there's four, there's six, there's eight, scoring goals and causing hate

Red and green and brown and blue, he'll score a goal past you.

All with different roles to play,

He scores at home and away.

Down he goes the free kick bends,

Tomas and his friends.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Dj_gFE5ek

OMG, this is brilliant. Just brilliant mate :D Now all that's missing is an audio clip of you singing it ;)

I would say good luck, but I'm not that nice, so...hopefully I enjoy it!

I believe that you really are nice on the inside DB. You're just like Michael from the American version of "the Office" that's all :P

Choose whether you want to complete this or win the challenge cup because you won't do both :D

WOAH RUDE. Just watch me do both :P

Are you talking about "Thomas El Tren" haha xD This is the real song xD 

Omg, there's a Spanish version haha XD

@FMHaberdeen: Cheers mate :D

Just going to leave this here: 

giphy.gif

I would say good luck, but I'm not that nice, so...hopefully I enjoy it!

I believe that you really are nice on the inside DB. You're just like Michael from the American version of "the Office" that's all :P

Not sure if you know my first name or you're a psychic...and I've only ever seen the British version. But I am nice, I just... choose who to be nice to carefully. And being Canadian, I assume you're too nice and are threatening me. I'm jealous of your niceness :P.

8OAVQ8g.png

The Brief

Soooooooooo, it seems that we are about to being our wonderful journey together into the belly of the beast, in an attempt to vanquish the 1k challenge dragon. However, there are some things you must know about this save before we proceed any further. Firstly, I discovered De Tomas at the start of the second season of my H2H with Ashez. There he was in the reserves and he seemed like he would become an amazing player. So I thought that I'd play a test save with him. You know, take him around for a spin ;) However, being the lazy sod that I am, I decided to just create a second save off of the H2H, resign as manager of Real Madrid and take the job at the next big club that I could get one. I didn't know then that this "test save" would become a full blown career. 

So there I was, jobless at the start of 2015/16, waiting patiently for a position to open up at a big club. And so I waited and waited, and waited, and waited (until my hair began to grey), till finally, on the last week of August, Chelsea offered me the position of manager. Now, I will have all of you know that under normal circumstances, I would never have taken a job at Chelsea (I'm sure you all know why :P) but I was desperate and so I went ahead and signed on with Abramovich and his billions. 

My first bit of business was of course to go out and capture De Tomas from Real Madrid ASAP. However, even with my excellent negotiation skills and obvious urgency, I wasn't able to iron out a deal for him until September the 4th, which of course meant that De Tomas would not be joining the squad until the January transfer window. 

So there went another half-season down the drain and it would seem that De Tomas would already be 21 before he really got a chance to get cracking on this challenge. Oh well, c'est la vie. Anyways, I was not about to play half a season aimlessly as manager of Chelsea, so I left the reins to my assistant and holidayed till January where the challenge would begin for real. And here folks is where we begin our story. Strap yourselves in for the long haul, this is going to be a hell of a ride ;)

Season 0.5

Transfer Report

When I returned from my holiday in January, I was pleased to find young De Tomas already in London and acclimatised to the food, weather and people (somewhat, he still couldn't understand a word out of John Terry's mouth). My first order of business was to appraise the squad's strengths and weaknesses and figure out where it needed improvement. The first thing that caught my eye was that Chelsea had bought Cristiano Ronaldo, that's when I remembered, that because this was a spin-off save from my H2H, that it had been I that had actually sold him to Chelsea. What a coincidence that we would be reunited!

cristiano-ronaldo-653-be-calm-and-quiet-

Calm down MM, no need to get so excited now...just relax...

After my excitement at finding out that CR7 was in the squad, I looked through the other signings made by the past managers. Most were poor and shoddy, but there was one in particular that I quite liked. It seemed that my assistant (or perhaps Mourinho before he was sacked) had signed Kevin Strootman! I was very pleased with this development as I could see Strootman becoming a very important player for us in the future. 

Kevin+Strootman+Netherlands+v+Andorra+FI

The lad kinda looks like he'd fall over if there were a breeze...

Anyways, after thoroughly running through the rest of the squad and getting rid of some dead weight, I decided that no transfers would be necessary (god I'm so lazy XD) and that we would push through the remaining half a season with the squad already at my disposal. 

The Season

I won't bore you with all the details of my first half a season as we had already been knocked out of the Capital One Cup, and Champions League by the time I had returned from holiday. In similar fashion, we were also about 20 points adrift of Manchester United at the top of the table. In the end we also ended up tumbling out of the FA Cup and though we tried mightily we only finished second in the league. Not a bad season, but I was hoping that with a larger overhaul, next season would be swathes superior.

Player Performance

How did De Tomas do? Let's find out.

SyjPePl.jpg?1

Not too bad of a start, more than a goal a game! And in England too, however, it's a rather small sample size to base anything on. More will be known after his performances next season. Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot of his attributes, but here is one from the next season:

2ImgRzI.jpg

Counter

Games: 18

Goals: 21

Comments

Anyways, that's all for this first update. What did you think of my start to this challenge? Does it look doable? How about De Tomas? What are your thoughts on him? Do leave a comment, good, bad, or ugly :)

And remember...

giphy.gif

:P

Season 0.5 :D love it! Over a goal per game is nice but 21 goals in season is not ;) I believe next season(1.5?)is going to be massive! Good luck!

Haha, glad you liked it :D 21 isn't the best, but it's alright. Hoping he can keep up the form going into the next season though :D