Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

All new people to play against for me, looking forwards to it until I see the challenges and then stress out playing them.

30 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

signed a deal worth £2 billion with Sky Sports for all matches to be televised for the rest of the competition. What this means is that prize money for the event has now gone from £0 to £0 as we are keeping the lot for ourselves.

No doubt Mental Micky was pivotal in making the deal happen which basically means you two won’t see any of the money.

33 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

@Ian we met again in W9, make sure you keep it consistent as our last match 😂

Ooo, and also vs @Kaneganagain, pay back time... Hopefully 😁

Oh yes, that was my first sacking of the tournament and with just one game to go. Hopefully this weeks sacking is the end of that malarkey 😂

550556551_photo17-02-2020174807.thumb.jpg.8482a6c2571c2fb508f9993dfb20c7b1.jpg 

Welcome to this weeks preview and we have an extra treat as well as myself and Sam have predicted how we think the league section will finish and who the ultimate winner will be.

After a couple of weeks of wrangling I am delighted that after Mental Micky cracked a few skulls all the odds will be coming from FoxBet as we got our license back.

This is the situation in the table as we enter the second phase of the league stage. 

17294114_LeagueTablewk5.thumb.png.0dcd5dabd7bfa4e79955fe4bd9db9d03.png

We will start with Sam and mines predictions.

Sam Hardy’s Predictions

This is so difficult to predict with how tight the table is after the first 5 weeks. I think Rich and Smog will be too consistent for the rest of the field in the last 4 weeks and they will both qualify comfortably but after that it could be any of the remaining 6 who take 3rd and 4th spot.

Anybody who has followed Woody’s vibe career will know that he always finds a way to miss out on the VPL playoffs despite getting himself in good positions and I can see that heartbreak continuing opening the door for one of the chasing pack to enter the top 4. And I think the man to take advantage of that will be Ian who has never failed to qualify for the playoffs in the VPL before and he is showing signs despite last week’s sacking of coming into form at the right time.

I also think Villa will be very close but has a tough run in and Broodje is still unbeaten for a reason and that is because he is very hard to beat and that will see him over the line in 4th. Kane can’t be written off either but he has been very hit and miss so far this season and will have to address that if he is going to progress. It will be a tough ask for George from this position but you never know.

In the playoffs I am going for Ian to defeat Broodje in the Q/F before losing to Smog in the semi, and I tipped Smog to go all the way at the start so I’m sticking with that one and am predicting him to beat Rich in a very close final.

FuddledFox Predictions

Looking at the table I am certain that @George Traistă needs a miracle now to make the playoffs and although miracles do happen I can’t see this being one of those occasions. I am also confident that @Rich is going to continue his good form and take top place in the league section and qualify automatically for the final.

Below that the battle for the final three playoff places are looking very tight with 6 people going for those spots. I have been impressed with the Malaysian Menace @broodje kip so far and I think he will secure 2nd place in the league and a semi final berth. I also don’t see @smoggy90 and @Woody dropping out of the play odd picture either with Smog coming 3rd and Woody 4th meaning they will face off in the quarter final. That means @Ian, @Kanegan and @JamesVilla will miss out in my opinion and I think that is simply due to a lack of consistency from Kane and James. I think @Ian will push @Woody all the way with the Potteries Pecker only securing his playoff place on the last week as Ian has drawn too many games so far and I see that continuing.

In the play offs I can see @smoggy90 overcoming @Woody to book a place against @broodje kip. The semi will be close run and go to a tiebreak that the Parmo Army will come out on top setting up a @smoggy90 v @Rich final.

Again it will be close in the final and Smog has the experience of last years VPL final but I think it will be the Carmarthen Cowboy that will come out on top to take the VPL 2021 title.

predictions.thumb.png.4ddf5abd40ce3b5ad612c6a6fc507284.png

With that in mind let’s take a look at this weeks fixtures.

389168289_fixtureswk6.thumb.png.5dab521163745e85e66f5059507ff0a7.png

JamesVilla v Ian

Both these lads need a win this week as time runs out to mount a playoff bid. Personally I think if we see a winner here the loser is going to be struggling to make the playoffs at all. Ian goes in as favourite but I can see a draw which will do neither any favours.

JamesVilla win: 6/4  v

Ian win: 8/15

George v Woody

This week is last chance saloon for George and he absolutely needs a positive result here to boost his confidence and also his league position. Woody has been putting his event experience to good use so far though and I think he will again take his time over the challenge and get the win over his more eager opponent.

George: 7/4

Woody: 4/9

Smoggy90 v Broodje Kip

This is the tie of the week as two of the overall favourites for the event come head to head. Often these kinds of games can be very cagey with neither side wanting to give an inch and I think this could be the same. The bookies make Smoggy favourite be of his experience but a draw might be a good shout for your Acca’s but definitely Broodje can’t be discounted either.

Smog: 8/15 

Broodje: 6/4

Kanegan v Rich

Rich goes into this game as string favourite to continue his good form and consign Kane to another defeat which will dent his playoff bid. That said Kane has two wins under his belt so far and he certainly has the ability to get a win if he can get to grips with this weeks challenge.

Kane: 2/1

Rich: 2/5

The challenge will be released tomorrow so good luck to everyone this week.

Is good that nobody gives me a chance, and I only had one bad week 😡 For me is "mission accomplished" already as I wasn't eliminated so anything that I will get from these 4 weeks is a bonus. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

So in what round do I roll in? 

welcome back!

great write-up Foxy - impossible to predict really, a high-quality group of players!

Fun read so far, well done hosts and participants 👏 I would've done a much better job no doubt but applause nonetheless 😁 jokes aside... my money.. 

JamesVilla v Ian 

Villa lad to crush Captain Underpants - who beat me in a final I vaguely recall, or was it a bad dream?... - £30

George v Woody

Blood-thirsty draculian G to drown in his own blood. The Woodster for the winster - £25

Smoggy90 v Broodje Kip

Never heard of either men. Sounds like sandwich picks that never made it onto the menu at Subway's. Chicken to be smoked by Smokey90 - £90

Kanegan v Rich

Yikes, I should've extended my break with another year, anyway ... £50 if I can keep my eyes open till the end. And as for the winner, Babyhulk to be sent back to Wales crying. Bollywood for the bucks - £105

🤡

Edited by BatiGoal
2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Kanegan v Rich

Yikes, I should've extended my break with another year, anyway ... £50 if I can keep my eyes open till the end. And as for the winner, Babyhulk to be sent back to Wales crying. Bollywood for the bucks - £105

🤡

I thought it was common knowledge that us Babyhulks don’t cry 😥

I totally get where @samhardy is coming from. Forget never the bride always the bridesmaid, I'm always the sodding Paige boy!

It's going to be a fun run in and hopefully i can upset a few.

4 minutes ago, Woody said:

I totally get where @samhardy is coming from. Forget never the bride always the bridesmaid, I'm always the sodding Paige boy!

It's going to be a fun run in and hopefully i can upset a few.

But you’re the best god damn Paige boy this world has ever seen!

I’d quite happily be Paige’s boy.

I said Rich at the start as I wanted to heap loads of pressure on him. I actually think if he doesn’t win this now he’s let everyone down and should return to the forum as Mick.

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

I said Rich at the start as I wanted to heap loads of pressure on him. I actually think if he doesn’t win this now he’s let everyone down and should return to the forum as Mick.

Same here 😍

Wait until July, that’s when I usually come back as someone else. Won’t be mick though as you’ve already mentioned that now.

32 minutes ago, Rob said:

@samhardy told me the final challenge would be to get the best out of Mikey Johnston. Something Rich would surely struggle. Mich here we go! :D 

3 hours ago, broodje kip said:

@samhardy told me the final challenge would be to get the best out of Mikey Johnston. Something Rich would surely struggle. Mich here we go! :D 

I’d love it if the lad had to change his name again. That crafty Sam and Furby are no doubt plotting evil as we speak.

If you are reading this whilst standing up, please sit down. Now. Because it’s story time and this week’s story is brought to you by The Gloucestershire Gladiator and self-proclaimed “history nonce” himself @FuddledFox.

Rome 390BC

The Augur slowly removed the liver from the inside the sheep and placed it upon the tray. A silence had fallen amongst the watching crowd as the great and the good of Roman society waited for him to take the auspices and tell them what the year had in store for the Roman people.

The Augur would not be rushed though and he took his time to inspect the bloody organ in front of him. Time past and many became restless but the future would reveal itself when it was ready and not when a bunch of corrupt Senators said it should....

Finally the Augar was ready......

”l see a man, a great man with long red hair like fire tied back and a huge moustache. He is a leader of men and is to be feared!”

The senators gasped as only a barbarian would be described in such a way and even worse he sounded like a Gaul and no one struck more fear and contempt into the Roman people than the fearsome hairy warriors from the plains and mountains of that cold and misty land.

The Augar continued...

”He will lead an army into battle this year and Rome shall be defeated. That battle will take place in Allia.” More gasps as that was just 11 miles from Rome itself.

”He will trample our soldiers to dust and drench his mighty sword with our blood, he will take the great city of Rome and he will destroy all that we hold dear. The Roman nation is doomed to defeat at the hands of this man and you will all die”. 

The fear was building now in the watching crowd but one young hot head called out “you lie old man! No barbarian could take Rome as we are the chosen people of the gods.”

The Augur ignored this out burst and continued. “One area of the city will be spared and that’s the Capitoline Hill. If you wish to be saved you must get there when the Barbarian horde strikes the city other wise even Jupiter himself won’t save you from the Barbarian wrath. Only silver will buy our peace and free this city from Brennus of the Senones”

With that the Augury was complete and the Augur left leaving behind his stunned audience. In the north Brennus and his horde of Alpine Barbarians sharpened there swords in preparation for the horror they would bring on not just Rome but the whole of Italy itself....

:O

Dramatic stuff indeed although that is where the story ends... For now. That is because you will all be writing the next chapter.

image.png.4572b7ce1b2e2993d34cbe760df0d6ef.png

So as you may have already gathered this week’s challenge is based around leader of the Senones, huge Sunderland fan and all round top bloke Brennus.

The Challenge

• Since you are in Rome you will have the choice of managing either of the clubs from that famous city, which are Lazio and Roma.
  • Your task will be to sell the squad you inherit and build your own “Barbarian” army of 20 men to take on the challenge.
  • The nationalities allowed for your squad are Switzerland, Austria, Germany and France. You must have 5 players from each of these nations in your squad. Must be first nationality.

So pretty basic so far, a squad of 20 with 5 players from each of the above nations. But they are a Barbarian army so they have to be cheap. Therefore you will only be allowed to spend 10% of all player sales you receive from the starting squad to buy your 20 replacements.

Just the usual nonsense but there is some bonus points to be had and also a risk vs reward element as well.

• League Points +/- Goal Difference
  • 3 points for every game you win in cups (domestic and European)

The two league matches against the other Rome team will be “battles” and there will be extra points available from them.

• You will earn 5 bonus points for a win against the other Rome side. With a clean sheet this will be doubled so 10 points.
  • If you draw the game you will be deducted 5 points from your score.
  • If you lose the game you will be deducted 10 points from your score.

Brennus

You also have the option to elect one of your 20 man squad as “Brennus” and earn bonus points from him. The player you choose must play at centre back at all times.

Every goal he scores in all competitions will earn you 3 bonus points. However think carefully about this - because if he gets sent off or has to be taken off injured at any time during a game then the challenge is over for you on the spot and your score will be taken on the day of the red card or injury.

This is optional and you will have to choose whether the risk is worth the reward.

Clarifications

• Take control of Lazio or Roma.
  • Sell or demote the whole squad.
  • Build your new 20 man squad, which will consist of 5 Swiss, 5 Austrian, 5 German and 5 French players. There is no deadline for when your squad needs to be ready for but you won’t start accumulating points until the 20 man squad has been fully built.
  • Once your squad is built no more transfers in or out are allowed.
  • Any existing Roma or Lazio players of the 4 above nationalities cannot be used - they must be sold and replaced like the others.
  • The amount of money you receive from player sales divided by 10 is what you can spend on your new squad. So if you sell £200M worth of players you will have £20M to spend on your squad.
  • Free transfers are allowed but loans and player exchanges are not.
  • The points from the “battles” against the other Rome team are from the two league matches only.
  • Your “Brennus” must play at centre back and must be the same player throughout - you can’t use a different one in separate games.
  • He will earn you 3 points per goal but if he gets sent off or has to be taken off injured that’s challenge over and your score will be taken from that point.

Other Rules

• Original database only and you can load whichever leagues you want.
  • Coaching badges and any reputation is allowed.
  • No cheating, reloading, holidaying or use of unlockables whatsoever.
  • You may only attempt this challenge once and as soon as you have started the save you can’t restart.
  • If asked you must provide the save file and failure to do so could result in expulsion from the tournament.
  • Tiebreaker will be most wins in all competitions again like last week.

Screenshots Required

• Squad listed by nationality on the day you have completed your 20 man squad.
  • Transfer history on the day you have completed your 20 man squad and then again at the end of the season.
  • The games that are the “battles”.
  • Manager profile + history
  • League table
  • Full fixture list
  • Brennus profile and history.
  • Screenshot if your Brennus gets sent off or has to be taken off injured.

Deadline - Wednesday 24th February 11PM GMT

Good luck!