Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News Football Manager 2019 Mobile Feature List Revealed

samhardy

2 minutes ago, veerus said:

I don't disagree that there could always be more depth in the tactics. That's the best part of the game!

But SI has always said that they want FMM to be approachable to the casual players. All I'm saying is that you are asking for FM/FM Touch levels of precision and depth and that's just not the game they're trying to make. 

Everything I've mentioned was in FMH tbf. 

I know they have to balance that which is why I've asked for editable pre sets and not a FMH style approach. I'm sure there is a way to have depth and keeping it casual yet at the same time I feel FMM should be used to educate. In many ways FMM should be inspiring the next generation of managers so dumbing it down is counter productive, it's also obviously FMM could be a gateway to FM/T and I can't imagine that's an easy jump considering how simple FMM is. 

5 hours ago, veerus said:

Is it so different in the real world? Unless your name is Pep, you're probably using one of three or four common setups. 

And unless your name is Nuno then you'd stick with the same players... 

"New Transfer Negotiations - Negotiate with clubs and players in real time for a more dynamic transfer experience" 

What about bidding wars? 

Edited by sharaziuk
37 minutes ago, sharaziuk said:

"New Transfer Negotiations - Negotiate with clubs and players in real time for a more dynamic transfer experience" 

What about bidding wars? 

Good question

10 hours ago, veerus said:

Is it so different in the real world? Unless your name is Pep, you're probably using one of three or four common setups. 

I mean, you can look at every manager's tactic you face, & most of them are the same & have similar tendency. When you're facing Klopp, it's not like he would have more intense pressing than other managers. Guardiola's tactic does not have the usual obsession with possession. & many of them really like to play defensively. So I think it's quite different. In real word, managers may use seemingly same formation or tactic, but there's nuance to them. In FMM, there's lack of it.

6 hours ago, veerus said:

But SI has always said that they want FMM to be approachable to the casual players. All I'm saying is that you are asking for FM/FM Touch levels of precision and depth and that's just not the game they're trying to make. 

I have to disagree with that. More features still can mean approachable. It's all about how they're presented. So, for every new in-depth feature, there needs to be an option to delegate/automate the task or simpler way to do it. Example, Civ 5 & its worker mechanic, you can be hands on with it & decide which area to be upgraded or you can automate it.

Even with the newly introduced squad numbers has the same philoshophy. You can handpick each number for each player, or you can simply automate it. Even with the mainline FM, you can make a custom role for every player, or you simply pick the presets.

7 hours ago, sharaziuk said:

What about bidding wars? 

If you look at the screenshot there’s an “interested clubs” tab.

081CCDD0-53B5-4A9A-BC70-E0F23FC555D0.thumb.jpeg.47c4442201a3b8188e91e233216eb889.jpeg

My guess is that once your initial offer is made, then any interested clubs will put forward their offer, but just because they’re interested it doesn’t mean they’re willing to make an offer either! 😛

The Transfer Features is probably the best thing they’ve added to be honest. 

49 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

WHY IS IT NOT FRIDAY ALREADY?!???

Only 6 hours until it's Friday here! Though I'm assuming we have to wait until it's Friday over there....

9 hours ago, sharaziuk said:

What about bidding wars? 

The bidding wars are probably the worst thing about the current transfer system. Teams would go way beyond their regular and realistic spending just to try and outbid you on every player you went for.  Not to mention the days and days wasted while the offers went back and forth.. Plus for me it never happened the other way round. Bidding wars for my players hardly escalated the price at all.

Edited by Snip
2 hours ago, Snip said:

The bidding wars are probably the worst thing about the current transfer system. Teams would go way beyond their regular and realistic spending just to try and outbid you on every player you went for.  Not to mention the days and days wasted while the offers went back and forth.. Plus for me it never happened the other way round. Bidding wars for my players hardly escalated the price at all.

This is so true. I just hope it's fixed in FMM19

Who's staying up till midnight to download and have a quick test? By quick test i mean will still be playing it at 3am... I most definitely am! Got to be up at 7am as well but hey ho...

Edited by DutchTony
12 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Who's staying up till midnight to download and have a quick test. By quick test i mean will still be playing it at 3am... I most definitely am! Got to be up at 7am as well but hey ho...

how long do you think its left till its available?

2 minutes ago, Modestas said:

how long do you think its left till its available?

They're pressing the live button at 0.01 tonight. 

42 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Who's staying up till midnight to download and have a quick test. By quick test i mean will still be playing it at 3am... I most definitely am! Got to be up at 7am as well but hey ho...

Have a night shift tonight from 10 until 7 so probably be one of the first to download and play... I mean I won't be able to download and play because of work... 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, sharaziuk said:

Have a night shift tonight from 10 until 7 so probably be one of the first to download and play... I mean I won't be able to download and play because of work... 

Hide contents

giphy.gif

You mean you won't be able to work because of FMM19 ? Lol

1 hour ago, sharaziuk said:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

I checked around this time and it wasn't live, only a few minutes more than I could've got it then... 

Downloading faces and badges

7 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

I don't understand what the training progress bar represents. Also the 'retrain position' tab is gone...

You retrain players from the training screen now. Where it’s says their position under the focus position tab, for example DC, tap that and it’ll bring up a pitch view which you can then select his new position 

as for the training progress bar, green bar means how far away he is front developing his next set of attributes whilst a yellow bar means that player has peaked I believe, but if you were to improve facilities/coaches etc he could improve further

3 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

You retrain players from the training screen now. Where it’s says their position under the focus position tab, for example DC, tap that and it’ll bring up a pitch view which you can then select his new position 

Wow I would have never pressed the position tab and therefore wouldn't have figured it out 😁

Cheers mate.

Hi,

I'm playing fmm for some time now I have and a PC version, last year no matter how hard for me as a football and a fmm passionate fan I was I decided that I'll skip buying 2018 mobile version. 

My question is it worth buying this version? and did I miss soo much with not having 2018 copy of game? 

8 minutes ago, TheBulldog said:

Hi,

I'm playing fmm for some time now I have and a PC version, last year no matter how hard for me as a football and a fmm passionate fan I was I decided that I'll skip buying 2018 mobile version. 

My question is it worth buying this version? and did I miss soo much with not having 2018 copy of game? 

I'm biased but if the last you had is the 2017 version I think the game has come a long way since then.