Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2018 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

:O I genuinely thought I'd hit the highest score this time around. Some phenomenal scores this week!

Good luck to those at the bottom for this crunch week. There's been some top performances from every one.

Apologies for not being able to continue with this. Can't even set my mind to squeezing out half a season atm. With the prep time it requires it's time I haven't got. 

Sorry. Goodluck without me :O

Amazed no-one went to the lower leagues, I think that would have been my destination. 

Some cracking performances here though

Ok guys with @BatiGoal having to drop out this is how it affects the league. I think it's the fairest way to deal with it.

Him dropping out is classing as him being eliminated taking up the bottom spot. So the good news for the guys down the bottom is that only one of you will be getting eliminated instead of two.

As @FuddledFox was the lucky man due to face BG he will be given a 3-0 forfeit victory without having to play the challenge. I did consider scrapping all of BG'S results but that would have been unfair on all those who have got any points against him.

Other than that we continue as normal. The challenge will be posted tomorrow and the new table (only difference being BG eliminated) will be posted before then.

Reminder of the week 5 fixtures. Whoever wins the @Acidsparxx @Titjes game will be safe. Loser has a big chance of being eliminated.

Prem Wk5 Fix.png

Obviously I'm happy to take the win this week but I'm genuinely gutted that @BatiGoal had to pull out of the league as I would have loved to have taken him on this week. Win or lose its all about testing ourselves against each other and having fun in the process and I would have loved to gone h2h against our no1. 

OH BALLS, really, I have to face Prize, well I'm screwed, shame about BG, but if he's pulled out you know he's got to be manic, the guy loves Vibe and wouldn't leave without good reason.

Well look forward to seeing what Sam has in store next

1 hour ago, Taff said:

OH BALLS, really, I have to face Prize, well I'm screwed, shame about BG, but if he's pulled out you know he's got to be manic, the guy loves Vibe and wouldn't leave without good reason.

Well look forward to seeing what Sam has in store next

Worries @Taff? :P 

Week 5 - Challenge

From Bottom To... Where?!

Here we are with the week 5 challenge! Sadly we've lost vibe's number 1 and to add to that this challenge will be the last for one other manager in this competition. One thing to keep in mind when it comes to the results is that there's only 4 fixtures taking place each week from now on in so instead of 4 goals being the most you can score it's now been reduced to 3.

334B930C00000578-3545718-image-a-72_1460

This is probably the most complex challenge so far so hopefully you all enjoy it and please make sure to read all the rules. A lot of credit goes to @Ashez as he pitched a concept that inspired me to create this. I've heard a rumour that vibe could be hearing more about this concept soon :O

The Challenge

The first thing you'll have to do in this challenge is make a decision. Which team do you want to manage? Not any team though, the team you choose to manage must be bottom of their division in real life at the time of you choosing the team. You can load as many leagues as you want or just the one if you choose. Now starts part one of this challenge!

After you've chosen your team, you must demote the strongest player in each position, as taken from the coach report screen. These players can not be used in the challenge and you can't make any signings either.

You then play 15 league games with your team. However many of these games you win, will be the amount of games you are allowed to play in the second part of the challenge.

After these 15 games have been played you must resign immediately. Time for the second part. You must now take a new job on the same save, and play the amount of league games you won in the first part of the challenge at your new club. This new club can be any club that offers you a job but it must all be completed by the end of the first season - otherwise 0. Once again you must demote the strongest player in each position before starting.

Amount of league points won at both clubs.

Clarifications

• As not everyone will have updated please make sure you use the original database when setting up your save.
  • Any reputation/coaching badges allowed - you can choose any offer you get in the second part.
  • The team you start with in the first part must be bottom of their division in real life to gain points in the first part.
  • No transfers in at either club.
  • Example - You pick West Brom and win 10 of your 15 league games in charge. Then you resign and take the job at Crewe Alexandra - you play 10 league games as Crewe.

You'll be playing a minimum of 15 games and a maximum of 30 so I think a Friday deadline is fair again.

Good luck!

Deadline - Friday 16th March 5PM GMT

Rules and screenshots required

Spoiler
  • Enhanced match engine only
  • Own tactics only
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software
  • SI approved databases only
  • No holidaying or reloading
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required
  • Failure to meet the deadline will equal 0 points - no extensions
  • If you fall under any suspicion you will be asked to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do so will result in immediate ejection from the competition.
  • And the most important rule - have fun :)

Screenshots Required

• 3 players you've demoted player history screens from both clubs
  • Transfer history screen from both clubs
  • Manager profile
  • League table after 15 games from first club
  • Job offer from new club
  • League table on the day you get the new job and after you've completed your set amount of games

22 minutes ago, kts365 said:

So we have to demote the strongest in each position. 3 screenshots so i am guessing outfield positions? Defender, mid, striker?

Yep strongest defender, midfielder and attacker. Star rating taken from the coach report screen.

Sounds like a good challenge mate. I'm a bit confused with the coach report bit though - where is that exactly? I can see the team report bit but not the three strongest in each position...

56 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Anyways, cracking challenge @samhardy and @Ashez

I hate yhe new update and wish i hadnt done it, but there is a shining light at the end of the tunnel....i didnt update my tablet version!!! ? 

So its game on...by the way the challenge is superb, cant wait to get started.

Well done @samhardy

4 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

Sounds like a good challenge mate. I'm a bit confused with the coach report bit though - where is that exactly? I can see the team report bit but not the three strongest in each position...

You can get that from the "squad depth" section of the team report screen. Strongest defender, midfielder and forward (star rating). Alternatively you could just change the squad view. If there's two with the same star rating then it's your choice.

Sorry, my fault as I thought the screen where the assistant highlighted your best defender midfielder and forward was still there :P

Just now, Titjes said:

Should we use old database or winterupdate?

It doesn't matter whether you've got the newest update or not, but everyone must use the original database, not the February one, when setting up the save.

9 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Sorry, my fault as I thought the screen where the assistant highlighted your best defender midfielder and forward was still there :P

No worries man! I thought that's what you meant. Great stuff