Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Winter Update

18 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

It'd be more helpful if that poll included an option for after the last hot-fix ...

I would think the majority will be on the latest hot fix. If someone downloaded original winter update and then hated it you’d expect they’d be checking regularly for a new update especially when we learnt quite quickly there was going to be one and then another one.

22 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

It'd be more helpful if that poll included an option for after the last hot-fix ...

Everyone has had over a week with the hotfix so anyone who is voting that they preferred conditioning in the pre winter update version are clearly not happy with the game as it stands now.

@Woody @Snip I can go back to 10.1.3 because I'm on Android and I used an app called Android Assistant to back up that version before I updated to the Winter update. That lets me restore it. But unless you've got that backup first, there's no way to go back. 🙁

I think I'm likely to stay on 10.1.3 until 2020 and hope they make it a little less aggressive. Part of me wants to be on the latest version, especially if doing a challenge (instead of using an "easier version"), but I only just got back into FMM and I just don't enjoy the current version and I think this is going to kill my passion for it again. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Attempts to discrediting the poll and votes 😂, maybe if all the SIgh staff vote that side will win. 

SIgh staff 😂😂😂 that tickled me mate 

26 minutes ago, Scratch said:

@Woody @Snip I can go back to 10.1.3 because I'm on Android and I used an app called Android Assistant to back up that version before I updated to the Winter update. That lets me restore it. But unless you've got that backup first, there's no way to go back. 🙁

I think I'm likely to stay on 10.1.3 until 2020 and hope they make it a little less aggressive. Part of me wants to be on the latest version, especially if doing a challenge (instead of using an "easier version"), but I only just got back into FMM and I just don't enjoy the current version and I think this is going to kill my passion for it again. 

Im on the droid to bud, but i never back up games. Not something i have ever taken the time to do really.

Good thinking on your part that. 😉

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Im on the droid to bud, but i never back up games. Not something i have ever taken the time to do really.

Good thinking on your part that. 😉

Been burnt before mate. And could see this one coming from the reaction here. 🙂

17 hours ago, Foxy said:

Poll is live and will be until 8pm UK time Sunday.

Just going to say the weird reason i voted pre-update (when i really have no problem with post), i currently (out of random tradition since i discovered MyClub) have a Legends AFC which the best players were mixed into one team at the age of 16-24. The problem is that i have taken note that youngsters tire more than older players which pisses me off when i start a line up with about 4-7 players on red condition.

Conor Coady has played 2,880 minutes for Woles in the premiership this season in 31 appearances. That’s an average of 92 minutes per match. There’s a few other center halves quite high up the minutes list too, Azpiliqueta, Nathan Ake and so on. There’s a couple of strikers on there too, Mitrovic being one, Raul Jimenez being another. Salah has played an average of 85 minutes per match, every match along with countless cup competitions in a very intense Liverpool tactical system, Andrew Robertson is another one. 

So is this conditioning update really that realistic after all? I’d argue that the original update was more realistic myself

All stats were taken from here - https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/mins_played 

I’d recommend for anyone to have a look themselves as there’s more than just the players I’ve mentioned :) 

19 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Conor Coady has played 2,880 minutes for Woles in the premiership this season in 31 appearances. That’s an average of 92 minutes per match. There’s a few other center halves quite high up the minutes list too, Azpiliqueta, Nathan Ake and so on. There’s a couple of strikers on there too, Mitrovic being one, Raul Jimenez being another. Salah has played an average of 85 minutes per match, every match along with countless cup competitions in a very intense Liverpool tactical system, Andrew Robertson is another one. 

So is this conditioning update really that realistic after all? I’d argue that the original update was more realistic myself

All stats were taken from here - https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/mins_played 

I’d recommend for anyone to have a look themselves as there’s more than just the players I’ve mentioned :) 

Don't fight realism with realism! That's not fair! 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Don't fight realism with realism! That's not fair! 

To fight realism you must become realism.  Reginald.D Hunter.

Can't play this game anymore. I know lot of you all wanted this "more realistic" update but seriously is has killed my mood to play this game. Everything is going worse for me now since the update, tactics are not working anymore even tho i have bought certain players for the formations. The fitness update was one the main thing i agree it was needed to be updated , but seriously it maked the other thing worse for me. If before i was enjoying this game getting from school to play the game , not it is just a waste of space like i have wasted money on garbage. 

This is what i think about the game after the update. 

Interesting results in the poll there @Foxy and I’m surprised it’s that close tbh.

For me FMM19 will always be known in my mind as the year they sucked all the fun out of the game. Firstly with its new player development which I find beyond dull and now with this condition update making it even less fun. I understand the need/desire to add more of a challenge and more realism but I honestly don’t feel these 2 things are more realistic ....they are literally just downgrades and all the while AI managers still haven’t got a scooby doo what they are doing. 

I know I’m not adding anything new to this topic but having played FMM19 for the a couple of hours today it’s just made me frustrated. It’s unplayable ...not literally ofc but in terms of fun and enjoyment for me. 

Yeah, even though I've been advocating for the new update not being so bad I still voted for pre update fitness. It wasn't a easy choice, but given how un-fun the game had become I had to do it. 

Edited by RPA123456

So roughly 2 to 1 in favour of pre winter update. I also didn't think it would be as close as that...

Edited by DutchTony
2 hours ago, DutchTony said:

So roughly 2 to 1 in favour of pre winter update. I also didn't think it would be as close as that...

Then this would prove the rhetoric that everyone hates the new update wrong. 

If it was 99% to 1% it would still prove that so not sure what you are getting at saying that.

What it does prove though is the majority of its hardcore fans don’t like the update.

29 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

If it was 99% to 1% it would still prove that so not sure what you are getting at saying that.

What it does prove though is the majority of its hardcore fans don’t like the update.

Key word I used was everyone. Before the poll it seemed like it was, the people who liked the new update were outnumbered 1 to 10. 

And I agree that the majority(myself included) prefer the old version, but it is not that much of a huge gap. 

After thinking about this more, it seems to me that such a big change should probably have been made in a full version, not in a mid version update? I might have been more patient with it if it had been FMM20 rather than a change to FMM19. That said, I'd likely end up in the same place of not liking it much. 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

After thinking about this more, it seems to me that such a big change should probably have been made in a full version, not in a mid version update? I might have been more patient with it if it had been FMM20 rather than a change to FMM19. That said, I'd likely end up in the same place of not liking it much. 

That’s exactly what should have happened. If it was in a new version it would have been slightly forgiven and people would more than likely have got on with it. To issue it as a test (which is clearly what it is) mid game is an absolute joke on SI’s part to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

That’s exactly what should have happened. If it was in a new version it would have been slightly forgiven and people would more than likely have got on with it. To issue it as a test (which is clearly what it is) mid game is an absolute joke on SI’s part to be honest. 

It makes sense though, make a risky change while the money is in the bank, it's shady as all hell but look at the response to this update.

The app stores reviews bombed, Vibe turned into a war ground, we have a 18 page thread discussing how bad it is next to a stupidly long bug thread, the community is divided, the original patch has been confirmed as OTT and iffy which resulted in a rush job to fix it. 

Imagine all this grief at launch of 2020? It wouldn't be far off disastrous for SI. 

My biggest issues is the lack of respect sneaking this update out shows tbh. 

As for the results it's pretty much what I expected, while talking to Foxy I said I'd expect 70-75% one way or the other so 65 odd percent is fair enough. It's still two thirds of the community unhappy with the direction of the game but even if this was 100-3 I never expected SI to listen. The fact the poll was immediately discredited said it all.

The biggest worry is how only 100 odd people care enough about the series to actually have an opinion. 

I still don't understand the hate for it. I'm playing a great save in the MLS and one of the reasons I'm enjoying it so much is because of the conditioning update.

14 hours ago, LenTheWelsh said:

...while AI managers still haven’t got a scooby doo what they are doing. 

I still find FMM19 very enjoyable but you are absolutely right to point this out. For all my defence of player conditioning, AI intelligence in FMM has to be improved and this is probably the biggest priority imho.

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

It makes sense though, make a risky change while the money is in the bank, it's shady as all hell but look at the response to this update.

My biggest issues is the lack of respect sneaking this update out shows tbh. 

I say this with respect but I think this is an overreaction. As far as I can ascertain, SI were simply responding to user feedback on how the majority of players were 100% fit all of the time (and btw I wasn't the one that started this on the official SI forums). I'm guessing that if SI receives feedback on one area of the game where they then agree it is an issue, they will roll out an update to fix it. I don't think there is anything disrespectful or untoward about doing this. It just happened to be an update on one area of the game that has divided opinion.

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

The biggest worry is how only 100 odd people care enough about the series to actually have an opinion. 

I think people were either unaware of the poll or it wasn't a big enough issue for them to care about.

Btw, the result of the poll was is about what I expected. I thought it would be around 60/40 in favour of the pre-winter update. 

Cant stand the update nor the hotfix's. They butter over cracks that need way more than butter!!

Im still over rotating my squad its ridiculous! I cant see how anyone thinks this is realistic...its not!!!

I didnt touch the game for nearly 2 weeks and after playing for less  than an hr last night i will probably not bother for another while too. Pah!

9 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

say this with respect but I think this is an overreaction. As far as I can ascertain, SI were simply responding to user feedback on how the majority of players were 100% fit all of the time (and btw I wasn't the one that started this on the official SI forums). I'm guessing that if SI receives feedback on one area of the game where they then agree it is an issue, they will roll out an update to fix it. I don't think there is anything disrespectful or untoward about doing this. It just happened to be an update on one area of the game that has divided opinion.

Even you'd say the original patch was a mess right? The original release which potentially ruined thousands of saves which takes hours of investment. Even the developer has said the original release was iffy, so how is that acceptable? Because they panicked to tone it down after the backlash? That update should never have left SI Towers. 

Personally it's no different to releasing a brand new engine in a patch as it's a complete game changer and the response shows that. 2/3's of people are now unhappy with the game, sure the sample size is small but that's 60 odd people who paid good money for this game and invested hours into it for it to completely change over night without warning? Don't get me wrong I'm sure the fine print covers their ass here but I don't think it's acceptable. 

I back @Scratch's point 100% that for 2020 it might have been swallowed as that's a clean slate and not mid gen. 

18 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I'm guessing that if SI receives feedback on one area of the game where they then agree it is an issue, they will roll out an update to fix it

What about the bug thread thats one million pages long with bugs that have been known for years still being an issue that will be in 2020, or all the bugs this update has brought with it, or all the other areas the game needs attention. 

You're happy I get that but it's shady imo. Especially when imo the focus is on the wrong place, why not fix all the bugs to give us a better experience instead of adding more? 

Also I'd hazard a guess they knew this response was coming due to the stamina bug incident....Maybe that was their first attempt at this type of change? Especially As they were adamant for months the bug didn't exist even with boat loads of evidence proving it did. 

23 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

think people were either unaware of the poll or it wasn't a big enough issue for them to care about.

We promoted it everywhere we could, it was repeatedly bumped, it's on the front page, it was all over social media so that's not the issue. The issue is we're a niche and the game base is mainly casual players who don't care enough. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Even you'd say the original patch was a mess right? The original release which potentially ruined thousands of saves which takes hours of investment. Even the developer has said the original release was iffy, so how is that acceptable? Because they panicked to tone it down after the backlash? That update should never have left SI Towers. 

I was a fan of the original winter update. I even complained to SI that they toned it down too much with subsequent tweaks. In hindsight, and having read the many differing opinions on this, I concede conditioning needed to be relaxed a little from the original update but I would still be a fan of it were it still in place.

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

What about the bug thread thats one million pages long with bugs that have been known for years still being an issue that will be in 2020, or all the bugs this update has brought with it, or all the other areas the game needs attention. 

You're happy I get that but it's shady imo. Especially when imo the focus is on the wrong place, why not fix all the bugs to give us a better experience instead of adding more? 

I agree that there are other bugs that are equally (or more) important but I know SI are a small team and have limited resources. I recall the conditioning issue being raised in FMM18 (and possibly FMM17) so maybe that had something to do with their decision making. 

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

We promoted it everywhere we could, it was repeatedly bumped, it's on the front page, it was all over social media so that's not the issue. The issue is we're a niche and the game base is mainly casual players who don't care enough. 

I know. I know it was promoted as much as it could be but Vibe's impact is limited on something like this - especially when you compare the number of active Vibe members with the amount of people who actually downloaded FMM. but you're probably right, the game base is predominantly made up of casual players.

I was surprised by the low turnout for the poll but I haven’t been active here for that long. I guess most people that have been active for years will have expected that kind of turnout but I thought it would be hundreds of votes but I’ve came to the conclusion that the vast majority of visitors to vibe are looking for one thing and one thing only - Tactics.

Sample size doesn’t change anything for me though as it shows what the more hardcore vibe fans think. I know there were a few who were neutral so didn’t vote like @Mr Tree and I suppose there may be a load of people like that so it’s all fine with me.